II

Liquid Scarlet

Liquid Scarlet II album cover

Buy LIQUID SCARLET Music
Studio Album, released in 2005

1. Lines Are Drawn Again (5:14)
2. The Carafe [part II] (10:07)
3. The Marriage Of Maria Braun (4:33)
4. Rhododendron (9:30)
5. Everywhere (4:05)
6. Just Like You (4:19)
7. Killer Couple Strikes Again (3:51)
8. There's Got To Be A Way To Leave (4:26)
9. The Thorn In Your Flesh (3:56)
10. Lines (7:09)

Search LIQUID SCARLET II lyrics

Search LIQUID SCARLET II tabs

- Olov Andersson / guitars, clarinet
- Johan Lundström / drums, vocals, keyboards
- Markus Fagervall / lead vocals, guitar
- Joel Lindberg / bass
- Olle Sjögren / keyboards

CD Progress Records PRCD 016 (2005)

and to ProgLucky for the last updates

LIQUID SCARLET MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy LIQUID SCARLET II Music

More places to buy LIQUID SCARLET music online Buy LIQUID SCARLET & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for LIQUID SCARLET DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

LIQUID SCARLET II ratings distribution

LIQUID SCARLET II reviews

Review by erik neuteboom
3 stars Here is the new, second album from the promissing Swedish band Liquid Scarlet.

1. Lines are drawn ones more (5.14) : First mellow piano play and soft vocals, then gradually a more lush and bombastic sound, very compelling!

2. The carafe (part II) (10.07): This song starts with echoes from early King Crimson featuring fiery electric guitar and pleasant violin-Mellotron waves. The raw and expressive vocals reminds me of Syd Barrett solo, very moving. After some jazzy piano, the final part contains eruptions with duo vocals and great Mellotron.

3. The marriage of Maria Brown (4.33) : The violin and cello evoke a classical undertone. The slow rhythm and dreamy climate turns into more and more bombastic featuring vocal harmonies and fluent piano work, again very compelling.

4. Rhododendron (9.30) : First dreamy with vocals and accordeon, then a mid-tempo delivering a bombastic atmosphere and fiery, Fripperian guitarplay. The final part has a sensational synthesizer solo.

5. Everywhere (4.05) : This songs features fiery electric guitar and a slow rhythm, tastefully blended with vibraphone and piano.

6. Just like you (4.19 : A strong classical undertone, again due to the presence of violin and cello. The vocals sound melancholical.

7. Killer couple strikes again (3.51) : A mid-tempo with propulsive guitar riffs, expressive vocals and a slow synthesizer solo.

8. There's got to be a way to leave (4.26) : Another dreamy song that contains accordeon, violin and cello, the atmosphere is very melancholical.

9. The thorn in your flesh (3.56) : This is straight rock with fiery, R&R inspired guitar, sparkling piano and powerful vocals. The final part delivers a bombastic climate with majestic choir-Mellotron, this is my prog!

10. Lines (7.09) : This one is in the vein of Anekdoten featuring first tender piano and vocals, then a slow rhythm with fine vocals and piano and finally a dynamic sound with lush violin- Mellotron.

I'm impressed by this new album from Liquid Scarlet. During my first session I had some doubts but gradually the music grows, this is simly a wonderful progrock CD!

Send comments to erik neuteboom (BETA) | Report this review (#51339) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, October 12, 2005

3 stars I tip my hat to these guys for doing things their way.

The first track is a mellow vocal led tune before we get into the aggressive "Carafe (part II)" where we have angular guitars and mellotron and i'm cheering ! This is fantastic ! But as I said they do it their way. So in this song they change directions to a more jazzy sound part way through with rough vocals that I don't like at all. "The Marriage Of Maria Braun" is another laid back tune with the focus on the vocals. "Rhododendron" has it's moments. I like the guitar that comes in at 2 1/2 minutes joined by chunky bass. The contrast between mellow and heavy continue. Good tune.

I feel like i'm being teased again on the song "Everywhere" with the fiery, angular, ANEKDOTEN style guitars that ends too quickly as it turns wimpy in a hurry. "Just Like You" is another mellow tune i'm not a fan of. "Killer Couple Strikes Again" is a catchy, commercial sounding song. "There's Got To Be A Way to Leave" is another laid back, commercial song. Yikes ! "The Thorn In Your Flesh" may be my favourite song. I really like the instrumental parts (and of course the mellotron). "Lines" is again another slow moving tune, but the mellotron is great 5 minutes in.

I think this is a pretty good release but I can't get past the vocals and the mellow tunes.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#89683) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 14, 2006

Post a review of LIQUID SCARLET "II"