JONATHAN

6. Stormy Days
7. Melotary

- Helmut Grab / Minimoog, Rhodes, Roland, Solina
- Peter Garattoni / drums

LP AAR label's AAR 5052 (1978)
LP Bellaphon BBS 2583 (1978)

Buy JONATHAN Jonathan Music

JONATHAN BUTLER THERE'S ONE BORN EVERY MINUTE 7" SINGLE 1988 N/MINT USD $2.42 Buy It Now
Jonathan Miller - King of All - Jonathan Miller CD XOVG The Fast Free Shipping USD $23.48 Buy It Now
JONATHAN BUTLER - SELF TITLED 2 x LP 1987 JIVE BARELY PLAYED NEAR MINT USD $19.02 Buy It Now
Jonathan Edwards - Sailboat LP vinyl record VG+/EX USD $2.99 Buy It Now
JONATHAN BUTLER-SARAH. SARAH: THE ANTHOLOGY-IMPORT 2 CD WITH JAPAN OBI F51 USD $25.99 Buy It Now
JONATHAN KELLY-S/T-IMPORT MINI LP CD WITH JAPAN OBI Ltd/Ed G09 USD $27.99 Buy It Now
JONATHAN NOTT &...-STRAVINSKY: THE RITE OF SPRING /...-JAPAN SACD HYBRID H40 USD $32.99 Buy It Now
JONATHAN KELLY'S OUTSIDE / .WAITING ON YOU MINI LP CD NEW SEALED USD $23.99 Buy It Now
Jonathan Antoine-Believe (UK IMPORT) VINYL NEW USD $20.13 Buy It Now
Jonathan Silk - Fragment (NEW CD) USD $15.26 Buy It Now
Jonathan Dove - There Was A Child (NEW CD) USD $16.53 Buy It Now
Light & Shade Japan Promo Vinyl LP C86 Smiths Wyatt Microdisney Jonathan Richman USD $79.99 Buy It Now
JONATHAN LUNDBERG-ITERATIONS-JAPAN SHM-CD F83 USD $26.99 Buy It Now
Jonathan Cavier-Blue Room (Remix) CD NEW USD $16.93 Buy It Now
JONATHAN LEVY-YONATAN-JAPAN CD F30 USD $24.99 Buy It Now
JONATHAN BUTLER-JONATHAN BUTLER -JAPAN CD B63 USD $12.99 Buy It Now
Jonathan Edwards (Capricorn 862) (with "Sunshine") (gatefold cover) (of Orphan) USD $19.99 Buy It Now
LP< USD $14.00 Buy It Now
JONATHAN KNOTT & THE TOKYO...-SHOSTAKOVICH:SYMPHONY NO. 10-JAPAN SACD HYBRID H40 USD $32.99 Buy It Now
JONATHAN NOTT & TOKYO...-BRUCKNER: SYMPHONY NO. 5-JAPAN SACD HYBRID H40 USD $32.99 Buy It Now
JONATHAN EDWARDS-LIVE !-JAPAN CD F04 USD $23.99 Buy It Now
RUBY TURNER WITH JONATHAN BUTLER If You're Ready / Won't Cry No More 45 USD $7.24 Buy It Now
Jonathan King Creations & Relations CD Album 1997 SUMCD 4129 GREAT COND RARE OOP USD $20.35 Buy It Now
THE EIGHT SEASONS THE SCOTTISH ENSEMBLE JONATHAN MORTON ( CD 2011 ) USD $3.55 [0 bids]
JONATHAN KNOTT & HE TOKYO...-BRUCKNER: SYMPHONY NO.8-JAPAN SACD HYBRID H40 USD $32.99 Buy It Now
JONATHAN LEMALU / ROGER VIGNOLES - SONGS - 2002 CD USD $7.27 Buy It Now
Black Labyrinth Jonathan Davis (Audio CD) May 25, 2018. USD $18.25 Buy It Now
JONATHAN MAYER - OUT OF GENRE [DIGIPAK] USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $17.90 Buy It Now
JONATHAN BOULET We Keep The Beat Found The Sound See The Need Start CD USD $7.41 Buy It Now
Jonathan Butler "Holding on" 7" vinyl single USD $1.72 [0 bids]
JONATHAN BOULET Self Titled CD - Like New USD $9.27 Buy It Now
JONATHAN WILSON - FANFARE CD NEW+ USD $20.51 Buy It Now
JONATHAN KING 'EVERYONE'S GONE TO THE MOON' UK 7" SINGLE USD $2.53 Buy It Now
JONATHAN KING 'ONE FOR YOU, ONE FOR ME' UK 7" SINGLE USD $2.53 Buy It Now
Jonathan Edwards 45 Sunshine CAPRICORN PROMO USD $10.00 Buy It Now
45 RPM JONATHAN EDWARDS - Sunshine / Emma G+/VG - #4 SMASH HIT USD $2.95 Buy It Now
Jonathan Kelly - 'Wait Till They Change Backdrop' 1973 UK RCA LP gatefold. Ex! USD $12.71 Buy It Now
Jonathan Bree/You're so Cool/SayYou Love me too/7" white vinyl/Limited to 300 USD $225.00 [0 bids]
Make Room [3/9] by Jonathan McReynolds (CD, Mar-2018, Urban Inspirational) USD $9.25 [0 bids]
USD $12.50 Buy It Now
Jonathan Butler - True Love Never Fails (Vinyl) USD $10.17 Buy It Now
Taiwan EXCLUSIVE CD w/OBI SEALED! Joyce Jonathan 2017 Ca Ira best of hits USD $19.95 Buy It Now
VG+ David & Jonathan Michelle / How Bitter The Taste Of Love 7" 45RPM w/ppr slv USD $1.49 Buy It Now
Jonathan Wilson - Fanfare [New Vinyl LP] 180 Gram USD $25.99 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES MICHELLE DAVID AND JONATHAN RARE 1966 RECORD ITALY 7" PS USD $29.90 Buy It Now
Jonathan Butler - Take Good Care Of Me (Vinyl) USD $10.17 Buy It Now
Wildflowers Byrd, Jonathan Audio CD USD $6.57 Buy It Now
JONATHAN EDWARDS Lucky Day ATCO Stereo VG++/NM- USD $7.66 Buy It Now
15 SMOOTH JAZZ CD's LOT Alan Hewitt,Jonathan Butler,Candy Dulfer,Walter Beasley+ USD $24.99 Buy It Now
JONATHAN RICHMAN - Egyptian Reggae / Dutch Single USD $29.99 Buy It Now
JONATHAN KLUTH - OPHELIA CD NEW+ USD $23.07 Buy It Now
Jonathan Bunney - Die Orgel Von St Giles-in-the-Fie... - Jonathan Bunney CD MMVG USD $42.70 Buy It Now
`Plowright, Jonathan`-`Piano Music, Vol. 4` CD NEW USD $18.70 Buy It Now
Jonathan Edwards, Jo - Complete Original Albums [New CD] USD $13.94 Buy It Now
Energy Awareness Meditations Used - VeryGood ( Audio CD ) FOUST,SUDHIR JONATHAN USD $4.47 Buy It Now
Jonathan McReynolds - Life Music: Stage Two CD NEW USD $20.36 Buy It Now
Jonathan Winters - In Concert LP Vinyl Record Album USD $10.75 Buy It Now
Merlin / Jonathan Wilson-Christmas Organ & Chimes-LP USD $8.48 Buy It Now
JONATHAN KANE SWANS 2005 "February" NEW/SEALED NYC NOISE LP USD $19.95 Buy It Now
JONATHAN DOVE FOR AN UNKNOWN SOLDIER USD $23.45 Buy It Now
JONATHAN BUTLER self titled N Mint Vinyl JIVE 2 LPs 1987 USD $7.50 Buy It Now
Neil Diamond - Jonathan Livingston Seagull 1973 Soundtrack CBS Israel pressing USD $16.99 Buy It Now
Jonathan Ansell - Forever - CD Album - 2008 - 12 Great Tracks USD $3.80 Buy It Now
JONATHAN JEREMIAH - OH DESIRE (180 GR.GATEFOLD MIT ALBUM CD) VINYL LP + CD NEW+ USD $37.30 Buy It Now
It Is Well Songs of faith and comfort Jonathan & Nathan Reed (Piano and Violin) USD $7.98 Buy It Now
JONATHAN JEREMIAH - OH DESIRE CD NEW+ USD $23.93 Buy It Now
JONATHAN BIRCHFIELD GRAFITTI Graduation Song/Blues Power 45 Sounds Of Time hear USD $15.00 Buy It Now
JONATHAN WINTERS, BEST OF MAUDE FRICKERT & ELWOOD - LP[inv-1] USD $6.00 Buy It Now
Jonathan Painchaud - Qu'on Se Leve (CD, 2007, Sphere) USD $6.08 Buy It Now
Jonathan Veira - Pilgrim, Jonathan Veira, Very Good CD USD $1.40 Buy It Now
BLUES & SOUL - No.528 1989 - Etta James - Adeva - Jonathan Butler - Betty Wright USD $9.53 Buy It Now
Sean Rowe-Jonathan-2011 Promo cd single USD $3.82 Buy It Now
JONATHAN WILSON "GENTLE SPIRIT" CD NEW+ USD $23.93 Buy It Now
Jonathan Goldman - Celestial Reiki 2 [New CD] USD $12.09 Buy It Now
THE PIGLETS Johnny Reggae RARE SOUTHAMERICA 7" 33-rpm 1971 Jonathan King USD $19.77 Buy It Now
Jonathan Urie & Helen Steiner Rice, Jonathan Urie - Love [New CD] USD $19.10 Buy It Now
2 CD Lot - Jonathan Butler - Live in South Africa + Jonathan Butler USD $10.99 Buy It Now
GOODLUCK JONATHAN THIS IS OUR WAY OUT Nr MINT CD USD $1.90 Buy It Now 48s
Jonathan Boulet's Gubba CD Album New & Sealed USD $5.08 Buy It Now 6m 44s
1973 JONATHAN LIVINGSTON SEAGULL Richard Harris - Dunhill Records DSD-50160 USD $5.40 Buy It Now 9m 8s
Jonathan Higdon As Long As There Is God CD Very Clean USD $7.95 Buy It Now 18m 20s
SWANS Filth LP NEW vinyl + Poster [Michael Gira Jonathan Kane] USD $21.95 Buy It Now 40m 9s
Jonathan Brielle - Himself & Nora (2016 Off-Broadway Cast Rec (CD Used Like New) USD $15.73 Buy It Now 44m 55s
`JOHANSSON, JONATHAN`-EN HAND I HIMLEN CD NEW USD $15.08 Buy It Now 50m 19s
Jonathan Snipes - Starry Eyes / O.S.T. (Vinyl Used Like New) USD $24.01 Buy It Now 54m 1s
Head to Head by Jonathan Butler (CD, 1994, Mercury) BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED USD $12.45 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Wonderful by Jonathan Hall (CD, Dambla, 1994) [P4] USD $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Jonathan Edwards-Self Titled SD 862 Vinyl Record SD 862 USD $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 6m
PENELOPE SOUNDTRACK, JONATHAN WINTERS NATALIE WOOD - LP USD $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 8m
New: Yvonne Kenny, Jonathan Summers, : Decca Opera: Britten: Gloriana [2 CD] Imp USD $11.98 Buy It Now 1h 20m
CD SINGLE - JONATHAN BUTLER - OVERFLOWING USD $24.18 [0 bids]
GARY JOHNSON / DYLAN GARDNER Split Gold Vinyl Jonathan Richman Tribute 7" 45 S/S USD $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 23m
DYLAN GARDNER / GARY JOHNSON Split Jonathan Richman Gold Vinyl Tribute 7" 45 NEW USD $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 24m
JONATHAN DAVIS of KORN Sealed 2018 BLACK LABYRINTH 2 Split RED VINYL LP 1/750 USD $49.99 Buy It Now 1h 29m
DAVID & JONATHAN Lovers of The World Unite Danish 45PS 1966 USD $12.17 Buy It Now 1h 31m
HOTCHA TRIO Der Onkel Jonathan Danish EP 45PS 1950s USD $15.97 Buy It Now 1h 31m
ADY LUND & FOUR SAILORS Jonathan Danish EP 45PS 1960s USD $12.17 Buy It Now 1h 36m
Jonathan Coulton - Solid State [New Vinyl LP] USD $28.15 Buy It Now 1h 44m
KIRI TE KENAWA SINGS IRVING BERLIN JONATHAN TUNICK EMI 724355641526 USD $6.81 Buy It Now 1h 46m
Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers The Morning Of Our Lives 7" Vinyl Single USD $16.76 [0 bids]
Alaric's House - Self-titled album (CD) Jonathan Masterson USD $5.32 Buy It Now 1h 49m

More places to buy JONATHAN music online Buy JONATHAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

JONATHAN Jonathan ratings distribution

JONATHAN Jonathan reviews

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Jonathan is an obscure band from Germany with a meteoric career who lasted not even 2 years. They released a single album in 1978 selftitled issued by Bellaphon label. The band has only two musicians Helmut Grab responsable for Minimoog and all the various keyboards and electronics and Peter Garattoni the drumer. Well, what we have here is a combination of progresive electronic passages not far from Tangerine Dream with jazzy elements and some space prog aswell, the result is ok but it sounds little date it to my ears, and above all this album came to late when prog was in decline or better said was absorbed by other genres emerget in late '70's. For ex Funky's Visit is a good jazzy funk space prog with nice passages, Moved Earth is a spce prog quite nice and ending track Melotary is another worthy one, the rest are no more then ok. 7 pieces garace the album, practicaly not one is particular bad, but is not quite intresting aswell, is a tripy jazz/space electronic album that gone into oblivion. Little is known about this band and what musicians done after disbanding soon after the release in 1979. Good cover art
3 stars JONATHAN were a duo out of Germany who released this lone album back in 1978. Without question an Electronic recording with the former member of EULENSPYGEL adding drums while the other member adds a variety of keyboards including minimoog, synths and electric piano. We do get a couple of guests helping out including another keyboardist adding much of what the other keyboardist plays but also grand piano. He's on three songs while we get some guest bass on the one track called "Funky's Visit" and yes what is Funk without bass. This clocks in at a tidy 35 minutes over the seven tracks.

"Li Song" gets us started and it's drums we first hear as they slowly beat away before some growly synths arrive slowly pulsing then some spacey synths. I like this until another synth comes in over top leading and I just don't like the tone of it at all. Kind of ruins the song for me.

"Raising Winds" opens with sounds that hum as we get this sad cry from the synths I believe. A beat before a minute along with some twittering sounds. This is laid back and exotic sounding as it gets louder 1 1/2 minutes in. It kicks in fairly heavily before 2 1/2 minutes and the tempo picks up. Drums and synths lead the way. It's okay.

"Funky's Visit" is funky believe it or not but first we get an experimental intro that is brief. Then an active beat with growly synths and other synths take over. When the bass kicks in it becomes somewhat jazzy. I do like the bass here a lot. "Waters" opens with um water sounds. Synths join in with this catchy melody. An okay track.

"Moved Earth" is my favourite and I wish the rest of the album was more like this. We get some nice deep synths as grand piano and atmosphere join in. This is really good. I like the depth of sound. The drums kick in and before 2 minutes I'm head banging. This is like Space Rock. Interesting that it starts to wind down before 5 minutes as you'd think the song was done but after some brief silence it starts up again but now it's much different as drums and sampled thunder take over. I really like this idea especially with such a good drummer. Another change before 7 minutes as synths, cymbals and keys end it.

"Stormy Days" opens with the atmosphere rising as the synths and rumbling drums join in. Soon we get a steady sound of synths and drums around a minute. It turns experimental as drums and synths continue around 3 minutes in. Back to the previous soundscape but the synth tone changes as this plays out. A pretty good tune.

Melotary" ends it and it opens with drums as atmosphere and keys join in. The drumming seems to be random and marching-like. It kicks in rather heavily and the tempo picks up before 1 1/2 minutes. Great sound here, impressive like the song "Moved Earth". It does settle back down like the beginning 3 minutes in.

This might be obscure in part because the only re-issue was in 1993 but I also wonder how much demand there would be for it. A pretty good album overall and I really like that album cover.

Review by Progfan97402
4 stars Jonathan is a new discovery for me. German duo consisting of drummer Peter Garattoni (of Eulenspygel) and keyboardist Helmut Grab along with guests as needed. This was their only album, first released on the very obscure AAR label, then on Bellaphon. It strangely received a Greek release as well. Wonderful cover, totally '70s sci-fi, although if you look carefully, that's no sun, it's an apple. The Gibraltar Encyclopedia of Progressive Rock were rather dismissive of it, like it's not worth your time. Not in the least for me. It has that rather spacy feel, with Mini Moog, Solina String Ensemble, Fender Rhodes Electric Piano and Roland Synth, but I swear up and down I hear an ARP Pro-Soloist (he isn't credited to one, though). Unless the Roland (which they didn't specify which model) was capable of similar sounds. It's a rather underrated album actually worth getting. To my ears these guys seemed to have fun doing it, and it's true there isn't any huge ambition, it's all very enjoyable and that's what matters to me. "Li Song" has a rather Asian-influenced sound, kinda like Kitro but with more guts. "Raising Winds" starts off slow with spacy sound effects and then the drums kick in and they get down to business. "Funky's Visit" has a rather funky feel, with guest Emil Wirth providing funky slap bass. You can't imagine the traditional Berlin School electronic guys doing that! "Moved Earth" is a pretty typical sound for these guys. I don't find a single bad song on this album, although one wishes maybe a little more variety in synth timbre. Not exactly innovative or groundbreaking, but an enjoyable piece of late '70s electronic music and prog.

Post a review of JONATHAN "Jonathan "