ASTRAL PROJECTOR

Zon

Zon Astral Projector album cover

Buy ZON Music
Studio Album, released in 1978

1. Put on the Show (4:18)
2. Time for Your Love (3:15)
3. Point of View/Where to Spend My Dollars (8:02)
4. Man in the Mirror (5:24)
5. Talkin' About (3:08)
6. Melody (2:40)
7. On the Road (4:26)
8. Astral Projector (4:48)
9. Hollywood (4:18)

- Brian Miller / guitar, vocals
- Ken Hunt / drums
- Jim Sampson / bass

LP Escape Records

ZON MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ZON Astral Projector Music

Vinyl$20.00 (used)
Astral ProjectorAstral Projector
Epic
Vinyl$145.66
Back Down To Earth LP (Vinyl Album) Canadian Epic 1979Back Down To Earth LP (Vinyl Album) Canadian Epic 1979
Epic
Vinyl$12.51 (used)
Zon-O-Phone 267 Starlight J. W. Myers w/Orchestra Accompaniment 1 Side 78 RPM US $30.00 Buy It Now 2h 21m
Zon-O-Phone 575 Virginia Song Miss Ada Jones w/ Orchestra 1 Side 78 RPM Record US $30.00 Buy It Now 2h 21m
Zon Back Down to Earth DJ Promo LP Near Mint vinyl US $8.50 [0 bids]
ZON - ASTRAL PROJECTOR LP BLUE VINYL TORONTO GROUP CANADA 1978 EPIC PEC 90442 US $199.95 [0 bids]
(697N) Albert West, In De Zon - 1996 CD US $4.85 Buy It Now 12h 6m
ZON---BACK DOWN TO EARTH US $6.00 [0 bids]
78rpm Zon-O-Phone 5019, SIAMESE GUARD MOUNT, Zonophone Concert Band US $9.99 [0 bids]
78rpm Zon-O-Phone Concert Band 'Vienna Beauties' Zon-O-Phone Record 275 US $3.00 [0 bids]
Hager's Orchestra, Pipe of Peace, Zon-O-Phone 730 US $9.00 [0 bids]
(BE833) Jop, Jij Bent De Zon - 2000 CD US $4.46 Buy It Now 1 day
Ada Jones - ZON-O-PHONE 5450 - He Never Even Said Good-Bye US $35.00 Buy It Now 2 days
2-CD Zon - Astral Projector/BACK DOWN TO EARTH AOR POMPROCK / ESCAPE 2003 US $25.00 [0 bids]
ZON-O-PHON / ZONOPHON 1 SIDED 78 RECORD - NUMBER 293!! US $19.99 [0 bids]
Styx - Brave New World (AOR, Pomp, SPV 1999,Kansas,Thrills,Zon,Trillion, Everest US $5.66 [0 bids]
Ada Jones & Billy Murray - ZON-O-PHONE 5163 - Oh, You Coon & Rainbow US $50.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Ada Jones - ZON-O-PHONE 1073 - I Want to Be a Merry, Merry Widow US $25.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Ada Jones & Len Spencer - ZON-O-PHONE 5113 - Henry & Hilda at the Schuetzenfest US $20.00 Buy It Now 3 days
AMERICAN ZON-O-PHONE 78 RECORDS - 10" / 12" DISCOGRAPHY + ILLUSTRATED HISTORY US $55.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Naomi Daniel "Stars" (SEALED CASSETTE) 2inz00120 Planet E / I Ner Zon 1993 Print US $5.99 Buy It Now 5 days
ZANDER ZON - SATURN RETURN NEW CD US $26.78 Buy It Now 5 days
Zander Zon - Saturn Return [CD New] US $19.29 Buy It Now 5 days
ZON: Astral Projector LP (Canada, blue vinyl, some back cover damage) Rock US $25.00 Buy It Now 5 days
TONI ARDEN ~ Why, Why, Why (Zon Zon Zon) / Just For Once - 7" PROMO Single US $2.99 [0 bids]
DIVINE WORKS ancient person of my heart 12" 4 trk featuring balearic mix,raf zon US $8.09 Buy It Now 5 days
Sevinth Regiment Band - Mexican Waltzes on Zon-O-Phone Records 376 78RPM 10" US $14.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Prime Time - The Unknown (AOR, MHR, Rising Sun 1998, Zon, Narita, Royal Hunt) US $6.89 [0 bids]
Dismantled LOT Of 4 Albums, stickers & Gary Zon Auto Poster (Wumpscut FLA) US $14.99 [0 bids]
Ada Jones & Billy Murray - ZON-O-PHONE 5397 - In Monkey Land US $20.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Ada Jones & Len Spencer - ZON-O-PHONE 5109 - Jimmie and Maggie in Nickel Land US $25.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Zon-O-Phone 520 Male Quartette Nearer My God To Thee 78 RPM US $2.99 Buy It Now 8 days
WILLEKE ALBERTI "WAAR IS DE ZON" US $6.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Sonorous by Zander Zon (CD, Feb-2010, CD Baby (distributor)) US $12.07 Buy It Now 8 days
Zon-o-Phone Concert Band 78 Zone-o-Phone 971 The Merry Widow Rare Label 1-Sided US $20.00 Buy It Now 8 days
(BH92) Kees Versluys, Als Ik De Zon Weer Zie - CD US $4.46 Buy It Now 8 days
(BC974) Henk Westbroek, De Zon - 2000 CD US $4.46 Buy It Now 8 days
ZON: Astral Projector LP (Canada, original orange label, gatefold cover, inner US $30.00 Buy It Now 9 days
@ 2-CD Zon - Astral Projector RARE AOR POMPROCK / ESCAPE MUSIC 2003 US $39.99 Buy It Now 9 days
GEORGE DALARAS Ta Tragoudia Mou Zon.orfea 2 x CD NEW US $39.85 Buy It Now 9 days
Miss Jones - ZON-A-PHONE 545 - My Little Dutch Colleen US $20.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Zon Zander - Saturn Return CD Pop New Age Meditation US $22.86 Buy It Now 10 days
ZON original promo 1978 canada 7" 45 MELODY mono / stereo demo US $6.99 Buy It Now 11 days
ZON original 1979 canada 7" 45 GODS AND KINGS / TAKE IT FROM ME prog aor NM US $6.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Zander Zon-Sonorous CD NEW US $16.22 Buy It Now 11 days
Twilight Zon The Movie Original Recording Record Vinyl Album 1983 Sci Fi US $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
HEIN SIMONS - ICH GEH' DURCH DIESE STADT / DE WERELD IS VOL ZON US $5.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Wish You Were Hear Jem Records Promo XTC 999 Goblin Zon Far East Family LP US $24.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Zon Back Down to Earth Mint and Factory Sealed LP Prog Rock US $15.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Marvin, Welch & Farrar(Vinyl LP Gatefold)-UK-SRZA.8502-Regal Zon US $30.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Zon: Astral Projector ~ Gatefold LP Record Album ~ 1978 Epic Vinyl ~ PEC 90442 US $17.99 Buy It Now 14 days
ZON 6 SOM EN TIGER VERY RARE SWEDISH NEW WAVE PS 7" 1983 US $97.49 Buy It Now 15 days
ZON astral projector LP BLUE Record 1978 RARE US $24.98 Buy It Now 15 days
JACKY NOGUEZ Ciao, Ciao Bambina / Zon, Zon, Zon 45 US $8.98 Buy It Now 15 days
RARE GEORGE FORMBY 78 BUNTY'S A BIG GIRL NOW/ON THE HMS COWHEAL REG-ZON MR3710 E US $22.70 Buy It Now 15 days
ASSYNE call it a day 7" b/w ask me no question (zon02a) uk zone to zone US $8.09 Buy It Now 15 days
ASSYNE call it a day 7" b/w ask me no question(zon02) small chip to outer rim of US $8.09 Buy It Now 15 days
ASSYNE call it a day 7" b/w ask me no question(zon02) uk zone to zone US $8.09 Buy It Now 15 days
BILLY PILGRIM they are coming to get us 7" b/w don't touch that dial (zon04) uk US $8.09 Buy It Now 16 days
(AH809) Superdiesel, Ticket Naar De Zon - CD US $4.85 Buy It Now 16 days
(CD) Holiday Rmblings: Songs of The Season By ZON Artists - V/A / 13 Trk US $12.99 Buy It Now 17 days
YAGA Y MACKIE - VOLTIO ,LUNNY TUNES,ZON Y LENNOX,NORIEGA,EKKO - CD US $13.99 Buy It Now 17 days
BYRON G HARLAN Wait til the Sun Shines Nellie 1903 ZON-O-PHONE 269 pre-war 78 US $28.00 Buy It Now 18 days
DENNIE CHRISTIAN - ALS DE ZON / JIJ BENT DE VROUW US $5.99 Buy It Now 18 days
Saturn Return - Zon,Zander New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $27.29 Buy It Now 18 days
MARTYN SNAPES hard luck story 7" b/w across the divide (rz2)pic slv uk regal zon US $8.09 Buy It Now 19 days
ZON back down to earth LP 10 track with inner small deletion hole in the sleeve US $8.16 Buy It Now 19 days
Q.B. SMITH revive the jive/good times 7" (zon09) uk zone to zone 1984 US $8.09 Buy It Now 19 days
78rpm BIRRELL O`MALLEY to a miniature / waiata poi [ maori poi song ] ZON 6194 US $40.54 Buy It Now 19 days
De Zon, by Leuvens Universitair Koor (Leuvens University Choir) US $1.99 Buy It Now 21 days
RARE ZON BACK DOWN TO EARTH PROMO LP ORIGINAL RELEASE US $4.99 Buy It Now 21 days
ZANDER ZON - SONOROUS NEW CD US $21.59 Buy It Now 21 days
Zander Zon - Sonorous [CD New] US $15.03 Buy It Now 22 days
? Zon - Back Down to Earth (Epic) (Denton Young) PL PS US $14.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Brass Quartette -- ZON-O-PHONE 15 -- The Tear US $20.00 Buy It Now 22 days
Zon Zander - Sonorous CD Pop New Age Meditation US $18.56 Buy It Now 22 days
78 RPM RARE 100 YEAR OLD 9in ZON-O-PHONE (NATIONAL GRAM-O-PHONE CORP) MUST SEE US $38.78 Buy It Now 23 days
78 RPM RARE 100 YEAR OLD 7in ZON-O-PHONE (NATIONAL GRAM-O-PHONE CORP)#2 MUST SEE US $38.78 Buy It Now 23 days
ZON [12" Special Edition] 79 NM+/NM+/VG+ Play Graded US $12.99 Buy It Now 24 days
ZON : Astral Projector Vinyl VG+ LP Record US $19.99 Buy It Now 25 days
Zon-Back Down To Earth-LP-Epic-JE 36022-Promo-VG+ US $3.59 Buy It Now 25 days
(AE219) Skik, Dankjewel Voor De Zon - 2002 CD US $4.85 Buy It Now 25 days
78 rpm, Alice Stevenson, Sweetheart, Zon-O-Phone, 1908, V+ US $4.99 Buy It Now 26 days
Herman Finkers : Zon Gaat Zinloos Onder,.. CD US $2.85 Buy It Now 26 days
Zon Import Canada Prog Rock LP 1979 US $12.00 Buy It Now 26 days
ZON: Back Down To Earth (rock & pop vinyl LP) few lite sleevemarks on disc US $12.00 Buy It Now 26 days
(AE345) Johan Henser & Corry Konings, De Zon - 2000 CD US $4.85 Buy It Now 26 days
J.F. Harrison - ZON-O-PHONE 6130 - I've a Longing for My Old Kentucky Home US $25.00 Buy It Now 26 days
ZON-O-PHONE 99, HARLON," LITTLE BOY CALLED TAPS" 78RPM US $24.99 Buy It Now 26 days
ZON-O-PHONE 262" JASPER DON'T YOU HEAR ME CALLING 78RPM US $24.99 Buy It Now 26 days
ZON-O-PHONE #17 JAMES REED IM WEARING MY HEART AWAY 4 U US $24.99 Buy It Now 26 days
M GUILLEIR BARBIER DE SEVILLE solo de piston ZON -O-PHONE N° X -2067 1890s US $39.00 Buy It Now 27 days
Zon-o-phone Concert band Overture semirmide (one side) 1903 EX US $39.00 Buy It Now 27 days
DISMANTLED Exit [MaxiCD] NEW CD GARY ZON Brendan McCullough AFI James Kurczodyna US $8.99 Buy It Now 27 days
ALICE C. STEVENSON - zon o phone 5469 - 78 - US $6.00 Buy It Now 28 days
FRANK STANLEY & ALICE STEVENSON - zon o phone 5510 -78 US $6.00 Buy It Now 28 days
OUPERTURE ZAMPA ZON -O-PHONE N° X -1693 1890s US $49.90 Buy It Now 28 days
Damme, Ellen Ten Het Regende Zon-Digi/Ltd- CD US $13.38 Buy It Now 28 days
Sonorous - Zon,Zander New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $22.74 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy ZON music online Buy ZON & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ZON DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ZON Astral Projector ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(15%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(23%)

ZON Astral Projector reviews

Review by loserboy
4 stars ZON were a 70's Canadian band who started out life with strong progressive rock leanings. "Astral Projector" is a wonderful album somewhere in the SAGA / STYX vein with powerful instrumentation and highly listenable song writing. ZON were a 5 piece band with the centre piece of the band lying in the theatrical vocals of lead singer (Denton Young) and the winding keyboard runs of Howard Helm. One of the trademarks of ZON were the vocal harmonies of Young, Helm and Brian Miller (guitars) who manage to cover the entire album with great energy.

Send comments to loserboy (BETA) | Report this review (#49591) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, September 30, 2005

Review by Tony R
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
1 stars I recently rescued this album from the attic and gave it a spin on my turntable for probably the first time in 25 years or so.I first became aware of Zon through Sounds a then prominent Uk Music Paper,who were fortunate to have among their editorial team a certain Geoff Barton.Geoff really helped to break the likes of Rush and to a lesser extent Max Webster in the UK and I remember him doing a feature on Canadian bands in the late 70's.Rush,Max Webster,April Wine who I was already familiar with were mentioned but I got drawn towards Zon because of the image of their striking album cover for Astral Projector.I managed to acquire it on import in an electric blue vinyl which made it difficult to select individual tracks,which turned out to be a blessing in disguise!

So my feelings now are much as they were then-there is a whole load of nothing going on here! "Hollywood" is the only track here that can hold my attention for longer than a couple of minutes.It has an interesting synth and guitar break as its set-piece and a theatrical vocal and that's it for the best track.

Trust me when I say that this album and indeed its dreadful follow up "Back Down To Earth" should never be allowed to trouble your ears.Take the worst of Styx and mix it with the worst of,well any late 70's AOR band and you get the picture.This may be Prog-Related but it is neither progressive nor rocky! They may need to be here for the purposes of the completionists but they really neednt be heard by Prog fans....

A massive thumbs down from me.

Send comments to Tony R (BETA) | Report this review (#49598) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, September 30, 2005

5 stars im sittin here crankin MAN IN THE MIRROR brings back memories, this came out in the days of early MAX WEBSTER, GODDO, TRIUMPH etc, this album rocks, if your born post 1970, stop reading now!! i first saw this band at my high school THE WOODLANDS knew every word and rocked with denton young.... ... (read more)

Report this review (#101183) | Posted by moondog | Thursday, November 30, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars This is a Canadian band I think from Toronto and if you want to try them I recommand ASTRAL PROJECTOR dont even try (BACK DOWN TO EARTH and I'M WORRIED ABOUT THE BOYS) because they are «TRASH«. You could say they are a mix between Styx, Saga and Deep Purple. Hard rock with a touch of prog or comm ... (read more)

Report this review (#70209) | Posted by pots | Wednesday, February 22, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars A friend of mine taped me a copy of this album on a blank cassette and the quality was preety hissy and poor, he taped me a copy saying if you like "PROG" you will like this, so I said "OK I will give a listen" I played the whole album and was very dissapointed not just of the tape copy I had ... (read more)

Report this review (#67860) | Posted by | Wednesday, February 01, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ZON "Astral Projector"