SURVEILLANCE

Triumph

Triumph Surveillance album cover

Buy TRIUMPH Music
Studio Album, released in 1989

1. Prologue: Into the Forever (1:00)
2. Never Say Never (3:38)
3. Headed for Nowhere (6:08)
4. All the King's Horses (1:46)
5. Carry on the Flame (5:18)
6. Let the Light (Shine on Me) (5:33)
7. Long Time Gone (5:15)
8. Rock You Down (4:01)
9. Prelude: The Waking Dream (1:10)
10. On and On (3:47)
11. All Over Again (3:58)
12. Running in the Night (3:51)

Total Time: (45:05)

- Gil Moore / drums, vocals
- Steve Morse / guitar
- Joel Wade / vocals

2005 CD TRC #78010

Thanks to Retrovertigo for the addition

TRIUMPH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TRIUMPH Surveillance Music

Greatest Hits Remixed (CD + DVD)Greatest Hits Remixed (CD + DVD)
CD+DVD
Never SurrenderNever Surrender
Thunder SevenThunder Seven
Sport of KingsSport of Kings
Tml Entertainment 2005
Live At Sweden Rock Festival (CD+DVD)Live At Sweden Rock Festival (CD+DVD)
TML Entertainment 2012
Progressions of PowerProgressions of Power
Extended VersionsExtended Versions
Sbme Special Mkts. 2006
Winterfylleth The Threnody Of Triumph Lp Vinyl Black Metal US $29.95 Buy It Now 1h 37m
D.O.A. TRIUMPH OF THE IGNOROIDS 7" EP NEW kbd #305/1100 black flag hardcore US $9.99 [0 bids]
triumph never surrender record US $2.99 [0 bids]
triumph just a game record US $2.99 [0 bids]
Triumph s/t debut lp Attic LAT 1012 First Press NM US $8.00 [0 bids]
Triumph the Insult Comic Dog-Come Poop with Me (CD & DVD)-Audio CD US $5.99 Buy It Now 4h 55m
Symbol of Triumph by Goddess of Desire (CD, Jul-1999, Metal Blade) US $1.00 [0 bids]
5h
@ CD Battlesword - Failing In Triumph METAL / NEON KNIGHTS RECORDS 2003 US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 41m
ROGER ROGER Hour Of Triumph Danish 45PS 1960 Olympia Victory March US $10.00 Buy It Now 6h 21m
WARLOCK ALBUM "TRIUMPH AND AGONY"/ AUTOGRAPHED BY DORA+NIKO+TOMMY /1987/ MINT * US $43.99 [0 bids]
TRIUMPH Thunder Seven JAPAN LP P-13079 OBI US $18.00 Buy It Now 6h 40m
PROMO LABEL / TRIUMPH THUNDER SEVEN / UN-PLAYED WITH OBI US $79.99 Buy It Now 6h 58m
TRIUMPH- THUNDER SEVEN LP HTF ORIGINAL SLEEVE W LYRICS US $11.00 Buy It Now 7h 4m
Handel: The Triumph of Time & Truth (2014) US $28.22 Buy It Now 7h 58m
Triumph the Insult Comic Dog, Come Poop with Me (CD & DVD) Audio CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 8h 8m
Grand Magus: Triumph and Power (2014) CD OBI TAIWAN + BONUS TRACK US $22.99 Buy It Now 8h 56m
Triumph The Sport of Kings LP Japan Promo NEW Vinyl+Ins '86 Rik Emmett Hard Rock US $39.00 Buy It Now 9h 14m
Airtime - Liberty Manifesto +1, AOR, Rik Emmett,M.Shotton,Von Groove,Triumph,LRS US $12.99 Buy It Now 9h 49m
World's Fair 1964-65 The Triumph of Man NM Red Vinyl 7" 33 Advertising Record 45 US $2.99 [0 bids]
TRIUMPH Sport Of Kings LP EX+ UK 1st Press //1 1986 MCA w/ Inner Sleeve US $19.47 Buy It Now 10h 23m
Tama Waipara - Triumph Of Time (NEW CD) US $19.87 Buy It Now 10h 29m
Manowar - The Triumph Of Steel (NEW CD) US $10.94 Buy It Now 11h 50m
Tessier-Ashpool - Rhythm Interuptus - Triumph #236741 US $4.85 Buy It Now 12h 4m
Interlect 3000 - Volcano - Triumph - 1993 #403001 US $4.85 Buy It Now 12h 5m
Triumph-Captured Live-Keri 2130-2LP SET FRANCE US $19.99 Buy It Now 12h 28m
MILITARY BANDS cd TRIUMPH GLORY MILITARY THROUGH YEARS20 tracks US $8.12 Buy It Now 12h 49m
WHILE HEAVEN WEPT-Triumph:Tragedy:Transcendence DLP COLOR US $19.99 Buy It Now 12h 51m
WHILE HEAVEN WEPT - Triumph:Tragedy:Transcendence DLP BLACK US $19.99 Buy It Now 13h 3m
Triumph - Allied Forces LP Japan Obi Heavy Metal Rare ! US $32.50 Buy It Now 13h 13m
BARRY WORDSWORTH - LORD BERNERS triumph of neptune EMI CD no IFPI NM US $12.99 Buy It Now 13h 23m
FATALLY YOURS - AN ALMOST SACRED TRIUMPH (ROCK/HEAVY METAL/GOTH) CD US $9.72 Buy It Now 13h 28m
The Triumph * by Deathstar (CD, Nov-2009, Facedown Records) US $0.99 [0 bids]
NOCTURNAL BREED-TRIUMPH OF THE BLASPH..-cd ep-1995-orig US $16.79 Buy It Now 14h 59m
O PIONEERS!!! THE ANCHOR SPLIT 2008 7" VINYL MARBLED TRIUMPH OF LIFE RECORDS 004 US $6.99 Buy It Now 15h 4m
TRIUMPH - Progressions of Power EX/NM '80 HARD ROCK PROG AOR w/ Lyric Inner US $19.99 Buy It Now 15h 5m
Triumph - The Sport Of Kings NEW CD US $19.82 Buy It Now 15h 40m
JACKSONS ~ Triumph ~ VINYL LP US $13.62 Buy It Now 16h 44m
HELLHAMMER 2X7" TRIUMPH OF DEATH CELTIC FROST THRASH METAL VENOM BATHORY PUNK US $19.00 Buy It Now 17h 17m
Goldmine - Do What You Like - Triumph - 1997 #133767 US $6.48 Buy It Now 17h 27m
Cozy Concept - E.P. - Triumph - 2000 #426221 US $6.48 Buy It Now 17h 27m
RIK EMMETT Self-Titled Rare Japan Promo CD Triumph Japanese Obi Strip US $19.99 [0 bids]
TRIUMPH 45 RECORD SOMEBODY'S OUT THERE MCA 1986 US $4.99 Buy It Now 17h 45m
1984 NM Ltd Ed Colored Vinyl MCA 7" Single 45 RPM Triumph "Follow Your Heart" US $9.99 [0 bids]
Triumph Just A Game Cassette Tape 1986 MCA Remaster Progressive Hard Rock Metal US $4.49 Buy It Now 18h 15m
Triumph Surveillance Cassette Tape 1987 MCA MCAC-42081 Canadian Hard Rock AOR US $4.49 Buy It Now 18h 15m
TRIUMPH THUNDER SEVEN LP 1984 STEREO SHRINK WRAP NEAR MINT!! US $9.99 Buy It Now 18h 31m
Winterfylleth: The Threnody Of Triumph 2 LP Vinyl Record Set 2012 180g Color NEW US $29.95 Buy It Now 19h 3m
TRIUMPH "ALLIED FORCES" VINYL LP ORIGINAL 1981 RCA RECORDS AFL1-3902, STEREO EX US $12.99 [0 bids]
TRIUMPH "Stages" 2 x Lp PROMO (Canadian Press) NM/NM Goldstamp Gatefold sleeve US $18.08 [0 bids]
CATARACT 'With Triumph Comes Loss' 11 song cd 2004 US $1.95 [0 bids]
TRIUMPH - THUNDER SEVEN SEALED VINYL LP US $12.64 Buy It Now 19h 54m
SHARON MAREE - TRIUMPH * [893848002325] - NEW CD US $10.05 Buy It Now 20h 6m
Nephasth Immortal Unholy Triumph promo CD US $6.49 Buy It Now 20h 9m
Triumph - Hold On / Just A Game 45 rpm 7" Vinyl RCA Records NM 1979 US $6.00 Buy It Now 20h 17m
ALLIED FORCES BY TRIUMPH (CD) US $21.06 Buy It Now 20h 19m
Triumph Progressions of Power LP Vinyl Record Attic LAT 1083 1980 Canada US $6.99 [0 bids]
TRIUMPH "Thunder Seven" Lp (1st Canada Press) NM/EX Rush Max Webster Gil Moore US $13.56 [0 bids]
triumph, scorpions, pat benatar, jethro tull, the police, record lot, LP lot US $60.00 [0 bids]
STEVE COLSON & UNITY TROUPE Triumph 2011 UK vinyl LP SEALED/NEW US $12.97 Buy It Now 20h 59m
Triumph Of Lethargy Skinned Alive To Death - Some Of Us Are In This To NEW CD US $20.93 Buy It Now 21h 24m
TRIUMPH - ORIGINAL 1976 CANADIAN SELF TITLED LP - ATTIC RECORDS LAT 1012 US $20.00 Buy It Now 21h 34m
Triumph 31 Guitar Tabs Software Lesson CD, 2 Backing Tracks & Free Bonuses US $6.75 [0 bids]
STEVE COLSON & UNITY TROUPE Triumph 2011 vinyl LP SEALED/NEW US $15.55 Buy It Now 21h 38m
Triumph - Just a Game LP record AFL 1-3224 - No Reserve lots for sale US $0.99 [0 bids]
TRIUMPH NEVER SURRENDER CASSETTE TAPE LIGHTLY USED US $6.36 Buy It Now 21h 59m
TRIUMPH - TRIUMPH [REMASTER] - NEW CD US $6.13 Buy It Now 22h 8m
PHILIP BAILEY Triumph 1986 Myrrh Oop 1st Edition CD 80s Gospel R US $35.96 Buy It Now 22h 19m
Triumph - The Sport of Kings Vinyl LP - MCA 5786 - First Pressing - EX - Nice!! US $4.95 Buy It Now 22h 23m
RARE - InnerView- Radio Show - Triumph -1980`s - Complete - EX+ Jim Ladd NR US $34.99 [0 bids]
23h
Triumph Progressions Of Power 9 Track Vinyl LP US $18.25 Buy It Now 23h
Triumph Thunder Seven 10 Track Vinyl LP US $18.25 Buy It Now 23h
Triumph by The Jacksons (CD, Oct-1990, Epic (USA)) US $4.00 [0 bids]
While Heaven Wept - Triumph: Tragedy: Transcendence NEW 2 x CD US $32.32 Buy It Now 23h 18m
Triumph - Surveillance NEW CD US $19.82 Buy It Now 23h 30m
Godless Rising - Trumpet Of Triumph NEW CD US $16.38 Buy It Now 23h 41m
Philip Bailey Triumph LP Vinyl Record VG++ US $7.00 [0 bids]
Triumph - Stages NEW CD US $19.82 Buy It Now 23h 43m
Three O'Clock Rock '/Write Me A Love Letter -The Capitals Triumph 601 Mint DJ US $30.00 Buy It Now 23h 48m
Triumph - Progressions Of Power NEW CD US $19.82 Buy It Now 23h 55m
State of Triumph by Metalium (CD, Aug-2000, Pavement Music) US $9.99 [0 bids]
Triumph Spellbound 45 7" Picture Sleeve White Label Promo Hard Rock US $4.99 [0 bids]
TRIUMPH - EXTENDED VERSIONS NEW CD US $10.14 Buy It Now 1 day
TRIUMPH EDGE OF EXCESS 1992 JAPAN CD OBI 2500yen VICP 1ST PRESS US $99.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Triumph-"Rock & Roll Machine" (12" LP Attic 1977) Chrome Plated US $19.99 [0 bids]
VANILLA MUFFINS - TRIUMPH OF SUGAR OI! (UK) NEW CD US $38.62 Buy It Now 1 day
WINTERFYLLETH - THRENODY OF TRIUMPH NEW CD US $19.38 Buy It Now 1 day
TRIUMPH - Thunder Seven - 1984 Vinyl Lp.w/ Lyrics/ Hard Rock AOR/ Rik Emmett US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CLAIM THE THRONE Triumph & Beyond Ale Tales CD 2013 Australian Folk Metal NEW US $16.24 Buy It Now 1 day
ONE GIANT STEP THE TRIUMPH AND THE TRAGEDY OF A DECADE OF DEVOTION TO AN .... US $10.00 [0 bids]
Triumph Allied Forces Just A Game 2 12" Vinyl Lot US $0.99 [0 bids]
Warlock - Triumph And Agony NEW CD US $6.35 Buy It Now 1 day
TRIUMPH Guitar Tab Software Lesson CD + BACKING TRACKS + FREE BONUSES US $8.26 Buy It Now 1 day
TRIUMPH - SOMEBODY'S OUT THERE - WHITE LABEL PROMO MCA 12' SINGLE US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Triumph - Rock & Roll Machine NEW CD US $19.82 Buy It Now 1 day
Triumph - Live At Sweden Rock Festival (cd+dvd) NEW 2 x CD US $16.38 Buy It Now 1 day
Winterfylleth - The Threnody Of Triumph NEW 2 x LP US $20.29 Buy It Now 1 day
METALIUM STATE OF TRIUMPH -CHAPTER II- SPEC. RUSSIA EDITION POWER METAL US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Manowar - The Triumph Of Steel NEW 2 x LP US $25.24 Buy It Now 1 day
Cataract,CD,With Triumph Comes Loss US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Triumph - The Sport of Kings - 1986 Vinyl Lp./ Exc./ Hard Rock Metal/ Rik Emmett US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy TRIUMPH music online Buy TRIUMPH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TRIUMPH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TRIUMPH Surveillance ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(14%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(33%)

TRIUMPH Surveillance reviews

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars Never say never

In my opinion this is easily Triumph's best album. It is a very well made album with well written songs and extremely well played instruments. It is also more consistent and varied than earlier Triumph albums. The most important factor for success here though is the departure from the blatant party rockers of earlier albums (apart from Rock You Down which is the worst song on this album).

The vocals are excellent too and remind of Steve Perry of Journey and in some songs the music does remind a bit of Journey but a bit more metal. There are more keyboards on this album than on earlier Triumph albums and sometimes they remind slightly of the keys on Marillion's excellent Seasons End album (released the same year). However, the keyboards are never allowed the leading role and there are no keyboard solos.

Steve Morse guests on the album and you can hear his signature guitar style on Headed For Nowhere. The main riff of this song has something of an Iron Maiden sound to it!

All The Kings Horses is beautiful mellow song that leads into the rocker Carry On The Flame and the melody of All The Kings Horses is repeated again towards the end of that song. Nothing groundbreaking here, but it is a very nice arrangement.

Towards the end of the album the quality of the songs decreases a bit and nothing on the second half is as good as the first half. The closing number Running In The Night reminds me of what Asia would do on their Aria album few years later.

One negative aspect of this album compared to previous ones is that there isn't the typical Rik Emmet acoustic instrumental here (like the very nice Midsummer Daydream from the Thunder Seven album, for example). There are two short instrumentals on this album, but these are only mood setters and are not interesting on their own.

Overall, I would compare the style of this album to Kansas' Power album (on which Steve Morse also played) as well as to some of the better Wishbone Ash albums on the 80's.

This is a good album that deserves three solid stars. Recommended!

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#178870) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Review by Chicapah
1 stars I realize that it may look like I have something against this band. Some kind of evil vendetta intended to soil their reputation. I assure you that I don't. I knew nothing specific about them until I stumbled across their group's name in the prog related list and remembered that I had some of their albums in my mp3 library. Part of me wishes I hadn't because I could've stayed blissfully ignorant of them but what's done is done. Being a lifelong musician/songwriter I take no joy in criticizing a band's output because I know all too well how difficult, frustrating and time-consuming the whole drawn out process getting from the germ of the initial musical idea to the final mastered product is. I also admire the fact that this trio stayed intact for so many years. You can't say they didn't give it a good run. However, as a reviewer it's my responsibility to call 'em as I see 'em and in some cases there will be blood. If you're a fan of this group I mean no disrespect to your taste but after listening to several of their records I'm convinced that their tie to progressive rock is negligible at best. I noticed that this particular disc, "Surveillance," is their highest rated offering on this site so I was quite ready to have my mind changed. It didn't happen. In fact, it only cemented my dislike of them.

"Prologue - Into the Forever" conjures up a palpable Pink Floyd atmosphere complete with David Gilmour-ish guitar licks from singer/guitarist Rik Emmett. Unfortunately, the downhill slide commences immediately afterward. "Never Say Never" is a useless chunk of glossy, Journey- styled hard rock that owns no originality whatsoever. It epitomizes the formulaic, vapid crap that abounded in the forgettable era that was the 80s. The aptly titled "Headed for Nowhere" is next and it features a guest appearance by Steve Morse. The hot guitar work he adds is nice but it's like smearing icing on top of a pasture patty. It was a good move to let the former Dixie Dregs virtuoso graciously try to give them a shot in the arm but his effort is wasted on an inferior tune. "All the King's Horses" follows and I must admit that the serene aura they provide is a welcome change from the same old same old but, alas, it's nothing more than a brief intro to "Carry On the Flame," a number that reminds me of some of Whitesnake's overproduced schlock but that's actually giving this band too much credit. All in all it's a poor imitation. "Let the Light (Shine on Me)" employs one of those synthesized symphonic fog backgrounds to open the track, teasing that it might turn into a proggy deal but it soon belies its true crassly commercial colors by going down an all-too-familiar road to mediocrity.

The second half of the album starts with "Long Time Gone." I guess they ran out of song titles and had to resort to stealing one from Crosby, Stills and Nash's debut LP. I apologize to my readers in advance for my repetitiveness but the fact is I'm getting low on derogatory adjectives to accurately describe something as pitifully pedestrian as this. The odd monks-in-a-monastery chant they toss in at the middle is so misplaced as to be hilarious. "Rock You Down" may be one of the worst rock & roll compositions I've ever heard. This "anthem" is presented with an astounding dearth of enthusiasm. I've heard more excitement at a chess tournament. I'll sum it up in one word: Barf. "Prelude - The Walking Dream" may be puny and anemic yet an audible expulsion of intestinal gas would sound decent in comparison to the previous track. This short instrumental interlude is a lot like the curtain raiser. "On and On" is frightfully predictable and the name conveys the sense of weariness that overcame me at this juncture. I half expected Bonnie Tyler to start singing the lead vocal on this one but I reckon that observation says volumes about the mindless demographic they were aiming to please. It occurs to me that maybe we should be thankful that pieces of feces like this flourished in that doomed decade so that brave artists like Peter Gabriel would stand out from the herd even more. "All Over Again" is a sappy, saccharine power ballad that shouldn't be listened to until your sushi dinner has fully digested else you'll be seeing it "all over again" in your lap. Ugh. They mercifully end the torture with "Running in the Night." The best thing about it is that it's the caboose on this nondescript train of empty muzak. It's awful.

Honest to God, I really did go into this one with an open mind, hoping it would turn out to be different (in a good way) from their other stuff. Once again, they disappointed. In their defense it must be noted that the airwaves were saturated with this slick brand of pop rock in 1987. So much so that it would often make a progger like me listen to talk radio to and from work to avoid being made to feel nauseated. Maybe sampling this trash will help future generations understand why the grunge movement was able to conquer the music world with such ease in the early 90s. The public was sick of this junk. "Surveillance" turned out to be the last go-round for Rik Emmett and it's just as well. Triumph was defeated. While their fellow Canadians in Rush retained their non- conformist attitude throughout their career and reaped the benefits of their tenacity by becoming one of the planet's most respected musical entities ever I have serious doubts as to whether these boys ever had a rebellious (much less progressive) gene in their collective DNA.

Send comments to Chicapah (BETA) | Report this review (#1134623) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, February 20, 2014

4 stars EXCELLENT! It is funny when you find an excellent album, from time to time, which has only a very few reviews. It seems that not much people knows it. This is the case of "Surveillance". A really great original music-lyrics work, with fantastic musicians and guest like Steve Morse. Rik Emmett is ... (read more)

Report this review (#75652) | Posted by | Thursday, April 20, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars While this is not the typical Triumph album, not many party rockers here, this does find the band venturing into more of a progressive-metal mode here. Weightier subject matter as well as layered instruments and vocals give this album a depth this reviewer did not find again until Dream Theater's ... (read more)

Report this review (#51170) | Posted by | Monday, October 10, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of TRIUMPH "Surveillance"