GREATEST HITS II

Queen Greatest Hits II album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy QUEEN Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1991

1. A Kind Of Magic (4.23)
2. Under Pressure (3.57)
3. Radio Ga Ga (5.43)
4. I Want It All (4.02)
5. I Want To Break Free (4.19)
6. Innuendo (6.28)
7. It's A Hard Life (4.10)
8. Breakthru (4.09)
9. Who Wants To live Forever (4.57)
10. Headlong (4.33)
11. The Miracle (4.55)
12. I'm Going Slightly Mad (4.08)
13. The Invisiable Man (3.59)
14. Hammer To Fall (3.41)
15. Friends Will Be Friends (4.09)
16. The Show Must Go On (4.24)
17. One Vision (4.03)

- Freddie Mercury / vocals
- Brian May / guitars
- John Deacon / bass
- Roger Taylor / drums

CD Parlophone CDP7979712 (1991)

Thanks to PROGMAN for the addition

Buy QUEEN Greatest Hits II Music

The Platinum Collection: Greatest Hits I, II & IIIThe Platinum Collection: Greatest Hits I, II & III
Box set
$27.40
Raincloud

QUEEN / GREATEST HITS I & II JAPAN 2CD OOP USD $27.99 Buy It Now
Queen - Queen - Greatest Hits II CD USD $8.11 Buy It Now
Queen - Greatest Hits I, II & III - The Platinum Collection - 3 CD Set - RARE USD $0.01 [2 bids]
QUEEN GREATEST HITS II VERY RARE UKR ORIGINAL TAPE CASSETTE BRITISH ROCK STAR!! USD $18.75 Buy It Now
Universal Music Group Queen - Greatest Hits II 2LP USD $29.42 Buy It Now 41m 51s
QUEEN_Greatest Hits II_used CD_ships from AUSTRALIA_K3 USD $8.89 Buy It Now 3h 40m
QUEEN GREATEST HITS II Headlong-Innuendo-Radio Ga Ga-Under Pressure( VGC ) USD $5.00 [0 bids]
Queen Greatest Hits: I II & III: The Platinum Collection JAPAN SHM CD USD $50.00 Buy It Now 8h 13m
Queen / Greatest Hits II (CDP 79 7971 2)CD Album USD $15.54 Buy It Now 9h 53m
Queen Platinum - Greatest Hits I II & III - 3 CD's Box Set - 51 Great Tracks USD $17.15 Buy It Now 11h 4m
Queen - 'Greatest Hits II' USD $4.95 Buy It Now 11h 37m
QUEEN CD - GREATEST HITS I, II & III: THE PLATINUM COLLECTION (2002) - NEW USD $27.99 Buy It Now 11h 48m
QUEEN - THE PLATINUM COLLECTION GREATEST HITS I II & III (TRIPLE CD ALBUM) USD $1.31 [1 bids]
QUEEN GREATEST HITS II NEW VINYL USD $35.15 Buy It Now 17h
Queen ?- Greatest Hits II Cassette Album USD $2.90 [3 bids]
Queen - Platinum Collection (3 x CD Box Set Greatest Hits I/II/III) Vgc USD $10.56 Buy It Now 1 day
Queen ?- Greatest Hits I & II - Pre-Owned 2 x CD - 1994 - CDPCSD 161 - Fatbox USD $10.55 Buy It Now 1 day
QUEEN * GREATEST HITS II * 1991 Classic Cassette Tape Album USD $5.27 [0 bids]
QUEEN-GREATEST HITS I & II =BOX CD NEW USD $19.43 Buy It Now 1 day
Queen Greatest Hits Ii (Rmst) (Hk) vinyl LP NEW sealed USD $61.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Greatest Hits: I II & III: The Platinum Collection Queen (3 CD, Sep-2002) BOXED USD $19.95 Buy It Now 1 day
QUEEN Greatest Hits II 1996 CD USD $5.27 Buy It Now 1 day
 NEW - QUEEN The Platinum Collection, Greatest Hits I, II & III - THREE CD SET USD $15.00 [1 bids]
Queen: Greatest Hits I & II, Queen, Good USD $11.21 Buy It Now 1 day
Queen - Greatest Hits II (2) (NEW 2 VINYL LP) USD $38.27 Buy It Now 2 days
The Platinum Collection: Greatest Hits I, II & III by Queen (Audio CD) USD $20.33 Buy It Now 2 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II (1991) USD $0.66 [0 bids]
Queen - Greatest Hits I & II TOCP-8535 JAPAN 2CD 2447 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II TOCP-6913 JAPAN CD 2405 USD $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Queen Greatest Hits CD I, II & III Platinum Collection 3 Disc Best Of NEW Sealed USD $23.29 Buy It Now 2 days
CD ALBUM - QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II USD $1.32 [0 bids]
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II - NEW CD ALBUM USD $15.83 Buy It Now 2 days
QUEEN: GREATEST HITS I, II and III - PLATINUM COLLECTION CD SET (2000) USD $17.82 Buy It Now 2 days
Queen Greatest Hits II Vol.2 SHM-CD 40th Anniversary with Japan Limited Track USD $35.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Queen - Greatest Hits Ii (2011 Remasters) 602527583655 (CD Used Very Good) USD $18.58 Buy It Now 2 days
New Greatest Hits Ii - Queen - Rock & Pop Music Vinyl USD $43.56 Buy It Now 3 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II (1991) USD $0.66 [0 bids]
Queen - Greatest Hits II - New Double 180g Vinyl LP - Half Speed Master + MP3 USD $39.59 Buy It Now 3 days
Queen / Greatest Hits II (Parlophone CDP 79 7971 2)CD Album USD $15.23 Buy It Now 3 days
Queen / Greatest Hits II (Parlophone / CDP 79 7971 2)CD Album USD $15.18 Buy It Now 3 days
QUEEN Greatest hits II PROMO dj BRAZIL DOUBLE LP 1991 EMI VG/NM- FREDDIE MERCURY USD $299.99 Buy It Now 3 days
QUEEN Greatest Hits 2 II CD JAPAN 1991 1ST PRESS NEW SEALED TOCP-6913 s5478 USD $275.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II (1991) USD $3.95 [0 bids]
Queen / Greatest Hits II ( EMI CDP 79 7971 2)CD Album USD $15.23 Buy It Now 3 days
The Platinum Collection: Greatest Hits I, II & III Box set Queen (Audio CD) USD $27.97 Buy It Now 3 days
Universal Music Group Queen - Greatest Hits II 2LP USD $29.42 Buy It Now 4 days
Greatest Hits II by Queen (CD, Jan-2011, Universal) USD $3.20 [0 bids]
Queen - Greatest Hits II (1991) USD $3.30 [0 bids]
Queen: Greatest Hits I & II USD $11.66 Buy It Now 4 days
Queen: Greatest Hits I & II by Queen USD $13.19 Buy It Now 4 days
Queen Queen Greatest Hits II - Music Week UK magazine PARLOPHONE/MUSIC WEEK USD $39.54 Buy It Now 4 days
Queen Greatest Hits II (1991) CD Excellent Condition USD $6.59 Buy It Now 5 days
ORIGINAL CD QUEEN GREATEST HITS II 2 KIND OF MAGIC THE SHOW MUST GO ON INNUENDO USD $1.98 Buy It Now 5 days
ORIGINAL CD QUEEN GREATEST HITS II 2 KIND OF MAGIC ITS A HARD LIFE ONE VISION USD $1.98 Buy It Now 5 days
Queen - Greatest Hits I II & III (The Platinum Collection) (CD) USD $40.25 Buy It Now 5 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II (CD) USD $22.43 Buy It Now 5 days
TRIPLE ALBUM CD BEST OF GREATEST HITS QUEEN PLATINUM COLLECTION VOL I II USD $8.58 Buy It Now 5 days
QUEEN - UK CASSETTE TAPE - GREATEST HITS II (BEST OF) - ORIGINAL STICKERS USD $6.59 Buy It Now 5 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II - music cd album USD $13.13 Buy It Now 5 days
Queen : Greatest Hits I, II & III - The Platinum Collection (3CD) CD USD $16.99 Buy It Now 5 days
QUEEN greatest hits II / CROATIAN 1991 transparent CASSETTE yellow label USD $12.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II - CD Album - 1991 - 17 Great Tracks USD $5.27 Buy It Now 5 days
Queen: Greatest Hits I & II USD $8.68 Buy It Now 5 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II (1991) CD UK. NM COND. USD $13.19 Buy It Now 5 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II (Remastered 2011) (2LP) [Vinyl LP] /0* USD $39.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Greatest Hits I II & III The Platinum Collection 3CD Box set Queen Audio CD New USD $22.48 Buy It Now 5 days
CD QUEEN "GREATEST HITS II -2011 REMASTER-". New and sealed USD $13.74 Buy It Now 5 days
Queen - CD - Greatest hits II (1991) ... USD $12.76 Buy It Now 5 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II (White Logo) / TH Cassette USD $14.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Queen Greatest Hits II - Embossed Slee... UK 2-LP (Double ) USD $66.34 Buy It Now 6 days
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II NEW CD USD $27.45 Buy It Now 6 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II (1991) USD $1.31 [0 bids]
Queen - Greatest Hits II - CD Album - 1991 - 17 Great Tracks USD $10.04 Buy It Now 6 days
Queen ?- Greatest Hits Vol II Cassette Album USD $2.63 [0 bids]
Queen ?- Greatest Hits II tt ** USD $4.44 [0 bids]
USD $6.66 Buy It Now
Queen cd Bundle x4 CD's Greatest hits 1, 2 and 3 - I II III and Made in Heaven USD $11.09 Buy It Now 6 days
Queen - Greatest Hits I & II (CD) USD $22.43 Buy It Now 6 days
Queen Greatest Hits II. Cassette Tape. USD $13.20 [0 bids]
Queen - Greatest Hits II (1991) CD USD $3.95 Buy It Now 6 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II (1991) USD $1.58 [0 bids]
QUEEN-GREATEST HITS I AND II-1992/1994-USA-HOLLYWOOD REC. HR-62042-2-2CDS-MINT- USD $22.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Greatest Hits: I II & III: The Platinum Collection [Box] by Queen (CD, Sep-2002, USD $14.50 [0 bids]
Queen - Greatest Hits II (CD 2011) NEW USD $13.17 Buy It Now 6 days
Queen Greatest HIts I II III Platinum Collec + Bonus A Night at the Opera 4 CDs USD $42.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Queen ?- Greatest Hits II Cassette Album USD $2.31 [0 bids]
Queen - Greatest Hits II (1991) cd - 17 TRACKS cd Excellent condition USD $4.61 Buy It Now 6 days
Greatest Hits II by Queen (Vinyl, Feb-2017, 2 Discs, Hollywood) USD $18.30 [0 bids]
Queen - Greatest Hits II 2 L.P. SET *New* USD $33.49 Buy It Now 6 days
Greatest Hits II - Queen - LONG PLAY CD, 1991 PARLOPHONE. USD $6.53 Buy It Now 6 days
Queen Greatest Hits 2 (II) remastered 180gm vinyl 2 LP +download, gatefold NEW/S USD $38.16 Buy It Now 6 days
Greatest Hits Vols I & II Queen CD Album Box Set UK USD $255.43 Buy It Now 6 days
Queen Greatest Hits II - Embossed Slee... UK 2-LP (Double ) USD $71.62 Buy It Now 7 days
QUEEN Greatest Hits II LP UK 1st EMI 1991 PMTV-22 Rare! EX+ USD $79.19 Buy It Now 7 days
Queen - Greatest Hits I & Ii (CD Used Like New) Incl. 40 PG. Booklet USD $16.12 Buy It Now 7 days

More places to buy QUEEN music online Buy QUEEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

QUEEN Greatest Hits II ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(14%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(46%)

QUEEN Greatest Hits II reviews

Review by clarke2001
3 stars In 1981, "Greatest Hits" covered first decade of QUEEN's career. The songs chosen for compilation were all hits, not necessary band's highest-quality songs. In 1991 "Greatest Hits II" hit the market, and this time the terms "best" or "hit" became one. Simply because the second decade of Queen's career was not on the same level as the first one. The selection is quite good, from all the albums 3 or 4 tracks are picked (except from the weakest "Hot Space"), and if you are unfamiliar with the Queen's not-so-early-works and want to check them out, but don't want to dig through the albums, this compilation is just fine. You will miss one, two or three proggier tracks that Queen did in the 80s, but essential work is here: ballads, anthems, rock tunes and prog masterpiece - Innuendo.

Almost all the tracks are slightly different from their album version, most of them are single versions, and "I'm Going Slightly Mad" and "Who Wants To Live Forever" are slightly edited.

Two weakest tracks in this selection are "Headlong" and "The Invisible Man" (although both gained high chart positions, "Headlong" #14 in 1991, and "The Invisible Man" #12 in 1989). However, it's obvious that compilation was made for earning extra money, and expecting high-quality (progressive), non-charting tracks (like "Machines" or "Chinese Torture") would be too much. Anyway, I'm glad that awful hit "Body Language" (#25 in 1982) is not included.

Conclusion: "Greatest Hits II" is better representation of the corresponding decade than it's predecessor. The problem is, if you decide to give QUEEN a go, you will realise that essence of each album has been stolen by this huge, luxury, double LP.

I will always recommend albums rather than compilations, and this one is okay if you are willing just to lurk into the 80's and perhaps place it next to the early Queen's masterpieces.

Review by progrules
3 stars Like I did on the first greatest hits collection I will review this song by song with ratings. Reasons see GH 1.

1. A kind of magic: 2,5 stars

14. Hammer to fall: 4,5 stars

15. Friends will be friends: 3,75 stars

16. Show must go on: 4,25 stars

17. One vision: 4,25 stars

So that makes GH 2 a far better compiliation than GH 1. Even though that will not be noticeable in the rounded off ratingresult. Because this appears to be a 3,4 rounded down to 3 also. Special note: though maybe not the best, the 9th and 16th song are most impressive lyricwise and probably also in historical and emotional way. For obvious reasons I think. Overall conclusion about the two major collections: I like Queen best when they play the rougher songs, I think they would have made a great (hard)rockband. But as we know Queen chose a different path and it has proved to be the wise one (at least commercially).

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars Queen's pop sound.

An inconsistent compilation following on from the excellent "Greatest Hits" from 1981. This time the tracks are embedded in the 80s and suffer as a result as Queen goes synth pop. There are some catchy singles that dominated the radio admittedly that I have time for such as infectious 'A Kind Of Magic', the wonderful 'Under Pressure' with Bowie, blockbuster 'I Want It All', and the masterfully produced 'One Vision', all classic tracks that epitomised the new Queen sound.

However my heart is entrenched in the prog sound of Queen and it does not get better here than with the awesome 'Innuendo'. This is the greatest song here and may even be in the top 3 all time great Queen songs. It is well while grabbing this to hear the song if you do not own the album "Innuendo".

Other highlights are 'Hammer to Fall', the best thing on "The Works" and 'The Show Must Go On'. Other tracks tend to blend together and are dull to my ears though cleverly produced and mixed. The manufactured pop of 'Radio Ga Ga', and 'I Want To Break Free' is a stale taste but there is enough on offer on the album to maintain interest such as 'Breakthru', 'The Miracle', and 'I'm Going Slightly Mad' with Mercury at his most theatrical.

Overall this is a good compilation with some excellent material from the later Queen years.

2 stars There are a few good songs scattered here and there throughout this compilation, but overall it shows a very commercialised approach to music. 'Hammer to Fall' is top quality rock and 'Under Pressure' and 'Radio Ga Ga' are true classics, but the rest just fails to impress. There is an element of ... (read more)

Report this review (#165076) | Posted by burtonrulez | Wednesday, March 26, 2008 | Review Permanlink

2 stars since the 80's was not such a good decade for Queen's discoraphy, consequently, a collection from their work of this period is a mediocre one... the selection is good but the songs themselves are not that much... this is the pop side of the band, sth that disappointed many fans, including me.. ... (read more)

Report this review (#85909) | Posted by toolis | Sunday, August 6, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of QUEEN "Greatest Hits II"