SURVEILLANCE

Triumph

Triumph Surveillance album cover

Buy TRIUMPH Music
Studio Album, released in 1989

1. Prologue: Into the Forever (1:00)
2. Never Say Never (3:38)
3. Headed for Nowhere (6:08)
4. All the King's Horses (1:46)
5. Carry on the Flame (5:18)
6. Let the Light (Shine on Me) (5:33)
7. Long Time Gone (5:15)
8. Rock You Down (4:01)
9. Prelude: The Waking Dream (1:10)
10. On and On (3:47)
11. All Over Again (3:58)
12. Running in the Night (3:51)

Total Time: (45:05)

- Gil Moore / drums, vocals
- Steve Morse / guitar
- Joel Wade / vocals

2005 CD TRC #78010

Thanks to Retrovertigo for the addition

TRIUMPH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TRIUMPH Surveillance Music

Greatest Hits Remixed (CD + DVD)Greatest Hits Remixed (CD + DVD)
CD+DVD
TML Entertainment 2010
Never SurrenderNever Surrender
Allied ForcesAllied Forces
Tml Entertainment 2004
Live At Sweden Rock Festival (CD+DVD)Live At Sweden Rock Festival (CD+DVD)
TML Entertainment 2012
Thunder SevenThunder Seven
ClassicsClassics
Tml Entertainment 2007
Just a GameJust a Game
Progressions of PowerProgressions of Power
SurveillanceSurveillance
Tml Entertainment 2005
Maxell Rock Sampler - high fidelity - Alan Parsons, Hall Oates, Triumph, Strawbs US $6.00 Buy It Now 2h 12m
3 CD, EU, The Jacksons, Michael Jackson, Victory, Triumph, Gold (Best Of) US $30.90 Buy It Now 2h 37m
Wonders of His Love [LP] by Philip Bailey (of Earth Wind & Fire) plus Triumph US $0.99 [0 bids]
Triumph ~ Classics 1995 (Audio Cassette) "Fight The Good Fight" US $6.55 Buy It Now 3h 9m
TRIUMPH - MAGAZINE CUTTING (FULL PAGE ADVERT) (REF KA) US $6.56 Buy It Now 3h 12m
@ CD 1st Avenue - Tears And Triumph RARE DUTCH AOR INDISC 1992 ORG US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 30m
Frog Eyes, Paul's tomb A Triumph CD Album US $8.29 Buy It Now 4h 31m
Triumph - Rock & Roll Machine LP Limited Signed/ Inscribed by Rik Emmett Canada US $21.12 [1 bids]
Manowar - The Triumph Of Steel CD Atlantic 1992 US $5.99 Buy It Now 6h 35m
MAXELL ROCK SAMPLER TRIUMPH THE STRAWBS ODYSSEY ALAN PARSONS SEALED US $10.00 Buy It Now 6h 55m
Goddess of Desire - Symbol of Triumph LP + autograped Poster first press Vinyl US $55.00 [0 bids]
LUCIANO PAVAROTTI-BRAVO HIS GREAT AMERICAN OPERATIC TRIUMPH PAV2001-2 NM/VG+ 2LP US $11.98 Buy It Now 7h 30m
TRIUMPH ROCK & ROLL MACHINE / JAPAN OBI / NM MINT- CLEA US $49.99 Buy It Now 7h 38m
Triumph - Allied Forces - Vinyl LP US $5.99 Buy It Now 7h 44m
Triumph - Never Surrender - Vinyl LP 1983 US $6.99 Buy It Now 8h 5m
TRIUMPH - NEVER SURRENDER LP - 1983 US $1.99 [0 bids]
TRIUMPH - STAGES - 2 LP SET - 1980 MCA - GATE FOLD PROMO LP US $14.99 Buy It Now 8h 31m
The Clee-Shays ~ Super Spy Themes ~ Triumph Stereo US $65.00 Buy It Now 8h 39m
Stages by Triumph (Cassette, Sep-1995, TRC Distribution) US $4.00 Buy It Now 8h 40m
Triumph - Allied Forces (Mini Lp Sleeve) [CD New] US $46.35 Buy It Now 8h 40m
16 DEADLY IMPROVS - TRIUMPH OF THE 16 DEADLY IMPROVS [CD NEW] US $11.98 Buy It Now 8h 41m
Such Triumph by Narrator (The) (CD, Apr-2006, Flameshovel) US $1.99 Buy It Now 8h 42m
Triumph the insult comic dog CD DVD comedy music album RARE US $5.00 [0 bids]
Triumph Classics Cassette OOP RARE Hair Metal US $1.99 Buy It Now 8h 49m
TRIUMPH - 12" SPECIAL EDIT PROMO, JUST ONE NIGHT - 1987 US $0.99 [0 bids]
Arnell - Punch and the Child Op. 49 . Berners - The Triumph of Neptune US $5.80 Buy It Now 9h 22m
Vanilla Muffins - The Triumph Of Sugar Oi! NEW CD US $18.15 Buy It Now 9h 25m
The Narrator : Such Triumph CD (2005) US $3.25 Buy It Now 9h 57m
Wu Tang Clan Ghostface Killah 12" Vinyl Record Lot Triumph Bulletproof Wallets US $59.99 Buy It Now 10h 8m
Jeffrey Fisher,Triumph of the Spirit US $2.49 Buy It Now 10h 11m
Triumph- Thunder Seven- Rock LP SEALED US $14.99 Buy It Now 10h 31m
TRIUMPH: Progressions Of Power. 1980 Vinyl 12" LP US $1.66 [0 bids]
Jazz 45 EDDIE JEFFERSON Sherry on Triumph US $5.00 Buy It Now 11h 10m
Thunder Seven by Triumph (CD 1995 TRC Distribution TRCD-6207) US $9.99 [0 bids]
Triumph Stages CD (1985, MCA, CD Made in Japan!) RARE / OOP US $10.00 Buy It Now 11h 56m
WU TANG CLAN "TRIUMPH 12 ORIG US NEAR MINT RAEKWON RZA GZA GHOSTFACE FOREVER US $12.00 Buy It Now 12h 33m
Bjork - Triumph Of A Heart 3 Track CD Single US $8.37 Buy It Now 12h 41m
TRIUMPH STAGES 2 LP SET GATEFOLD COVER GERMANY IMPORT US $12.99 Buy It Now 12h 43m
Kult Ov Azazel - Triumph Of Fire NEW CD US $14.42 Buy It Now 12h 48m
Vanilla Muffins - The Triumph Of Sugar Oi! NEW LP US $25.82 Buy It Now 13h 15m
TRIUMPH - SPELLBOUND - US $8.99 [0 bids]
Triumph Rock & Roll Machine LP NM/NM+ AFL1-2982 US $9.99 Buy It Now 13h 35m
Original TRIUMPH ALLIED FORCES LP 1981 RCA RECORDS (AFL 1-390-B) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Triumph Somebody's Out There / What Rules My Heart 7" Vinyl 45 & Picture Sleeve US $5.13 Buy It Now 13h 42m
THE JACKSONS - TRIUMPH - US $12.99 [0 bids]
Triumph 80s ROCK DJ 45 I Can Survive Mono / Stereo Versions US $9.98 Buy It Now 14h 31m
Triumph 80s ROCK DJ 45 Say Goodbye Mono / Stereo Versions US $9.98 Buy It Now 14h 31m
Extended Versions by Triumph (CD, Oct-2006, Sony Music Distribution (USA)) US $6.04 Buy It Now 15h 13m
Berners - The Triumph of Neptune CD (1998) US $10.00 Buy It Now 15h 37m
Jeffrey Fisher Triumph of the Spirit CD US $6.72 Buy It Now 15h 40m
Just a Game by Triumph (CD, Oct-1987, MCA (USA)) OUT OF PRINT - UNPLAYED* US $47.99 Buy It Now 15h 41m
MCA-1453 TRIUMPH Progressions Of Power OOP NEW 12" Vinyl Record Heavy Metal US $6.99 Buy It Now 15h 42m
Never Surrender by Triumph (CD, Jul-1987, MCA (USA)) *UNPLAYED* US $16.00 Buy It Now 15h 55m
Surveillance by Triumph (CD, Nov-1987, MCA (USA)) *UNPLAYED* OUT OF PRINT US $57.99 Buy It Now 16h
TRIUMPH 9 X LP ROCK LOT NEVER SURRENDER / JUST A GAME / ALLIED FORCES / STAGES US $35.00 Buy It Now 16h 14m
GRAND MAGUS Triumph and power CD digipack +bonus Pre-order Spiritual Beggars US $9.99 Buy It Now 16h 21m
TRIUMPH lot of 6 classic hard rock metal music cassettes US $27.00 Buy It Now 16h 45m
RARE PROG ROCK STYX "The Best Of Times" - 45 rpm 1980 VINYL - no triumph kansas US $0.99 [0 bids]
Triumph Stages - Double Live Album vinyl LP '85 US $9.99 Buy It Now 17h 16m
Stages by Triumph (CD, 1986, MCAD2-8020, JVC-432 - OUT OF PRINT - *UNPLAYED* US $18.99 Buy It Now 17h 17m
CONCERTO MOON - GATE OF TRIUMPH - FLAWLESS JAPAN DIGIPAK CD with OBI US $39.99 Buy It Now 17h 34m
Triumph LP Rock & Roll Machine 1984 NM/VG+ US $5.95 [0 bids]
Original 1981Triumph Allied Forces LP US $3.00 [0 bids]
TRIUMPH - LIVE AT THE SWEDEN RO (IMPORT) NEW CD US $43.07 Buy It Now 17h 51m
Triumph "Thunder Seven" US $7.99 Buy It Now 17h 57m
TRIUMPH (ALLIED FORCES) LP - 1981 - RCA records AFL1 3902 + INNER Sleeve VG+ US $3.50 Buy It Now 18h 59m
Rik Emmett - Absolutely CD - Triumph Guitarist Original 1990 OOP RARE Charisma US $6.97 Buy It Now 19h 4m
Triumph Signed Thunder Seven Vinyl Lp Record Rik Emmett Candid Photo Canada HOF US $124.99 Buy It Now 19h 18m
THE CHASM deathcult for eternity:the triumph 1998 OZ PRODUCTIONS CD006) LIKE NEW US $79.99 Buy It Now 19h 41m
Rik Emmett RARE Signed Triumph Rock & Roll Machine Vinyl Lp Record Candid Photo US $124.99 Buy It Now 20h 11m
Triumph LP Thunder Seven Quiex II 1984 MASTERDISC RL Promo NM/EX US $8.95 [0 bids]
New Triumph, Starship Estrada Audio CD US $7.40 Buy It Now 20h 50m
Somebody's Out There TRIUMPH Aldo Nova Rush Babys UFO John Waite RARE CD US $39.99 Buy It Now 21h 10m
TRIUMPH - ALLIED FORCES ,RECORD,RCA,1981,12",HARD ROCK US $24.99 Buy It Now 22h 36m
TRIUMPH ,PROGRESSIONS OF POWER,33 RPM,12",1980,RCA US $20.99 Buy It Now 22h 36m
GODHEADSILO Skyward in Triumph Sub Pop promo CD 1996 US $6.99 Buy It Now 22h 50m
Andy J. Forest - Notown Story: The Triumph Of Turmoil [CD New] US $19.98 Buy It Now 23h 58m
TRIUMPH-ALLIED FORCES JAPAN LP w/OBI + In Japan Insert RPL-8103 US $17.10 Buy It Now 1 day
Triumph - Allied Forces (Mini Lp Sleeve) CD US $46.36 Buy It Now 1 day
16 Deadly Improvs - Triumph Of The 16 Deadly Improvs CD US $15.71 Buy It Now 1 day
TRIUMPH OF LOVE / O.B.C. NEW CD US $24.67 Buy It Now 1 day
TRIUMPH AMERICAN GIRLS. DEMO 7" P/S RARE US $1.64 [0 bids]
Bjork - Triumph of the heart CD Single Promo sticker US $3.30 Buy It Now 1 day
THE JACKSONS 'TRIUMPH' UK LP MICHAEL JACKSON US $13.27 Buy It Now 1 day
13 CD 1 DVD MUSIC LOT TRAVIS BSB BULLA TRIUMPH ADAMS WYATT NARADA GUITAR US $19.99 [0 bids]
TRIUMPH NEVER SURRENDER RCA 1983 LP US $3.99 [0 bids]
HOT SHOWER-METAL COMPILATION,1981,RCA,SLADE,HAWKWIND,TRIUMPH,BUDGIE,GRAND PRIX US $13.27 Buy It Now 1 day
Triumph, The Sport Of Kings Vinly Record MCA-5786 US $5.00 [0 bids]
TRIUMPH - NEVER SURRENDER - HEAVY METAL LP - SHRINK WRAP US $5.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Triumph / Classics US $3.99 [0 bids]
Metalium - State of Triumph, Chapter Two ADVANCED CD PROMO SEALED SINNER ACCEPT US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
TRIUMPH 'STAGES' UK DOUBLE LP US $16.59 Buy It Now 1 day
TRIUMPH 'THUNDER SEVEN' UK LP US $13.27 Buy It Now 1 day
TRIUMPH -Thunder Seven NEW SEALED LP US $9.98 Buy It Now 1 day
TRIUMPH-ALLIED FORCES 1981 RCA VICTOR LP AFL1-3902 EXC. VG+ CANADIAN METAL!! US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
TRIUMPH - ROCK & ROLL MACHINE (IMPORT) (24 BIT) NEW CD US $58.40 Buy It Now 1 day
Triumph Somebody's Out There NM/What Rules My Heart NM 1986 Rock 45 US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE JACKSONS Triumph LP VG+ Michael Jackson US $13.05 Buy It Now 1 day
Triumph - The Sport Of Kings (CD, 2006) US $8.29 [0 bids]
TRIUMPH thunder seven CASSETTE TAPE - HARD ROCK / CLASSIC ROCK / PROG US $6.63 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy TRIUMPH music online Buy TRIUMPH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TRIUMPH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TRIUMPH Surveillance ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(14%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(32%)

TRIUMPH Surveillance reviews

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars Never say never

In my opinion this is easily Triumph's best album. It is a very well made album with well written songs and extremely well played instruments. It is also more consistent and varied than earlier Triumph albums. The most important factor for success here though is the departure from the blatant party rockers of earlier albums (apart from Rock You Down which is the worst song on this album).

The vocals are excellent too and remind of Steve Perry of Journey and in some songs the music does remind a bit of Journey but a bit more metal. There are more keyboards on this album than on earlier Triumph albums and sometimes they remind slightly of the keys on Marillion's excellent Seasons End album (released the same year). However, the keyboards are never allowed the leading role and there are no keyboard solos.

Steve Morse guests on the album and you can hear his signature guitar style on Headed For Nowhere. The main riff of this song has something of an Iron Maiden sound to it!

All The Kings Horses is beautiful mellow song that leads into the rocker Carry On The Flame and the melody of All The Kings Horses is repeated again towards the end of that song. Nothing groundbreaking here, but it is a very nice arrangement.

Towards the end of the album the quality of the songs decreases a bit and nothing on the second half is as good as the first half. The closing number Running In The Night reminds me of what Asia would do on their Aria album few years later.

One negative aspect of this album compared to previous ones is that there isn't the typical Rik Emmet acoustic instrumental here (like the very nice Midsummer Daydream from the Thunder Seven album, for example). There are two short instrumentals on this album, but these are only mood setters and are not interesting on their own.

Overall, I would compare the style of this album to Kansas' Power album (on which Steve Morse also played) as well as to some of the better Wishbone Ash albums on the 80's.

This is a good album that deserves three solid stars. Recommended!

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#178870) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Review by Chicapah
1 stars I realize that it may look like I have something against this band. Some kind of evil vendetta intended to soil their reputation. I assure you that I don't. I knew nothing specific about them until I stumbled across their group's name in the prog related list and remembered that I had some of their albums in my mp3 library. Part of me wishes I hadn't because I could've stayed blissfully ignorant of them but what's done is done. Being a lifelong musician/songwriter I take no joy in criticizing a band's output because I know all too well how difficult, frustrating and time-consuming the whole drawn out process getting from the germ of the initial musical idea to the final mastered product is. I also admire the fact that this trio stayed intact for so many years. You can't say they didn't give it a good run. However, as a reviewer it's my responsibility to call 'em as I see 'em and in some cases there will be blood. If you're a fan of this group I mean no disrespect to your taste but after listening to several of their records I'm convinced that their tie to progressive rock is negligible at best. I noticed that this particular disc, "Surveillance," is their highest rated offering on this site so I was quite ready to have my mind changed. It didn't happen. In fact, it only cemented my dislike of them.

"Prologue - Into the Forever" conjures up a palpable Pink Floyd atmosphere complete with David Gilmour-ish guitar licks from singer/guitarist Rik Emmett. Unfortunately, the downhill slide commences immediately afterward. "Never Say Never" is a useless chunk of glossy, Journey- styled hard rock that owns no originality whatsoever. It epitomizes the formulaic, vapid crap that abounded in the forgettable era that was the 80s. The aptly titled "Headed for Nowhere" is next and it features a guest appearance by Steve Morse. The hot guitar work he adds is nice but it's like smearing icing on top of a pasture patty. It was a good move to let the former Dixie Dregs virtuoso graciously try to give them a shot in the arm but his effort is wasted on an inferior tune. "All the King's Horses" follows and I must admit that the serene aura they provide is a welcome change from the same old same old but, alas, it's nothing more than a brief intro to "Carry On the Flame," a number that reminds me of some of Whitesnake's overproduced schlock but that's actually giving this band too much credit. All in all it's a poor imitation. "Let the Light (Shine on Me)" employs one of those synthesized symphonic fog backgrounds to open the track, teasing that it might turn into a proggy deal but it soon belies its true crassly commercial colors by going down an all-too-familiar road to mediocrity.

The second half of the album starts with "Long Time Gone." I guess they ran out of song titles and had to resort to stealing one from Crosby, Stills and Nash's debut LP. I apologize to my readers in advance for my repetitiveness but the fact is I'm getting low on derogatory adjectives to accurately describe something as pitifully pedestrian as this. The odd monks-in-a-monastery chant they toss in at the middle is so misplaced as to be hilarious. "Rock You Down" may be one of the worst rock & roll compositions I've ever heard. This "anthem" is presented with an astounding dearth of enthusiasm. I've heard more excitement at a chess tournament. I'll sum it up in one word: Barf. "Prelude - The Walking Dream" may be puny and anemic yet an audible expulsion of intestinal gas would sound decent in comparison to the previous track. This short instrumental interlude is a lot like the curtain raiser. "On and On" is frightfully predictable and the name conveys the sense of weariness that overcame me at this juncture. I half expected Bonnie Tyler to start singing the lead vocal on this one but I reckon that observation says volumes about the mindless demographic they were aiming to please. It occurs to me that maybe we should be thankful that pieces of feces like this flourished in that doomed decade so that brave artists like Peter Gabriel would stand out from the herd even more. "All Over Again" is a sappy, saccharine power ballad that shouldn't be listened to until your sushi dinner has fully digested else you'll be seeing it "all over again" in your lap. Ugh. They mercifully end the torture with "Running in the Night." The best thing about it is that it's the caboose on this nondescript train of empty muzak. It's awful.

Honest to God, I really did go into this one with an open mind, hoping it would turn out to be different (in a good way) from their other stuff. Once again, they disappointed. In their defense it must be noted that the airwaves were saturated with this slick brand of pop rock in 1987. So much so that it would often make a progger like me listen to talk radio to and from work to avoid being made to feel nauseated. Maybe sampling this trash will help future generations understand why the grunge movement was able to conquer the music world with such ease in the early 90s. The public was sick of this junk. "Surveillance" turned out to be the last go-round for Rik Emmett and it's just as well. Triumph was defeated. While their fellow Canadians in Rush retained their non- conformist attitude throughout their career and reaped the benefits of their tenacity by becoming one of the planet's most respected musical entities ever I have serious doubts as to whether these boys ever had a rebellious (much less progressive) gene in their collective DNA.

Send comments to Chicapah (BETA) | Report this review (#1134623) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, February 20, 2014

4 stars EXCELLENT! It is funny when you find an excellent album, from time to time, which has only a very few reviews. It seems that not much people knows it. This is the case of "Surveillance". A really great original music-lyrics work, with fantastic musicians and guest like Steve Morse. Rik Emmett is ... (read more)

Report this review (#75652) | Posted by | Thursday, April 20, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars While this is not the typical Triumph album, not many party rockers here, this does find the band venturing into more of a progressive-metal mode here. Weightier subject matter as well as layered instruments and vocals give this album a depth this reviewer did not find again until Dream Theater's ... (read more)

Report this review (#51170) | Posted by | Monday, October 10, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of TRIUMPH "Surveillance"