JONATHAN

6. Stormy Days
7. Melotary

- Helmut Grab / Minimoog, Rhodes, Roland, Solina
- Peter Garattoni / drums

LP AAR label's AAR 5052 (1978)
LP Bellaphon BBS 2583 (1978)

Buy JONATHAN Jonathan Music

28/4/73PN35 JONATHAN KELLY WAIT TILL THEY CHANGE BACKDROP ADVERT 15X10 USD $15.13 Buy It Now 2h 40m
Hardcore Compilation Vol 7, Mix By Jonathan - Various Artists, Import CD USD $21.99 Buy It Now 2h 44m
Urie, Jonathan : Spiritual Abundance CD USD $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 52m
13/10/73PN07 JONATHAN KELLY ALBUMS & CONCERT TOUR DATES ADVERT 7X5" USD $7.55 Buy It Now 2h 57m
(TJKB3) POSTER/ADVERT 11X8" JONATHAN DAVIS; KORN USD $10.09 Buy It Now 2h 58m
Jonathan Wilson Fanfare CD USD $6.29 Buy It Now 3h
JONATHAN & DARLENE EDWARDS THE ORIGINAL PIANO ARTISTRY LP NM Corinthian COR-104 USD $9.95 Buy It Now 3h 6m
Jonathan Dimmock-Cosmos Consciousness: Organ Wo CD NEW USD $15.41 Buy It Now 3h 8m
Jonathan Richman-I, Jonathan CD NEW USD $12.18 Buy It Now 3h 8m
Marko Crncec-Moral Interchange (feat. Jonathan Powell, Lenart Krecic, Arm CD NEW USD $16.78 Buy It Now 3h 8m
Jonathan Stiers-Affliction Addiction CD NEW USD $17.19 Buy It Now 3h 13m
Jonathan Coulton-Thing a Week Two CD NEW USD $18.52 Buy It Now 3h 13m
Jonathan Urie And Helen Ste...-Faith & Courage CD NEW USD $18.52 Buy It Now 3h 13m
Jonathan Atterbury-Only a Man CD NEW USD $15.42 Buy It Now 3h 14m
Jonathan Sawyer-My Song Shall Rise to Thee CD NEW USD $16.42 Buy It Now 3h 14m
Jonathan Kawchuk - North [New Vinyl LP] USD $26.41 Buy It Now 3h 15m
Jonathan Kawchuk - North [New CD] USD $13.50 Buy It Now 3h 15m
Jonathan Urie & Helen Steiner Rice : Love CD USD $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 16m
BEETHOVEN: Piano Sonatas Vol 2, Jonathan Biss ONYX CD NM USD $10.00 Buy It Now 3h 19m
Jonathan Butler Self-Titled Sealed 2-LP 1987 Jive 1032-1-J Jazz AfroBeat Lies USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Jonathan Butler - Jonathan [New CD] Digipack Packaging USD $7.00 Buy It Now 3h 29m
Jonathan Kawchuk - North [New Vinyl LP] USD $24.00 Buy It Now 3h 30m
Jonathan Kawchuk - North [New CD] USD $12.95 Buy It Now 3h 31m
LIVE IN SOUTH AFRICA BY BUTLER,JONATHAN (CD) USD $17.87 Buy It Now 3h 35m
Jonathan Richman - Egyptian Reggae 7" Single 1977 USD $10.59 Buy It Now 3h 53m
Journey LP Frontiers 1983 Autographed Jonathan Cain Steve Smith VG++/M- USD $75.00 Buy It Now 3h 55m
Jonathan Butler / 1987 Jive '80s Urban NM! USD $7.95 Buy It Now 3h 57m
Holy Smokes LP by Jonathan Tyler vinyl sealed unopened brand new USD $16.14 Buy It Now 3h 59m
The Beserkley Years Best Of Jonathan Richman Modern Lover by Jonathan Richman CD USD $9.00 Buy It Now 4h 14m
JONATHAN RICHMAN - JONATHAN RICHMAN NEW CD USD $12.20 Buy It Now 4h 19m
Having a Party With Jonathan Richman, New Music USD $17.58 Buy It Now 4h 20m
Adventures of Jonathan Craine : Thing That Goes Bump in the Jungle CD USD $4.99 Buy It Now 4h 20m
(HK68) Jonathan Cotton, The Art Of Conversation - 2006 Sealed CD USD $10.21 Buy It Now 4h 23m
Jonathan krisp no horse no wife no moustache CD USD $1.25 [0 bids]
JACKSON,JONATHAN / ENATION-ANTHEMS FOR THE APOCALYPSE CD NEW USD $13.43 Buy It Now 4h 30m
JACKSON,JONATHAN / ENATION-BLAME-SHIFTER (EP) CD NEW USD $8.63 Buy It Now 4h 31m
Surrender to Jonathan by Jonathan Richman (CD, Sep-1996, Vapor Records) USD $12.00 Buy It Now 4h 32m
RUBY TURNER EP WITH JONATHAN BUTLER COME GO WITH ME 7"VINYL USD $2.51 [0 bids]
Jonathan King - Pandora's Box (sealed) USD $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 35m
Seet, Jonathan : Melatonin CD USD $4.99 Buy It Now 4h 39m
VAMP (Jonathan Elias) rare original limited edition factory sealed cd (2008) OOP USD $44.85 Buy It Now 4h 44m
NEIL DIAMOND - Jonathan Livingston Seagull - Ost CD *NEW & SEALED* USD $8.63 Buy It Now 4h 48m
JONATHAN KELLY twice around the houses SF 8262 3E/3E uk LP rca 1972 1ST PRESS USD $8.76 Buy It Now 5h
Jonathan Butler - Free (CD Used Very Good) USD $13.67 Buy It Now 5h 16m
Jonathan Richman Egyptian Reggae 7" Beserkley BZZ2 EX 1977 Egyptian Reggae/Rolle USD $7.57 Buy It Now 5h 17m
JONATHAN CAIN (JOURNEY) 'Windy City Breakdown' Vinyl **TEST PRESSING** - C40 USD $12.60 [0 bids]
JONATHAN DAVIS Black Labyrinth 2xLP SEALED alt-rock Korn Sumerian USD $24.99 Buy It Now 5h 29m
ROBERT/FELDMAN,JONATHAN LANGEVIN - FLUTE RECITAL CD NEW+ USD $26.69 Buy It Now 5h 33m
JONATHAN JEREMIAH Good Day 2018 UK 11-trk promo test CD USD $6.29 Buy It Now 5h 34m
JONATHAN BUTLER Same s/t 1987 W. GERMANY CD album USD $7.80 Buy It Now 5h 52m
DAVID AND JONATHAN - SCARLET RIBBONS - RARE 7" 45 SAMPLE VINYL RECORD - 1967 USD $17.94 Buy It Now 5h 55m
Jonathan Meiburg Hymn To The Valences 12" NEW sealed USD $34.46 Buy It Now 5h 58m
JONATHAN COLEMAN - AUSSIES ON 45 - RARE 7" 45 VINYL RECORD w PICT SLV - 1981 USD $5.02 Buy It Now 6h 5m
The Matthew Finck Jonathan ...-It`s Not That Far CD NEW USD $19.80 Buy It Now 6h 9m
Jonathan King - Lazybones (7" single) juke box F 13177 USD $3.09 Buy It Now 6h 12m
Silk Jonathan-Fragment (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $14.11 Buy It Now 6h 25m
MIKE & MECHANICS 45 Revolution b/w JONATHAN ELIAS - Leave Love Behind - NM USD $3.00 Buy It Now 6h 30m
Jonathan King Everyone's Gone To The Moon UK 45 7" single +Summer's Coming USD $3.77 Buy It Now 6h 33m
(CY738) Jonathan Rice, Behind The Frontlines - CD USD $3.77 Buy It Now 6h 36m
Official Poster Jonathan Boulet We Keep The Beat Found The Sound See The Need USD $2.15 [0 bids]
(DW416) Jonathan Ulysses, What You Gonna Do? - DJ CD USD $3.77 Buy It Now 6h 41m
Jonathan King - One For You, One For Me. 12" Vinyl single (12s873) USD $2.52 Buy It Now 6h 43m
Waiting On You LP 1st Vinyl (Jonathan Kelly's Outside) LPL1 5022 (ID:15035) USD $13.38 Buy It Now 6h 50m
Jonathan Ansell G4 AND FRIENDS CD USD $7.46 Buy It Now 7h 6m
JONATHAN EDWARDS Self S/T Titled RARE SEALED NM Gatefold New Vinyl LP 1971 SD862 USD $28.89 Buy It Now 7h 19m
Lot of 4 - JONATHAN BUTLER - Soul 45's Picture Sleeve & RECORDS - NM - 1980's USD $4.50 Buy It Now 7h 37m
Jonathan Butler LIVING MY DREAM (CD, Digipak, ART7041) Like New L11067 USD $13.95 Buy It Now 7h 44m
''The Wonderful World Of Jonathan Winters'' by Jonathan Winters: LP 1960 (A217) USD $7.99 [0 bids]
(I58) Ibiza Opening Party 2008, Jonathan Ulysses- DJ CD USD $3.77 Buy It Now 7h 46m
JONATHAN ANSELL TOUR FLYERS X 4 - G4 USD $2.27 Buy It Now 7h 46m
JONATHAN BUTLER 7TH AVENUE JAZZ ALBUM CD USD $5.00 Buy It Now 8h
Neil Diamond . Jonathan Livingston Seagull . booklet . 1973 Columbia LP USD $14.20 Buy It Now 8h 2m
JONATHAN KING Everyone's Gone to the Moon/AL GARDNER LittleVG+(+) 45 RPM REISSUE USD $3.00 Buy It Now 8h 8m
Vinyl Record - Jonathan And Darlene Edwards ?- In Paris - COR-103 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 8h 9m
?JONATHAN'S EXPERIENCES Come Back/I'm Gonna Make It MGM 13837 ROCK 45RPM? USD $24.99 Buy It Now 8h 17m
Face Down * by Jonathan Phillips (CD, Oct-2008, Arrow Records) USD $10.99 Buy It Now 8h 28m
JONATHAN EDWARDS (1971) Self-Titled CAPRICORN LP USD $7.19 Buy It Now 8h 29m
SPITBALLS "SPITBALLS" 1978 BESERKLEY NM/NM OOP LP (GREG KIHN/JONATHAN RICHMOND) USD $9.74 Buy It Now 8h 44m
JONATHAN EDWARDS-LUCKY DAY 1974 ATCO RECORDS LP SD 36-104 FOLK ROCK EXC. VG+ USD $4.99 Buy It Now 8h 49m
Dragonfly Jonathan Trio Gee CD USD $19.58 Buy It Now 8h 54m
Crystal Bowls Chakra Chants by Jonathan Goldman (CD, Apr-2009, Spirit Music) USD $0.99 [1 bids]
The Marshalls EP Gettin' Out Isabelle Records Boston 1981 Jonathan Richman USD $10.17 [0 bids]
One Love Jonathan Pierce Audio CD USD $30.00 Buy It Now 8h 57m
Jonathan Uliel Saldanha-Tunnel Vision (UK IMPORT) VINYL NEW USD $18.51 Buy It Now 8h 59m
Jonathan Wilson - Fanfare 5051083074193 (CD Used Very Good) USD $9.12 Buy It Now 9h 16m
Jonathan Eberhart~Life's Trolley Ride~1981 Folk~Folk Legacy FSI-82~FAST SHIPPING USD $5.91 Buy It Now 9h 16m
Jonathan Harvey: Bird Concerto With Pianosong CD NEW USD $16.97 Buy It Now 9h 34m
JONATHAN SCALES FOURCHESTRA-PILLAR-IMPORT CD WITH JAPAN OBI F30 USD $25.99 Buy It Now 9h 35m
JONATHAN ANTOINE-BELIEVE NEW VINYL RECORD USD $20.11 Buy It Now 9h 48m
Jonathan, Te Vas a Emocionar - Jonathan Richman Compact Disc Free Shipping! USD $13.02 Buy It Now 10h 2m
Jonathan Biss: Schumann/Janacek (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $10.64 Buy It Now 10h 6m
One For The Road 2016 by Jonathan Urie USD $9.99 Buy It Now 10h 9m
Jonathan Edwards - Man in the Moon [New CD] USD $22.60 Buy It Now 10h 10m

More places to buy JONATHAN music online Buy JONATHAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

JONATHAN Jonathan ratings distribution

JONATHAN Jonathan reviews

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Jonathan is an obscure band from Germany with a meteoric career who lasted not even 2 years. They released a single album in 1978 selftitled issued by Bellaphon label. The band has only two musicians Helmut Grab responsable for Minimoog and all the various keyboards and electronics and Peter Garattoni the drumer. Well, what we have here is a combination of progresive electronic passages not far from Tangerine Dream with jazzy elements and some space prog aswell, the result is ok but it sounds little date it to my ears, and above all this album came to late when prog was in decline or better said was absorbed by other genres emerget in late '70's. For ex Funky's Visit is a good jazzy funk space prog with nice passages, Moved Earth is a spce prog quite nice and ending track Melotary is another worthy one, the rest are no more then ok. 7 pieces garace the album, practicaly not one is particular bad, but is not quite intresting aswell, is a tripy jazz/space electronic album that gone into oblivion. Little is known about this band and what musicians done after disbanding soon after the release in 1979. Good cover art
3 stars JONATHAN were a duo out of Germany who released this lone album back in 1978. Without question an Electronic recording with the former member of EULENSPYGEL adding drums while the other member adds a variety of keyboards including minimoog, synths and electric piano. We do get a couple of guests helping out including another keyboardist adding much of what the other keyboardist plays but also grand piano. He's on three songs while we get some guest bass on the one track called "Funky's Visit" and yes what is Funk without bass. This clocks in at a tidy 35 minutes over the seven tracks.

"Li Song" gets us started and it's drums we first hear as they slowly beat away before some growly synths arrive slowly pulsing then some spacey synths. I like this until another synth comes in over top leading and I just don't like the tone of it at all. Kind of ruins the song for me.

"Raising Winds" opens with sounds that hum as we get this sad cry from the synths I believe. A beat before a minute along with some twittering sounds. This is laid back and exotic sounding as it gets louder 1 1/2 minutes in. It kicks in fairly heavily before 2 1/2 minutes and the tempo picks up. Drums and synths lead the way. It's okay.

"Funky's Visit" is funky believe it or not but first we get an experimental intro that is brief. Then an active beat with growly synths and other synths take over. When the bass kicks in it becomes somewhat jazzy. I do like the bass here a lot. "Waters" opens with um water sounds. Synths join in with this catchy melody. An okay track.

"Moved Earth" is my favourite and I wish the rest of the album was more like this. We get some nice deep synths as grand piano and atmosphere join in. This is really good. I like the depth of sound. The drums kick in and before 2 minutes I'm head banging. This is like Space Rock. Interesting that it starts to wind down before 5 minutes as you'd think the song was done but after some brief silence it starts up again but now it's much different as drums and sampled thunder take over. I really like this idea especially with such a good drummer. Another change before 7 minutes as synths, cymbals and keys end it.

"Stormy Days" opens with the atmosphere rising as the synths and rumbling drums join in. Soon we get a steady sound of synths and drums around a minute. It turns experimental as drums and synths continue around 3 minutes in. Back to the previous soundscape but the synth tone changes as this plays out. A pretty good tune.

Melotary" ends it and it opens with drums as atmosphere and keys join in. The drumming seems to be random and marching-like. It kicks in rather heavily and the tempo picks up before 1 1/2 minutes. Great sound here, impressive like the song "Moved Earth". It does settle back down like the beginning 3 minutes in.

This might be obscure in part because the only re-issue was in 1993 but I also wonder how much demand there would be for it. A pretty good album overall and I really like that album cover.

Review by Progfan97402
4 stars Jonathan is a new discovery for me. German duo consisting of drummer Peter Garattoni (of Eulenspygel) and keyboardist Helmut Grab along with guests as needed. This was their only album, first released on the very obscure AAR label, then on Bellaphon. It strangely received a Greek release as well. Wonderful cover, totally '70s sci-fi, although if you look carefully, that's no sun, it's an apple. The Gibraltar Encyclopedia of Progressive Rock were rather dismissive of it, like it's not worth your time. Not in the least for me. It has that rather spacy feel, with Mini Moog, Solina String Ensemble, Fender Rhodes Electric Piano and Roland Synth, but I swear up and down I hear an ARP Pro-Soloist (he isn't credited to one, though). Unless the Roland (which they didn't specify which model) was capable of similar sounds. It's a rather underrated album actually worth getting. To my ears these guys seemed to have fun doing it, and it's true there isn't any huge ambition, it's all very enjoyable and that's what matters to me. "Li Song" has a rather Asian-influenced sound, kinda like Kitro but with more guts. "Raising Winds" starts off slow with spacy sound effects and then the drums kick in and they get down to business. "Funky's Visit" has a rather funky feel, with guest Emil Wirth providing funky slap bass. You can't imagine the traditional Berlin School electronic guys doing that! "Moved Earth" is a pretty typical sound for these guys. I don't find a single bad song on this album, although one wishes maybe a little more variety in synth timbre. Not exactly innovative or groundbreaking, but an enjoyable piece of late '70s electronic music and prog.

Post a review of JONATHAN "Jonathan "