HERETIK VOLUME I: BODY OF ACCUSATIONS

Nathan Mahl

Nathan Mahl Heretik Volume I: Body of Accusations album cover

Buy NATHAN MAHL Music
Studio Album, released in 2000

1. When All Was Well (1:46)
2. Heretik Part I (21:19)
3. Heretik Part II (4:17)
4. Crimen Excepta (5:45)
5. Heretik Part III (11:01)
6. Carpe Diem (15:06)

- Alain Bergeron / drums
- Natasha LeBlanc / recorder

Mahl Productions NMA 006 - 2000

and to Geck0 for the last updates

NATHAN MAHL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NATHAN MAHL Heretik Volume I: Body of Accusations Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Heretik V.2: the TrialHeretik V.2: the Trial
Marq
JustifyJustify
Unicorn Digital Inc. 2014
ExodusExodus
Unicorn Digital 2009
Heretik - Volume One, Body Of AccusationsHeretik - Volume One, Body Of Accusations
HERECTIC VOL.3 -THE SENTENCE-HERECTIC VOL.3 -THE SENTENCE-
Mahl Productions 1982
Shadows UnboundShadows Unbound
シzャスfィOァイシzャスfィOァイ
MARQUEE

More places to buy NATHAN MAHL music online Buy NATHAN MAHL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NATHAN MAHL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NATHAN MAHL Heretik Volume I: Body of Accusations ratings distribution

NATHAN MAHL Heretik Volume I: Body of Accusations reviews

Review by loserboy
4 stars NATHAN MAHL have been producing some of Canada's most refined progressive rock over the past few years. "Heretik Volume 1 - Body Of Accusations" as it is fully titled marks the first in what appears to be a bit of a conceptual story to be unveiled over time by the magic of NATHAN MAHL. "Heretik" blends all the complexities exuded in their earlier work with some new grand progressive rock influences. Band leader Guy Leblanc's keyboard work is simply fabulous with some simply mesmerizing musical moments. Fresh from his experience in playing keyboards for CAMEL, Canada's Guy Leblanc has written and composed a real gem here with "Heretik". Highly thoughtful and highly professional complex prog rock with some great keyboard, guitar, bass and drum interplay. Vocals are handled by Leblanc himself which are quite acceptable, but it is the instrumental work where NATHAN MAHL really shine and one takes note. NATHAN MAHL play a highly complex symphonic neo - prog rock which always sounds fresh and never flat. "Heretik" marks another huge installment in NATAHN MAHL's growing discography. Get this album !

Send comments to loserboy (BETA) | Report this review (#5027) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, March 19, 2004

Review by lor68
4 stars First of all I want to point out immediately that there's a certain discontinuity, talking about the ideas of the founder keyboardist of this "prolific" band: well don't get me wrong, the preliminary chapter of this trilogy works quite well, nevertheless its unique defect is represented by the present tracks, which perhaps sometimes introduce a certain profusion of similar themes and that's the problem regarding also the third chapter of the story!!Secondly I think of the only concept album -being never boring- represented also by a long stunning suite,which is never tiring: that's "Four Raiders of the Apocalypse" by Dice for example; or if you prefer, consider also something more accessible, another must have album like the mythical "Thick as a Brick" by Jethro Tull and for sure that material is superior... it let me be perplex , nevertheless the present issue, a mix between such a symphonic music and a fusion genre too,often is well arranged and in the vein of a couple of works by Jean Pascal Boffo for example (do you remember his "Rituel"?!)!! In some circumstances only you can find an uneven stuff and that's the unique controversial question if you are not able to keep your concentration on the concept. However,certainly, the dialogues inside the booklet- concerning the last episode of the trilogy- will make the listener follow the development of the story more easily; but here, by forgetting the repetition of some music themes only (which should make it deserve an inferior score) you can follow anyway the good output of such Nathan Mahl's lush keyboards by Guy Le Blanc, like watching a movie... moreover this fact is important for whom is not already into their complex stuff!!

Have a good listen, if you are into the instrumental albums!!

Send comments to lor68 (BETA) | Report this review (#5028) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Review by slipperman
2 stars 2.5 stars.

I can't help but come away with respect for Nathan Mahl after laying ears on this album. But I can't say they've got another fan either. I purchased this album blind, liking some of the descriptions and reviews I'd read. But it's a letdown, as I was expecting something different.

The major flaw here is not the playing, as that is clearly of a high standard. It's the production that I can hardly get past. Guitars are thin and powerless, and the drums sound like "drums" (ie. stiff and artificial, like a drum machine). Even the keyboards, which take most of the main melodies, sound more Casio than Korg. Despite a good degree of influence from '70s jazzrock/prog, there's also too much neo-prog here, a sub-genre I can do without (the beginning of "Heretik Part II" is but one sour spot). More '80s Camel than '70s Camel, if you know what I mean. I also hear some late '80s era Rush (more in sonic terms than performance, as Nahan Mahl are much more into noodling than Rush were then). Of note are the vocals in the middle of "Heretik Part I", uncannily like '90s era Peter Hammill...almost cloned even, but who better to emulate?

Plenty of good playing, great ambition too (songs are lengthy) but nothing sticks very well and the recording is simply awful. Those dirty, "imperfect" early '70s recordings all sound better than this. When it comes to mostly-instrumental jazz-rock, look toward Mahavishnu Orchestra, Secret Oyster, Brand X, Return To Forever and Bruford. Against those, Nathan Mahl, at least this album, may be disappointing to you too.

Send comments to slipperman (BETA) | Report this review (#50180) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Post a review of NATHAN MAHL "Heretik Volume I: Body of Accusations"