SAFETY IN NUMBERS

Studio Album, released in 1978

1. Nuclear Apathy (8:32)
2. Long Nights (3:59)
3. Flashlight (4:45)
4. Prelude To Safety In Numbers (1:15)
5. Lighten Up McGraw (5:08)
6. Give Myself To You (3:23)
7. A Night On The Town(With Snow White) (3:25)
8. Safety In Numbers (6:41)

Search CRACK THE SKY Safety In Numbers lyrics

Search CRACK THE SKY Safety In Numbers tabs

- John Palumbo / lead vocals (tracks 1 & 2)
- Gary Lee Chappel / lead vocals (tracks 3 - 8)
- Jim Griffiths / guitars, harmonies
- Rick Witkowski / guitar, harmonies
- Joe Macre / bass, harmonies
- Joey D'Amico / drums, harmonies

LP Lifesong #35041 (1978)

Thanks to TheProgtologist for the addition
and to Snow Dog for the last updates

CRACK THE SKY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CRACK THE SKY Safety In Numbers Music

More places to buy CRACK THE SKY music online Buy CRACK THE SKY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CRACK THE SKY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CRACK THE SKY Safety In Numbers ratings distribution

CRACK THE SKY Safety In Numbers reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
2 stars Their third album saw the main man Palumbo leave and start a long history of line-up changes - see the very complete bio on the front page for the full story - but rather disgusting musical industry abusing a band name with many reformations having nothing to do with the original line-up. Nevertheless this album is still a legitimate CTS album with Palumbo around for half the album, but the least we can say is that the album is not an improvement over the previous.

As a teen, I was aware of the band and I had given them a try, but they had failed to impress me and they were buried in between hundreds of such soft-hard-rock that tried to break the radios gates open. They managed a few minutes of airplay here and there, probably built-up a following in the hearland of America between the Appalachians Mountains and the Mississippi River, (they originated from there), but never managed to raise that much enthusiasm to the buddies or me. Among the highlights here is the opening Nuclear Apathy and the closing title track, but little else.

Don't get me wrong, CTS is not as bad as I tend to make it, but I doubt they ever got a proghead (or even a simple rock fan for that matter of fact) so excited that he brought his buddies home in emergency to listen to their latest album and get a load of this record. This album has been coupled with the previous Animal Notes (I should call it Dismal Notes) in a B&W sleeve by Lifesong Records in 89 (cat# LSCD 8803), just in case you have a few bucks too much.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#60668) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 18, 2005

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
5 stars This was my introduction to Crack The Sky. I bought the album when the local paper compared them to ELP. After hearing the album, I wondered where they pulled that comparison from.

With respect to other reviewers here, this album rocked my world. Although not all tracks are truly progressive, even the pop-ish songs are inventive. I would categorize it in the same sort of genre as the early Queen albums. The band seems just as competent with prog epics (Nuclear Apathy, Safety In Numbers) as it is with funky rock (Flashlight), tight hard rock (Lighten Up McGraw, Give Myself To You) and throwback vocal tunes (A Night On The Town).

Especially good on this album is the syncopated interplay between the dual guitarists and the bass and drums. Always a joy to my ears, I still come back to this album often even after almost 30 years.

Edited 6/30/09. After listening again to this album today. I just love it. I'm boosting my rating up.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#75386) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Review by loserboy
4 stars "Safety In Numbers" was my introduction into the music of CTS and today remains a fan favourite in my household. This album has it all...great powerful music and a perfect mix of both progressive and rock elements. On the recording of this album John Palumbo left leaving John D'Amico in charge of lead vocals. Considering still a vast majority of the music was written with Palumbo the music holds up as amongst their best. "Nuclear Apathy" and "Safety In Numbers" are 2 of my favourite tracks off this album. This is a great album to start with if you would like to hear what these guys are all about. Enjoy !

Send comments to loserboy (BETA) | Report this review (#223834) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 29, 2009

5 stars Heavier, more varied and sometimes intense with great pace and chord changes. Some of this sound still shows up even on their newest CD. Safety in Numbers is possibly one of CTS's finest albums, and one of the best albums most people have never heard. If there were any musical justice in the worl ... (read more)

Report this review (#163960) | Posted by KrakAtack | Saturday, March 15, 2008 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Although this is not my favorite CD, CTS does have quite a bit to offer. "Nuclear Apathy" is sort of a hybrid prog and hard rock, that kinda makes you wonder why it never got a foothold onto FM DJ's 70's playlists. Another treat on this CD is "Safety In Numbers". This track has sort of chant ... (read more)

Report this review (#86266) | Posted by | Wednesday, August 09, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A very misunderstood album. The lyrics were political and often lost in translation. This is an album that must be listened to more than once to understand where they were coming from. The music varied from rock to jazz and even to a bit of a space feeling. Please do not discount this recor ... (read more)

Report this review (#68773) | Posted by titfortat03 | Wednesday, February 08, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CRACK THE SKY "Safety In Numbers"