LA BIBLIA

Various Artists (Concept albums & Themed compilations)

Various Genres

2. Genesis (3:11)
3. Moises (7:48)
4. Guerras (7:36)
5. Profecias (3:02)
6. Libros Sapienciales (6:53)
7. Cristo (9:06)
8. Apocalipsis (5:10)

Search VARIOUS ARTISTS (CONCEPT ALBUMS & THEMED COMPILATIONS) La Biblia lyrics

Search VARIOUS ARTISTS (CONCEPT ALBUMS & THEMED COMPILATIONS) La Biblia tabs

- Billy Bond / vocals (3, 4, 5, 7), devices, organ, percussion
- Alejandro Medina / vocals (4), bass guitar (5)
- Claudio Gabis / guitar, harmonica
- Charly García / keyboards, vocals (3)
- Nito Mestre / vocals (3)
- Rinaldo Rafanelli / bass guitar (6), vocals (5, 6)
- Juan Rodriguez / drums (3, 4, 5, 7, 8)
- Kubero Diaz / guitars
- Miguel Cantilo / guitars
- Fernando Berge / vocals (6)
- Carlos Goler / drums (3), vocals (6)
- Claudio Martinez / vocals (6), synthesizers
- Osvaldo Favrot / bass guitar (3), guitar (3, 6), vocals (6)
- Oscar Moro / drums (5)
- Jorge Pinchevsky / violin
- David Lebon / guitar (5), bass guitar (3, 4, 7, 8), vocals (2, 3, 5)
- Carlos Cutaia / piano (1, 5)
- Gustavo Beytelman / piano (1)
- Raul Porchetto / vocals (7)
- Poli Martinez / guitar

LP Microfón (1974) / Talent (1985)
CD Music Hall / Sicamericana (1990)
CD Sony / Columbia (1997)

Thanks to Oberon for the addition
and to Oberon for the last updates

VARIOUS ARTISTS (CONCEPT ALBUMS & THEMED COMPILATIONS) MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy VARIOUS ARTISTS (CONCEPT ALBUMS & THEMED COMPILATIONS) La Biblia Music

More places to buy VARIOUS ARTISTS (CONCEPT ALBUMS & THEMED COMPILATIONS) music online Buy VARIOUS ARTISTS (CONCEPT ALBUMS & THEMED COMPILATIONS) & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for VARIOUS ARTISTS (CONCEPT ALBUMS & THEMED COMPILATIONS) DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

VARIOUS ARTISTS (CONCEPT ALBUMS & THEMED COMPILATIONS) La Biblia ratings distribution

VARIOUS ARTISTS (CONCEPT ALBUMS & THEMED COMPILATIONS) La Biblia reviews

Review by Zitro
4 stars An Argentinian masterwork that blew away latin american's music. This is a concept album about ... the Holy Bible!? It was revolutionary because it was done in 1971. In the 90s, the band reunited and did a remake with good results (similar to Oldfield and his Tubular Bells II). However, The vocals were not as good as in the original version. I'll talk about the original version.

The album begins in a mellow tone with sliding riffs until the song picks up its pace and ends in a magnificent instrumental section. The next two songs are of high quality too. Moises is a nice melodic piece with a synth driven conclusion and Guerras is a track that is focused primarily on instrumentation and excellent rhythms. There is also another good long track and a short acoustic number. The REAL highlight is actually Cristo. It is an epic that will delight fans of symphonic rock (long, complex, has an orchestra) and has good lyrics. Apocalypsis is a disturbing chaotic mess that works. In the re-make, there are two other bonus songs that are good enough to not be low points in this great album.

2. Genesis (9/10) 3. Moises (8/10) 4. Guerras (8/10) 5. Profecias (7.5/10) 6. Libros Sapienciales (8.5/10) 7. Cristo (9.5/10) 8. Apocalipsis (7/10) 9. El Manto de Elias I (8/10) 10. El Manto de Elias II (7/10)

My Rating (Original): B+ My Rating:(Remake): B

Preachy and sung in Spanish ... who cares?? This is one of the best prog albums from Argentina!

Send comments to Zitro (BETA) | Report this review (#57473) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Review by crimson87
5 stars La Biblia by Vox Dei is one of the milestones of Argentinean rock music of all times. This is only comparable to the impact records like The Dark Side of the Moon , Tommy or Sgt Pepper had on global music. This has influenced loads of musicians from my country and 40 years after it's release it's still highly revered.

For non Argentinean users of Progarchives , you must take into account that "La Biblia" has several version. I will describe the original studio version released in 1971 and NOT the one posted here which includes an orchestra.

This record has a very psychedelic atmpsphere and features almost no keyboards using a wide range of styles : heavy rock , blues and even orchestras on the epic "Cristo". The lyrics on this record are plain awesome , describing some of the bible most remembered moments: Genesis and the beggining of time , The birth of Moses and how he was found on the Nile , The last supper , The death of Jesus etc... Really incredible and moving compositions

On the starter , "Genesis" we have great vocals from Ricardo Soule and one of the most incredible outros I have ever heard. "Moises" has a very psichedelic feel , almost resembling Nektar or early Can works for you to have an idea. "Las Guerras" is the longest and heaviest song of the album: clocking at 13 minutes is a blues rock epic.

Profesias is a slow tune featuring an orchestra in the back and really good guitar work , then develops into a melodic ballad in the middle of the song. "Libros Sapienciales" is a prelude to the birth of Christ with really moving lyrics. "Cristo" is a 14 minute epic divided in two parts: The first part includes an orchestra and the second one is a blues rock epic highlighting a long harp and guitar interlude.

The record closes with "Apocalipsis" which is a chaotic instrumental

I recommend this record to all Latin American prog fans , specifically those that have a good understanding of Spanish and the Bible to appreciate the strongest point of the album that being the lyrics and vocals.

A masterpiece of prog and a milestone of Argentinean Rock music.

Send comments to crimson87 (BETA) | Report this review (#555073) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, October 22, 2011

Review by GruvanDahlman
4 stars (I am not reviewing the 1974 version of the album, but the original from 1971.)

I find it odd that Vox Dei is not included in Progarchives, especially since their album La biblia is a marvellous concept album. Though I've been familiar with it for a long time I really didn't listen until a few months ago. Some albums come creeping up on you when you least expect it. Anyway, I don't speak spanish. Having read latin in school and being interested in languages in general I do understand certain words but not all of the lyrics. But that's not really all that important. The important thing is the way the music speaks to me. It hits me right in the chest and fills my body with joy. The music is very proto-proggish, sometimes with strong influences of blues. Theres a roughness about the whole thing, a ragged, furious feel. I am not all that knowledgeable about south american prog but this has to be one of the diamonds from that area. It grooves on very nicely and is ended with the apocalyptic Appocalipsis. I find the first song, aptly titled Genesis, to be on of the highlights with strong, emotional vocals and really, the album doesn't let up after that. Do give it a few spins. I think you'll thank me afterwards.

Send comments to GruvanDahlman (BETA) | Report this review (#879314) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, December 20, 2012

5 stars This is not the original version released in the 71', the original is very symphonic. The cualiti of the sound is not good, but it worths a try. The voices are very melodic, in this album Vox Dei are four members. This album it's not the only progressive album of the band, another album is "Estamo ... (read more)

Report this review (#130217) | Posted by aqualung71 | Wednesday, July 25, 2007 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Well, this is my favorite album from Argentina, but there is a better version from de bad Vox Dei, the original version, that was made in 1971. This is an excelent concept album about the Holy Biblie, the lyrics are excelent, doing an description of the most known parts of the bible. Starting wi ... (read more)

Report this review (#79906) | Posted by Invisible | Wednesday, May 31, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of VARIOUS ARTISTS (CONCEPT ALBUMS & THEMED COMPILATIONS) "La Biblia"