SURVEILLANCE

Triumph

Triumph Surveillance album cover

Buy TRIUMPH Music
Studio Album, released in 1989

1. Prologue: Into the Forever (1:00)
2. Never Say Never (3:38)
3. Headed for Nowhere (6:08)
4. All the King's Horses (1:46)
5. Carry on the Flame (5:18)
6. Let the Light (Shine on Me) (5:33)
7. Long Time Gone (5:15)
8. Rock You Down (4:01)
9. Prelude: The Waking Dream (1:10)
10. On and On (3:47)
11. All Over Again (3:58)
12. Running in the Night (3:51)

Total Time: (45:05)

- Gil Moore / drums, vocals
- Steve Morse / guitar
- Joel Wade / vocals

2005 CD TRC #78010

Thanks to Retrovertigo for the addition

TRIUMPH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TRIUMPH Surveillance Music

Greatest Hits Remixed (CD + DVD)Greatest Hits Remixed (CD + DVD)
CD+DVD
Tml Entertainment 2007
Live at the Us FestivalLive at the Us Festival
Extra tracks · Limited Edition
Tml Entertainment 2003
Live At Sweden Rock Festival (CD+DVD)Live At Sweden Rock Festival (CD+DVD)
TML Entertainment 2012
PROGRESSIONS OF POWER BY TRIUMPH VINYL RECORD ALBUM FROM 1980 US $10.95 Buy It Now 39m 35s
Frog Eyes - Paul's Tomb: A Triumph: A Triumph - DOC019CD US $18.81 Buy It Now 40m 20s
Travelers Insurance The Triumph of Man R4LM-4348 EX Spoken Word US $9.95 Buy It Now 43m 34s
Elgar Philharmonia/Howarth - Birtwistle: Triumph Of Time [CD New] US $12.44 Buy It Now 1h
Triumph Allied Forces LP NM 1981 AFL1-3902 RCA US $12.95 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Triumph Thunder Seven LP 1984 MCA-5537 MINT Vinyl Record US $2.99 [1 bids]
TRIUMPH Tape Cassette THE SPORTS OF KINGS 1986 Cbs Records Mca Canada US $8.33 Buy It Now 1h 33m
TRIUMPH rock and roll machine PL 12982 A1E/B2E early press uk 1977 LP PS EX+/EX+ US $32.09 Buy It Now 1h 34m
Battlesword - Failing In Triumph [CD New] US $13.99 Buy It Now 1h 40m
THE SANTERS - Guitar Alley NM/EX-1984 Hard Rock Metal Triumph "Rare" Passport US $16.99 Buy It Now 1h 41m
Triumph - Surveillance (1987) - cassette US $0.99 [0 bids]
Triumph - Classics (1989) - cassette US $0.99 [0 bids]
Triumph - Just A Game (1979) - cassette US $0.99 [0 bids]
2h
The Triumph Of Man/World's Fair 1964-65/Travelers Insurance Company/33 RPM US $0.99 [0 bids]
Cataract : WITH TRIUMPH COMES LOSS CD (2004) US $3.57 Buy It Now 2h 39m
With Triumph Comes Loss by Cataract (CD, Sep-2004, Metal Blade) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Triumph of the Spirit (CD, Oct-1998) Mint #AT10 US $3.98 Buy It Now 2h 43m
Triumph " Thunder Seven MCA 5537 , stereo [ QUIEX 2 Limited Edition pressing US $8.00 [0 bids]
TRIUMPH STAGES DOUBLE LIVE LP VINYL ALBUM. US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 16m
TRIUMPH SPORT OF KINGS VINYL ALBUM. US $7.99 Buy It Now 3h 16m
TRIUMPH THUNDER SEVEN VINYL ALBUM. US $7.99 Buy It Now 3h 16m
Triumph & Agony by Warlock (CD, Mar-2003, Mercury) US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 16m
TRIUMPH NEVER SURRENDER VINYL ALBUM. WITH LINER NOTES INSERT. US $8.99 Buy It Now 3h 16m
Franz Liszt record album Tasso Lament & Triumph US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 25m
TRIUMPH 2 LP LOT NEVER SURRENDER JUST A GAME RIK EMMETT CANADA PROG METAL 1970'S US $11.99 Buy It Now 3h 30m
TRIUMPH OF THE WILLIAMS - Exp Lim Ed of 666, Red Wax EP US $24.50 Buy It Now 3h 33m
@ CD Triumph - In Concert KING BISCUIT FLOWER HOUR RARE 1996 ORG US $24.99 Buy It Now 4h
WARLOCK - TRIUMPH & AGONY NEW CD US $14.47 Buy It Now 4h
The hiss triumph red vinyl 7 inch vinyl new unplayed US $1.69 [0 bids]
Triumph & Agony by Warlock (CD, Mar-2003, Mercury) US $4.91 Buy It Now 4h 20m
Triumph or Agony by Rhapsody of Fire (CD, Sep-2006, Steamhammer) US $0.99 [1 bids]
Triumph: When The Lights Go Down 12" US $2.29 [0 bids]
Triumph of the Human Spirit: Songs for Troubled Times by The Country Dance... US $6.51 Buy It Now 4h 36m
The Jacksons "Triumph" 1980 R&B LP, VG, Original, Michael US $4.95 Buy It Now 5h
Goddess of Desire : Symbol of Triumph CD (1999) US $4.34 Buy It Now 5h 20m
Triumph Progressions of Power LP Vinyl Record Attic LAT 1083 1980 Canada US $6.99 [0 bids]
Triumph - Allied Forces (30th Anniversary Edition) 180g Vinyl LP Record + MP3 US $23.23 Buy It Now 5h 33m
TRIUMPH Hold On / Just A Game rare 45 RPM vinyl Attic Records US $2.99 Buy It Now 5h 39m
Triumph - Rocky Mountain Way/Little Texas Shaker 7" 45 RPM Vinyl Record US $1.99 Buy It Now 5h 44m
Triumph The Sport Of Kings Excellent Condition With Photo/Lyric Insert LP US $6.50 Buy It Now 5h 47m
TRIUMPH WORLD OF FANTASY TOO MUCH THINKING NM 7IN 45RPM SLSD 133 ACL OFFERS? US $5.19 Buy It Now 5h 56m
JACKSONS - DESTINY/TRIUMPH (IMPORT) NEW CD US $28.00 Buy It Now 6h
TRIUMPH SURVIVE NATURE'S CHILD NM 7 in 45rpm INTL SHIP DEALS R178 US $6.99 Buy It Now 6h 4m
Triumph - Rock & Roll Machine LP Limited Signed/ Inscribed by Rik Emmett Canada US $24.98 [0 bids]
Thunder Seven - Triumph New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $15.55 Buy It Now 6h 14m
Triumph Just A Game original ATTIC 1979 Canadian gatefold pressing US $5.99 Buy It Now 6h 17m
Triumph Rock & Roll Machine original ATTIC 197& Canadian pressing US $7.00 Buy It Now 6h 23m
Triumph - Stages (CD 2006) US $15.32 Buy It Now 6h 45m
Grade - Triumph NEW 7" 45 vinyl US $8.99 Buy It Now 6h 58m
TRIUMPH ALLIED FORCES ORIGINAL RECORD ALBUM US $13.99 Buy It Now 8h 19m
TRIUMPH-ALLIED FORCES 1981 RCA VICTOR LP AFL1-3902 EXC. VG+ CANADIAN METAL!! US $5.99 Buy It Now 8h 19m
HINNIES too fat for triumph 12" 4 trk b/w beautiful, the grace and gong (bgrl008 US $8.50 Buy It Now 8h 51m
The Triumph of Steel by Manowar (Cassette 1992 Atlantic VTG NEAR MINT (USA)) US $24.95 Buy It Now 8h 51m
Winterfylleth - Threnody of Triumph CD 2012 Candlelight USA black metal pagan US $13.95 Buy It Now 8h 56m
RHAPSODY OF FIRE - TRIUMPH OR AGONY - BONUS TRACKS (IMPORT) NEW CD US $55.84 Buy It Now 9h
TRIUMPH NEVER SURRENDER ORIGINAL RECORD ALBUM EX-NM US $9.99 Buy It Now 9h 14m
THE O'JAYS-Best Of-CANTON OH-Mascots-TRIUMPH-Soul-Cd's US $9.99 Buy It Now 9h 21m
TRIUMPH ROCK N ROLL MACHINE ORIGINAL RECORD ALBUM US $11.99 Buy It Now 9h 36m
1980's Record LP Album LOT OF 4 FOREIGNER Triumph GLASS TIGER Hooters US $18.99 Buy It Now 9h 39m
TRIUMPH THUNDER SEVEN ORIGINAL RECORD ALBUM US $11.99 Buy It Now 9h 40m
Skyward in Triumph by Godheadsilo (CD, Apr-1996, Sub Pop (USA))Rock FREE SHIP 4 US $12.99 Buy It Now 9h 43m
TRIUMPH LP NEVER SURRENDER RCA US $5.99 Buy It Now 9h 54m
TRIUMPH: Thunder Seven metal vinyl US $11.00 Buy It Now 10h 9m
TRIUMPH: Self Titled (metal VG++ vinyl LP rare 1st album LAT-1012 Attic) US $45.00 Buy It Now 10h 9m
WU TANG CLAN w/ Cappadonna Triumph / Gambinos REMIX & INSTRUMENTAL UK single CD US $11.95 Buy It Now 10h 10m
Jeffrey Fisher - Triumph of the Spirit CD New Age Two Birds Flying 2007 Sealed US $4.49 Buy It Now 10h 17m
JACKSONS, THE: Triumph (rock vinyl LP) US $11.00 Buy It Now 10h 26m
TRIUMPH Thunder Seven LP ROCK SEALED MCA Hype Sticker US $7.00 [0 bids]
TRIUMPH Allied Forces LP ROCK RCA Orig Lyric Inner US $7.00 [0 bids]
TRIUMPH Stages 2xLP ROCK MCA Gatefold WITH MAIL ORDER FORM Masterdisk US $7.00 [0 bids]
THE JACKSONS TRIUMPH epic 80 A2 B1 uk PROMO Lp US $11.91 Buy It Now 10h 27m
1980 THE JACKSONS "Triumph" PROMO LP Album - Michael-Jackie-Tito-Marlon-Jermaine US $0.98 [0 bids]
RCA-4382- TRIUMPH Never Surrender OOP USED 12" Vinyl Record Heavy Metal US $9.99 Buy It Now 10h 31m
Triumph The Sport of Kings LP EX/EX Lyrics 1986 MCA-5786 US $5.99 Buy It Now 10h 33m
MCA-37268- TRIUMPH Just A Game OOP USED 12" Vinyl Record Heavy Metal US $8.99 Buy It Now 10h 34m
RCA-4784- TRIUMPH Just A Game OOP USED 12" Vinyl Record Heavy Metal US $7.99 Buy It Now 10h 34m
RCA-3224- TRIUMPH Just A Game OOP USED 12" Vinyl Record Heavy Metal US $8.99 Buy It Now 10h 34m
discord - Triumph - Japan CD - NEW J-POP US $15.99 Buy It Now 10h 43m
RCA-4561- TRIUMPH Progressions Of Power OOP USED 12" Vinyl Record Heavy Metal US $8.99 Buy It Now 10h 52m
RCA-3524- TRIUMPH Progressions Of Power OOP USED 12" Vinyl Record Heavy Metal US $7.99 Buy It Now 10h 52m
MCA-37267- TRIUMPH Progressions Of Power OOP USED 12" Vinyl Record Heavy US $8.99 Buy It Now 10h 52m
RCA-4785- TRIUMPH Rock & Roll Machine OOP USED 12" Vinyl Record Heavy Metal US $9.99 Buy It Now 10h 52m
RCA-2982- TRIUMPH Rock & Roll Machine OOP USED 12" Vinyl Record Heavy Metal US $9.99 Buy It Now 10h 53m
MCA-37269- TRIUMPH Rock & Roll Machine OOP USED 12" Vinyl Record Heavy Metal US $9.99 Buy It Now 10h 53m
RARE 2 CD - HANDEL TRIUMPH OF TIME & TRUTH - DENYS DARLOW (1986) UK HYPERION US $14.99 Buy It Now 10h 58m
TRIUMPH All the Way / Battle Cry HARD ROCK VINYL 45 VG+ US $9.95 Buy It Now 10h 58m
NEW - Triumph And Agony by Warlock US $10.54 Buy It Now 11h 23m
WARLOCK Triumph And Agony LP GERMAN power/Thrash/speed DORO ORIG US 1st Pr MINT- US $19.99 [0 bids]
TRIUMPH Progression Of Power CANADIAN HAIR metal LP UNPLAYED UNOPENED SEALED US $8.99 [0 bids]
TRIUMPH Allied Forces '82 CANADIAN HAIR metal LP ORIGINAL US press US $7.99 [0 bids]
Triumph Progessions of Power 8 Track Tape eight US $9.99 Buy It Now 11h 30m
Maxell Rock LP Sampler VG+ cond TRIUMPH The Strawbs ODYSSEY Omaha Sheriff ALAN P US $1.50 Buy It Now 11h 33m
ALMOST:Triumph:The:T-shirt NEW:SMALL ONLY US $28.31 Buy It Now 11h 35m
TRIUMPH Follow Your Heart (1984 U.S. Clear Red Vinyl White Label Promo 7inch) US $50.01 Buy It Now 11h 45m
Manowar - The Triumph Of Steel (Cassette) 1996 Russia US $24.50 Buy It Now 12h 3m
Warlock - True as Steel / Triumph and Agony (CD-Maximum`99) Russian Pressing!!! US $20.00 Buy It Now 12h 6m
WU TANG CLAN Triumph EDIT & INSTRUMENTAL PROMO DJ CD Single Method Man US $24.99 Buy It Now 12h 47m
Triumph - Thunder Seven (Cassette, 1984) US $5.99 Buy It Now 12h 54m
Triumph - Just A Game - LP Record VG VG+ US $5.99 Buy It Now 13h 16m
TONY MIDDLETON - SOUL 45 - GROUP - TRIUMPH 600 US $29.99 Buy It Now 13h 29m

More places to buy TRIUMPH music online Buy TRIUMPH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TRIUMPH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TRIUMPH Surveillance ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(14%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(32%)

TRIUMPH Surveillance reviews

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars Never say never

In my opinion this is easily Triumph's best album. It is a very well made album with well written songs and extremely well played instruments. It is also more consistent and varied than earlier Triumph albums. The most important factor for success here though is the departure from the blatant party rockers of earlier albums (apart from Rock You Down which is the worst song on this album).

The vocals are excellent too and remind of Steve Perry of Journey and in some songs the music does remind a bit of Journey but a bit more metal. There are more keyboards on this album than on earlier Triumph albums and sometimes they remind slightly of the keys on Marillion's excellent Seasons End album (released the same year). However, the keyboards are never allowed the leading role and there are no keyboard solos.

Steve Morse guests on the album and you can hear his signature guitar style on Headed For Nowhere. The main riff of this song has something of an Iron Maiden sound to it!

All The Kings Horses is beautiful mellow song that leads into the rocker Carry On The Flame and the melody of All The Kings Horses is repeated again towards the end of that song. Nothing groundbreaking here, but it is a very nice arrangement.

Towards the end of the album the quality of the songs decreases a bit and nothing on the second half is as good as the first half. The closing number Running In The Night reminds me of what Asia would do on their Aria album few years later.

One negative aspect of this album compared to previous ones is that there isn't the typical Rik Emmet acoustic instrumental here (like the very nice Midsummer Daydream from the Thunder Seven album, for example). There are two short instrumentals on this album, but these are only mood setters and are not interesting on their own.

Overall, I would compare the style of this album to Kansas' Power album (on which Steve Morse also played) as well as to some of the better Wishbone Ash albums on the 80's.

This is a good album that deserves three solid stars. Recommended!

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#178870) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Review by Chicapah
1 stars I realize that it may look like I have something against this band. Some kind of evil vendetta intended to soil their reputation. I assure you that I don't. I knew nothing specific about them until I stumbled across their group's name in the prog related list and remembered that I had some of their albums in my mp3 library. Part of me wishes I hadn't because I could've stayed blissfully ignorant of them but what's done is done. Being a lifelong musician/songwriter I take no joy in criticizing a band's output because I know all too well how difficult, frustrating and time-consuming the whole drawn out process getting from the germ of the initial musical idea to the final mastered product is. I also admire the fact that this trio stayed intact for so many years. You can't say they didn't give it a good run. However, as a reviewer it's my responsibility to call 'em as I see 'em and in some cases there will be blood. If you're a fan of this group I mean no disrespect to your taste but after listening to several of their records I'm convinced that their tie to progressive rock is negligible at best. I noticed that this particular disc, "Surveillance," is their highest rated offering on this site so I was quite ready to have my mind changed. It didn't happen. In fact, it only cemented my dislike of them.

"Prologue - Into the Forever" conjures up a palpable Pink Floyd atmosphere complete with David Gilmour-ish guitar licks from singer/guitarist Rik Emmett. Unfortunately, the downhill slide commences immediately afterward. "Never Say Never" is a useless chunk of glossy, Journey- styled hard rock that owns no originality whatsoever. It epitomizes the formulaic, vapid crap that abounded in the forgettable era that was the 80s. The aptly titled "Headed for Nowhere" is next and it features a guest appearance by Steve Morse. The hot guitar work he adds is nice but it's like smearing icing on top of a pasture patty. It was a good move to let the former Dixie Dregs virtuoso graciously try to give them a shot in the arm but his effort is wasted on an inferior tune. "All the King's Horses" follows and I must admit that the serene aura they provide is a welcome change from the same old same old but, alas, it's nothing more than a brief intro to "Carry On the Flame," a number that reminds me of some of Whitesnake's overproduced schlock but that's actually giving this band too much credit. All in all it's a poor imitation. "Let the Light (Shine on Me)" employs one of those synthesized symphonic fog backgrounds to open the track, teasing that it might turn into a proggy deal but it soon belies its true crassly commercial colors by going down an all-too-familiar road to mediocrity.

The second half of the album starts with "Long Time Gone." I guess they ran out of song titles and had to resort to stealing one from Crosby, Stills and Nash's debut LP. I apologize to my readers in advance for my repetitiveness but the fact is I'm getting low on derogatory adjectives to accurately describe something as pitifully pedestrian as this. The odd monks-in-a-monastery chant they toss in at the middle is so misplaced as to be hilarious. "Rock You Down" may be one of the worst rock & roll compositions I've ever heard. This "anthem" is presented with an astounding dearth of enthusiasm. I've heard more excitement at a chess tournament. I'll sum it up in one word: Barf. "Prelude - The Walking Dream" may be puny and anemic yet an audible expulsion of intestinal gas would sound decent in comparison to the previous track. This short instrumental interlude is a lot like the curtain raiser. "On and On" is frightfully predictable and the name conveys the sense of weariness that overcame me at this juncture. I half expected Bonnie Tyler to start singing the lead vocal on this one but I reckon that observation says volumes about the mindless demographic they were aiming to please. It occurs to me that maybe we should be thankful that pieces of feces like this flourished in that doomed decade so that brave artists like Peter Gabriel would stand out from the herd even more. "All Over Again" is a sappy, saccharine power ballad that shouldn't be listened to until your sushi dinner has fully digested else you'll be seeing it "all over again" in your lap. Ugh. They mercifully end the torture with "Running in the Night." The best thing about it is that it's the caboose on this nondescript train of empty muzak. It's awful.

Honest to God, I really did go into this one with an open mind, hoping it would turn out to be different (in a good way) from their other stuff. Once again, they disappointed. In their defense it must be noted that the airwaves were saturated with this slick brand of pop rock in 1987. So much so that it would often make a progger like me listen to talk radio to and from work to avoid being made to feel nauseated. Maybe sampling this trash will help future generations understand why the grunge movement was able to conquer the music world with such ease in the early 90s. The public was sick of this junk. "Surveillance" turned out to be the last go-round for Rik Emmett and it's just as well. Triumph was defeated. While their fellow Canadians in Rush retained their non- conformist attitude throughout their career and reaped the benefits of their tenacity by becoming one of the planet's most respected musical entities ever I have serious doubts as to whether these boys ever had a rebellious (much less progressive) gene in their collective DNA.

Send comments to Chicapah (BETA) | Report this review (#1134623) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, February 20, 2014

4 stars EXCELLENT! It is funny when you find an excellent album, from time to time, which has only a very few reviews. It seems that not much people knows it. This is the case of "Surveillance". A really great original music-lyrics work, with fantastic musicians and guest like Steve Morse. Rik Emmett is ... (read more)

Report this review (#75652) | Posted by | Thursday, April 20, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars While this is not the typical Triumph album, not many party rockers here, this does find the band venturing into more of a progressive-metal mode here. Weightier subject matter as well as layered instruments and vocals give this album a depth this reviewer did not find again until Dream Theater's ... (read more)

Report this review (#51170) | Posted by | Monday, October 10, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of TRIUMPH "Surveillance"