PAGE OF LIFE

11.Journey to Ixtlan
12.Little guitar

1998 version
1. Change We Must (6:28)
2. Anyone Can Light a Candle (3:43)
3. Page of life (3:17)
4. Money (5:43)
5. Little Guitar (1:42)
6. Garden of Sense (6:32)
7. Genevieve (3:45)

- Jim Hahn / guitar
- Rory Kaplin / keyboards
- Eduardo del Signore / bass
- Derek Wilson / percussion

Released in 1991 Arista CD: 261 373 in Europe only.
USA CD Higher Octave #45337 (1998) with revised track listing

Thanks to Retrovertigo for the addition
and to easy livin for the last updates

JON & VANGELIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy JON & VANGELIS Page of Life Music

7" Vinyl Jon & Vangelis I Hear You Now' EX++ 1979 Holland Pressing 'Thunder' US $17.12 Buy It Now 1h 10m
SYNTH POP/ Jon & Vangelis - The Friends Of Mr. Cairo (WL Promo) US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 2m
7" Vinyl Jon & Vangelis I'll Find My Way Home' NEAR MINT- 1981 Holland Pressing US $17.12 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Jon + Vangelis / Private Collection / 1983 / Polydor 422-813 174-1 / Red Label US $6.75 Buy It Now 7h 22m
JON & VANGELIS PAGE OF LIFE CASSETTE US $8.40 Buy It Now 7h 45m
JON & VANGELIS-HE IS SAILING Edited Version-UK Polydor 7" 1983 US $4.02 Buy It Now 8h
Jon & Vangelis The Best Of Jon & Vangelis CD NEW (UK Import) US $8.55 Buy It Now 11h 30m
JON & VANGELIS - THE FRIENDS OF MR CAIRO...RARE POLISH TAPE.. US $6.99 [0 bids]
Used CD: Private Collection by Jon & Vangelis (CD, 1990, EX; Polydor) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Jon & Vangelis - Best of CD (1984) Prog Rock US $13.43 Buy It Now 16h 38m
JON & VANGELIS - PRIVATE COLLECTION - Tape, Polish pressing US $14.00 Buy It Now 17h 54m
JON & VANGELIS - I Hear You Now - 1979 UK injection moulded 7" vinyl single US $16.79 Buy It Now 18h 16m
JON & VANGELIS SHORT STORIES 1980 RARE EXYU LP US $16.39 Buy It Now 19h 45m
VG++ JON & VANGELIS ONE MORE TIME 1980 45 RPM POLYDOR RECORDS PD 2130 PROMO COPY US $4.98 Buy It Now 20h 3m
JON & VANGELIS - I'll Find My Way Home (UK 2 Tk 1981 7" Single PS) US $4.69 Buy It Now 21h 20m
JON & VANGELIS The Best Of CD NEW US $12.10 Buy It Now 1 day
JON & VANGELIS -"Friends Of Mr. Cairo" 1981 12" 1st US WL PROMO (2 Tracks) - YES US $22.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Jon & Vangelis - The Friends Of Mr Cairo - 8000212 US $11.11 Buy It Now 1 day
JON & VANGELIS SHORT STORIES LP US $11.75 Buy It Now 1 day
JON & VANGELIS THE FRIENDS OF MR CAIRO LP US $11.75 Buy It Now 1 day
JON & VANGELIS: The Friends Of Mr. Cairo (rock & pop LP) US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Private Collection by Jon & Vangelis (CD, Oct-1990, Polydor) US $0.50 [0 bids]
Jon & Vangelis The Friends of Mr Cairo Find My Way Home + Cassette Tape - TESTED US $7.06 Buy It Now 2 days
Jon & Vangelis The Best Of CD New Age Rock Music Album Brand New US $11.75 Buy It Now 2 days
JON & VANGELIS: Private Collection LP (inner sleeve) Rock & Pop US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
JON & VANGELIS "NM WAX" Private Collection 422-813 174-1 Y-1 LP r2182 US $5.99 [0 bids]
Rare JON & VANGELIS "The Friends Of Mr Cairo" - 45 rpm Vinyl - no yes howe US $2.00 [0 bids]
JON & VANGELIS, THE FRIENDS OF MR. CAIRO ,7" VINYL US $1.66 [0 bids]
Jon & Vangelis ex promo 12 Friends of Mr Cario (5:49) / State of Independece US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Jon & Vangelis in shrink sticker LP Short Stories US $5.49 Buy It Now 3 days
Private Collection, Jon & Vangelis, Good Import US $5.74 Buy It Now 4 days
JON & VANGELIS - "Private Collection" LP 1983 1st US PROMO Polydor w/INNER (YES) US $23.88 Buy It Now 4 days
JON & VANGELIS - "Short Stories" LP 1980 1st US PROMO Polydor w/INNER (YES) US $23.88 Buy It Now 4 days
JON & VANGELIS - "I'll Find My Way Home"/"I Hear You Now" 1981 1st US 7" Single US $19.88 Buy It Now 4 days
JON VANGELIS GIBB ELTON JOHN DONNA SUMMER ROXY MUSIC KNOPFLER 12" ITALY DJ PROMO US $27.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Jon & Vangelis, I Hear You Now, Polydor PD 2098, VG+ US $3.95 Buy It Now 4 days
JON & VANGELIS THE FRIENDS OF MR CAIRO 1981 POLYDOR VINYL LP * NEAR MINT VINYL US $15.04 Buy It Now 4 days
Short Stories Import Edition by Jon & Vangelis (2002) A US $9.56 Buy It Now 4 days
JON & VANGELIS: The Friends Of Mr. Cairo LP (white cover, inner sleeve, w/o 'i' US $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Jon & Vangelis - I Hear You Now/ Thunder - Polydor - POSP96 (7") US $5.03 Buy It Now 4 days
Jon & Vangelis - Private Collection (CD) Original Polydor Issue - Fast Postage US $11.75 Buy It Now 4 days
Jon & Vangelis - Short Stories (CD) Original Polydor Issue - Fast Postage - Rare US $11.75 Buy It Now 4 days
JON & VANGELIS - "The Friends Of Mr. Cairo" LP 1981 1st US PROMO w/INNER - (YES) US $24.88 Buy It Now 5 days
YES related JON & VANGELIS "I'll Find My Way Home" PROMO EP 1981 (Jon Anderson) US $7.00 Buy It Now 5 days
JON & VANGELIS THE FRIENDS OF Mr CAIRO PAPER LABELS CASSETTE US $8.40 Buy It Now 5 days
Jon & Vangelis(Vinyl LP)The Friends Of Mr Cairo-UK-POLD 5039-Polydor-Ex/VG US $13.43 Buy It Now 5 days
Jon & Vangelis - The Best Of 24HR POST!! US $8.39 Buy It Now 5 days
Jon & Vangelis - The Friends Of Mr. Cairo Israeli HEBREW SLEEVE Israel LP LISTEN US $9.74 Buy It Now 5 days
Jon & Vangelis The Friends Of Mr Cairo 6 Track Vinyl LP US $9.23 Buy It Now 5 days
Jon & Vangelis The Best Of 8 Track Vinyl LP US $9.23 Buy It Now 5 days
CASSETTE: JON & VANGELIS Friends of Mr Cairo POP SYNTH US $4.19 Buy It Now 5 days
JON & VANGELIS I'll Find My Way Home 7" 45 US $6.64 Buy It Now 5 days
JON & VANGELIS The Friends of Mr Cairo 7" 45 US $6.64 Buy It Now 5 days
JON & VANGELIS The Friends Of Mr Cairo LP I'll Find My Way Home US $18.49 Buy It Now 5 days
The Best of Jon & Vangelis by Jon & Vangelis (CD, Aug-1984, Polydor) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Page Of Life:supervised Remastered Edition - Jon & Vangelis (2013, CD New) US $10.43 Buy It Now 6 days
Jon & Vangelis - Short Stories - RARE Israel Made Israeli LP Prog LISTEN US $14.24 Buy It Now 6 days
JON & VANGELIS - HE IS SAILING (UK 45 PS) US $10.91 Buy It Now 6 days
JON & VANGELIS (CHRONICLES) 1994 Import Rock CD - 14 Trax - Jon Anderson - YES US $6.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Jon & Vangelis- Best Of - 8219292 US $11.43 Buy It Now 6 days
VINYL LP - JON VANGELIS - SHORT STORIES - 2442 169 US $15.11 Buy It Now 6 days
Jon & Vangelis,The Friends Of Mr Cairo,LP US $10.91 Buy It Now 6 days
Jon & Vangelis - Best Of - RARE Israel Israeli LISTEN / Synth-Ambient-Prog US $14.24 Buy It Now 6 days
JON & VANGELIS - The Best Of Jon & Vangelis (West German 9 Tk CD Album) US $6.71 Buy It Now 6 days
Jon & Vangelis - Best of - Polydor - 8219292 (German CD 1983) US $10.07 Buy It Now 6 days
Jon & Vangelis - Short Stories - Polydor - POLD5030 (LP) US $10.07 Buy It Now 6 days
Jon & Vangelis - Page Of Life:supervised Remastered Edition [CD New] US $14.50 Buy It Now 6 days
JON & VANGELIS - PAGE OF LIFE: REMASTERED EDITION NEW CD US $30.40 Buy It Now 6 days
Jon & Vangelis - Best Of - Cassette YES US $3.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Page of Life Jon & Vangelis CD US $11.51 Buy It Now 6 days
Lot of (3) ELECTRONIC tubular bells (KOREAN PRESS) / JON VANGELIS / vollenweider US $10.00 [0 bids]
JON & VANGELIS - PRIVATE COLLECTION [JON & VANGELIS] [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $6.08 Buy It Now 7 days
JON & VANGELIS: Private Collection: CD NEW US $9.29 Buy It Now 7 days
I Hear You Now - Paper label Jon & Vangelis 7" vinyl single record German US $16.71 Buy It Now 7 days
The Best of Jon & Vangelis by Jon & Vangelis (CD, Aug-1984, Polydor) US $7.99 [0 bids]
JON & VANGELIS - Private Collection CD US $10.91 Buy It Now 7 days
The Best of Jon & Vangelis by Jon & Vangelis (Cassette, Aug-1984, Polydor) US $4.00 Buy It Now 7 days
JON & VANGELIS, SHORT STORIES - LP RECORD US $8.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Jon & Vangelis - The Friends of Mr. Cairo| West Germany | Rare | OOP US $10.99 Buy It Now 7 days
JON & VANGELIS The Friends Of Mr. Cairo VINYL LP Polydor 1981 ~i US $5.06 Buy It Now 7 days
Jon & Vangelis - Short Stories (CD 2002) US $8.32 Buy It Now 8 days
Jon & Vangelis - Private Collection (CD 2003) US $8.32 Buy It Now 8 days
Jon & Vangelis " The Best Of.." CD (Polydor/PolyGram 1984 USA) US $10.99 Buy It Now 8 days
JON & VANGELIS - SHORT STORIES 1992 UK CD * NEW * US $11.75 Buy It Now 8 days
Jon & Vangelis Private Collection CD (UK Import) NEW US $10.41 Buy It Now 8 days
Jon & Vangelis - Best Of, Original 1984 CD in LN Condition with Art in Case US $11.24 Buy It Now 8 days
Rock 45 JON & VANGELIS I Hear You Now on Polydor US $5.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Jon & Vangelis - Friends Of Mr. Cairo (CD 1988) US $8.32 Buy It Now 8 days
GREEK Demis Roussos sings Cat Stevens, Jon & Vangelis, "Adagio" CD SEALED US $14.55 Buy It Now 9 days
Jon & Vangelis Short Stories CD New Age Alternative Music Album New US $11.75 Buy It Now 9 days
JON & VANGELIS Lot of 2 LPs Mr. Cairo/Short Stories VG+ & EX Polydor Canada US $6.82 Buy It Now 9 days
Jon Vangelis The Best Of. Rare Made In Spain Record US $39.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Jon & Vangelis - Thr Friends Of Mr Cairo 1981 Ex/Ex Polydor POLD33 US $33.60 Buy It Now 9 days
JON AND VANGELIS BEST OF JON & VANGELIS 1984 UK PRESSED VINYL LP NEAR MINT ITEM US $13.53 Buy It Now 9 days
JON & VANGELIS - Private Collection - Ex Con LP Record US $15.11 Buy It Now 9 days
Jon & Vangelis - Best of Jon & Vangelis (CD 1984) US $8.32 Buy It Now 9 days
JON & VANGELIS - Short Stories - Excellent Condition LP Record Polydor POLD 5030 US $15.11 Buy It Now 9 days
JON & VANGELIS - The Friends Of Mr Cairo - Ex Con LP Record Polydor POLD 5053 US $13.43 Buy It Now 9 days
Jon & Vangelis Private Collection CD New Age Music Album Brand New US $11.75 Buy It Now 9 days
JON & VANGELIS - THE FRIENDS OF MR CAIRO, BILGERI VIDEO LIFE TURKISH PRESS US $35.00 Buy It Now 9 days

More places to buy JON & VANGELIS music online Buy JON & VANGELIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for JON & VANGELIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

JON & VANGELIS Page of Life ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(0%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(26%)

JON & VANGELIS Page of Life reviews

Review by richardh
2 stars Well this is the album where Jon and Vangelis became the Carpenters.Melodic but totally inofensive music with little that called be 'prog'.Its a very nice and totally boring as hell.Sorry but they really should not have bothered and you would be well advised to avoid this unless you want something to have a snooze to.

Send comments to richardh (BETA) | Report this review (#44740) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 29, 2005

Review by Gatot
3 stars The fourth and the last album by Jon and Vangelis "Page of life" is the most confusing one in term of release version. The first (I would say the original) version was released in 1991 and it contains 12 tracks, of which one "Wisdom Chain" is released as a single. The album seem didn't get much attention so in 1998, a second version of the same album was released in the USA with some differences in the set list as well as album cover even though the album title is the same. The one posted in this site is the second version (USA). The album that I have contains this set list: 1. Wisdom chain, 2. Page of life, 3. Money, 4. Jazzy box, 5, Garden of senses, 6. Is it love, 7. Anyone can light a candle, 8. Be a good friend of mine, 9. Shine for me, 10. Genevieve, 11. Journey to Ixtlan, 12. Little guitar. The cd-single that was released with the first edition is now highly sought after by both admirers of Jon Anderson as well as Vangelis because it contains the melancholic "Sing with your eyes" which can not be found anywhere else...

"Page of Life" took many years to complete as it seemed the two gentlemen had some initiatives, ideas and styles of their individual preferences and fine tuned them into a one cohesive album. Especially with Vangelis who might may have lost interest after initial sessions, changing studios plus record companies. So it took quite some time to get the on the market, plus having some session-musicians for additional percussion and Jon Anderson in charge for the beautiful 'Is It Love' - a track that some critics mentioned as an uncredited ABWH track. They left out material recorded long time ago in 1986, in which 'Sing With Your Eyes' appeared on the CD-single released with the album. Musically, the original album version that I have (the 1991 version) is a very interesting album and very enjoyable especially if you listen to it during night time like I did last night. Half of the album contains music that have been common with Jon and Vangelis album but the other half has some different styles with some influences of jazz music. I enjoy both the common ones and the new style with jazz influence.

It's a very good album and it's a must for Jon and Vangelis fans. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#44771) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 29, 2005

Review by Chris S
2 stars Very poor overall. It was almost like ..."should we revisit the successful formulae after all these years???".... I say this smacks of background music, has very little punch to it and may have been released purely for commercial reasons.' Change We Must' and ' Page Of Life' are OK but the closing ' Wisdom Chain' loses it's way and quite honestly this sums up this album.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#46161) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 10, 2005

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars Change (the tracks and their order) we must

Released in 1991, "Page of life" remains at time of writing the last collaboration between Jon Anderson and Vangelis. Right from the opening "Change we must", the album adopts a relaxed, almost ambient mood, with soft washes of sound and pleasing melodies. That opening track would later become the title of a solo album by Anderson, its title coming from a book called "Change we must" written by Hawaiian spiritual teacher Nana Veary. The version here uses repetitive themes in an Enya sort of way, the piece gradually building as it weaves it alluring themes. Surprisingly perhaps, the track features some fine guitar work by Jim Hahn (who appeared on Yes' "Union" album as Jim Haun).

Elsewhere, "Garden of senses" maintains the mood, but this time (uncredited) saxophone appears enhancing the melancholy mood. "Genevieve" lightens that mood again, but remains staunchly understated.

The final track, "Wisdom chain", is a 10+ minute epic which sets out as a Vangelis solo effort. The music sounds as if it has been lifted from one of his soundtrack albums, with sweeping synth orchestration and majestic themes. Anderson eventually makes his mark on the song, which becomes a repeating mantra.

"Money" seems to be a rather odd exception on the album, being a prosaic slice of unoriginal pop rock.

In all, a highly enjoyable final outing for Jon and Vangelis. This album has been rather lost from the vast discographies of the two protagonists, but those who found previous J&V efforts to their liking will be pleased with what they are presented with here.

Note this review is of the 1998 USA release. Vangelis apparently did not approve of this version, which sees some of the tracks being tinkered with by Anderson, and others omitted altogether.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#243327) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Review by Guillermo
4 stars I have listened to both versions of this album, and I prefer the sound mixing of the 1998 release, which apparently was the original mixing of this album that wasn´t liked by the record label (Arista) and / or Vangelis. I think that the mixing of the 1998 version is more clear and "atmospheric", but since both versions have a few differences in the songs which were included, I think that it is interesting to listen to both. In my opinion, the mixing released in 1991 (maybe only released in Europe) is less clear and more "dry". Anyway, the style of the music in this album is more closer to New Age than to Progressive Rock music, sometimes being very "romantic" and "Pop". But maybe this is my favourite album from them. There are also other changes in sound as Vangelis was using then more modern digital synthesisers and more programmed drum machines. Anderson worked very well in all the vocal arrangements. From the 1991 release I prefer the version of "Wisdom Chain", which in comparison to the version of the 1998 release is shorter and more "direct". The version from the 1998 release includes a long instrumental introductory part by Vangelis which at least for me doesn´t have very much in common with the other parts of the song, and sounds a bit "forced". From the 1998 release, "Change We Must" is an excellent song (with uncredited vocals by Mary Hopkin). In conclusion: I prefer the mixing of the 1998 release, but as a whole both albums are very enjoyable. Apparently, the 1998 version which was released in the U.S. , unauthorized by Vangelis but released with the authorization of Anderson, was the reason they stopped working together.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#874837) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 11, 2012

3 stars I have the original 1991 version of this album which starts with "Wisdom Chain". A decent starting song. Jon is in good voice with his high vocals. The usual interesting keyboard arrangements by the great Vangelis are there. There is something more uplifting about this, the duo's last studio alb ... (read more)

Report this review (#881827) | Posted by Frankie Flowers | Tuesday, December 25, 2012 | Review Permanlink

3 stars This review refers to the 1998 edition. This is perhaps the most pleasant of their collaborations. The sound is deep and rich even without the typical Vangelis lushness. Jon is in good voice here and sings smoothly without getting sentimental. The album opens with Jon's anthemic Change We ... (read more)

Report this review (#295801) | Posted by Progosopher | Sunday, August 22, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of JON & VANGELIS "Page of Life"