SWF SESSIONS, VOLUME 5

- Jürgen Karpenkiel / bass
- Waldemar Karpenkiel / drums

Recorded in 1973

Artwork: shapefruit AG

CD Long Hair ‎- LHC5 (2001, Germany)

and to Quinino for the last updates

Buy KOLLEKTIV SWF Sessions, Volume 5 Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
1St Album 19731St Album 1973
LONHA 2008
$19.85
Live 1973Live 1973
LONHA 2005
$24.45

More places to buy KOLLEKTIV music online Buy KOLLEKTIV & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

KOLLEKTIV SWF Sessions, Volume 5 ratings distribution

KOLLEKTIV SWF Sessions, Volume 5 reviews

Review by loserboy
4 stars Here are one of the true hidden gems to come out of the 70's German underground scene. This album since I first heard it has moved into the ranks amongst my all time Krautrock favs... and for good reason. I would rank this album on par with the first 2 NEU ! albums and in favt can draw many similarities to their music. KOLLEKTIV were a 4 piece band led by jazz and experimentalist Klaus Dapper (flute and sax). Musically this is a pure juxtaposition of early PINK FLOYD (aka "Ummagumma") with NEU. This all instrumental album really knows how to soar into the depths of space. One of those albums that you toss late at night into the stereo and just sit back and relax too. There is nothing to loud or musically complex here but rather seductive and transcedental. KOLEKTIV musically blend soft flute with flowing bass guitar and drum lines. This is one of those albums where all 4 instruments work to perfection. Highly recommended.
Review by Dobermensch
2 stars A live studio recording which finds me in a very bad mood after previous reviews. An entirely instrumental affair and quite laid back and 'of its time'. After the last bunch of garbage I've reviewed, 'Kollektiv' gets off to a good start.

The flutes are nice , sounding reverbed to bits, with lots of treated guitars and a laid back 'Gong' like bass that makes me wish I was on a beach having a nice bottle of beer rather than being stuck in Scotland in February.

Disappointingly some electric guitar rears its ugly head and all of a sudden things get pretty heavy and I want to leave my picnic on the beach and scamper off back home.

The whole album is quite similar in many ways to 'Set the Controls' by Floyd, with an atmosphere and technique that is comparable but is nothing special at all. 'Gong' fans may enjoy, but it's rubbish really.

Towards the end things do get horribly 70's and cheesy in the form of the 20 minute 'Gageg' with it's exasperatingly repetitive theme, which lowers this to a 2 star rating. I'd gladly never hear this again. God! what a night of reviewing!

Post a review of KOLLEKTIV "SWF Sessions, Volume 5"