CAN

Can - Documentary
A short tribute film to Can by Brian Eno
Echo Awards Presentation Footage
Discography
DVD connector - PC Only DVD Rom Link with exclusive access to more interviews previously included in the Can Box Book from 1999, info, photos, Brian Eno's tribute film, links etc.
Biographies
Plus collaborator's biographies
History

Search CAN Can lyrics

Search CAN Can tabs

DVD LSPOONDV47 (2005)
- 2 DVDs/1 Audio CD: Total of Film Footage = 256 Min. including:
- Can-Free-Concert: A film by Peter Przygodda. Filmed live at the Cologne Sporthalle in 1972 .

Thanks to PROGMAN for the addition
and to M@X for the last updates

CAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAN Can Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Tago MagoTago Mago
Mute U.S. 2008
Ege BamyasiEge Bamyasi
Mute U.S. 2008
Lost TapesLost Tapes
Mute 2012
BLU-RAY Catch Me If You Can (Blu-Ray) NEW US $17.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Jonny Bowden 11 Easy Ways You Can Make Your Life Better Now! [DVD] (2006) Jon... US $2.04 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Your Baby Can Read series, comes with flash cards (DVD) US $4.00 [0 bids]
VHS: YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU....JAMES STEWART-JEAN ARTHUR US $5.77 Buy It Now 1h 32m
GENE HOLTER - ANYONE CAN PLAY DRUM SET NEW DVD US $19.96 Buy It Now 1h 42m
PAUL HAYMAN - ANYONE CAN PLAY BLUEGRASS BANJO NEW DVD US $19.96 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Whats the Worst That Can Happen DVD Martin Lawrence, Danny DeVito, John Leguiza US $3.25 Buy It Now 1h 46m
Two Can Play That Game (DVD, 2001) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Catch Me If You Can DVD Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hanks, Christopher Walken, Marti US $3.27 Buy It Now 1h 50m
Girl Can Rock DVD US $3.25 Buy It Now 1h 50m
I Can Do Bad All By Myself (DVD, 2005) US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 59m
Charlie and Lola, Vol. 9: What Can I Wea DVD US $5.35 Buy It Now 2h
Breakin All the Rules/Two Can Play That DVD US $4.47 Buy It Now 2h 3m
Bush Family Fortunes: Best Democracy Money Can Buy DVD Clayton Roberts, Greg Pa US $4.47 Buy It Now 2h 6m
"Bush Family Fortunes: The Best Democracy Money Can Buy" (DVD, 2004) US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Nova Sciencenow: Can I Eat That? DVD US $13.12 Buy It Now 2h 11m
Fell: Relationships Can Bring You Down DVD US $7.40 Buy It Now 2h 12m
Anyone Can Play Nashville Lead Guitar - Digital Versatile Disc (DVD) Region 1 Br US $14.96 Buy It Now 2h 12m
Catch Me If You Can (Comedy 2-Disc DVD) Leonardo Dicaprio, Tom Hanks- Like New US $2.75 [1 bids]
Big Star-Nothing Can Hurt Me (Blu-ray) US $20.97 Buy It Now 2h 27m
ANY WHICH WAY YOU CAN BY EASTWOOD,CLINT (DVD) US $3.79 [0 bids]
I CAN COUNT NEW DVD US $22.64 Buy It Now 2h 32m
Barney: You Can Be Anything DVD NEW US $4.07 [5 bids]
Bob the Builder Can We Fix It? VHS Movie US $2.50 [0 bids]
Dead Aim, Boot Hill, Day Of The Wolves, This Man Can't Die Westerns US $0.99 [0 bids]
Destinys Child: Can You Handle This DVD US $6.64 Buy It Now 2h 47m
CATCH ME IF YOU CAN DVD US $3.99 [0 bids]
I Can't Believe I'm Knitting in Motion US $9.99 [0 bids]
Can't You Hear the Wind Howl [DVD] (1998) Danny Glover; Eric Clapton; Robert ... US $11.95 Buy It Now 3h 8m
Disney's ARISTOCATS Special Edition DVD w/ Sleeve GENUINE US/Can Release US $15.00 Buy It Now 3h 11m
THINGS YOU CAN TELL CALISTA FLOCKHART LESBIAN INT DVD LIKE NEW VIEWED ONCE US $0.99 [0 bids]
Dr. Berman Can Help: Guide to a Loving Relationship [DVD] US $3.99 Buy It Now 3h 13m
Catch Me If You Can (DVD, 2003, 2-Disc Set, Widescreen) Disks Only US $0.99 [0 bids]
Catch Me If You Can (DVD, 2003, 2-Disc Set, Widescreen) US $4.50 Buy It Now 3h 33m
KLAUS SCHULZE & LISA GERRARD w DEAD CAN DANCE 2014 LIVE CONCERT 2 DVD & CD SET US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 37m
Jammx Kids, Vol. 1 - Can't Dance, Don't Want To [DVD] (2006) January Blu; Ele... US $2.43 Buy It Now 3h 43m
Catch Me If You Can (DVD, 2003, 2-Disc Set, Widescreen) **BRAND NEW** US $7.55 Buy It Now 3h 48m
HUNKY AND SPUNKY & FRIENDS : YOU CAN'T SHOE A SHOEFLY ( DVD ) BRAND NEW US $2.97 Buy It Now 3h 57m
Skid Row - Oh Say Can You Scream (VHS, 1990) US $6.95 Buy It Now 3h 58m
You Can't Get Away With Murder (1939), Humphrey Bogart DVD. NEW AND SEALED. US $28.99 Buy It Now 4h 2m
My Two Dads: You Can Count On Me (DVD, 2011) US $1.99 Buy It Now 4h 18m
CAN'T HARDLY WAIT & THE NEW GUY DVD 2 DISC SET US $5.95 Buy It Now 4h 19m
Steve Taylor - Now The Truth Can Be Told (vhs) US $25.00 [0 bids]
VHS: NOW YOU CAN HAVE FINANCIAL FREEDOM US $3.97 Buy It Now 4h 28m
Blood Feast 2: All U Can Eat (DVD, 2003, 2-Disc Set, Special Edition) US $0.99 [1 bids]
THE RUTLES New 2014 ALL YOU NEED IS CASH/CAN'T BUY ME LUNCH 2 DVD/BLU RAY SET US $24.99 Buy It Now 4h 30m
O.G. RIDER PRESENTS: DEEP RIDE - HOW LOW CAN YOU GO? (DVD, 2007) BRAND NEW US $4.00 Buy It Now 4h 34m
LD Skid Row - Oh Say Can You Scream 1992 Japan w/ lyric sheet Laser Disc US $42.50 Buy It Now 4h 43m
Super Sale! Place Of Meeting Can't Be Change Mesto Vstrechi Izmenit Nelzya DVD US $7.99 Buy It Now 4h 44m
16mm TV Commercial Hunts Snack Pack -Party In A Can US $6.95 Buy It Now 4h 52m
Barney - Can You Sing That Song? (DVD, 2007) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Catch Me If You Can (DVD, 2003, 2-Disc Set, Widescreen) US $4.99 Buy It Now 4h 57m
Catch Me If You Can (DVD, 2003, 2-Disc Set, Widescreen) US $5.00 Buy It Now 4h 58m
Till the Clouds Roll By Stage Door Can DVD US $3.98 Buy It Now 5h 7m
VHS AIDS, CAN I GET IT? myths and realities of AIDS US $5.00 Buy It Now 5h 9m
Heaven Can Wait (VHS, 1978) US $8.00 Buy It Now 5h 9m
I Made Millions Buying Antiques! You Can Too! Make $2000 to $25000 a week. VHS US $9.95 [0 bids]
Submarine Warfare (Now it can be Told) Narrated by Gene Kelly documentary VHS US $5.00 Buy It Now 5h 14m
You Can Count on Me (VHS, 2001) US $4.50 Buy It Now 5h 14m
LD - HEAVEN CAN WAIT US $12.99 Buy It Now 5h 17m
Tyler Perry's I Can Do Bad All By Myself (DVD, 2010) US $8.30 Buy It Now 5h 19m
Barney's You Can Be Anything (DVD, 2007) US $2.99 [0 bids]
My Baby Can Talk - Complete Set, 3 DVDs and 3 Books US $49.99 Buy It Now 5h 32m
Catch Me If You Can (DVD, 2003, 2-Disc Set, Widescreen) US $2.99 Buy It Now 5h 38m
LOT OF 7 YOUR BABY CAN READ DVDS, CD + 4 BOOKS US $44.95 Buy It Now 5h 42m
Hilary Duff - The Girl Can Rock - The Concert (DVD, 2004) US $4.99 Buy It Now 5h 45m
VHS Movie Lot- Ghost, The Goodbye Girl, Disclosure, Can't Buy Me Love, Punchline US $7.00 [0 bids]
DVD I Can't Believe I'm Knitting DVD for Beginners US $17.99 Buy It Now 5h 59m
CATCH ME IF YOU CAN (DVD, 2003, 2-Disc Set, Widescreen) New / Free Shipping US $8.55 Buy It Now 6h
Bob the Builder: Yes We Can! by US $5.24 Buy It Now 6h 21m
CONAN O'BRIEN CAN'T STOP (WS) NEW BLURAY US $21.49 Buy It Now 6h 22m
CONAN O'BRIEN CAN'T STOP (WS) NEW DVD US $17.31 Buy It Now 6h 23m
BIG STAR - NOTHING CAN HURT ME NEW BLURAY US $36.37 Buy It Now 6h 23m
I Can Go Potty US $8.50 Buy It Now 6h 31m
Double Feature: Any Gun Can Play & Dan C DVD US $4.00 Buy It Now 6h 32m
Leslie Sansone - You Can Do!: Pilates (DVD, 2004) US $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 33m
Any Which Way You Can Laserdisc (1980) [11077 LV] NEW LD US $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 41m
DVD Hayate The Combat Butler Season 3 Can't Take My Eyes Off You US $45.63 Buy It Now 6h 42m
Catch Me If You Can DVD Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hanks, Christopher Walken, Marti US $4.50 Buy It Now 6h 42m
Can't Buy Me Love (1987 Movie, 2002 DVD) US $5.97 Buy It Now 6h 44m
SPHERE:TEROR CAN FILL ANY SPACER(VHS)DUSTIN HOFFMAN,SHARON STONE,SAMUEL JACKSON US $1.00 Buy It Now 6h 45m
Catch Me If You Can (DVD, 2003, 2-Disc Set, Widescreen) Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom H US $0.99 [0 bids]
Can't Buy Me Love DVD - Free Shipping US $6.00 Buy It Now 7h
Dragon Tales - We Can Work It Out (DVD, 2003) Featuring 5 Adventures US $3.99 Buy It Now 7h
O.G.Rider: Deep Ride - How Low Can You Go ? (DVD, 2007)NEW**FREE SHIPPING US $5.99 Buy It Now 7h 8m
PAPPU CAN'T DANCE SAALA -(2012) Original Bollywood DVD- Vinay Pathak, Neha US $8.50 Buy It Now 7h 13m
Dead Men Can't Dance -RARE, OOP, VHS Michael Biehn REDUCED $$ US $8.99 Buy It Now 7h 19m
Blood Feast 2: All U Can Eat (DVD, 2003, Director's Cut) US $11.99 Buy It Now 7h 26m
Catch Me If You Can (DVD, 2003, 2-Disc Set, Widescreen) NEW US $1.00 [0 bids]
You Can Do Magic - Terry Evanswood (DVD, 2010) 25 Incredible Magic Tricks US $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 33m
Vintage 16mm Film TV Spot--Heaven Can Wait US $23.00 Buy It Now 7h 36m
HILLARY DUFF THE CONCERT THE GIRL CAN ROCK DVD US $5.95 Buy It Now 7h 37m
Fighting Fists of Shanghai Joe/Any Gun Can Play US $5.99 Buy It Now 7h 45m
Super Eruption (DVD, 2013) You Can't Fight Mother Nature US $6.50 [0 bids]
Can't Buy Me Love (DVD, 2002) RARE 1987 ROMANTIC COMEDY W/INSERT US $9.95 Buy It Now 7h 52m
DVD~ The Great American Western Vol 7: Northwest Trail, Any Gun Can Play + 2 US $6.77 Buy It Now 7h 56m
PARKER LEWIS CAN'T LOSE: THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON - NEW DVD BOXSET US $33.94 Buy It Now 8h 3m
Catch Me If You Can (DVD, 2003, 2-Disc Set, Widescreen) US $1.49 [0 bids]
I Can Do Bad All By Myself (DVD, 2005) Perfect! US $7.25 Buy It Now 8h 10m
Pokemon 2000 The Movie (VHS, Clamshell) ONE PERSON CAN MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE US $5.49 [0 bids]

More places to buy CAN music online Buy CAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAN Can ratings distribution

CAN Can reviews

Review by friso
3 stars Can - Can dvd (2005)

I was very excited to watch this dvd for the first time. I had bought the first five records of the band in a time span of two weeks and I was totally hypnotized by their amazing music. Can is one of the main early seventies Krautrock bands. The band its sound can be described as cultish krautrock with a lot of psycho-beat (repetitive catchy rhythms) with a lot of psychedelic and space influences and a very experimental mind-set. Can had it's own studio in which most of the recording and song-writing took place.

The dvd shows both material from the 'classic era' (1969-1974) and footage of the members in their currents musical projects. The dvd's main feature, Can-Free-Concert 1972, is a very very trippy experience. This one hour movie shows a lot of different settings, with as a main setting the concert footage of the Cologne Sporthalle. There's also a scene with the band playing with a little boy on drums (experimental..?) and some other studio- moments. The recording of the concert is mediocre, but it does give a good impression about what a freak-show this must have been. A very psychotic playing band, a juggler and some gymnastics all in one show.

Can doesn't play recognizable material, but improvises improvises the whole show. Some moments are very good, other are a bit boring. The overall experience is however quite bizarre, the mind-set of the band is very special and it gives me a certain 'no problem'- mood. Very interesting film, but not a great concert registration. I would only recommend this to fans of the band and the genre.

The documentaries on the dvd are often to boring to watch for me. The members in their modern projects of the 21th century are interviewed in uninteresting settings and there are no good questions from the interviewers. Sometimes it looks like a home-video affair. The music of 21th century Can isn't at all like the seventies psycho-beat era and it's quality is debatable. It's surely something I can live without and the cd included in this package isn't very essential either.

Conclusion. This is a dvd for real Can-fans and Krautrock listeners. It shows some nice freak-show material of the bands classic period and it surely helps to understand the music of Can presented on their lp's. I don't think this dvd is very essential and I would love to have seen more professional interviews about more interesting topics. I know the classic period of the band is long gone, but I don't think their current projects are that interesting. Three stars, but still a recommendation for the fans. If your new to the band I would recommend to listen to some of their records first.

Send comments to friso (BETA) | Report this review (#287654) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 21, 2010

5 stars Wow!, what a fantastic DVD set it has everything a Can fan would want, three discs one mainly with a concert in 1972, the second one mainlya documentary and the third a music CD. The dvd's also have an interactive pc CDrom functions. Also their are loads of extras on each disc, a short and ve ... (read more)

Report this review (#77081) | Posted by Cheesecakemouse | Wednesday, May 03, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAN "Can"