GREATEST HITS II

Queen Greatest Hits II album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy QUEEN Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1991

1. A Kind Of Magic (4.23)
2. Under Pressure (3.57)
3. Radio Ga Ga (5.43)
4. I Want It All (4.02)
5. I Want To Break Free (4.19)
6. Innuendo (6.28)
7. It's A Hard Life (4.10)
8. Breakthru (4.09)
9. Who Wants To live Forever (4.57)
10. Headlong (4.33)
11. The Miracle (4.55)
12. I'm Going Slightly Mad (4.08)
13. The Invisiable Man (3.59)
14. Hammer To Fall (3.41)
15. Friends Will Be Friends (4.09)
16. The Show Must Go On (4.24)
17. One Vision (4.03)

- Freddie Mercury / vocals
- Brian May / guitars
- John Deacon / bass
- Roger Taylor / drums

CD Parlophone CDP7979712 (1991)

Thanks to PROGMAN for the addition

Buy QUEEN Greatest Hits II Music

The Platinum Collection: Greatest Hits I, II & IIIThe Platinum Collection: Greatest Hits I, II & III
Box set
$31.46
Queen: Greatest Hits I & IIQueen: Greatest Hits I & II
Hollywood Records 1995
$17.94
Greatest Hits II (2011 Remasters)Greatest Hits II (2011 Remasters)
Remastered
Universal 2016
$32.04
Greatest Hits I and II (Best Of) - Queen Greatest Hits 2 LP Vinyl Album BundlingGreatest Hits I and II (Best Of) - Queen Greatest Hits 2 LP Vinyl Album Bundling
Box set
Various Labels
$85.99
Bohemian Rhapsody (OST) - Greatest Hits - Queen 2 CD Album BundlingBohemian Rhapsody (OST) - Greatest Hits - Queen 2 CD Album Bundling
Various Labels
$27.99
The Platinum Collection: Greatest Hits I II and IIIThe Platinum Collection: Greatest Hits I II and III
Remastered
EMI Import 2001
$29.95
Queen: Greatest Hits 1 & 2 Classic LP Vinyl Album CollectionQueen: Greatest Hits 1 & 2 Classic LP Vinyl Album Collection
EMI
$89.99
Greatest Hits I, II & III - The Platinum Collection (3CD) by Queen (2002)Greatest Hits I, II & III - The Platinum Collection (3CD) by Queen (2002)
Hollywood Records
$35.00

Queen. Greatest Hits: I II & III: The Platinum Collection. NEW USD $24.95 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Queen ?- Greatest Hits II (C218) USD $17.87 Buy It Now 5h 11m
Queen Greatest Hits I, II & III - Platinum Collection USD $54.03 Buy It Now 10h 16m
Queen ?- Greatest Hits II c4 USD $6.43 [0 bids]
QUEEN GREATEST HITS II - Music CD - 1991 - Parlophone - VERY RARE - VG USD $21.50 Buy It Now 12h
Greatest Hits II Double Vinyl by Queen Rock Pop Hollywood Records Vinyl NEW USD $44.73 Buy It Now 12h 7m
Queen - Greatest Hits II *NEW* VINYL USD $46.87 Buy It Now 17h 29m
QUEEN *Greatest Hits: I II & III: The Platinum Collection 3CD *Sealed* USD $15.73 Buy It Now 17h 41m
QUEEN GREATEST HITS II 2 TWO LP SET 12" VINYL ALBUM LP USD $14.96 [5 bids]
Queen Greatest Hits II Long Play CD USD $3.90 [0 bids]
Queen /Greatest Hits II Parlophone Cdp 79 7971 2) USD $14.65 Buy It Now 22h 32m
Queen Greatest Hits I, II & III - Platinum Collection Queen USD $62.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Queen - Greatest Hits II (2011) - New & Sealed USD $10.41 Buy It Now 1 day
Queen - Greatest Hits I II & III The Platinum Collection [CD] Sent Sameday* USD $10.50 [9 bids]
RARE ORIGINAL Queen Greatest Hits II UK Double Vinyl LP 2 x 12" Gatefold Sleeve USD $39.02 [1 bids]
QUEEN : Greatest Hits II Official 1992 Album Music Song Book USD $58.48 Buy It Now 1 day
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II 2 (REMASTERED) [CD] NEW & SEALED USD $10.21 Buy It Now 1 day
QUEEN-GREATEST HITS I & II =BOX CD USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Queen - Greatest Hits I II & III The Platinum Collection - Three CD Set 3CD Box USD $4.16 [4 bids]
Queen's Greatest Hits: The Platinum Collection Vol. I, II and III by Queen. USD $34.66 Buy It Now 1 day
QUEEN The Platinum Collection: Greatest Hits I, II & III Box set CD New Sealed USD $32.51 Buy It Now 1 day
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II (REMASTERED 2011) (2LP) 2 VINYL LP NEW+ USD $49.30 Buy It Now 1 day
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $8.67 Buy It Now 1 day
The Queen "Greatest Hits I II & III 1-3 (The Platinum Collection)" 3 CD Box Set USD $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Queen Greatest Hits II Remastered CD NEW unsealed USD $14.22 Buy It Now 2 days
QUEEN GREATEST HITS II REMASTERED CD NEW USD $19.94 Buy It Now 2 days
Greatest Hits I, II & III - The Platinum Collection (3CD) by Queen Box set USD $18.99 Buy It Now 2 days
QUEEN - UK CASSETTE TAPE - GREATEST HITS II (BEST OF) USD $13.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Greatest Hits: I II & III: The Platinum Collection by Queen (CD, Jul-2011, 3... USD $16.99 Buy It Now 2 days
QUEEN - Greatest Hits II - Original 1991 17 Track CD USD $3.89 [0 bids]
Greatest Hits Ii - Queen Compact Disc Free Shipping! USD $22.77 Buy It Now 2 days
QUEEN GREATEST HITS II URUGUAY TRUE RARE CASSETTE PROMO EDITION!! USD $20.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Queen Greatest Hits I and II CD's USD $13.66 [11 bids]
QUEEN / greatest hits II / JAPAN LTD CD USD $13.27 Buy It Now 3 days
QUEEN Greatest Hits II 2 x 180 gram VINYL & DOWNLOAD 2011 VIRGIN/EMI sealed USD $22.12 [6 bids]
Queen - Greatest Hits II Double 12" LP BRAND NEW & SEALED MINT CONDITION USD $27.32 [1 bids]
Queen - Greatest Hits II (1991)..sealed USD $2.59 [0 bids]
Greatest Hits I II & III The Platinum Collection 3CD Box Set Queen Audio CD USD $26.20 Buy It Now 3 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II 2 (Long Play CD Version) - CD USD $5.53 Buy It Now 3 days
QUEEN "GREATEST HITS II" JAPAN SHM-CD JEWEL CASE 2011 UICY-15002 *SEALED* USD $32.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Greatest Hits: I II & III: The Platinum Collection [Box] by Queen (CD, Sep-2002, USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Queen ?- Greatest Hits II - David Bowie (Box C108) USD $10.72 Buy It Now 4 days
LP QUEEN Greatest Hits II (2LPs Vinyl, 2017) NEW MINT SEALED USD $44.88 Buy It Now 4 days
QUEEN - Framed CD Presentation Disc Display USD $18.20 Buy It Now 4 days
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II. Indonesian Cassette USD $7.15 [0 bids]
Queen - Greatest Hits II (2011 Remaster) Original recording remastered (CD USD $14.30 Buy It Now 4 days
ORIGINAL DOUBLE LP QUEEN Greatest hits II vinyl Record with inner sleeves USD $11.06 [5 bids]
Queen Greatest Hits I, II & III - Platinum Collection USD $25.27 Buy It Now 4 days
QUEEN Greatest Hits I II III The Platinum Collection 3CD SOUTH AFRICA Remastered USD $24.99 Buy It Now 4 days
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II NEW CD USD $13.03 Buy It Now 5 days
Queen - Greatest Hits: I II & III Collection (Box CD) . NEW . Bohemian Rhapsody USD $28.00 Buy It Now 5 days
QUEEN-GREATEST HITS II CD NEW USD $14.95 Buy It Now 5 days
The Platinum Collection Greatest Hits I II & III Box Set Queen Audio CD Discs 3 USD $21.82 Buy It Now 5 days
Queen Greatest Hits Volume II Vinyl LP New 2016 (UK) USD $42.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Greatest Hits I II III The Platinum Collection 3CD Box Set Queen Audio CD New USD $23.35 Buy It Now 5 days
Queen Greatest Hits Vols. I & II Limited Edition CD Box Set U.K Very Rare COA USD $52.04 [0 bids]
Queen: Greatest Hits I & II, Queen, Good USD $13.99 Buy It Now 5 days
QUEEN-GREATEST HITS II CD NEW USD $16.76 Buy It Now 5 days
The Platinum Collection Greatest Hits I II & III Box Set Queen Audio CD Discs 3 USD $20.38 Buy It Now 5 days
Queen Greatest Hits I II & III 3 CD Set Excellent Condition USD $18.95 Buy It Now 6 days
Queen: Greatest Hits I & II USD $21.27 Buy It Now 6 days
QUEEN : Greatest Hits II - 20th Anniversary Promotional Promo Booklet USD $19.45 Buy It Now 6 days
Queen Greatest Hits I & II 2 Disc CD Box Set w/ Booklet 1992 Hollywood Records USD $21.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Queen Greatest Hits II 2 CD Album USD $6.49 Buy It Now 6 days
Greatest Hits: I II & III: The Platinum Collection by Queen (SHM-3CD),2011 Unive USD $215.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Queen Greatest Hits Vol. II CD Album 1986 USD $6.90 Buy It Now 6 days
Queen - Queen Greatest Hits II (LP) [New Vinyl] USD $31.74 Buy It Now 6 days
QUEEN (FREDDIE MERCURY) 'Greatest Hits II' Double Vinyl LP With Inners - S22 USD $11.06 [2 bids]
QUEEN - Greatest Hits II 15 Track KOREA rare CD USD $100.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Queen - Greatest Hits I, II & III (3 CD Box Set) NEW SEALED!! USD $6.50 [20 bids]
QUEEN GREATEST HITS II Album Music Japan CDs Used F/S USD $31.71 Buy It Now 7 days
Queen Symphonic The Greatest Hits II New Sealed USD $15.28 Buy It Now 7 days
QUEEN / Greatest Hits II SHM-CD Bonus track Japan USD $28.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Queen Greatest Hits I II Platinum Collectionby Queen Audio CD Discs 3 Arena Rock USD $37.55 Buy It Now 7 days
QUEEN Greatest Hits II DBL LP 2011 issue NEAR-MINT USD $31.22 Buy It Now 7 days
Queen- Greatest Hits II Vinyl 2 LP USD $33.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II - FREE UK P&P USD $6.83 Buy It Now 7 days
Queen ?- Greatest Hits I II & III (The Platinum Collection) 3 cd set USD $3.89 [1 bids]
Queen - Greatest Hits I & II (1994) M/M USD $63.43 Buy It Now 7 days
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II NEW CD USD $31.87 Buy It Now 7 days
QUEEN: Greatest Hits I & II (RARE 25th Anniversary 1998 JAPAN 2CD TOCP-65056-57) USD $136.72 Buy It Now 8 days
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II NEW CD USD $12.70 Buy It Now 8 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II (2011) USD $2.34 [0 bids]
Queen-Greatest Hits I, II & III/The Platinum Collection(3CD) 2011 Remastered New USD $37.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Queen ?- Greatest Hits II RARE COLLECTOR'S SEALED CD! FREE SHIPING! USD $22.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Queen-Greatest Hits (I II & III The Platinum Collection 3CD Box Set USD $28.49 Buy It Now 8 days
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II - Japan Jewel Case SHM - CD 4988005643339 USD $46.15 Buy It Now 8 days
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II - JAPAN SHM-SACD - Factory Sealed CD - UIGY-9533 USD $181.43 Buy It Now 8 days
QUEEN - Greatest Hits I, II & III - The Platinum Collection - NEW 3 CD Box Set USD $36.34 Buy It Now 8 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II - VENEZUELA - 12" vinyl - single sleeve with insert USD $74.00 Buy It Now 8 days
The Platinum Collection: Greatest Hits I, II & III Box set Queen CD Classic Rock USD $20.43 Buy It Now 8 days
Greatest Hits: I II & III: The Platinum Collection [Box] by Queen (CD, Sep-2002. USD $22.00 Buy It Now 8 days
QUEEN - THE PLATINUM COLLECTION - GREATEST HITS I II III (51 TRK 3xCD) USD $9.11 [0 bids]
QUEEN Greatest Hits I & II JAPAN CD TOCP-8535~8536 1995 NEW USD $198.55 Buy It Now 9 days
Queen / Greatest Hits II (Emi 0777 7 97973 2 7)CD Album USD $14.72 Buy It Now 9 days
QUEEN : Greatest Hits II Japanese PROMO SAMPLE CD 1991 Album OBI Japan TOCP-6913 USD $58.48 Buy It Now 9 days
QUEEN GREATEST HITS II 2 CD FREDDY MERCURY FREE SPEEDY UK POSTAGE USD $14.25 Buy It Now 9 days
"Queen - The Platinum Collection: Greatest Hits I, II & III", Queen, New USD $16.04 Buy It Now 9 days
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II A SAMPLE OF MAGIC 3 TR RARE UK INCL MEDLEY USD $84.96 Buy It Now 9 days
Queen Greatest Hits Vols I & II CD Album Box Set UK USD $249.67 Buy It Now 9 days

More places to buy QUEEN music online Buy QUEEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

QUEEN Greatest Hits II ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(16%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(45%)

QUEEN Greatest Hits II reviews

Review by clarke2001
3 stars In 1981, "Greatest Hits" covered first decade of QUEEN's career. The songs chosen for compilation were all hits, not necessary band's highest-quality songs. In 1991 "Greatest Hits II" hit the market, and this time the terms "best" or "hit" became one. Simply because the second decade of Queen's career was not on the same level as the first one. The selection is quite good, from all the albums 3 or 4 tracks are picked (except from the weakest "Hot Space"), and if you are unfamiliar with the Queen's not-so-early-works and want to check them out, but don't want to dig through the albums, this compilation is just fine. You will miss one, two or three proggier tracks that Queen did in the 80s, but essential work is here: ballads, anthems, rock tunes and prog masterpiece - Innuendo.

Almost all the tracks are slightly different from their album version, most of them are single versions, and "I'm Going Slightly Mad" and "Who Wants To Live Forever" are slightly edited.

Two weakest tracks in this selection are "Headlong" and "The Invisible Man" (although both gained high chart positions, "Headlong" #14 in 1991, and "The Invisible Man" #12 in 1989). However, it's obvious that compilation was made for earning extra money, and expecting high-quality (progressive), non-charting tracks (like "Machines" or "Chinese Torture") would be too much. Anyway, I'm glad that awful hit "Body Language" (#25 in 1982) is not included.

Conclusion: "Greatest Hits II" is better representation of the corresponding decade than it's predecessor. The problem is, if you decide to give QUEEN a go, you will realise that essence of each album has been stolen by this huge, luxury, double LP.

I will always recommend albums rather than compilations, and this one is okay if you are willing just to lurk into the 80's and perhaps place it next to the early Queen's masterpieces.

Review by progrules
3 stars Like I did on the first greatest hits collection I will review this song by song with ratings. Reasons see GH 1.

1. A kind of magic: 2,5 stars

14. Hammer to fall: 4,5 stars

15. Friends will be friends: 3,75 stars

16. Show must go on: 4,25 stars

17. One vision: 4,25 stars

So that makes GH 2 a far better compiliation than GH 1. Even though that will not be noticeable in the rounded off ratingresult. Because this appears to be a 3,4 rounded down to 3 also. Special note: though maybe not the best, the 9th and 16th song are most impressive lyricwise and probably also in historical and emotional way. For obvious reasons I think. Overall conclusion about the two major collections: I like Queen best when they play the rougher songs, I think they would have made a great (hard)rockband. But as we know Queen chose a different path and it has proved to be the wise one (at least commercially).

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars Queen's pop sound.

An inconsistent compilation following on from the excellent "Greatest Hits" from 1981. This time the tracks are embedded in the 80s and suffer as a result as Queen goes synth pop. There are some catchy singles that dominated the radio admittedly that I have time for such as infectious 'A Kind Of Magic', the wonderful 'Under Pressure' with Bowie, blockbuster 'I Want It All', and the masterfully produced 'One Vision', all classic tracks that epitomised the new Queen sound.

However my heart is entrenched in the prog sound of Queen and it does not get better here than with the awesome 'Innuendo'. This is the greatest song here and may even be in the top 3 all time great Queen songs. It is well while grabbing this to hear the song if you do not own the album "Innuendo".

Other highlights are 'Hammer to Fall', the best thing on "The Works" and 'The Show Must Go On'. Other tracks tend to blend together and are dull to my ears though cleverly produced and mixed. The manufactured pop of 'Radio Ga Ga', and 'I Want To Break Free' is a stale taste but there is enough on offer on the album to maintain interest such as 'Breakthru', 'The Miracle', and 'I'm Going Slightly Mad' with Mercury at his most theatrical.

Overall this is a good compilation with some excellent material from the later Queen years.

2 stars There are a few good songs scattered here and there throughout this compilation, but overall it shows a very commercialised approach to music. 'Hammer to Fall' is top quality rock and 'Under Pressure' and 'Radio Ga Ga' are true classics, but the rest just fails to impress. There is an element of ... (read more)

Report this review (#165076) | Posted by burtonrulez | Wednesday, March 26, 2008 | Review Permanlink

2 stars since the 80's was not such a good decade for Queen's discoraphy, consequently, a collection from their work of this period is a mediocre one... the selection is good but the songs themselves are not that much... this is the pop side of the band, sth that disappointed many fans, including me.. ... (read more)

Report this review (#85909) | Posted by toolis | Sunday, August 6, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of QUEEN "Greatest Hits II"