IAN ANDERSON PLAYS THE ORCHESTRAL JETHRO TULL

Ian Anderson Ian Anderson Plays the Orchestral Jethro Tull album cover

Buy IAN ANDERSON Music
DVD/Video, released in 2005

1. Eurology (3:30)
2. Calliandra Shade (5:42)
3. Skating Away On The Thin Ice Of The New Day (4:03)
4. Up The Pool (3:22)
5. We Five Kings (3:32)
6. Life Is A Long Song (3:34)
7. In The Grip Of Stronger Stuff (3:02)
8. Wond'ring Aloud (2:11)
9. Griminelli's Lament (3:10)
10. Cheap Day Return (1:27)
11. Mother Goose (5:46)
12. Bouree (5:17)
13. Boris Dancing (3:31)
14. Living In The Past (4:48)
15. Pavane (4:37)
16. Aqualung (10:24)
17. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen (4:58)
18. My God (8:52)
19. Budapest (14:04)
20. Locomotive Breath (6:42)

Interview with Ian Anderson

- John O'Hara / keyboards, accordion
- Florian Opahle / acoustic & electric guitar

With:
Various Members of the Frankfurt Neue Philharmonic Orchestra

DVD ZYX Music GmbH&Co.KG (2005)

Thanks to velvetclown for the addition
and to Erkan AKIN for the last updates

IAN ANDERSON MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy IAN ANDERSON Ian Anderson Plays the Orchestral Jethro Tull Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Homo ErraticusHomo Erraticus
KSCOPE 2014
Thick As A Brick 2 Special EditionThick As A Brick 2 Special Edition
Parlophone 2012
Homo Erraticus (Tour Edition)Homo Erraticus (Tour Edition)
Special Edition
KSCOPE 2014
Thick As a Brick 2Thick As a Brick 2
Parlophone 2012
Rupis DanceRupis Dance
EMI Import 2010
Secret Language of BirdsSecret Language of Birds
EMI Import 2010
VeggieTales - The Star of Christmas [VHS] Dan Anderson (III), Ian Anderson (VII US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
IAN ANDERSON - IAN ANDERSON PLAYS THE ORCHESTRAL JETHRO TULL NEW DVD US $19.19 Buy It Now 2 days
Ian Anderson Plays the Orchestral Jethro Tull DVD US $10.84 Buy It Now 2 days
FREE SHIP / Ian Anderson Plays The Orchestral Jethro Tull / NEW US $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson: Thick as a Brick - Live in Iceland FREE SHIP NO TAX US $19.98 Buy It Now 3 days
Anderson, Ian: Ian Anderson Plays the Orchestral Jethro Tull (DVD, 2005) US $11.87 Buy It Now 4 days
JETHRO TULL 25TH ANNIVERSARY VIDEO VHS IAN ANDERSON US $20.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson: Thick as a Brick - Live in Iceland (Blu-ray Disc,... US $12.06 Buy It Now 4 days
Ian Anderson - Ian Anderson Plays the Orchestral Jethro Tull (DVD, 2007) US $8.97 Buy It Now 4 days
Ian Anderson Plays Jethro Tull DVD US $21.59 Buy It Now 5 days
DVD IAN ANDERSON PLAYS THE ORCHESTRAL JETHRO TULL NEW US $5.28 Buy It Now 5 days
IAN ANDERSON: PLAYS THE ORCHESTRAL JETHRO TULL (DVD, 2005) 23 TRACKS US $6.69 Buy It Now 5 days
IAN ANDERSON Plays The Orchestral Jethro Tull DVD Progressive Rock BRAND NEW US $7.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Yes-Live from the House of Blues RARE DVD Ian Anderson Steve Howe US $8.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Jethro Tull Ian Anderson SLIPSTREAM VHS 1984 US $5.00 Buy It Now 7 days
IAN ANDERSON**THICK AS A BRICK: LIVE IN ICELAND**BLU-RAY US $12.95 Buy It Now 9 days
JETHRO TULL 25TH ANNIVERSARY VIDEO VHS IAN ANDERSON * Like New* US $20.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Jethro Tull This is the First 20 Years VHS 1988 Prog Rock Ian Anderson Aqualung US $5.00 Buy It Now 11 days
IAN ANDERSON - PLAYS JETHRO TULL NEW DVD US $25.05 Buy It Now 11 days
Ian Anderson Plays the Orchestral Jethro Tull DVD US $17.14 Buy It Now 12 days
Spirits of Mozart Dee Dee Bridgewater, Ian Anderson, Christiane Oelze US $6.34 Buy It Now 12 days
Living With the Past Jethro Tull DVD Signed Ian Anderson Doane Perry others US $89.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Ian Anderson Plays the Orchestral Jet - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $17.81 Buy It Now 12 days
Ian Anderson - Ian Anderson Plays The Orchest (2007) - Used - Digital Video US $5.29 Buy It Now 13 days
Ian Anderson - Ian Anderson Plays the Orchestral Jethro Tull (DVD, 2005) US $7.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Ian Anderson - Ian Anderson Plays the Orchestral Jethro Tull (DVD, 2007) US $13.99 Buy It Now 16 days
JETHRO TULL'S IAN ANDERSON: THICK AS A BRICK - LIVE IN ICELAND [DVD] - NEW DVD US $10.93 Buy It Now 16 days
JETHRO TULL'S IAN ANDERSON: THICK AS A BRICK - LIVE IN ICELAND - NEW BLU-RAY US $12.46 Buy It Now 16 days
JETHRO TULL BETHLEHEM 2003 LIVE DVD SEALED Ian Anderson Led Zeppelin Deep Purple US $24.99 Buy It Now 16 days
IAN ANDERSON - IAN ANDERSON PLAYS THE ORCHESTRAL JETHRO [REGION FREE] NEW DVD US $10.85 Buy It Now 17 days
Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson: Thick as a Brick - Live in Iceland (Blu-ray Disc,... US $19.95 Buy It Now 18 days
IAN ANDERSON**THICK AS A BRICK: LIVE IN ICELAND**DVD US $10.95 Buy It Now 20 days
Jethro Tull - Ian Anderson - LIVE AT MONTREUX 2003 Blu-ray DVD - Brand New US $10.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Jethro Tull - Living With The Past DVD, Ian Anderson, Jethro Tull, US $11.99 Buy It Now 21 days
The Rolling Stones - Rock and Roll Circus, Good DVD, Ian Anderson, Glenn Cornick US $7.57 Buy It Now 25 days
Rock Heroes Live in Concert DVD, Twisted Sister, Ian Anderson, Nazareth, more US $14.95 Buy It Now 28 days
Ian Anderson - Plays the Orchestral Jethro Tull - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Sh US $24.83 Buy It Now 28 days
IAN ANDERSON: THICK AS A BRICK - LIVE IN ICELAND (2012) NEW DVD US $17.97 Buy It Now 29 days
Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson Thick As A Brick Live In Iceland DVD R4 *NEW US $20.11 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy IAN ANDERSON music online Buy IAN ANDERSON & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for IAN ANDERSON DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

IAN ANDERSON Ian Anderson Plays the Orchestral Jethro Tull ratings distribution

IAN ANDERSON Ian Anderson Plays the Orchestral Jethro Tull reviews

Review by Muzikman
4 stars Ian Anderson Plays The Orchestral Jethro Tull with the Neue Philharmonic Frankfurt conducted by John O' Hara is real treat if you are a fan of classical music meets rock and of Jethro Tull and Anderson's solo work. For me it all applies, I look at experiences like this as something new and different to enjoy. It is nothing new obviously; it's just a real turn of the tables watching Ian on stage with a full orchestra doing all the familiar JT tracks with an entirely different twist.

I saw Jethro Tull a few years ago play with an orchestra live and it was a disappointment; however, I enjoyed this much more. I think the orchestra was much better and Ian outside the realm of familiarity (with band members) was like a bird taking flight, taking old standards and breathing the air of new life into them by venturing down unknown paths.

Ian is the first to admit he cannot sing and his voice has not weathered all that well, even so, the presentation he makes is still excellent, and he remains one of the premiere flute players in the world.

He interestingly enough starts off the concert with a rousing version of "Eurology" from his solo album Rupi's Dance (2003), even though the title indicates that its Jethro Tull music. As it turns out, it was a great way to start the proceedings. I loved the song live and cannot seem to get it out of my head when I hear it. "Aqualung" was the most enjoyable track by far though. Anderson mentions before the song starts, without announcing the title, that many folks do not recognize the song until its well into the first few minutes, I caught on about 30 seconds into it, what can I say? I am total JT freak. It is a marvelous interpretation of the song and five times better than the one I saw live, once again due to the adventurous reorganization of the composition and the top notch orchestra complementing Ian's flute became a key factor in making this version such a great success. "Skating Away on the Thin Ice of the New Day" and "Locomotive Breath" were highlights from my viewpoint as well. Florian Opahle is not Martin Barre but the youngster does an exceptional job on both acoustic and electric guitar. The DVD tracks are sequenced in the same order as the double CD with the exception of some interviews with Ian that are very revealing and interesting, and the in between song conversations are cut out of the CD version.

In the end when I was through watching and listening, I felt that I could not have enjoyed the entire show more. I wish that I could have been there to see it myself, although good DVDs do give you one of the best seats in the house. I swore after the first experience that it would be the last; this restored my faith and reopened my mind to the possibilities of exploring a live event like this again if it ever comes to town, on that rare evening in the middle of the summer.