GREATEST HITS II

Queen Greatest Hits II album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy QUEEN Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1991

1. A Kind Of Magic (4.23)
2. Under Pressure (3.57)
3. Radio Ga Ga (5.43)
4. I Want It All (4.02)
5. I Want To Break Free (4.19)
6. Innuendo (6.28)
7. It's A Hard Life (4.10)
8. Breakthru (4.09)
9. Who Wants To live Forever (4.57)
10. Headlong (4.33)
11. The Miracle (4.55)
12. I'm Going Slightly Mad (4.08)
13. The Invisiable Man (3.59)
14. Hammer To Fall (3.41)
15. Friends Will Be Friends (4.09)
16. The Show Must Go On (4.24)
17. One Vision (4.03)

- Freddie Mercury / vocals
- Brian May / guitars
- John Deacon / bass
- Roger Taylor / drums

CD Parlophone CDP7979712 (1991)

Thanks to PROGMAN for the addition

Buy QUEEN Greatest Hits II Music

The Platinum Collection: Greatest Hits I, II & IIIThe Platinum Collection: Greatest Hits I, II & III
Box set
Hollywood Records 1995
Greatest Hits II [2 LP]Greatest Hits II [2 LP]
Hollywood Records 2017
$29.98
Greatest Hits I, II & III - The Platinum Collection (3CD) by Queen (2002-09-24)Greatest Hits I, II & III - The Platinum Collection (3CD) by Queen (2002-09-24)
Hollywood Records
$47.28

Queen - Queen Greatest Hits II (LP) [New Vinyl] USD $32.99 Buy It Now 5h 52m
Queen Greatest Hits II Cd USD $3.35 [6 bids]
Queen - Greatest Hits II - New Double 180g Vinyl LP - Half Speed Master + MP3 USD $38.35 Buy It Now 7h 15m
QUEEN GREATEST HITS VOL II JAPAN 2016 RMST SHM MLPS CD - BRAND NEW GIFT QUALITY! USD $32.50 Buy It Now 7h 28m
Queen / Greatest Hits II (Parlophone CDP 79 7971 2)CD Album USD $14.91 Buy It Now 8h 36m
Queen / Greatest Hits II (Parlophone / CDP 79 7971 2)CD Album USD $14.86 Buy It Now 8h 38m
QUEEN Greatest Hits 2 II CD JAPAN 1991 1ST PRESS NEW SEALED TOCP-6913 s5478 USD $275.00 Buy It Now 10h 58m
Queen Greatest Hits I II & III CD Boxset New USD $20.44 [0 bids]
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II (CD Album) USD $22.49 Buy It Now 16h 6m
Queen Queen Greatest Hits II - Music Week UK magazine PARLOPHONE/MUSIC WEEK USD $38.29 Buy It Now 17h 7m
Greatest Hits Vols I & II Queen UK CD Album Box Set USD $212.70 Buy It Now 17h 34m
Queen Greatest Hits II - Embossed Slee... 2-LP (Double ) UK USD $64.25 Buy It Now 18h 2m
QUEEN Greatest Hits I II & III THE PREMIUM COLLECTION 3 disc set *NICE* USD $22.50 [15 bids]
Queen - Greatest Hits II (2011 Remaster) [CD] USD $14.95 Buy It Now 1 day
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II - JAPAN SHM-SACD - Factory Sealed CD - UIGY-9533 USD $184.03 Buy It Now 1 day
Queen - Greatest Hits II (1991)- CD - Best of/Singles/Collection/Freddie Mercury USD $5.18 [7 bids]
ARETHA FRANKLIN Greatest Hits Vol 2 1968 soul LP NM "Long Live The Queen" II USD $19.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Queen - Greatest Hits I II & III (The Platinum Collection) (CD) USD $38.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II (CD) USD $21.72 Buy It Now 2 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II (LP) (180g Vinyl) (M/M) (Sealed) USD $46.02 Buy It Now 2 days
Queen -Platinum Collection, GREATEST HITS I, II & III 2011 REMASTER CD 3 DISC USD $19.17 Buy It Now 2 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II (2) CD Album USD $1.53 [0 bids]
Queen - CD - Greatest hits II (1991) ... USD $12.76 Buy It Now 2 days
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II + 1. JAPAN.OBI.MINI-LP SLEEVE.SHM-CD USD $7.50 [2 bids]
Queen Greatest Hits Vol. I II & III The Platinum Collection Freddie Mercury USD $23.00 [12 bids]
Queen - Greatest Hits I & II (CD) USD $21.72 Buy It Now 3 days
QUEEN CD - GREATEST HITS II (2011) - NEW UNOPENED - ROCK - HOLLYWOOD USD $13.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II (1991) USD $6.39 [0 bids]
QUEEN Greatest Hits II D/LP 1991 PARLOPHONE 1st Press!! MINT/UNPLAYED!!!! USD $65.21 [15 bids]
Queen - Greatest Hits II 2 L.P. SET *New* USD $33.27 Buy It Now 3 days
Queen Greatest Hits II UK CD album (CDLP) CDP7979712 PARLOPHONE 1991 USD $15.97 Buy It Now 3 days
QUEEN Greatest Hits II LP UK 1st EMI 1991 PMTV-22 Rare! EX+ USD $76.70 Buy It Now 4 days
Queen - Greatest Hits Ii NEW LP USD $29.71 Buy It Now 4 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II (CD 1991) Freddie Mercury; David Bowie USD $2.54 [0 bids]
QUEEN-GREATEST HITS II-RARE CROATIAN MUSIC CASSETTE '91 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
QUEEN "GREATEST HITS II" JAPAN SHM-CD JEWEL CASE 2011 UICY-15002 *SEALED* USD $32.00 Buy It Now 4 days
QUEEN GREATEST HITS II 1st EMI UK 2LP 1991 w/ INNERs A2/B5/A2/B3 Freddie Mercury USD $63.92 Buy It Now 4 days
Queen: Greatest Hits II (2LPs: 180GV) USD $38.97 Buy It Now 4 days
Queen /Greatest Hits II Parlophone/ Cdp 79 7971 2 Album USD $14.82 Buy It Now 4 days
Queen /Greatest Hits II Emi Cdp 79 7971 2) USD $14.87 Buy It Now 4 days
Queen /Greatest Hits II Parlophone/ Cdp 79 7971 2) USD $14.82 Buy It Now 4 days
cd - Queen - Greatest Hits I & II ... [2 CDs ... 34 songs] USD $8.00 [8 bids]
QUEEN-GREATEST HITS I-II & III- 3 CD METAL BOX 35/100 USD $835.50 Buy It Now 4 days
QUEEN GREATEST HITS II Headlong-Innuendo-Radio Ga Ga-Under Pressure VGC USD $4.46 [0 bids]
Queen Greatest Hits II UK CD USD $5.10 Buy It Now 5 days
QUEEN Greatest Hits II JAPAN CD TOCP-65862 2001 NEW USD $52.19 Buy It Now 5 days
Queen ?- Greatest Hits Vol II Cassette Album USD $1.27 [0 bids]
Queen - Queen Greatest Hits II (LP) [New Vinyl] USD $10.50 [3 bids]
Queen ?- Greatest Hits II (C218) USD $18.14 Buy It Now 5 days
QUEEN GREATEST HITS II - Music CD - 1991 - Parlophone - VERY RARE - VG USD $16.50 Buy It Now 6 days
Queen: Greatest Hits I II & III - Remastered (CD) USD $32.34 Buy It Now 6 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II Europe 2LP 1991 FOC /4* USD $39.99 Buy It Now 6 days
QUEEN GREATEST HITS II VOL 2 SEALED CD REMASTER 2011 USD $3.57 Buy It Now 6 days
Greatest Hits: I II & III: The Platinum Collection [Box] by Queen (CD, Sep-2002) USD $21.50 [2 bids]
The Platinum Collection: Greatest Hits I, II & III Queen USD $49.99 Buy It Now 6 days
QUEEN - Greatest Hits II (1991 17 trk CD) Freddie Mercury, Brian May USD $4.46 [0 bids]
Queen - Greatest Hits II - Long Play Cd USD $2.48 [0 bids]
Queen - Greatest Hits II - VG+/VG+/VG+ CD USD $6.71 Buy It Now 6 days
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II - CD - NEW USD $16.70 Buy It Now 6 days
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II - CD - NEW USD $17.09 Buy It Now 6 days
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II - CD - NEW USD $17.65 Buy It Now 6 days
QUEEN Greatest Hits I & II JAPAN CD TOCP-65056 1998 USD $31.41 Buy It Now 6 days
QUEEN GREATEST HITS II CASSETTE TAPE PARLOPHONE EMI UK 1991 USD $12.77 Buy It Now 7 days
QUEEN The Platinum Collection: Greatest Hits I, II & III Box set CD New Sealed USD $31.70 Buy It Now 7 days
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $11.12 Buy It Now 7 days
Greatest Hits II Queen CD USD $33.87 Buy It Now 7 days
Queen "Greatest Hits II" LPX2 2016 Hollywood Records Factory Sealed USA USD $34.95 Buy It Now 7 days
QUEEN GREATEST HITS II LONG PLAY CD CD: USD $13.65 Buy It Now 7 days
Queen Greatest Hits Vols I & II CD Album Box Set UK USD $245.82 Buy It Now 7 days
QUEEN_Greatest Hits II_used CD_ships from AUSTRALIA__A20 USD $8.71 Buy It Now 8 days
Used 12" 2xLP M- Queen Greatest Hits II 1991 Parlophone UK Import PMTV 2 USD $89.77 Buy It Now 8 days
Greatest Hits II (2011 Remaster) Queen Audio CD USD $24.38 Buy It Now 8 days
Greatest Hits I II & III The Platinum Collection 3CD Box set Queen Audio CD New USD $71.81 Buy It Now 9 days
QUEEN : Greatest Hits II Album Limited Edition Phonecard + Folder Unused 1998 USD $51.08 Buy It Now 9 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II Europe 2LP 1991 + Innerbag /4* USD $37.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Queen ?- Greatest Hits II - David Bowie (Box C108) USD $10.88 Buy It Now 9 days
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II - Japan Jewel Case SHM - CD 4988005643339 USD $48.80 Buy It Now 9 days
QUEEN - Framed CD Presentation Disc Display USD $20.44 Buy It Now 9 days
QUEEN GREATEST HITS I + II 1994 JAPAN 2 CD 4400yen TOCP USD $39.99 Buy It Now 10 days
QUEEN Greatest Hits I II III The Platinum Collection 3CD SOUTH AFRICA Remastered USD $24.99 Buy It Now 10 days
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II NEW CD USD $17.64 Buy It Now 10 days
QUEEN / Greatest Hits II SHM-CD Bonus track Japan USD $25.00 Buy It Now 11 days
ULTRA RARE: Queen Platinum Collection Greatest Hits I, II, III (1 2 3) Long Box USD $51.14 Buy It Now 11 days
QUEEN - Greatest Hits II 15 Track KOREA rare CD USD $100.00 Buy It Now 11 days
Queen - Greatest Hits Vol.2 II (CD 1991) USD $7.01 Buy It Now 11 days
QUEEN : Greatest Hits II - 20th Anniversary Promotional Promo Booklet USD $19.12 Buy It Now 11 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II - UK CD album 1991 USD $7.66 Buy It Now 12 days
Greatest Hits: I II & III: The Platinum Collection by Queen (SHM-3CD),2011 Unive USD $215.00 Buy It Now 12 days
QUEEN Greatest Hits II CD 1991 Parlophone Colombia Freddie Mercury NM USD $36.25 Buy It Now 12 days
QUEEN GREATEST HITS II Album Music Japan CDs Used F/S USD $32.05 Buy It Now 12 days
Queen Symphonic The Greatest Hits II New Sealed USD $15.28 Buy It Now 12 days
QUEEN Greatest Hits II JAPAN CD NEW USD $68.01 Buy It Now 13 days
QUEEN Greatest Hits II DBL LP 2011 issue NEAR-MINT USD $30.69 Buy It Now 13 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II (1991) USD $12.77 Buy It Now 13 days
Queen - Greatest Hits II (CD 2011 release) MINT/EX 602527583655 USD $6.12 Buy It Now 13 days
QUEEN: Greatest Hits I & II (RARE 25th Anniversary 1998 JAPAN 2CD TOCP-65056-57) USD $109.62 Buy It Now 13 days
Queen-Greatest Hits I, II & III/The Platinum Collection(3CD) 2011 Remastered New USD $37.99 Buy It Now 13 days
QUEEN-GREATEST HITS II VINYL LP NEW USD $35.03 Buy It Now 14 days
QUEEN Greatest Hits I II & III The Platinum Colle JAPAN CD UICY-76631/3 2014 NEW USD $268.41 Buy It Now 14 days
Queen 1991 Greatest Hits II EMI Music Taiwan OBI 17 Track Cassette Tape Album USD $39.99 Buy It Now 15 days

More places to buy QUEEN music online Buy QUEEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

QUEEN Greatest Hits II ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(14%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(46%)

QUEEN Greatest Hits II reviews

Review by clarke2001
3 stars In 1981, "Greatest Hits" covered first decade of QUEEN's career. The songs chosen for compilation were all hits, not necessary band's highest-quality songs. In 1991 "Greatest Hits II" hit the market, and this time the terms "best" or "hit" became one. Simply because the second decade of Queen's career was not on the same level as the first one. The selection is quite good, from all the albums 3 or 4 tracks are picked (except from the weakest "Hot Space"), and if you are unfamiliar with the Queen's not-so-early-works and want to check them out, but don't want to dig through the albums, this compilation is just fine. You will miss one, two or three proggier tracks that Queen did in the 80s, but essential work is here: ballads, anthems, rock tunes and prog masterpiece - Innuendo.

Almost all the tracks are slightly different from their album version, most of them are single versions, and "I'm Going Slightly Mad" and "Who Wants To Live Forever" are slightly edited.

Two weakest tracks in this selection are "Headlong" and "The Invisible Man" (although both gained high chart positions, "Headlong" #14 in 1991, and "The Invisible Man" #12 in 1989). However, it's obvious that compilation was made for earning extra money, and expecting high-quality (progressive), non-charting tracks (like "Machines" or "Chinese Torture") would be too much. Anyway, I'm glad that awful hit "Body Language" (#25 in 1982) is not included.

Conclusion: "Greatest Hits II" is better representation of the corresponding decade than it's predecessor. The problem is, if you decide to give QUEEN a go, you will realise that essence of each album has been stolen by this huge, luxury, double LP.

I will always recommend albums rather than compilations, and this one is okay if you are willing just to lurk into the 80's and perhaps place it next to the early Queen's masterpieces.

Review by progrules
3 stars Like I did on the first greatest hits collection I will review this song by song with ratings. Reasons see GH 1.

1. A kind of magic: 2,5 stars

14. Hammer to fall: 4,5 stars

15. Friends will be friends: 3,75 stars

16. Show must go on: 4,25 stars

17. One vision: 4,25 stars

So that makes GH 2 a far better compiliation than GH 1. Even though that will not be noticeable in the rounded off ratingresult. Because this appears to be a 3,4 rounded down to 3 also. Special note: though maybe not the best, the 9th and 16th song are most impressive lyricwise and probably also in historical and emotional way. For obvious reasons I think. Overall conclusion about the two major collections: I like Queen best when they play the rougher songs, I think they would have made a great (hard)rockband. But as we know Queen chose a different path and it has proved to be the wise one (at least commercially).

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars Queen's pop sound.

An inconsistent compilation following on from the excellent "Greatest Hits" from 1981. This time the tracks are embedded in the 80s and suffer as a result as Queen goes synth pop. There are some catchy singles that dominated the radio admittedly that I have time for such as infectious 'A Kind Of Magic', the wonderful 'Under Pressure' with Bowie, blockbuster 'I Want It All', and the masterfully produced 'One Vision', all classic tracks that epitomised the new Queen sound.

However my heart is entrenched in the prog sound of Queen and it does not get better here than with the awesome 'Innuendo'. This is the greatest song here and may even be in the top 3 all time great Queen songs. It is well while grabbing this to hear the song if you do not own the album "Innuendo".

Other highlights are 'Hammer to Fall', the best thing on "The Works" and 'The Show Must Go On'. Other tracks tend to blend together and are dull to my ears though cleverly produced and mixed. The manufactured pop of 'Radio Ga Ga', and 'I Want To Break Free' is a stale taste but there is enough on offer on the album to maintain interest such as 'Breakthru', 'The Miracle', and 'I'm Going Slightly Mad' with Mercury at his most theatrical.

Overall this is a good compilation with some excellent material from the later Queen years.

2 stars There are a few good songs scattered here and there throughout this compilation, but overall it shows a very commercialised approach to music. 'Hammer to Fall' is top quality rock and 'Under Pressure' and 'Radio Ga Ga' are true classics, but the rest just fails to impress. There is an element of ... (read more)

Report this review (#165076) | Posted by burtonrulez | Wednesday, March 26, 2008 | Review Permanlink

2 stars since the 80's was not such a good decade for Queen's discoraphy, consequently, a collection from their work of this period is a mediocre one... the selection is good but the songs themselves are not that much... this is the pop side of the band, sth that disappointed many fans, including me.. ... (read more)

Report this review (#85909) | Posted by toolis | Sunday, August 6, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of QUEEN "Greatest Hits II"