LOST AND SO STRANGE IS MY MIND

Psychedelic/Space Rock

The Carpet Knights Lost And So Strange Is My Mind album cover

Buy THE CARPET KNIGHTS Music
Studio Album, released in 2005

1. All be the same (3:05)
2. No space to spare (4:23)
3. Zonked (3:21)
4. The mist (4:47)
5. Fools and silent callers (4:58)
6. Sad soul (6:49)

- Tobias Wulff / guitars
- Magnus Nilsson / vocals, flute
- Joakim Jönsson / guitar, vocals
- Nils Andersson / bass guitar

CD Transubstans Records trans009 (2005)

THE CARPET KNIGHTS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE CARPET KNIGHTS Lost And So Strange Is My Mind Music

Lost & So Strange Is My MindLost & So Strange Is My Mind
Sound Pollution 2005
According to LifeAccording to Life
Sound Pollution 2014

More places to buy THE CARPET KNIGHTS music online Buy THE CARPET KNIGHTS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE CARPET KNIGHTS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE CARPET KNIGHTS Lost And So Strange Is My Mind ratings distribution

THE CARPET KNIGHTS Lost And So Strange Is My Mind reviews

4 stars THE CARPET KNIGHTS are a Psychedelic band from Sweden who have really impressed me with their sound on this their debut. Well crafted songs with excellent vocals, and the flute really adds to what they are trying to accomplish.This is modern sounding and mostly straight forward music that may not appeal to everyone.

"All Be The Same" opens with some fine flute melodies as those vocals come in with a steady beat.This is a fairly straight forward song but it makes me feel good. Lots of flute throughout. Guitar comes in just before the song ends with a raw solo. "No Space To Spare" opens with bass followed by angular guitars and flute. Vocals before a minute. Themes are repeated. Cool track. "Zonked" features some heavy slabs of bass early. Nice. Vocals join in. I like the vocal melodies after 3 minutes as it gets psychedelic on us. "The Mist" puts the focus on the vocals as we get a darker vibe on this one. It gets really intense 3 1/2 minutes in as we get some heaviness, followed by synths and a return of the vocals. "Fool's And Silent Callers" features some abrasive guitar and vocal melodies to open. It settles fairly quickly. This contrast continues. Flute before 4 minutes.

"Sad Soul" has a nice guitar melody as vocals come in. The ending is mesmerizing. "Feel It" has a more powerful sound to it. The title of this album is a line in this song.The guitar before 4 minutes has a real Post-Rock flavour to it as the sound builds to a climax. "Dab Nekan" has a good rhythm to it. Vocal melodies 1 1/2 minutes in and later before 3 minutes. Great sound. "Last Of Many" has a dark sound to it. Vocals come in fairly quickly and the tempo picks up before 1 1/2 minutes. Have to like the angular guitar 2 minutes in and later at 3 1/2 minutes. A dark mood sets in around 4 minutes followed by a blistering guitar solo as drums pound. It settles after 5 minutes as strummed guitar comes in with Fender Rhodes piano. Just a great section. Vocals are back before 7 1/2 minutes as guitar and piano continue. The song gets more sparse as it plays out.

I like it ! It has that Swedish flavour to it that I love, and it's really melodic.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#187456) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 31, 2008

5 stars Carpet Knights, was the discovery of the year for me! It came to me by my friend, who bought it by hasard, entering an old school vynil and CD shop. There was a copy of that band describing their own style as psychedelic, stoner and progressive. He tought to himself, well, if I never try to pick any ... (read more)

Report this review (#282706) | Posted by Ogilla | Wednesday, May 19, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Possibly my favorite album I heard this year. Nothing super complex here, basically a mix of old school psychedelic/space rock, folk, stoner and classic rock influences. A strong diet of hendrix, zeppelin, floyd, captain beyond, hawkwind, and probably some underground psych influences abound. ... (read more)

Report this review (#107538) | Posted by slowfire85 | Monday, January 15, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE CARPET KNIGHTS "Lost And So Strange Is My Mind"