GREATEST HITS II

Queen Greatest Hits II album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy QUEEN Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1991

1. A Kind Of Magic (4.23)
2. Under Pressure (3.57)
3. Radio Ga Ga (5.43)
4. I Want It All (4.02)
5. I Want To Break Free (4.19)
6. Innuendo (6.28)
7. It's A Hard Life (4.10)
8. Breakthru (4.09)
9. Who Wants To live Forever (4.57)
10. Headlong (4.33)
11. The Miracle (4.55)
12. I'm Going Slightly Mad (4.08)
13. The Invisiable Man (3.59)
14. Hammer To Fall (3.41)
15. Friends Will Be Friends (4.09)
16. The Show Must Go On (4.24)
17. One Vision (4.03)

- Freddie Mercury / vocals
- Brian May / guitars
- John Deacon / bass
- Roger Taylor / drums

CD Parlophone CDP7979712 (1991)

Thanks to PROGMAN for the addition

Buy QUEEN Greatest Hits II Music

The Platinum Collection: Greatest Hits I, II & IIIThe Platinum Collection: Greatest Hits I, II & III
Box set
Remastered
Universal 2016
$23.78
Raincloud

QUEEN - GREATEST HITS: I II & III: THE PLATINUM COLLECTION USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $20.68 Buy It Now
Queen - Greatest Hits II 24HR POST!! USD $6.64 Buy It Now
Greatest Hits: I II & III: The Platinum Collection [Box] by Queen (CD, Sep-2002, USD $17.97 Buy It Now 5h 17m
QUEEN...GREATEST HITS II USD $3.85 Buy It Now 10h 36m
Queen - Greatest Hits II (1991) USD $1.86 [0 bids]
QUEEN-greatest hits I+II/2cds/34 trax/vg con cds/1992-fatbox USD $1.60 [3 bids]
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II CD USD $1.32 [0 bids]
Queen Greatest Hits I & II Double Cassette USD $13.31 Buy It Now 16h 50m
Greatest Hits Vols I & II Queen CD Album Box Set UK USD $220.13 Buy It Now 18h 53m
Greatest Hits: I II & III: The Platinum Collection [Box] by Queen (CD, Sep-2002, USD $22.00 [0 bids]
USD $32.00 Buy It Now
Queen Greatest Hits I, II & III The Platinum Collection 3xCD box in slipcase USD $6.64 [0 bids]
Greatest Hits II - Embossed Slee... Queen 2-LP (Double ) UK USD $65.57 Buy It Now 20h 48m
QUEEN GREATEST HITS I & II 2 x CD 1ST PRESS UK 1991 mispelt "SOMBODY" USD $6.99 Buy It Now 21h 11m
Queen: Greatest Hits I & II USD $19.03 Buy It Now 21h 18m
QUEEN GREATEST HITS II 2016 UK PRESS 2 X 12" VINYL RECORD LP EX/EX USD $30.62 [5 bids]
Queen - Greatest Hits II - Original Double Vinyl LP 1991 (Freddie Mercury) USD $13.31 [0 bids]
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $10.45 Buy It Now 1 day
Queen - Greatest Hits I II & III (The Platinum Collection) 3CD HOLLYWOOD 2002 USD $5.99 [5 bids]
Queen ?- Greatest Hits II C.D. USD $6.79 Buy It Now 1 day
Queen - Greatest Hits Ii (CD Used Like New) Remastered USD $11.64 Buy It Now 1 day
Queen - Greatest Hits II - 2 - CD Album USD $6.66 Buy It Now 1 day
Queen - Greatest Hits II (1991) USD $1.20 [0 bids]
Queen - Greatest Hits II 2011 Digital Remaster (CD) USD $5.31 Buy It Now 1 day
QUEEN_Greatest Hits II_used CD_ships from AUSTRALIA__A20 USD $9.06 Buy It Now 1 day
Greatest Hits I II & III The Platinum Collection 3CD Box set Queen Audio CD New USD $21.10 Buy It Now 1 day
QUEEN 'GREATEST HITS II' 2 x 180g VINYL LP + Download (Half Speed Master) (2016) USD $33.93 Buy It Now 1 day
Queen Greatest Hits I & II, 2 CD With Booklet And Cover USD $13.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Queen: Greatest Hits I & II, Queen, Acceptable USD $10.15 Buy It Now 1 day
Queen Greatest Hits II CD album (CDLP) UK CDP7979712 PARLOPHONE 1991 USD $6.64 Buy It Now 2 days
Queen : Greatest Hits I, II & III - The Platinum Collection (3CD) CD USD $16.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Queen : Greatest Hits II CD (1991, 17 Tracks) - FREE UK Postage USD $4.86 Buy It Now 2 days
QUEEN - Greatest Hits II ~ GATEFOLD 2 x VINYL LP USD $56.57 Buy It Now 2 days
QUEEN - Queen: Greatest Hits I, Ii & Iii - Platinum Collection (3cd) - 3 CD NEW USD $33.49 Buy It Now 2 days
Greatest Hits I II & III The Platinum Collection 3CD Box set Queen Audio CD New USD $20.31 Buy It Now 2 days
Greatest Hits II - Queen - LONG PLAY CD, 1991 PARLOPHONE. USD $2.65 Buy It Now 2 days
QUEEN CD - GREATEST HITS I & II [2 DISCS](1995) - NEW UNOPENED USD $18.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Queen: Greatest Hits I & II USD $8.93 Buy It Now 2 days
Queen - Platinum Collection (3CD Box Set Greatest Hits I/II/III) SPEEDYPOST USD $13.25 Buy It Now 2 days
Queen - Greatest Hits Vol.2 II (CD 1991) USD $7.30 Buy It Now 3 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II (1991) USD $3.98 [0 bids]
Queen ?- Greatest Hits II - David Bowie (Box C108) USD $11.32 Buy It Now 3 days
QUEEN Greatest Hits II JAPAN CD 1991 OBI USD $37.59 Buy It Now 3 days
Queen Greatest Hits II (1991) CD Excellent Condition USD $6.64 Buy It Now 3 days
Queen - The Greatest Hits 1 & 2 - Gold Collection - GENUINE CD ALBUM SET ii USD $10.64 Buy It Now 3 days
Queen - Greatest Hits 2 - GENUINE CD ALBUM - EXCEL CONDIT - The Very Best Of ii USD $6.64 Buy It Now 3 days
QUEEN GREATEST HITS I + II 1994 JAPAN 2 CD 4400yen TOCP USD $39.99 Buy It Now 3 days
'QUEEN' GREATEST HITS: I II & III: The Platinum Collection [Box] USD $15.52 Buy It Now 3 days
QUEEN GREATEST HITS II & III CD's in Clear Sleeves with Artwork.FREE SHIPPING! USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Queen Greatest Hits I & II USD $2.33 [0 bids]
QUEEN - Greatest Hits II 15 Track KOREA rare CD USD $90.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Greatest Hits Ii - Queen Compact Disc Free Shipping! USD $18.28 Buy It Now 3 days
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II - Japan Jewel Case SHM - CD 4988005643339 USD $47.37 Buy It Now 3 days
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II - JAPAN SHM-SACD - Factory Sealed CD - UIGY-9533 USD $180.42 Buy It Now 3 days
Queen Greatest Hits II CD Album 2011 Digital Remaster 17 Tracks VGC USD $6.66 Buy It Now 3 days
Queen 2-LP vinyl record (Double Album) Greatest Hits II - 180gm UK USD $52.25 Buy It Now 3 days
QUEEN Greatest Hits I II III The Platinum Collection 3CD SOUTH AFRICA Remastered USD $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Queen ?- Greatest Hits II cd album USD $3.98 [0 bids]
Queen - Greatest Hits II (1991) USD $3.33 [0 bids]
Queen Greatest Hits II UK CD USD $5.31 Buy It Now 4 days
Queen Platinum - Greatest Hits I II & III - 3 CD's Box Set - 51 Great Tracks USD $26.34 Buy It Now 4 days
QUEEN: GREATEST HITS II (1991 CD RELEASE) USD $1.32 [0 bids]
Queen - Greatest Hits II 2LP NEW 2016 REISSUE USD $34.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Queen Greatest Hits I II III 1 2 3 Platinum Collection Three CD Set 51 Songs USD $17.95 Buy It Now 4 days
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II NEW CD USD $11.59 Buy It Now 4 days
Greatest Hits: I II & III: The Platinum Collection [Box] by Queen (CD, Sep-2002. USD $14.77 [0 bids]
Queen ?- Greatest Hits II USD $6.79 Buy It Now 4 days
QUEEN GREATEST HITS II RARE 1991 CASSETTE TAPE CROATIA USD $19.90 Buy It Now 4 days
QUEEN - Greatest Hits II (CD 1991) USD $5.33 Buy It Now 4 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II (2011) - New & Sealed USD $10.65 Buy It Now 4 days
Queen Greatest hits II France MC music tape cassette USD $6.99 Buy It Now 4 days
QUEEN / Greatest Hits II SHM-CD Bonus track Japan USD $25.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Queen: Greatest Hits I & II USD $24.37 Buy It Now 4 days
QUEEN GREATEST HITS II Headlong-Innuendo-Radio Ga Ga-Under Pressure( VGC ) USD $3.45 [0 bids]
QUEEN Greatest Hits II 1991 Korea Orig Promo Double Vinyl LP USD $53.01 Buy It Now 4 days
Greatest Hits II by Queen (Vinyl, Feb-2017, Hollywood) USD $35.98 Buy It Now 4 days
Queen x 2 - Greatest Hits II & Live Magic - Cassettes USD $12.63 Buy It Now 4 days
Umgd "Queen - The Platinum Collection: Greatest Hits I, II & III" - ... USD $26.52 Buy It Now 4 days
QUEEN GREATEST HITS II EARLY PRESS JAPAN CD 3000 YEN 1A2 TO RADIO GA GA WHO USD $25.00 Buy It Now 5 days
QUEEN GREATEST HITS II DOUBLE LP PORTUGUESE PRESS VALENTIM DE CARVALHO USD $85.00 Buy It Now 5 days
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II (17 TRK CD) USD $0.67 [0 bids]
QUEEN : Greatest Hits II - 20th Anniversary Promotional Promo Booklet USD $30.55 Buy It Now 5 days
Queen: Greatest Hits I & II USD $20.78 Buy It Now 5 days
Queen. Greatest Hits: I II & III: The Platinum Collection. NEW USD $17.99 [0 bids]
USD $23.99 Buy It Now
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS: I II & III: THE PLATINUM COLLECTION NEW CD USD $22.01 Buy It Now 5 days
Greatest Hits: I II & III: The Platinum Collection by Queen (SHM-3CD),2011 Unive USD $215.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Greatest Hits I II & III The Platinum Collection 3CD Box set Queen Audio CD New USD $26.71 Buy It Now 5 days
Queen - Queen Greatest Hits II (LP) [New Vinyl] USD $29.41 Buy It Now 5 days
Queen "Greatest Hits I II & III (The Platinum Collection)" Japan 3 SHM-CD BOX w/ USD $78.99 Buy It Now 6 days
QUEEN GREATEST HITS II Album Music Japan CDs Used F/S USD $32.66 Buy It Now 6 days
QUEEN Greatest Hits I II & III (The Platinum Collec JAPAN CD UICY-75044 2011 NEW USD $249.85 Buy It Now 6 days
QUEEN Greatest Hits II + 1 JAPAN SHM MINI LP CD Freddie Mercury Smile The Cross USD $27.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Greatest Hits I II & III The Platinum Collection 3CD Box set Queen Audio CD New USD $21.05 Buy It Now 6 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II (CD Album 2011 Superjewel Case) FREEPOST USD $6.64 Buy It Now 6 days
QUEEN GREATEST HITS II UK CD CDPMTV2 1991 CLASSIC ROCK MERCURY MAYRADIO GA GA USD $5.31 Buy It Now 6 days
QUEEN Greatest Hits II DBL LP 2011 issue NEAR-MINT USD $31.95 Buy It Now 6 days
Greatest Hits I II III The Platinum Collection 3CD Box set Queen Audio CD New USD $26.71 Buy It Now 6 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II BRAND NEW CD USD $10.64 Buy It Now 6 days
Queen 1991 Greatest Hits II EMI Music Taiwan OBI 17 Track Cassette Tape Album USD $49.99 Buy It Now 6 days
QUEEN - Greatest Hits II (2) - CD Album *Best Of**Collection**Singles* USD $3.98 Buy It Now 6 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II (CD 2011 release) MINT/EX 602527583655 USD $6.51 Buy It Now 7 days

More places to buy QUEEN music online Buy QUEEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

QUEEN Greatest Hits II ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(14%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(46%)

QUEEN Greatest Hits II reviews

Review by clarke2001
3 stars In 1981, "Greatest Hits" covered first decade of QUEEN's career. The songs chosen for compilation were all hits, not necessary band's highest-quality songs. In 1991 "Greatest Hits II" hit the market, and this time the terms "best" or "hit" became one. Simply because the second decade of Queen's career was not on the same level as the first one. The selection is quite good, from all the albums 3 or 4 tracks are picked (except from the weakest "Hot Space"), and if you are unfamiliar with the Queen's not-so-early-works and want to check them out, but don't want to dig through the albums, this compilation is just fine. You will miss one, two or three proggier tracks that Queen did in the 80s, but essential work is here: ballads, anthems, rock tunes and prog masterpiece - Innuendo.

Almost all the tracks are slightly different from their album version, most of them are single versions, and "I'm Going Slightly Mad" and "Who Wants To Live Forever" are slightly edited.

Two weakest tracks in this selection are "Headlong" and "The Invisible Man" (although both gained high chart positions, "Headlong" #14 in 1991, and "The Invisible Man" #12 in 1989). However, it's obvious that compilation was made for earning extra money, and expecting high-quality (progressive), non-charting tracks (like "Machines" or "Chinese Torture") would be too much. Anyway, I'm glad that awful hit "Body Language" (#25 in 1982) is not included.

Conclusion: "Greatest Hits II" is better representation of the corresponding decade than it's predecessor. The problem is, if you decide to give QUEEN a go, you will realise that essence of each album has been stolen by this huge, luxury, double LP.

I will always recommend albums rather than compilations, and this one is okay if you are willing just to lurk into the 80's and perhaps place it next to the early Queen's masterpieces.

Review by progrules
3 stars Like I did on the first greatest hits collection I will review this song by song with ratings. Reasons see GH 1.

1. A kind of magic: 2,5 stars

14. Hammer to fall: 4,5 stars

15. Friends will be friends: 3,75 stars

16. Show must go on: 4,25 stars

17. One vision: 4,25 stars

So that makes GH 2 a far better compiliation than GH 1. Even though that will not be noticeable in the rounded off ratingresult. Because this appears to be a 3,4 rounded down to 3 also. Special note: though maybe not the best, the 9th and 16th song are most impressive lyricwise and probably also in historical and emotional way. For obvious reasons I think. Overall conclusion about the two major collections: I like Queen best when they play the rougher songs, I think they would have made a great (hard)rockband. But as we know Queen chose a different path and it has proved to be the wise one (at least commercially).

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars Queen's pop sound.

An inconsistent compilation following on from the excellent "Greatest Hits" from 1981. This time the tracks are embedded in the 80s and suffer as a result as Queen goes synth pop. There are some catchy singles that dominated the radio admittedly that I have time for such as infectious 'A Kind Of Magic', the wonderful 'Under Pressure' with Bowie, blockbuster 'I Want It All', and the masterfully produced 'One Vision', all classic tracks that epitomised the new Queen sound.

However my heart is entrenched in the prog sound of Queen and it does not get better here than with the awesome 'Innuendo'. This is the greatest song here and may even be in the top 3 all time great Queen songs. It is well while grabbing this to hear the song if you do not own the album "Innuendo".

Other highlights are 'Hammer to Fall', the best thing on "The Works" and 'The Show Must Go On'. Other tracks tend to blend together and are dull to my ears though cleverly produced and mixed. The manufactured pop of 'Radio Ga Ga', and 'I Want To Break Free' is a stale taste but there is enough on offer on the album to maintain interest such as 'Breakthru', 'The Miracle', and 'I'm Going Slightly Mad' with Mercury at his most theatrical.

Overall this is a good compilation with some excellent material from the later Queen years.

2 stars There are a few good songs scattered here and there throughout this compilation, but overall it shows a very commercialised approach to music. 'Hammer to Fall' is top quality rock and 'Under Pressure' and 'Radio Ga Ga' are true classics, but the rest just fails to impress. There is an element of ... (read more)

Report this review (#165076) | Posted by burtonrulez | Wednesday, March 26, 2008 | Review Permanlink

2 stars since the 80's was not such a good decade for Queen's discoraphy, consequently, a collection from their work of this period is a mediocre one... the selection is good but the songs themselves are not that much... this is the pop side of the band, sth that disappointed many fans, including me.. ... (read more)

Report this review (#85909) | Posted by toolis | Sunday, August 6, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of QUEEN "Greatest Hits II"