GREATEST HITS II

Queen Greatest Hits II album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy QUEEN Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1991

1. A Kind Of Magic (4.23)
2. Under Pressure (3.57)
3. Radio Ga Ga (5.43)
4. I Want It All (4.02)
5. I Want To Break Free (4.19)
6. Innuendo (6.28)
7. It's A Hard Life (4.10)
8. Breakthru (4.09)
9. Who Wants To live Forever (4.57)
10. Headlong (4.33)
11. The Miracle (4.55)
12. I'm Going Slightly Mad (4.08)
13. The Invisiable Man (3.59)
14. Hammer To Fall (3.41)
15. Friends Will Be Friends (4.09)
16. The Show Must Go On (4.24)
17. One Vision (4.03)

Search QUEEN Greatest Hits II lyrics

Search QUEEN Greatest Hits II tabs

- Freddie Mercury / vocals
- Brian May / guitars
- John Deacon / bass
- Roger Taylor / drums

CD Parlophone CDP7979712 (1991)

Thanks to PROGMAN for the addition

QUEEN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy QUEEN Greatest Hits II Music

Greatest Hits I, II & III - The Platinum Collection (3CD)Greatest Hits I, II & III - The Platinum Collection (3CD)
Box set
Hollywood Records 2002
Queen: Greatest Hits I & IIQueen: Greatest Hits I & II
Hollywood Records 1995
Greatest Hits IIGreatest Hits II
Hollywood Records 2011
Greatest Hits 2Greatest Hits 2
Universal Japan 2013
Greatest Hits Ii (f)Greatest Hits Ii (f)
POL
Greatest Hits 2Greatest Hits 2
Imports 2011
Greatest Hits 2 by ImportsGreatest Hits 2 by Imports
Imports
Greatest Hits 2 by Queen (2011-01-25?Greatest Hits 2 by Queen (2011-01-25?
Imports
Greatest Hits 2 by Universal Japan (2013-03-06)Greatest Hits 2 by Universal Japan (2013-03-06)
Universal Japan (2013-03-06)
Greatest Hits I & II By Queen (1996-11-11)Greatest Hits I & II By Queen (1996-11-11)
Parlophone
Queen-Greatest Hits II CD NEW USD $32.24 Buy It Now 1h 48m
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II - CD - NEW USD $14.16 Buy It Now 11h 51m
QUEEN: GREATEST HITS II 2 TWO REMASTERED CD THE VERY BEST OF / NEW USD $17.28 Buy It Now 16h
Queen - Greatest Hits I II & III - Platinum Collection (3CD 2011) NEW/SEALED USD $28.86 Buy It Now 18h 57m
QUEEN**GREATEST HITS I & II**2 CD SET USD $18.95 Buy It Now 21h 42m
Queen - Greatest Hits II CD album USD $7.23 Buy It Now 22h 29m
Queen,Greatest Hits II,Original pressing,Parlophone record label,Double album,LP USD $57.81 [0 bids]
Queen Platinum Collection Greatest Hits I II III 3CD RARE Japan Bonus Track NEW USD $56.37 Buy It Now 1 day
QUEEN - Greatest Hits II KOREA Promo EX 2 LP SET W/Insert USD $100.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Queen - Greatest Hits I & Ii [CD New] USD $16.74 Buy It Now 1 day
Queen Greatest Hits II (1991) CD Excellent Condition USD $11.55 Buy It Now 1 day
Queen: Greatest Hits I & II USD $31.66 Buy It Now 1 day
Queen - The Platinum Collection - Greatest Hits I/II/III (2011) 3CD NEW/SEALED USD $25.95 Buy It Now 1 day
QUEEN - THE BEST 1 & 2 (GREATEST HITS I & II) MEGA RARE FRENCH ONLY CD SET USD $28.90 Buy It Now 1 day
QUEEN CD - GREATEST HITS II - WITH INLAY BOOKLET - SILLY CHEAP! USD $7.21 Buy It Now 2 days
Queen Greatest Hits II 17 Trk CD Compilation USD $7.21 Buy It Now 2 days
Queen /Greatest Hits I II & III The Platinum Collection 2011 REMASTERED 3 CD NEW USD $39.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II (2011) Digital Remaster CD USD $2.88 [0 bids]
Queen Cd album - Greatest Hits II / 2 ,17 tracks USD $8.49 Buy It Now 2 days
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II - JAPAN SACD SHM - Factory Sealed CD - UIGY-9533 USD $53.81 Buy It Now 3 days
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II - JAPAN JEWEL CASE SHM - UICY-15002 USD $41.44 Buy It Now 3 days
Greatest Hits II [Audio CD] Queen USD $13.21 Buy It Now 3 days
QUEEN Platinum Collection: Greatest Hits I, II & III Box set CD 1 2 3 New Sealed USD $26.01 Buy It Now 3 days
QUEEN GREATEST HITS II VOL 2 SEALED CD REMASTER 2011 USD $5.90 Buy It Now 4 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II NEW CD USD $15.69 Buy It Now 4 days
QUEEN - Greatest Hits II (CD 1993) USD $5.78 Buy It Now 4 days
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II - 2 CD's Digipack USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Greatest Hits I & Ii - Queen (CD Used Very Good) Incl. 40 PG. Booklet USD $14.74 Buy It Now 4 days
QUEEN 'GREATEST HITS II' ALBUM CASSETTE USD $1.43 [0 bids]
QUEEN_Greatest Hits II_used CD_ships from AUSTRALIA_A4 USD $7.08 Buy It Now 4 days
QUEEN Greatest Hits Ii CD 17 Track Album, Cdp 79 7971 2 USD $10.11 Buy It Now 4 days
Queen CD album (CDLP) Greatest Hits II UK CDP7979712 PARLOPHONE 1991 USD $18.06 Buy It Now 4 days
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II (2011 REMASTER) NEW CD USD $12.80 Buy It Now 4 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II (2011 Remaster) CD USD $11.84 Buy It Now 5 days
QUEEN Greatest Hits II Japan CD NEW SEALED USD $34.99 Buy It Now 5 days
QUEEN - Greatest Hits II CD JAPAN TOCP-8314 OBI 1994 USD $34.65 Buy It Now 5 days
QUEEN - Greatest Hits II CD JAPAN TOCP-65862 OBI 2001 USD $34.65 Buy It Now 5 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II (in Greatest Hits Case) 17 Song CD Freddie Mercury USD $0.01 [1 bids]
QUEEN - Greatest Hits II CD JAPAN TOCP-53462 OBI 2005 USD $72.04 Buy It Now 5 days
QUEEN-GREATEST HITS II-NEW CD ALBUM USD $17.33 Buy It Now 5 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II (CD 2011) NEW USD $12.92 Buy It Now 6 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II (2011) USD $1.43 [0 bids]
4 TAPES! QUEEN - THE MIRACLE, THE WORKS, COLLECTION 1986-91, GREATEST HITS II USD $12.00 Buy It Now 6 days
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II -RARE 2 LP 1991 ORIGINAL GREEK FIRST PRESS VINYL OOP USD $29.99 [0 bids]
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II SONGBOOK - PIANO/VOCAL/GUITAR SHEET MUSIC BOOK USD $28.29 Buy It Now 6 days
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II LONG PLAY CD - IMPORT EMI-CD USD $0.99 [0 bids]
QUEEN - Greatest Hits II Volume 2 CD - 17 great tracks USD $4.89 Buy It Now 6 days
Greatest Hits I II & III 0602527724171 by Queen, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H USD $39.15 Buy It Now 6 days
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II 17tracks, 1994 TOSHIBA-EMI JAPAN CD W/OBI TOCP-8314 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Queen Greatest Hits II Japan CD w/obi TOCP-8314 USD $17.99 Buy It Now 7 days
NEW - Greatest Hits I II & III: The Platinum Collection Queen CD Remastered Albu USD $27.83 Buy It Now 7 days
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II - NEW CD!! USD $11.55 [0 bids]
SHM SACD Greatest Hits II Queen Limited Edition JAPAN ver. DSD Master +1 BONUS USD $59.50 Buy It Now 7 days
QUEEN greatest hits II / CROATIAN 1991 transparent CASSETTE yellow label USD $15.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Queen ?- Greatest Hits II 2 LP GREEK PARLOPHONE BLACK LABEL GATEFOLD EX RAREST! USD $69.99 Buy It Now 7 days
QUEEN GREATEST HITS II REMASTERED CD USD $9.84 Buy It Now 7 days
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II CD ~ 70's / 80's ~ FREDDIE MERCURY~BRIAN MAY 2 *NEW* USD $14.72 Buy It Now 7 days
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II - 1991 DOUBLE LP WITH INNER SLEEVES - MORE QUEEN LOOK!! USD $50.60 Buy It Now 7 days
QUEEN - Greatest hits II - CD album USD $5.05 Buy It Now 8 days
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II 2 DOUBLE 2 X LP VINYL RECORD SET PARLOPHONE PMTV 2 USD $11.55 [0 bids]
QUEEN CD GREATEST HITS II 2 AUSTRALIA 1991 MINT FREDDIE MERCURY FREE POST USD $7.08 Buy It Now 8 days
4 X QUEEN CD ALBUMS: LIVE AT WEMBLEY INNUENDO MADE IN HEAVEN GREATEST HITS II USD $27.45 Buy It Now 8 days
Queen - Greatest Hits Ii (2011) - Used - Compact Disc USD $6.40 Buy It Now 8 days
Queen - Queen: Greatest Hits II - Long Play - Queen CD X0VG USD $23.98 Buy It Now 8 days
QUEEN - CLASSIC QUEEN CD (LIKE GREATEST HITS 2 II) NEW JEWEL CASE! USD $6.49 Buy It Now 8 days
Queen - Greatest Hits I, II & III - The Platinum Collection (3CD), Audio CD New USD $18.65 Buy It Now 9 days
Queen - Queen: Greatest Hits I & II, Audio CD New USD $17.56 Buy It Now 9 days
Queen: Greatest Hits I & II (Audio CD) USD $21.92 Buy It Now 9 days
QUEEN GREATEST HITS II MULTI (GOLD) CD PLATINUM DISC FREE POSTAGE!! USD $289.13 Buy It Now 9 days
QUEEN GREATEST HITS II CD PLATINUM DISC FREE P+P!! USD $144.56 Buy It Now 9 days
QUEEN GREATEST HITS II CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P!! USD $130.10 Buy It Now 9 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II (1991) USD $4.97 Buy It Now 9 days
QUEEN Greatest Hits II CD DW Mastering GOLD DISC SINGAPORE MALAYSIA USD $99.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Greatest Hits I, II & III - Platinum Collection (3CD) by Queen [Format: AudioCD] USD $18.17 Buy It Now 10 days
QUEEN "Greatest Hits II" Philippines Cassette Tape FREE SHIPPING USD $25.00 Buy It Now 11 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II (Gold Logo) / TH Cassette USD $14.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Queen ?- Greatest Hits I & II USD $13.00 Buy It Now 12 days
Greatest Hits Ii - Queen (CD Used Very Good) Remastered USD $10.48 Buy It Now 12 days
QUEEN_Greatest Hits II_used cassette_ships from AUSTRALIA!_L3 USD $8.50 Buy It Now 12 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II CD USD $3.60 Buy It Now 13 days
QUEEN Greatest Hits I,II & III Promotional Postcard 6x4 inches USD $14.38 Buy It Now 13 days
QUEEN_Greatest Hits II_used CD_ships from AUSTRALIA_K3 USD $7.08 Buy It Now 13 days
Greatest Hits Ii 0602527583655 by Queen, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H USD $23.62 Buy It Now 13 days
QUEEN CD - GREATEST HITS I, II & III: THE PLATINUM COLLECTION (2002) USD $19.99 Buy It Now 13 days
QUEEN GREATEST HITS I AND II 1992/1994 2-2CDS USD $15.99 Buy It Now 13 days
QUEEN CD - GREATEST HITS I, II & III: THE PLATINUM COLLECTION (2002) - NEW USD $24.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Greatest Hits II by Queen (CD, Jan-1991 UK ISSUE, PARLOPHONE) 17 TRK BLUE COVER USD $6.60 Buy It Now 14 days
Queen Greatest Hits II Japan CD USD $24.99 Buy It Now 14 days
QUEEN Greatest Hits II 1991 Long Play Holland Import Parlophone CD 70s USD $10.85 Buy It Now 14 days
Queen Platinum Collection 3CD Remastered Greatest Hits I/ II / III NEW FASTPOST USD $24.50 Buy It Now 14 days
QUEEN GREATEST HITS VOL I & II Album Advert 11X9 (OUR PRICE) USD $10.12 Buy It Now 14 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II (2011) - CD Album - FAST FREE POST USD $4.26 Buy It Now 14 days
QUEEN GREATEST HITS II VOL 2 BRAND NEW SEALED CD REMASTERED 2011 USD $8.02 Buy It Now 14 days
QUEEN - Greatest Hits II 1991 EMI 2 LP USD $65.00 Buy It Now 14 days
QUEEN "GREATEST HITS II" JPN JAPAN SHM SACD 2013 *SEALED* USD $52.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Greatest Hits Ii (2011 Remasters) - Queen (CD Used Very Good) USD $13.08 Buy It Now 15 days
GREATEST HITS II BY QUEEN (CD) USD $20.24 Buy It Now 15 days
QUEEN GREATEST HITS II ARGENTINA CASSETTE USD $36.55 Buy It Now 15 days
QUEEN - Greatest Hits II CD JAPAN UICY-15002 NEW 2011 USD $57.33 Buy It Now 15 days
QUEEN - Greatest Hits I II & III The Platinum Collection CD JAPAN UICY-75044 USD $128.45 Buy It Now 15 days

More places to buy QUEEN music online Buy QUEEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for QUEEN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

QUEEN Greatest Hits II ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(15%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(44%)

QUEEN Greatest Hits II reviews

Review by clarke2001
3 stars In 1981, "Greatest Hits" covered first decade of QUEEN's career. The songs chosen for compilation were all hits, not necessary band's highest-quality songs. In 1991 "Greatest Hits II" hit the market, and this time the terms "best" or "hit" became one. Simply because the second decade of Queen's career was not on the same level as the first one. The selection is quite good, from all the albums 3 or 4 tracks are picked (except from the weakest "Hot Space"), and if you are unfamiliar with the Queen's not-so-early-works and want to check them out, but don't want to dig through the albums, this compilation is just fine. You will miss one, two or three proggier tracks that Queen did in the 80s, but essential work is here: ballads, anthems, rock tunes and prog masterpiece - Innuendo.

Almost all the tracks are slightly different from their album version, most of them are single versions, and "I'm Going Slightly Mad" and "Who Wants To Live Forever" are slightly edited.

Two weakest tracks in this selection are "Headlong" and "The Invisible Man" (although both gained high chart positions, "Headlong" #14 in 1991, and "The Invisible Man" #12 in 1989). However, it's obvious that compilation was made for earning extra money, and expecting high-quality (progressive), non-charting tracks (like "Machines" or "Chinese Torture") would be too much. Anyway, I'm glad that awful hit "Body Language" (#25 in 1982) is not included.

Conclusion: "Greatest Hits II" is better representation of the corresponding decade than it's predecessor. The problem is, if you decide to give QUEEN a go, you will realise that essence of each album has been stolen by this huge, luxury, double LP.

I will always recommend albums rather than compilations, and this one is okay if you are willing just to lurk into the 80's and perhaps place it next to the early Queen's masterpieces.

Review by progrules
3 stars Like I did on the first greatest hits collection I will review this song by song with ratings. Reasons see GH 1.

1. A kind of magic: 2,5 stars

14. Hammer to fall: 4,5 stars

15. Friends will be friends: 3,75 stars

16. Show must go on: 4,25 stars

17. One vision: 4,25 stars

So that makes GH 2 a far better compiliation than GH 1. Even though that will not be noticeable in the rounded off ratingresult. Because this appears to be a 3,4 rounded down to 3 also. Special note: though maybe not the best, the 9th and 16th song are most impressive lyricwise and probably also in historical and emotional way. For obvious reasons I think. Overall conclusion about the two major collections: I like Queen best when they play the rougher songs, I think they would have made a great (hard)rockband. But as we know Queen chose a different path and it has proved to be the wise one (at least commercially).

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars Queen's pop sound.

An inconsistent compilation following on from the excellent "Greatest Hits" from 1981. This time the tracks are embedded in the 80s and suffer as a result as Queen goes synth pop. There are some catchy singles that dominated the radio admittedly that I have time for such as infectious 'A Kind Of Magic', the wonderful 'Under Pressure' with Bowie, blockbuster 'I Want It All', and the masterfully produced 'One Vision', all classic tracks that epitomised the new Queen sound.

However my heart is entrenched in the prog sound of Queen and it does not get better here than with the awesome 'Innuendo'. This is the greatest song here and may even be in the top 3 all time great Queen songs. It is well while grabbing this to hear the song if you do not own the album "Innuendo".

Other highlights are 'Hammer to Fall', the best thing on "The Works" and 'The Show Must Go On'. Other tracks tend to blend together and are dull to my ears though cleverly produced and mixed. The manufactured pop of 'Radio Ga Ga', and 'I Want To Break Free' is a stale taste but there is enough on offer on the album to maintain interest such as 'Breakthru', 'The Miracle', and 'I'm Going Slightly Mad' with Mercury at his most theatrical.

Overall this is a good compilation with some excellent material from the later Queen years.

2 stars There are a few good songs scattered here and there throughout this compilation, but overall it shows a very commercialised approach to music. 'Hammer to Fall' is top quality rock and 'Under Pressure' and 'Radio Ga Ga' are true classics, but the rest just fails to impress. There is an element of ... (read more)

Report this review (#165076) | Posted by burtonrulez | Wednesday, March 26, 2008 | Review Permanlink

2 stars since the 80's was not such a good decade for Queen's discoraphy, consequently, a collection from their work of this period is a mediocre one... the selection is good but the songs themselves are not that much... this is the pop side of the band, sth that disappointed many fans, including me.. ... (read more)

Report this review (#85909) | Posted by toolis | Sunday, August 06, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of QUEEN "Greatest Hits II"