INDIVIDUAL CHOICE

Jean-Luc Ponty

Jean-Luc  Ponty Individual Choice album cover

Buy JEAN-LUC PONTY Music
Studio Album, released in 1983

1. Computer Incantations for World Peace (5:40)
2. Far from the Beaten Paths (5:58)
3. In Spiritual Love (7:00)
4. Eulogy to Oscar Romero (2:34)
5. Nostalgia (5:00)
6. Individual Choice (4:56)
7. In Spite of All (5:57)

Search JEAN-LUC PONTY Individual Choice lyrics

Search JEAN-LUC PONTY Individual Choice tabs

- Randy "The Emperor" Jackson / Guitar (Bass)
- Ray Griffin / Percussion, Drums
- George Duke / Synthesizer
- Allan Holdsworth / Guitar (Electric)
- Jean-Luc Ponty / Violin, Keyboards, Main Performer, Vocals, Producer

1992 CD Atlantic 80098-2
1984 LP Polydor 5138
1992 CS Atlantic 80098-4

Thanks to ivan_2068 for the addition
and to The Quiet One for the last updates

JEAN-LUC PONTY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy JEAN-LUC PONTY Individual Choice Music

JEAN-LUC PONTY - 12" lp album - INDIVIDUAL CHOICE USD $4.99 [0 bids]
USD $6.49 Buy It Now
Jean-Luc Ponty LP Individual Choice USD $3.00 [0 bids]
Individual Choice - Jean-Luc Ponty (Cassette 1983) NM USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Individual Choice - Ponty, Jean-Luc; 1983 West Germany, Atlantic Records USD $0.99 [0 bids]
USD $9.99 Buy It Now
JEAN-LUC PONTY - INDIVIDUAL CHOICE - ATLANTIC RECORDS LP USD $8.50 Buy It Now 1 day
JEAN-LUC PONTY, INDIVIDUAL CHOICE, 80098-1 STEREO LP; NEAR MINT, ORIG.SLEEVE USD $2.99 [0 bids]
Individual Choice Jean Luc Ponty LP Atlantic 80098-1 VG USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Jean-Luc Ponty - Individual Choice. LP 1st Press - 1983 US - Atlantic 80098-1 USD $3.49 [0 bids]
Jean-Luc Ponty / Individual Choice, Japan LP, Promo White Label, Low Sale!!! USD $7.99 [1 bids]
JEAN LUC PONTY Individual Choice LP 7 Track UK Polydor 1983 USD $11.85 Buy It Now 3 days
Individual Choice by Jean-Luc Ponty (CD, Nov-1983, Rhino (Label)) USD $8.00 [0 bids]
USD $10.40 Buy It Now
Jean-Luc Ponty Individual Choice Atlantic Records 80098-1 USD $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Jean-Luc Ponty - Individual Choice - Jazz LP SEALED USD $11.99 Buy It Now 5 days
"INDIVIDUAL CHOICE".....JEAN-LUC PONTY...LP......EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $2.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Individual Choice - Jean-Luc Ponty - Atlantic 80098-1 (999) USD $8.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Individual Choice by Jean-Luc Ponty (CD, Nov-1983, Rhino) BRAND NEW SEALED USD $49.98 Buy It Now 8 days
JEAN-LUC PONTY INDIVIDUAL CHOICE LP 592 USD $8.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Jean-Luc Ponty Individual Choice 1983 Atlantic 80098 George Duke Randy Jackson USD $9.80 Buy It Now 11 days
JEAN-LUC PONTY Individual Choice LP 1983 EX Holdsworth USD $9.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Individual Choice by Jean-Luc Ponty - made in W-Germany by PolyGram USD $16.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Individual Choice by Jean-Luc Ponty, Atlantic OOP, ROCK/JAZZ-FUSION/Zappa USD $8.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Individual Choice by Jean-Luc Ponty vg++/vg++ Atlantic LP Jazz USD $9.95 Buy It Now 15 days
JEAN LUC PONTY "INDIVIDUAL CHOICE" GERMAN IMPORT ZAPPA ALLEN HOLDSWORTH N MINT USD $11.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Jean-Luc Ponty . Individual Choice . 1983 . EX . Atlantic A1 80098 12" LP Tested USD $5.99 Buy It Now 15 days
JEAN-LUC PONTY Individual Choice Atlantic 1983 Jazz Fusion USD $5.00 Buy It Now 15 days
Individual Choice by Jean-Luc Ponty (Cassette, Nov-1983, Rhino (Label)) USD $6.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Individual Choice, Ponty, Jean-Luc, Good Original recording remastered USD $22.04 Buy It Now 17 days
Individual Choice - Ponty, Jean-Luc USD $25.48 Buy It Now 17 days
Jean Luc Ponty Individual Choice Vinyl Record LP VG/EX USD $5.98 Buy It Now 19 days
JEAN-LUC PONTY: Individual Choice LP (small toc, slight cover wear) Rock USD $12.00 Buy It Now 22 days
Jean-Luc Ponty ex LP Individual Choice USD $5.49 Buy It Now 23 days
JEAN LUC PONTY - INDIVIDUAL CHOICE - ATLANTIC 1983 VINYL LP ALBUM USD $2.49 Buy It Now 24 days
NM 1983 Jean-Luc Ponty / Individual Choice LP USD $5.50 Buy It Now 26 days
Jean Luc Ponty - Individual Choice {80098-1} **PROMO** USD $4.00 Buy It Now 27 days
Jean Luc Ponty Individual choice Venezuela Prog Jazz Rock Electronic PERU USD $14.99 Buy It Now 27 days
Jean-Luc Ponty : Individual Choice (1983) CD USD $12.90 Buy It Now 28 days
Jean-Luc Ponty : Individual Choice CD (1990) USD $10.00 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy JEAN-LUC PONTY music online Buy JEAN-LUC PONTY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for JEAN-LUC PONTY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

JEAN-LUC PONTY Individual Choice ratings distribution

JEAN-LUC PONTY Individual Choice reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars Mr Ponty is Now Going Individual .

Having been totally satisfied with his previous album "Mystical Adventures", I would had expected something much better album. What I got was something excellent but less dynamic musically than the previous one. Not only that, in total album package this one is less superior than "Mystical Adventures". As a music customer, am I wrong? Well, you know it my friends that in any business, the customer is king and the customer demands and needs are ever increasing. This applied to me when I purchased "Individual Choice" before I had a chance to spin it. My first impression, I was just a bit disappointed because the art work was not as fantastic as "Mystical Adventures". I don't mean that his face is terrible (in fact he is handsome!); but how come you have wonderful music but you just put your face as album cover? It's artistically wrong, Mr. Ponty. I was still okay with "Enigmatic Ocean" because by that time there was not such thing as "Mystical Adventures" or "Cosmic Messenger" coming out in the market. OK, whatever the case, I accept it because as the name of the album implies, I respect your "individual" decision. So Mr Ponty is going individual now. Let's see how the music sounds ..

The album kicks off with "Computer Incantations for World Peace" (5:40) which sounds to me the modernization of Ponty music with some sorts of programming, using synthesizer which he plays by himself. It's an individual choice, off course. What I hear here is the sounds of synthesizer in preprogrammed rhythm section, accompanying the violin solo. "Far from the Beaten Paths" (5:58) is my favorite track with great violin solo on top of music that is dominated with bass sounds and continuous flow of rhythm section. It reminds me to Ponty's "Mirage". Other tracks like "In Spiritual Love" (7:00) and "In Spite of All" (5:57) demonstrate how Ponty is a virtuoso composer as well as violin player. I also love "Eulogy to Oscar Romero" (2:34) and "Nostalgia" (5:00). To my surprise, "Individual Choice" (4:56) is not I thought that is gonna be a long violin solo without music. In fact this track can be said as the most dynamic of this album in terms of changes of styles etc.

At album level, I can only say that this album explores further on Ponty's violin virtuosity through many solo in almost each song - compared to previous albums like "Enigmatic Ocean" with many soloists. Allan Holdsworth only contributes two tracks "Nostalgia" and "In Spite Of All". At this album Ponty does not give a lot of chance for other soloists than what he performs. It's OK, as this is an INDIVIDUAL CHOICE.

Overall, I consider this album still as an excellent addition to any prog music collection. For me personally, this is not the best albums by Ponty. I would go for "Enigmatic Ocean", "Mystical Adventures", or "Cosmic Messenger" than this one. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#97944) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, November 09, 2006

4 stars The beginning of the downward spiral that Jean-Luc had after peaking with that incredible run of albums from 1975 (post Mahavishnu Orchestra) through 1984. Still a very good album--with truly incredible performances from Ponty, Allan Holdsworth, George Duke, Randy Jackson, and Ray Griffin, but ... (read more)

Report this review (#1324165) | Posted by BrufordFreak | Sunday, December 14, 2014 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Ah, more funky, techno-fusion from Jean-Luc. Will he ever seize to amaze? This record was one of my TOP favorites during an era where I found myself immersed in college studies and during a time when life-changing decisions were thrust upon me. It also happens to be one of the albums my wife a ... (read more)

Report this review (#251902) | Posted by wbiphoto | Friday, November 20, 2009 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This album was my first experience with the sound of Jean-Luc Ponty, when I had 15 years old in 1994. There's no doubt the high quality of this album!!!! Here, the eletronic music was perfect with a modern jazz and the creative force was strong!!! Congratulations, Mister Ponty!!!! "Individual ... (read more)

Report this review (#93735) | Posted by | Sunday, October 08, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of JEAN-LUC PONTY "Individual Choice"