4NYC

Buy JORDAN RUDESS Music
Studio Album, released in 2001

1. My Thoughts * (2:10)
2. If I Could (7:07)
3. A Step Beyond * (4:12)
4. Outcast (4:24)
5. Lamb Chops * (2:39)
6. Within (5:32)
7. One Voice * (3:48)
8. Real Time * (3:23)
9. Mourning After (6:05)
10. Darkness To Day * (5:32)
11. Speed As Light * (3:34)
12. On My World (5:56)
13. For You (5:45)

Total time: 60:31
* performed at the Helen Hayes Performing Arts Center, Nyack, New York, September 24, 2001. All others are studio recordings.

Search JORDAN RUDESS 4NYC lyrics

Search JORDAN RUDESS 4NYC tabs

- Jordan Rudess / keyboards

CD Magna Carta 9112 (2001)

and to ProgLucky for the last updates

JORDAN RUDESS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy JORDAN RUDESS 4NYC Music

4nyc4nyc
Magna Carta 2002

More places to buy JORDAN RUDESS music online Buy JORDAN RUDESS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for JORDAN RUDESS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

JORDAN RUDESS 4NYC ratings distribution

JORDAN RUDESS 4NYC reviews

Review by Gatot
2 stars I have only known Jordan after he joined Dream Theater at "Scene From a Memory" album. Through that I album I then admire how fantastic his keyboard work is. With his acrobatic and pulsating keyboard work throughout songs like "Fatal Tragedy" or "Home" I could conclude that he is truly a virtuoso. It made me very happy because there was a successor of Rick Wakeman (Yes) in prog world. So, I always compare Jordan's work against Rick Wakeman.

When I got this solo album by Jordan Rudess, I finally compared it with the solo work of Rick Wakeman especially with the kind of "The Six Wives of Henry VIII". But when I spun this album for the first time, I found that the music was basically a live solo using piano. So I clicked to the album by Rick Wakeman (Piano Live) couple of years ago. So then I compare this "4NYC" with Rick Wakeman "The Piano Album - Live" which I have already reviewed at this site with four stars (excellent) rating.

This album does not demonstrate any virtuosity of Jordan in playing piano to the fullest. I know that he can perform better and he has proved it through his contribution to Dream Theater album since "Scenes From a Memory". But as far as this album concern, everything turns into mellow and in some cases make me bored because I lost my patience. There is no acrobatic work with respect to his virtuosity. It sounds like a classical piano music presented here. It's far away from my expectation, especially when it's compared with Rick Wakeman "The Piano Album - Live".

Overall, this album is suitable for collectors / fans only.

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#132882) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 12, 2007

4 stars Jordan on Improv. A very decent, and not easily found, disk. Rather understated, but yet very personal, the tracks recorded at the Helen Hayes Performing Arts Center were laid down only 13 days after the September 11th attacks. There is a undelying sense of woundedness and what it seems Jordan ha ... (read more)

Report this review (#89743) | Posted by macpurity1 | Friday, September 15, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This amazing CD uncovers more Jordan's improvisation, and passion. This CD was recorded partially live. Moreover, this concert was entirely improvised, and has held to raise money for the deplorable occurance on september 11, 2001. Aparantely Jordan and his wife Danielle, put together a sma ... (read more)

Report this review (#66975) | Posted by | Thursday, January 26, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of JORDAN RUDESS "4NYC"