IAN ANDERSON PLAYS THE ORCHESTRAL JETHRO TULL

Ian Anderson Ian Anderson Plays the Orchestral Jethro Tull album cover

Buy IAN ANDERSON Music
DVD/Video, released in 2005

1. Eurology (3:30)
2. Calliandra Shade (5:42)
3. Skating Away On The Thin Ice Of The New Day (4:03)
4. Up The Pool (3:22)
5. We Five Kings (3:32)
6. Life Is A Long Song (3:34)
7. In The Grip Of Stronger Stuff (3:02)
8. Wond'ring Aloud (2:11)
9. Griminelli's Lament (3:10)
10. Cheap Day Return (1:27)
11. Mother Goose (5:46)
12. Bouree (5:17)
13. Boris Dancing (3:31)
14. Living In The Past (4:48)
15. Pavane (4:37)
16. Aqualung (10:24)
17. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen (4:58)
18. My God (8:52)
19. Budapest (14:04)
20. Locomotive Breath (6:42)

Interview with Ian Anderson

- John O'Hara / keyboards, accordion
- Florian Opahle / acoustic & electric guitar

With:
Various Members of the Frankfurt Neue Philharmonic Orchestra

DVD ZYX Music GmbH&Co.KG (2005)

Thanks to velvetclown for the addition
and to Erkan AKIN for the last updates

IAN ANDERSON MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy IAN ANDERSON Ian Anderson Plays the Orchestral Jethro Tull Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Homo ErraticusHomo Erraticus
Ian Anderson CollectionIan Anderson Collection
Fuel 2000 2006
Rupis DanceRupis Dance
EMI Import 2010
IAN ANDERSON Plays The Orchestral Jethro Tull DVD Progressive Rock BRAND NEW US $7.99 Buy It Now 8h 57m
Yes-Live from the House of Blues RARE DVD Ian Anderson Steve Howe US $8.99 Buy It Now 12h 39m
JETHRO TULL 25TH ANNIVERSARY VIDEO VHS IAN ANDERSON * Like New* US $20.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Jethro Tull This is the First 20 Years VHS 1988 Prog Rock Ian Anderson Aqualung US $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
IAN ANDERSON - PLAYS JETHRO TULL NEW DVD US $26.21 Buy It Now 4 days
Ian Anderson Plays the Orchestral Jethro Tull DVD US $16.07 Buy It Now 4 days
Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson THICK AS A BRICK LIVE IN ICELAND Blu-ray Disc SEALED! US $13.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Ian Anderson Plays the Orchestral Jet - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $17.81 Buy It Now 5 days
Ian Anderson - Ian Anderson Plays the Orchestral Jethro Tull (DVD, 2007) US $13.99 Buy It Now 9 days
JETHRO TULL BETHLEHEM 2003 LIVE DVD SEALED Ian Anderson Led Zeppelin Deep Purple US $24.99 Buy It Now 9 days
IAN ANDERSON - IAN ANDERSON PLAYS THE ORCHESTRAL JETHRO [REGION FREE] NEW DVD US $8.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Jethro Tull - Ian Anderson - LIVE AT MONTREUX 2003 Blu-ray DVD - Brand New US $10.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Jethro Tull - Living With The Past DVD, Ian Anderson, Jethro Tull, US $9.55 Buy It Now 14 days
Ian Anderson - Plays the Orchestral Jethro Tull - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Sh US $24.83 Buy It Now 22 days
Ian Anderson - Ian Anderson Plays The Orchest (2007) - Used - Digital Video US $5.71 Buy It Now 23 days
VeggieTales - The Star of Christmas [VHS] Dan Anderson (III), Ian Anderson (VII US $3.99 Buy It Now 24 days
IAN ANDERSON**THICK AS A BRICK: LIVE IN ICELAND**DVD US $10.95 Buy It Now 24 days
IAN ANDERSON - IAN ANDERSON PLAYS THE ORCHESTRAL JETHRO TULL NEW DVD US $20.07 Buy It Now 25 days
Ian Anderson Plays the Orchestral Jethro Tull DVD US $8.98 Buy It Now 25 days
FREE SHIP / Ian Anderson Plays The Orchestral Jethro Tull / NEW US $8.99 Buy It Now 26 days
Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson: Thick as a Brick - Live in Iceland FREE SHIP NO TAX US $19.98 Buy It Now 26 days
Anderson, Ian: Ian Anderson Plays the Orchestral Jethro Tull (DVD, 2005) US $11.96 Buy It Now 27 days
IAN ANDERSON**THICK AS A BRICK: LIVE IN ICELAND**BLU-RAY US $12.95 Buy It Now 27 days
JETHRO TULL 25TH ANNIVERSARY VIDEO VHS IAN ANDERSON US $20.00 Buy It Now 27 days
Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson: Thick as a Brick - Live in Iceland (Blu-ray Disc,... US $12.49 Buy It Now 27 days
Ian Anderson - Ian Anderson Plays the Orchestral Jethro Tull (DVD, 2007) US $9.05 Buy It Now 27 days
Ian Anderson Plays Jethro Tull DVD US $21.59 Buy It Now 28 days
DVD IAN ANDERSON PLAYS THE ORCHESTRAL JETHRO TULL NEW US $5.28 Buy It Now 28 days
IAN ANDERSON: PLAYS THE ORCHESTRAL JETHRO TULL (DVD, 2005) 23 TRACKS US $6.69 Buy It Now 28 days

More places to buy IAN ANDERSON music online Buy IAN ANDERSON & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for IAN ANDERSON DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

IAN ANDERSON Ian Anderson Plays the Orchestral Jethro Tull ratings distribution

IAN ANDERSON Ian Anderson Plays the Orchestral Jethro Tull reviews

Review by Muzikman
4 stars Ian Anderson Plays The Orchestral Jethro Tull with the Neue Philharmonic Frankfurt conducted by John O' Hara is real treat if you are a fan of classical music meets rock and of Jethro Tull and Anderson's solo work. For me it all applies, I look at experiences like this as something new and different to enjoy. It is nothing new obviously; it's just a real turn of the tables watching Ian on stage with a full orchestra doing all the familiar JT tracks with an entirely different twist.

I saw Jethro Tull a few years ago play with an orchestra live and it was a disappointment; however, I enjoyed this much more. I think the orchestra was much better and Ian outside the realm of familiarity (with band members) was like a bird taking flight, taking old standards and breathing the air of new life into them by venturing down unknown paths.

Ian is the first to admit he cannot sing and his voice has not weathered all that well, even so, the presentation he makes is still excellent, and he remains one of the premiere flute players in the world.

He interestingly enough starts off the concert with a rousing version of "Eurology" from his solo album Rupi's Dance (2003), even though the title indicates that its Jethro Tull music. As it turns out, it was a great way to start the proceedings. I loved the song live and cannot seem to get it out of my head when I hear it. "Aqualung" was the most enjoyable track by far though. Anderson mentions before the song starts, without announcing the title, that many folks do not recognize the song until its well into the first few minutes, I caught on about 30 seconds into it, what can I say? I am total JT freak. It is a marvelous interpretation of the song and five times better than the one I saw live, once again due to the adventurous reorganization of the composition and the top notch orchestra complementing Ian's flute became a key factor in making this version such a great success. "Skating Away on the Thin Ice of the New Day" and "Locomotive Breath" were highlights from my viewpoint as well. Florian Opahle is not Martin Barre but the youngster does an exceptional job on both acoustic and electric guitar. The DVD tracks are sequenced in the same order as the double CD with the exception of some interviews with Ian that are very revealing and interesting, and the in between song conversations are cut out of the CD version.

In the end when I was through watching and listening, I felt that I could not have enjoyed the entire show more. I wish that I could have been there to see it myself, although good DVDs do give you one of the best seats in the house. I swore after the first experience that it would be the last; this restored my faith and reopened my mind to the possibilities of exploring a live event like this again if it ever comes to town, on that rare evening in the middle of the summer.

Keith "MuzikMan" Hannaleck-http://www.muzikreviews.com

December 28, 2005

Send comments to Muzikman (BETA) | Report this review (#62085) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 28, 2005

3 stars This concert have 2 parts: the first form as an acoustic set with great performances like "Wond'ring Aloud", then with the orchestra shows Ian in his best shape: THE BEST: Budapest THE BAD: Aqualung dissapoint me, Ian make it too symphonic and softer and that kill the song The show is good ... (read more)

Report this review (#57832) | Posted by Ekzodo | Friday, November 25, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of IAN ANDERSON "Ian Anderson Plays the Orchestral Jethro Tull"