SURVEILLANCE

Triumph

Triumph Surveillance album cover

Buy TRIUMPH Music
Studio Album, released in 1989

1. Prologue: Into the Forever (1:00)
2. Never Say Never (3:38)
3. Headed for Nowhere (6:08)
4. All the King's Horses (1:46)
5. Carry on the Flame (5:18)
6. Let the Light (Shine on Me) (5:33)
7. Long Time Gone (5:15)
8. Rock You Down (4:01)
9. Prelude: The Waking Dream (1:10)
10. On and On (3:47)
11. All Over Again (3:58)
12. Running in the Night (3:51)

Total Time: (45:05)

- Gil Moore / drums, vocals
- Steve Morse / guitar
- Joel Wade / vocals

2005 CD TRC #78010

Thanks to Retrovertigo for the addition

TRIUMPH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TRIUMPH Surveillance Music

Greatest Hits Remixed (CD + DVD)Greatest Hits Remixed (CD + DVD)
CD+DVD
TML Entertainment 2010
Allied ForcesAllied Forces
Never SurrenderNever Surrender
Just a GameJust a Game
Tml Entertainment 2005
Live At Sweden Rock Festival (CD+DVD)Live At Sweden Rock Festival (CD+DVD)
TML Entertainment 2012
Rock N Roll MachineRock N Roll Machine
ClassicsClassics
Tml Entertainment 2007
Thunder SevenThunder Seven
SurveillanceSurveillance
Progressions of PowerProgressions of Power
Tml Entertainment 2005
CLASSICS FOR ETERNITY *** 3 X CD SET new *** inspiration tranquillity triumph US $17.56 Buy It Now 42m 19s
Michael Jackson Mystique De Perfume Sample Official 1989 Triumph International US $16.11 Buy It Now 2h 24m
Michael Jackson Leave Me Alone Original 1989 Official Triumph Poster MEGA RARE US $79.04 Buy It Now 2h 29m
Triumph 31 Guitar Tabs Software Lesson CD, 2 Backing Tracks & Free Bonuses US $6.75 [0 bids]
PHILIP BAILEY Japan LP with OBI, TRIUMPH US $11.99 Buy It Now 3h 43m
UNKNOWN PEOPLE - TRIUMPH [EP] (828600404925) - NEW CD US $13.02 Buy It Now 3h 46m
TRIUMPH: Progressions Of Power. 1980 Vinyl 12" LP US $1.61 [0 bids]
3 CD, EU, The Jacksons, Michael Jackson, Victory, Triumph, Gold (Best Of) US $27.90 Buy It Now 4h 3m
TRIUMPH SELF TITLED UK LP US $12.90 Buy It Now 5h 40m
Sheila Walsh - Triumph In The Air - LP US $2.50 Buy It Now 6h 3m
Triumph Classics (CD 1989) US $2.42 [0 bids]
TRIUMPH-I LIVE FOR THE WEEKEND 1980 RCA PROMO 7" US $6.44 Buy It Now 6h 15m
Joe Meek Triumph Session Work In Progress double LP Sealed Import US $27.97 Buy It Now 6h 18m
TRIUMPH AMERICAN GIRLS. DEMO 7" P/S RARE US $1.60 [0 bids]
Triumph_MAGAZINE CLIPPINGS CUTTINGS_ships from AUSTRALIA! bs1 US $9.65 Buy It Now 6h 42m
VANILLA MUFFINS - TRIUMPH OF SUGAR OI! (UK) NEW VINYL US $63.11 Buy It Now 7h 7m
Stages - Triumph New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $22.09 Buy It Now 7h 10m
CONCERTO MOON-GATE OF TRIUMPH-JAPAN CD-PAPERSLEEVE-OBI-GATEFOLD US $14.99 [0 bids]
Triumph Somebody's Out There NM/What Rules My Heart NM 1986 Rock 45 US $3.99 Buy It Now 8h 22m
D.O.A./ Triumph Of The Ignoroids/ Friends/ 1981 Pressing/ KBD/ NM US $39.95 Buy It Now 8h 31m
Various Artists-1970's-Philips-DUTCH IMPORT-6XLP Box Set - "Triumph des Barock" US $7.99 Buy It Now 8h 42m
TRIUMPH - Classics (1989) OOP Cassette NEW US $24.98 Buy It Now 8h 56m
TRIUMPH / Just A Game JAPAN CD Mini-LP w/OBI AIRAC-1430 US $34.50 Buy It Now 9h
Overkill - Triumph Of The Will 1985 SST Records Overkill L.A. Hardcore Punk US $21.99 Buy It Now 9h 42m
NEW - State of Triumph by Metalium US $6.55 Buy It Now 9h 43m
TRIUMPH LP-ALLIED FORCES/RCA VICTOR RECORDS, AFL1-3902 STEREO VG++ US $9.98 Buy It Now 9h 44m
WHITE HEAT - WE NEVER HEARD OF YOU EITHER (Canada Import CD) Gil Moore (Triumph) US $19.36 [0 bids]
Dark Triumph - The Life of Victoria Lancaster Smith, BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED CD US $11.78 Buy It Now 9h 53m
Damaar Triumph LP rare nwn blasphemy beherit von US $15.00 [0 bids]
TRIUMPH-THE SPORT OF KINGS-MCA 5786 VG+/VG+ LP US $7.48 Buy It Now 10h 13m
TRIUMPH-SURVEILLANCE-MCA 42083 VG+/VG+ LP US $8.98 Buy It Now 10h 13m
TRIUMPH-PROGRESSIONS OF POWER--MCA 1453 NM/VG+ LP US $8.98 Buy It Now 10h 14m
TRIUMPH-JUST A GAME-MCA 37268 VG+/VG+ LP US $7.98 Buy It Now 10h 14m
Circle Triumph 2LP US $19.99 Buy It Now 10h 18m
Triumph of Time - Waipara,Tama New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $36.43 Buy It Now 10h 36m
THE JACKSONS / TRIUMPH / CASSETTE TAPE / CBS (UK) 1980 US $8.05 Buy It Now 10h 42m
Misanthropic Triumph / Ravendark's Monarchal Canticle: Breath Of Deadly Silence US $9.95 Buy It Now 10h 46m
THE CLEE-SHAYS "THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E." B/W "DYNAMITE" TRIUMPH # 65 SURF 45 US $18.99 Buy It Now 10h 52m
Record/Vinyl/ Triumph Rock n roll machine US $7.99 [0 bids]
Rik Emmett ( Triumph guitarist ) - Swing Shift RARE OOP ORIG Canadian CD (Mint!) US $27.00 Buy It Now 11h 21m
Lot of 15 LP Rock Metal Witchkiller Saxon Tsunami Britny Fox Triumph King Kobra US $99.99 Buy It Now 11h 26m
ADRIAN WESTNEY JR cd A Triumph of Grace PIANO VERY NICE US $14.95 Buy It Now 11h 42m
Triumph MCA Promo 45 Record #52898 VG+ PS Somebody's Out There US $6.00 Buy It Now 11h 56m
TRIUMPH-ALLIED FORCES-JAPAN Ltd.Ed MINI LP CD 0512 Fi83 US $35.50 Buy It Now 12h 12m
Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Triumph of the Spirit by Various Artists (CD,... US $0.99 [0 bids]
The Jacksons - Triumph LP US $4.82 [0 bids]
Ipso Facto by Rik Emmett/Triumph/new cd/Japan issue same tracks US $50.00 Buy It Now 13h 8m
Ksak Yamada: Symphony in F major 'Triumph and Peace', New Music US $6.51 Buy It Now 13h 18m
Triumph- Surveillance- new/sealed cassette tape US $2.50 Buy It Now 13h 24m
xDeathstarx-The Triumph Christian Metalcore first album remixed remastered! US $6.99 Buy It Now 13h 25m
TRIUMPH 2 LP Lot Allied Forces, Never Surrender US $9.00 [0 bids]
Wu-Tang Clan (feat Cappadonna) - Triumph EP RZA Method Man Rap / Hip Hop US $8.05 [0 bids]
TRIUMPH OF DEATH"V/A"ORG cd Turbo 92,Acheron,Death Yell,Beherit,Carcass... US $24.99 Buy It Now 14h 16m
NM 1980 Triumph / Progressions of Power LP in shrink US $5.00 Buy It Now 15h
triumph-mca-thunder seven-sealed US $28.00 Buy It Now 15h 13m
THE JACKSONS - TRIUMPH US $16.11 Buy It Now 15h 26m
TRIUMPH - ALLIED FORCES, AFL1-3902 RCA US $11.00 Buy It Now 15h 51m
FROG EYES - PAUL'S TOMB: A TRIUMPH - NEW CD US $11.54 Buy It Now 15h 56m
LOT OF 4....DEEP PURPLE..RAINBOW..BLACK SABBATH...TRIUMPH...VG+ or BETTER VINYL US $9.99 [1 bids]
TRIUMPH usa dj 45 ALL THE WAY, RCA 13539, 1983 metal US $4.50 Buy It Now 16h 56m
Phazed & Confused by Triumph 2000 (NEW CD, Sep-1999, 2 Discs, Derailed Music) US $3.50 Buy It Now 17h 16m
TRIUMPH Mind Games Empty Inside 12" Vinyl Promo Promotional Record MCA 1985 US $9.99 Buy It Now 17h 30m
triumph, scorpions, pat benatar, jethro tull, the police, record lot, LP lot US $75.00 [0 bids]
Triumph Just a Game LP Promo Masterdisk EX+ US $4.99 Buy It Now 17h 56m
(CD) Handel: Triumph of Time & Truth /2CD/Sharon Baker;Dominique Labelle;Stepner US $10.99 Buy It Now 17h 58m
7 record lot - Triumph - Styx Equinox - Ted Nugent - Cheap Trick Marseille more US $13.49 [0 bids]
18h
triumph lp rock & roll machine afl1-2982 vg+/vg++ US $4.79 Buy It Now 18h 2m
triumph lp allied forces w/inner afl1-3902 vg+/vg+ US $3.99 Buy It Now 18h 6m
Vintage vinyl Triumph Allied Forces 1981 release record LP US $14.00 [0 bids]
IRON FIRE blade of triumph ( POWER EPIC SPEED METAL ) US $7.99 Buy It Now 22h 2m
RARE 2 CD - HANDEL TRIUMPH OF TIME & TRUTH - DENYS DARLOW (1986) UK HYPERION US $11.99 Buy It Now 22h 31m
(DR6) CD Manowar The Triumph of Steel 7567824232 9 Tracks US $14.52 Buy It Now 22h 54m
RHAPSODY OF FIRE 'Triumph Or Agony' 13 song power metal cd 2006 US $4.95 [0 bids]
D.O.A. ~Triumph of the Ignoroids~ Special censored Edition~ US $35.00 Buy It Now 1 day
WE CAME IN PEACE FOR ALL MANKIND, A RECORED HISTORY, TRIUMPH OF LUNAR LANDING LP US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
TRIUMPH-A World Of Fantasy/Too Much Thinking UK 7" Pic Disc EX Cond US $16.11 Buy It Now 1 day
TRIUMPH- SELF TITLED VINYL ALBUM US $3.21 Buy It Now 1 day
JACKSONS TRIUMPH FT CAN YOU FEEL IT WALK RIGHT NOW VINYL LP ALBUM EPIC 86112 US $6.44 Buy It Now 1 day
TRIUMPH PROGRESSIONS OF POWER LYRIC SHEET IN THE NIGHT/WOMAN IN LOVE EX VINYL LP US $13.71 Buy It Now 1 day
Triumph - Thunder Seven LP Vinyl record VG+ US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
triumph_MAGAZINE ARTICLE CUTTINGS CLIPPINGS ships from AUSTRALIA US $8.77 Buy It Now 1 day
TRIUMPH PROGRESSIONS OF POWER 1980 JAPAN CD OBI 1800yen US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Birtwistle: The Triumph Of Time; Gawains Journey CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
GOSPEL GREATS 10: SONGS OF TRIUMPH / VARIOUS NEW CD US $9.86 Buy It Now 1 day
TRIUMPH - LIVE AT SWEDEN ROCK FESTIVAL (+DVD) NEW CD US $22.45 Buy It Now 1 day
THE JACKSONS - DESTINY/TRIUMPH - NEW CD BOXSET US $12.29 Buy It Now 1 day
BIRTWISTLE / HOWARTH / PO / LONDON SINFONIETTA - TRIUMPH OF TIME / NEW CD US $20.29 Buy It Now 1 day
Triumph, Allied Forces. 180 Gram 33rpm Sealed Vinyl LP US $54.99 Buy It Now 1 day
VORAK - Triumph of the will CD Rare 1996 1.p DSTK US $12.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Record Album LP Triumph Allied Forces 1981. excellent condition. US $9.99 [0 bids]
Triumph [CD 1] [Single] [Maxi] [Audio CD] Wu Tang Clan US $5.84 Buy It Now 1 day
Triumph [CD 2] [Single] [Maxi] [Audio CD] Wu Tang Clan US $5.84 Buy It Now 1 day
TRIUMPH / PROGRESSIONS OF POWER / 1980 LP EX/EX US $8.05 Buy It Now 1 day
TRIUMPH / THUNDER SEVEN / 1984 USA LP WITH INNER SLEEVE US $8.05 Buy It Now 1 day
With Triumph Comes Loss by Cataract (CD, Sep-2004, Metal Blade) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Frog Eyes - Paul's Tomb: A Triumph: A Triumph - DOC019CD US $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Elgar Philharmonia/Howarth - Birtwistle: Triumph Of Time [CD New] US $13.60 Buy It Now 1 day
The Triumph Of Man/World's Fair 1964-65/Travelers Insurance Company/33 RPM US $3.99 [0 bids]
MANOWAR - THE TRIUMPH OF STEEL - ORG - 1992 ATLANTIC - 7 82423-2 - HEAVY METAL US $5.50 [4 bids]
Battlesword - Failing In Triumph [CD New] US $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy TRIUMPH music online Buy TRIUMPH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TRIUMPH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TRIUMPH Surveillance ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(14%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(33%)

TRIUMPH Surveillance reviews

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars Never say never

In my opinion this is easily Triumph's best album. It is a very well made album with well written songs and extremely well played instruments. It is also more consistent and varied than earlier Triumph albums. The most important factor for success here though is the departure from the blatant party rockers of earlier albums (apart from Rock You Down which is the worst song on this album).

The vocals are excellent too and remind of Steve Perry of Journey and in some songs the music does remind a bit of Journey but a bit more metal. There are more keyboards on this album than on earlier Triumph albums and sometimes they remind slightly of the keys on Marillion's excellent Seasons End album (released the same year). However, the keyboards are never allowed the leading role and there are no keyboard solos.

Steve Morse guests on the album and you can hear his signature guitar style on Headed For Nowhere. The main riff of this song has something of an Iron Maiden sound to it!

All The Kings Horses is beautiful mellow song that leads into the rocker Carry On The Flame and the melody of All The Kings Horses is repeated again towards the end of that song. Nothing groundbreaking here, but it is a very nice arrangement.

Towards the end of the album the quality of the songs decreases a bit and nothing on the second half is as good as the first half. The closing number Running In The Night reminds me of what Asia would do on their Aria album few years later.

One negative aspect of this album compared to previous ones is that there isn't the typical Rik Emmet acoustic instrumental here (like the very nice Midsummer Daydream from the Thunder Seven album, for example). There are two short instrumentals on this album, but these are only mood setters and are not interesting on their own.

Overall, I would compare the style of this album to Kansas' Power album (on which Steve Morse also played) as well as to some of the better Wishbone Ash albums on the 80's.

This is a good album that deserves three solid stars. Recommended!

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#178870) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Review by Chicapah
1 stars I realize that it may look like I have something against this band. Some kind of evil vendetta intended to soil their reputation. I assure you that I don't. I knew nothing specific about them until I stumbled across their group's name in the prog related list and remembered that I had some of their albums in my mp3 library. Part of me wishes I hadn't because I could've stayed blissfully ignorant of them but what's done is done. Being a lifelong musician/songwriter I take no joy in criticizing a band's output because I know all too well how difficult, frustrating and time-consuming the whole drawn out process getting from the germ of the initial musical idea to the final mastered product is. I also admire the fact that this trio stayed intact for so many years. You can't say they didn't give it a good run. However, as a reviewer it's my responsibility to call 'em as I see 'em and in some cases there will be blood. If you're a fan of this group I mean no disrespect to your taste but after listening to several of their records I'm convinced that their tie to progressive rock is negligible at best. I noticed that this particular disc, "Surveillance," is their highest rated offering on this site so I was quite ready to have my mind changed. It didn't happen. In fact, it only cemented my dislike of them.

"Prologue - Into the Forever" conjures up a palpable Pink Floyd atmosphere complete with David Gilmour-ish guitar licks from singer/guitarist Rik Emmett. Unfortunately, the downhill slide commences immediately afterward. "Never Say Never" is a useless chunk of glossy, Journey- styled hard rock that owns no originality whatsoever. It epitomizes the formulaic, vapid crap that abounded in the forgettable era that was the 80s. The aptly titled "Headed for Nowhere" is next and it features a guest appearance by Steve Morse. The hot guitar work he adds is nice but it's like smearing icing on top of a pasture patty. It was a good move to let the former Dixie Dregs virtuoso graciously try to give them a shot in the arm but his effort is wasted on an inferior tune. "All the King's Horses" follows and I must admit that the serene aura they provide is a welcome change from the same old same old but, alas, it's nothing more than a brief intro to "Carry On the Flame," a number that reminds me of some of Whitesnake's overproduced schlock but that's actually giving this band too much credit. All in all it's a poor imitation. "Let the Light (Shine on Me)" employs one of those synthesized symphonic fog backgrounds to open the track, teasing that it might turn into a proggy deal but it soon belies its true crassly commercial colors by going down an all-too-familiar road to mediocrity.

The second half of the album starts with "Long Time Gone." I guess they ran out of song titles and had to resort to stealing one from Crosby, Stills and Nash's debut LP. I apologize to my readers in advance for my repetitiveness but the fact is I'm getting low on derogatory adjectives to accurately describe something as pitifully pedestrian as this. The odd monks-in-a-monastery chant they toss in at the middle is so misplaced as to be hilarious. "Rock You Down" may be one of the worst rock & roll compositions I've ever heard. This "anthem" is presented with an astounding dearth of enthusiasm. I've heard more excitement at a chess tournament. I'll sum it up in one word: Barf. "Prelude - The Walking Dream" may be puny and anemic yet an audible expulsion of intestinal gas would sound decent in comparison to the previous track. This short instrumental interlude is a lot like the curtain raiser. "On and On" is frightfully predictable and the name conveys the sense of weariness that overcame me at this juncture. I half expected Bonnie Tyler to start singing the lead vocal on this one but I reckon that observation says volumes about the mindless demographic they were aiming to please. It occurs to me that maybe we should be thankful that pieces of feces like this flourished in that doomed decade so that brave artists like Peter Gabriel would stand out from the herd even more. "All Over Again" is a sappy, saccharine power ballad that shouldn't be listened to until your sushi dinner has fully digested else you'll be seeing it "all over again" in your lap. Ugh. They mercifully end the torture with "Running in the Night." The best thing about it is that it's the caboose on this nondescript train of empty muzak. It's awful.

Honest to God, I really did go into this one with an open mind, hoping it would turn out to be different (in a good way) from their other stuff. Once again, they disappointed. In their defense it must be noted that the airwaves were saturated with this slick brand of pop rock in 1987. So much so that it would often make a progger like me listen to talk radio to and from work to avoid being made to feel nauseated. Maybe sampling this trash will help future generations understand why the grunge movement was able to conquer the music world with such ease in the early 90s. The public was sick of this junk. "Surveillance" turned out to be the last go-round for Rik Emmett and it's just as well. Triumph was defeated. While their fellow Canadians in Rush retained their non- conformist attitude throughout their career and reaped the benefits of their tenacity by becoming one of the planet's most respected musical entities ever I have serious doubts as to whether these boys ever had a rebellious (much less progressive) gene in their collective DNA.

Send comments to Chicapah (BETA) | Report this review (#1134623) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, February 20, 2014

4 stars EXCELLENT! It is funny when you find an excellent album, from time to time, which has only a very few reviews. It seems that not much people knows it. This is the case of "Surveillance". A really great original music-lyrics work, with fantastic musicians and guest like Steve Morse. Rik Emmett is ... (read more)

Report this review (#75652) | Posted by | Thursday, April 20, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars While this is not the typical Triumph album, not many party rockers here, this does find the band venturing into more of a progressive-metal mode here. Weightier subject matter as well as layered instruments and vocals give this album a depth this reviewer did not find again until Dream Theater's ... (read more)

Report this review (#51170) | Posted by | Monday, October 10, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of TRIUMPH "Surveillance"