THE GIFT OF TIME

Good, but non-essential

Buy JEAN-LUC PONTY Music
Studio Album, released in 1987

1. Prologue (1:01)
2. New Resolutions (4:47)
3. Faith in You (4:46)
4. No More Doubts (4:47)
5. Between Sea and Sky (5:04)
6. Metamorphosis (5:51)
7. Introspective Perceptions (7:30)
8. Gift of Time (5:05)

Search JEAN-LUC PONTY The Gift of Time lyrics

Search JEAN-LUC PONTY The Gift of Time tabs

- Jean-Luc Ponty / synthesizer, bass, percussion, drums, violin, main performer, producer
- Pat Thomi / guitar (acoustic), guitar
- Baron Browne / bass
- Rayford Griffin / percussion, drums

LP Columbia 40983 (1987)
CS Columbia FCT-40983 (1991)
CD Columbia CK-40983 (1991)

Thanks to ivan_2068 for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

JEAN-LUC PONTY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy JEAN-LUC PONTY The Gift of Time Music

Jean-Luc Ponty, Jean-Luc Ponty, Gift of Time Audio CD. In very good condition. USD $6.99 [0 bids]
USD $9.99 Buy It Now
JEAN LUC PONTY Gift Of Time LP 8 Track (4604361) UK Cbs 1987 USD $15.69 Buy It Now 2 days
RARE CD Jean Luc Ponty Selected Stories From Storytelling and The Gift of Time USD $9.99 [0 bids]
USD $19.99 Buy It Now
JEAN-LUC PONTY "THE GIFT OF TIME" ULTRA-RARE ORIGINAL JAPANESE PROMO SEALED CD! USD $29.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Gift of Time by Jean-Luc Ponty (CD, Oct-1987, Columbia (USA)) Mint #DR45 USD $6.43 Buy It Now 7 days
Jean-Luc Ponty The Gift Of Time 1987 + Press Kit Fusion Jazz Columbia C 40983 USD $34.80 Buy It Now 8 days
JEAN-LUC PONTY the gift of time for 60436 1 1A1/2B1 cbs 1987 LP PS EX/EX USD $22.33 Buy It Now 8 days
Jean-Luc Ponty - The Gift Of Time CASSETTE ©1987 Columbia Records JAZZ FUSION USD $17.00 Buy It Now 9 days
JEAN-LUC PONTY - The Gift of Time LP (US Pressing on COLUMBIA) MINT-- USD $19.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Jean-Luc Ponty, Jean-Luc Ponty, Gift of Time Audio CD USD $9.99 Buy It Now 12 days
"THE GIFT OF TIME" JEAN-LUC PONTY LP NEAR MINT FAST SHIPPING USD $9.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Jean-Luc Ponty . The Gift Of Time . 1987 . EX . Columbia FC 40983 . 12" LP Jazz USD $3.99 Buy It Now 16 days
Jean-Luc Ponty - The Gift Of Time (Cbs) Lp USD $11.95 Buy It Now 20 days
JEAN-LUC PONTY (THE GIFT OF TIME) Original 1987 Jazz CD - 8 Trax USD $6.99 Buy It Now 23 days
Jean-luc Ponty - Gift Of Time (1987) - Used - Compact Disc USD $1.32 Buy It Now 24 days
LOT Of 2 Jean-luc Ponty Records; More Han Ever Meets Ear Gatefold, Gift Of Time USD $6.99 Buy It Now 27 days
RARE PROMO ONLY Jean Luc Ponty CD Storytelling & The Gift Of Time SAMPLER 1989 ! USD $8.00 Buy It Now 27 days
Ponty, Jean-Luc Gift of Time CD USD $4.29 Buy It Now 27 days
NEW Jean Luc Ponty Selected Storytelling and The Gift Of Time Promotional CD USD $21.69 Buy It Now 28 days

More places to buy JEAN-LUC PONTY music online Buy JEAN-LUC PONTY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for JEAN-LUC PONTY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

JEAN-LUC PONTY The Gift of Time ratings distribution

JEAN-LUC PONTY The Gift of Time reviews

Review by b_olariu
3 stars After a very succesful period in mid to late '70s and aswell in early '80s, this famous musician recorded in 1987 The gift of time. Well, even the album is quite ok, in perfect JLP tradition, is little pale in comparation with Mystical adventure for instance. The sound is in places very flat, but some compositions from here save the album to be just an ordinary album from that period , when most of the listners were towards hard/heavy. Pieces like New Resolutions, Between Sea and Sky or the title track are perfect examples of JLP jazz fusion smothness from that period. The violin is simple but well performed, the pieces are no longer very elaborated, but not simple for sure either.. The album has that '80 production, but is not a bad thing, is ok nothing more. The melodic lines are ok, the musicianship aswell ok, only that overall the album doesn't get to the greatness of Mystical or Enigmatic ocean. To me was a pleasent release, who desearves 3 stars easy, good but nothing really awesome.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#840005) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, October 18, 2012

Review by Gatot
3 stars From my personal music experience I found the music of Jean Luc Ponty through a cassette (Yess) that my brother owned titled "Cosmic Messenger" sometime in 1979 during my entry point at university. My first reaction was that the music really excellent especially on the harmony of organ, violin and basslines. Since then I always chased other albums by JLP like "Imaginary Voyage", "Enigmatic Ocean", "Mystical Adventures", "Individual Choice" and only lately I purchased the cassettes of "Open Mind", "Civilized Evil" and "The Gift of Time". It does not represent that I am a huge fan of JLP because he actually has produced many albums since his debut in 1964 through "Jazz Long Playing". Well, at first I did not actually consider him as a jazz player but the fact is like that.

Couple of days ago I only got the cassette tape of "The Gifft of Time" Yess version and it's my first time listening this album. The music is really different with what I have known so far about JLP through "Cosmic Messenger", "The Mystical Adventures" or "Enigmatic Ocean" but I do still enjoy the music. There is no track like "Rhythm of Hopes" right here but for sure I sill enjoy the violin work as well as some tight bass lines by Baron Browne whom I have never heard the name before but he plays very good here. My favorite is "Between Sean and Sky" which represents Ponty's jazz skills blended with some flavor of progressive music as well. As you might have predicted that Metamorphosis as the title implies has the kind of ambient music that sounds like explaining the metamorphosis process.

Other tracks that come into my attention are "Introspective Perception" and the title track "The Gift of Time". Both represent how Jean Luc Ponty expresses his skills in violin into the music rhythm section that flows nicely from start to end. There are no segments that represent drastic change in style and tempo like typical progressive music. However, this album is still recommended to those who love jazz-based music like this one.

Overall I can conclude that this album represents a well balanced music composition blending the jazz components with some progressive elements - even though nat that intensive. If you like violin music like Didier Lockwood etc, I think this album deserves your attention. Keep on proggin' ...!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#1019780) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 17, 2013

4 stars beautiful album... is amazing voyage, ok not is "enigmati ocean", but is soft... a soundtrack for a good day in your life... is album with excellent band, this recorded is very good, the sound of violin is simple for my ears and complicate for my hands (!!!), if one day see this album try listen ... (read more)

Report this review (#55782) | Posted by | Thursday, November 10, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of JEAN-LUC PONTY "The Gift of Time"