KONVERGENCIE

Collegium Musicum

Collegium Musicum Konvergencie album cover

Buy COLLEGIUM MUSICUM Music
Studio Album, released in 1971

LP Original release (Sides A-D)

A
1. P.F. 1972 (22:00)
B
2. Suita po tisíc a jednej noci (22:33)
C
3. Piesne z kolovratku (17:53)
D
4. Eufónia (20:06)

---------------------------

CD Re-release

Disk 1:
1. Hommage á J. S. Bach (7:17)
2. If you want to fall (13:27)
3. Strange Theme (13:44)
4. Concerto in D (12:40)
5. PF 1972 (22:00)

Disk 2:
1. Suita po tisíc a jednej noci (22:36)
2. Piesne z kolovrátku (17:56)
3. Eufónia (20:11)
4. Ulica plná plášťov do dažďa (6:41)

Search COLLEGIUM MUSICUM Konvergencie lyrics

Search COLLEGIUM MUSICUM Konvergencie tabs

- Marián Varga / Hammond organ, organ, piano, subharchord, glockenspiel
- František Griglák / guitar, mandolin, vocals
- Fedor Freěo / bass guitar, bass mandolin, vocals
- Dušan Hájek / drums
- Pavol Hammel / vocal (on Disc 2, [2] )
- Children's chorus headed by I. Klocháň

2xLP Opus 9113 0136-7 - cd I/5, cd II/1, 2, 3 in track listing
2xCD Opus 91 2413-2 (1991) - along with LP "Collegium Musicum" (cd I/2, 3, 4) and EP "Hommage.../Ulica..." (cd I/1; cd II/4)
2xCD Opus 91 2772-2 (2007) - cd I/5, cd II/1, 2, 3 in track listing

and to marty mcfly for the last updates

COLLEGIUM MUSICUM MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy COLLEGIUM MUSICUM Konvergencie Music

KonvergencieKonvergencie
Enigmatic Records
Collegium Musicum - Konvergencie (2CD)Collegium Musicum - Konvergencie (2CD)
Remastered · Import

More places to buy COLLEGIUM MUSICUM music online Buy COLLEGIUM MUSICUM & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for COLLEGIUM MUSICUM DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

COLLEGIUM MUSICUM Konvergencie ratings distribution

COLLEGIUM MUSICUM Konvergencie reviews

Review by erik neuteboom
3 stars Here is a 2-CD from the very ELP inspired five piece band Collegium Musicum. The studio recordings are from 1970-71, both CD's contain at about one hour alternating prog featuring strong guitarplay and lots of Hammond organ work with obvious hints from Keith Emerson by Marian Varga. His keyboard sound is dated and self-indulgent but if you like these kind of keyboard players, he will please you, especially on the renditions from Bach ("Hommage a J.S. Bach") and Haydn ("Concerto in D") and the composition "Eufonia", this reminds me of Keith Emerson during his "Pictures at an exhibition"-era. RECOMMENDED TO ALL KEITH EMERSON AFICIONADOS!

Send comments to erik neuteboom (BETA) | Report this review (#49863) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, October 03, 2005

Review by apps79
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Neo Prog Team
3 stars 3.5 stars...

Another East-European hidden treasure,COLLEGIUM MUSICUM were found by keyboardist Marian Varga in late 60's/early 70's.They started with an eponymous album consisting of THE NICE-like Hammond organ work and bluesy guitars,but their =considered by many as a-masterpiece ''Konvergencie'' was released a year later with a more personal and refined sound.Mostly an instrumental work,''Kovergencie'' is a double-LP filled with over 2 hours (!!!) of classical-influenced prog rock (it includes 3 tracks of 20+ min. time).This work can be simply described as a nice seminar of energetic classical rock,dominated by Varga's endless organ parts,the powerful,bluesy guitars and the tons of jazz-like improvisations.However,at moments it can be slightly boring with all these endless keyboards solos and classical interprations...but nevertheless this is a recommended album,where music has the first and last word and a great paradigm of how classical music and rock can work together...

Send comments to apps79 (BETA) | Report this review (#163588) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, March 09, 2008

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
5 stars There's much of Keith Emerson in Marion Varga's playing, but this double album is more than a tribute to a way of playing the Hammond. There are arrangements of famous classical pieces (Bach, Rimsky-Korsakov and Haydn), together with a pure electronic suite. The shortest song is about 7 minutes, but all the rest is between 12 and 25 minutes in length. Never boring, anyway. There's a good variety of sub-genres, interludes, and very interesting passages. The other group members are very good musicians, too, so even if the Hammond has the "first row", all the ensemble can be apprieciated. The SLOVAKIAN (I wrote hungarian by mistake in the first version of this review, but I was llistening to After Crying actually) lyrics add a bit of exotism and are not "weird" like some English lyrics sung by Germans (I mean the Eloy, just to draw an example). As I mentioned at the beginning, there's much of Keith Emerson, but it's not so relevant as in Par Lindh may be. The composing and the arrangements are original enough to give this album a very high rating. To all the fans of Symphonic prog, not only EL&P.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#219929) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 05, 2009

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars EDIT: Expect some historical talks in first paragraphs + Czech point of view. I'm trying to be fair, oh kay ?

Slovakian culture was always compared to Czech one. Maybe that's simply bad approach. Unfair I would say. As Slovaks lacks quantity (they're about 2x smaller nation then we are, so it's nothing strange), they somehow compensate it with quality. Yes, we have Blue Effect, Progres 2, Synkopy and Pražský výběr, but they have Collegium Musicum & Fermata. And even I'm going to rate it with 5-star rating, as I did with some from my country, I have to say that there's a difference. Important fact is that in these times (communism, 70's), our countries were the same, together in one (about 14 million of people I suppose). Historically, our countries were always close and our languages are less similar than Austria/Germany language, but more than Spanish/Portugese. But still, even we were Czechoslovakia then (and for many people we still are, even 17 years after split, sad thing these geographic facts, huh?) and we cooperated a little bit, there were differences.

Of course, cultural, political, geographical, society, these not so nice to stuck yourself into, but hell, they're sometimes important to think about and consider.

But what's good about this situation for me is that I can understand it very, very well. I know historical context, I know about situation that was back then here, I can understand it very well. And I have to say that it's quite helping for understanding it all. Feeling this. EVEN IT'S not the same thing as living in this situation, making music, trying to

Very long album with cover that simply attracts you. Guess what, censors back then probably wasn't happy about this cigarette he's smoking, so on LP cover, this wasn't cover that appeared. Anyway, it was all different, for example on original double LP, just first four songs from "CD 2" appeared. Other are I suppose from somewhere else. Nevermind, when listening this rock attempt on classical music, I have to say that they're better than Beggar's Opera in this. No pathetic parody, pure homage. And not just Homage (talking 'bout first song), but also other like Concerto in D, furious swifting storm, pure prog rock beauty. Other two from first CD are, well, quite good, even they're in shade of these two.

And second side is pure beauty. Its value is unmeasureable and (when talking about it) also unspeakable. If you're lucky / interested / explorer enough, try to find it somewhere and try it for yourself. Let these great atmospheric, little bit psychedelic (crossed with keyboards in a way that you haven't heard before, not even in ELP music). Because this is not stupid Emmerson clone, it's intelligent music full of its own life. And because they almost don't sing, it's international record, everyone can enjoy it in almost the same way. Anyway, Slovak language is pleasant to listen, very soft one (almost too much, something in between Russian and Czech). Oh and Pf 1972 (Pf = Pour féliciter from French, we use it as new year's best wishes)

5(-), and I feel quite confident about it. What do you think ? After all, it's the best that Slovakian music can offer.

Double disk provides lesser proportion of melodies, more improvisations and tries to find their way.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#251132) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, November 17, 2009

4 stars The art of ELPism. There is in my view few better, if any, in the art of ELPism than Marian Varga and Collegium Musicum. Hidden behind the wrong side of the Iron Curtain, he and his band released a lot of albums which must have satisfied those who longed for a visit from Keith Emerson and E ... (read more)

Report this review (#236765) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Thursday, September 03, 2009 | Review Permanlink

5 stars One of my favourite albums. The keyboards vary of the calm one and melodious one even to the dizziness in spectacular and very quite tipsy arrangements. The mixture between classic music and the rock do from this work a masterpiece and in spite of a great deal of ELP likes, in my opinion the C ... (read more)

Report this review (#168705) | Posted by Joăo Paulo | Friday, April 25, 2008 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Amazing album full of great atmosphere. Some people might find it repetitive, but I have to say that every repeat here has a purpose. The album never really gets boring, but the best part is the sung suite of Thousand and 1 nights. If you like virtuostic hammond delivery and and overall, beautif ... (read more)

Report this review (#152217) | Posted by Magor | Thursday, November 22, 2007 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This is one of my favorites....Clearly, Marian Varga as a dominant player on this album, complemented nicely some great quitar solos from Griglak who is showing here his phenomenal potential (that he had never reached in his later projects with band called Fermata, though). Drums of Dusan Hajek ... (read more)

Report this review (#133551) | Posted by andympick | Friday, August 17, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of COLLEGIUM MUSICUM "Konvergencie"