CAN

Can - Documentary
A short tribute film to Can by Brian Eno
Echo Awards Presentation Footage
Discography
DVD connector - PC Only DVD Rom Link with exclusive access to more interviews previously included in the Can Box Book from 1999, info, photos, Brian Eno's tribute film, links etc.
Biographies
Plus collaborator's biographies
History

Search CAN Can lyrics

Search CAN Can tabs

DVD LSPOONDV47 (2005)
- 2 DVDs/1 Audio CD: Total of Film Footage = 256 Min. including:
- Can-Free-Concert: A film by Peter Przygodda. Filmed live at the Cologne Sporthalle in 1972 .

Thanks to PROGMAN for the addition
and to M@X for the last updates

CAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAN Can Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Tago MagoTago Mago
Mute U.S. 2008
BARNEY'S YOU CAN BE ANYTHING - NEW DVD US $4.58 Buy It Now 43m 43s
I CAN DO BAD ALL BY MYSELF (TYLER PERRY) WS & SLIPCOVER *NEW* US $6.95 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Studio B We Can Do It Poster US $16.71 Buy It Now 1h 34m
Oreimo (My Sister Can't Be This Cute!) Season 1 Collec - Region4 DVD - BRAND NEW US $56.43 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Catch Me If You Can (DVD, 2004) 2 DISC SPECIAL EDITION - REGION 4 - FREE POSTAGE US $8.46 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Can Do Coll (2005) - Used - Dvd US $5.63 Buy It Now 2h 12m
(VHS '89) RITA MORENO - NOW YOU CAN: Fit And Fabulous Forever (exercise workout) US $1.88 [0 bids]
Bill Gunter, U.S. Marshall: CAN BAD PEOPLE GO TO HEAVEN? VHS Willie George Video US $11.88 Buy It Now 2h 26m
Boris Karloff: The Veil (Tin Can) by * US $4.51 Buy It Now 2h 54m
Red Green: We Can't Help It - We're Men DVD US $7.96 Buy It Now 3h 9m
You Can Play Bluegrass Mandolin, Vol. 1 DVD US $17.00 Buy It Now 3h 9m
Roly Salley: You Can Play Electric Bass: A Complete Course fo DVD US $18.48 Buy It Now 3h 9m
VHS: CAN I DO IT TIL I NEED GLASSES......ROBIN WILLIAMS.....ULTRA RARE US $27.99 Buy It Now 3h 24m
Can't Hardly Wait (DVD, 1998, Subtitled French; Closed Caption) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Catch Me If You Can (DVD, 2003, 2-Disc Set, Widescreen) US $4.99 Buy It Now 4h
CATCH ME IF YOU CAN - LEONARDO DICAPRIO/TOM HANKS - DVD VIDEO US $0.99 [0 bids]
Wesley A Heart Transformed Can Change The World DVD US $15.05 Buy It Now 4h 48m
I Can Do Bad All By Myself (DVD, 2005) US $8.43 Buy It Now 5h 8m
Eastbound and Down Buttons! Ashley Schaeffer Set, I can feel it down in my plums US $5.08 Buy It Now 5h 14m
Eastbound and Down Buttons! Ashley Schaeffer Set, I can feel it down in my plums US $1.68 Buy It Now 5h 14m
Lot of 2 Laserdiscs - Somewhere in Time, Heaven Can Wait US $1.99 [0 bids]
Catch Me If You Can (DVD, 2003, 2-Disc Set, Widescreen) @ EPIC ROOK US $5.99 Buy It Now 5h 55m
Twilight Zone: The Silence, Kick The Can, A World of Difference, etc... US $0.99 [0 bids]
6h
Jamey Aebersold: Jazz - Anyone Can Improvise DVD US $12.79 Buy It Now 6h 9m
Can I Do It...Til I Need Glasses VHS Roger Behr, Debra Klose; I. Robert Levy US $39.99 Buy It Now 6h 25m
You Can't Take It With You (DVD, 2003) US $1.75 [0 bids]
Divorce Can Happen To The Nicest People VHS US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 46m
I Can Do Bad All By Myself (DVD, 2005) US $7.75 Buy It Now 6h 54m
Bob the Builder - Can We Fix It? (DVD, 2006, Sensormatic) US $7.19 Buy It Now 6h 54m
Catch Me If You Can (DVD, 2003, 2-Disc Set, Widescreen) Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom H US $0.99 [0 bids]
Bob the Builder - Can We Fix It? (DVD, 2006, Sensormatic) US $0.95 [0 bids]
You Can Do IT Yoga For MS US $0.75 [0 bids]
WILD HEARTS CAN'T BE BROKEN Gabrielle Anwar & Cliff Robertson (1991) VHS US $2.99 Buy It Now 7h 9m
Bob the Builder: Yes We Can!, Very Good DVD, , US $4.00 Buy It Now 7h 26m
SLEEPAWAY CAMP SURVIVAL KIT CAMP CAN BE MURDER US $19.00 [1 bids]
Dead Men Can't Dance VHS LIVE Ent., Michael Biehn Kathleen York Adrian Paul US $13.99 [0 bids]
Reservoir Dogs 15th Anniversary 2 Disc Set in Gas Can Metal Tin STEELBOOK US $9.00 [0 bids]
La Cosa Nostra: The Mafia - An Expose: 5-Pack (DVD, 2005, 5-Disc Set, Tin Can) US $0.99 [1 bids]
Catch Me If You Can (DVD, 2003, 2-Disc Set, Full Frame) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Heaven Can Wait (DVD, 1999) ROMANCE, WARREN BEATTY, JULIE CHRISTIE, JAMES MASON US $2.36 [3 bids]
Dragon Tales - Yes, We Can, DVD, Ellen Kennedy, Aida Ortega, Scott McNeil, Eli G US $6.39 Buy It Now 8h 40m
3 PACK DVD PAUL BLART MALL COP,NACHO LIBRE & PCU-FLUNK 'EM IF THEY CAN'T TAKE A US $6.95 Buy It Now 8h 41m
DVD Final Destination 2 ** You Can't Cheat Death Twice ** US $6.92 Buy It Now 8h 50m
YOU CAN DANCE: TANGO NEW DVD US $21.75 Buy It Now 8h 51m
Catch Me If You Can DVD 2003 US $3.00 Buy It Now 8h 56m
Heaven Can Wait (DVD, 1999) US $10.99 Buy It Now 8h 57m
EVANGELION: 2.22 YOU CAN NOT ADVANCE NEW BLURAY US $35.26 Buy It Now 9h
BARRY ASMUS HOW CAN OUR ECONOMY RECOVER? DVD US $3.99 [0 bids]
Teen Comedies Can't Hardly Wait,High School High And More!! US $15.47 Buy It Now 9h 17m
Catch Me If You Can (DVD, 2003, 2-Disc Set, Full Frame) US $5.49 Buy It Now 9h 18m
Spell To Write And Read: DVD: You Can Do It! US $12.00 Buy It Now 9h 18m
JAMEY AEBERSOLD - JAZZ: ANYONE CAN IMPROVISE NEW DVD US $24.83 Buy It Now 9h 32m
VHS: You Can't Cheat an Honest Man [VHS], George Marshall, Edward F. Cline. New US $12.74 Buy It Now 9h 41m
Can't Hardly Wait (DVD, 1998, Subtitled French; Closed Caption) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Reservoir Dogs (DVD, 2006, 15th Anniversary) Limited Tin Gas Can Edition US $8.95 Buy It Now 9h 50m
Evangelion 2.22: You Can (Not) Advance Blu-ray US $23.09 Buy It Now 9h 53m
FARTHER THAN THE EYE CAN SEE DVD, ERIK WEIHENMAYER, OUTSIDE, BRAND NEW SEALED! US $9.95 [0 bids]
VeggieTales - Sing Alongs: I Can Be Your Friend (DVD, 2007) US $0.99 [0 bids]
How Democrats and Progressives Can Win: Solutions from George Lakoff by George US $4.48 Buy It Now 10h 4m
YOU CAN DANCE**LAMBADA **DVD US $9.82 Buy It Now 10h 11m
The Who Can You See The Real Me + Bonus DVD US $13.00 [1 bids]
New Sealed You Can Draw Star Wars Volume Two DVD Hosted By Matt Busch US $3.99 [0 bids]
Tyler Perry DVD,I can do bad all by myself,Mama Flora's Family, Evan Almighty US $11.99 [0 bids]
Can't Buy Me Love [VHS] US $1.00 Buy It Now 10h 33m
Jamey Aebersold: Jazz - Anyone Can Improvise, Good DVD, , US $13.85 Buy It Now 10h 35m
Catch Me If You Can (DVD, 2003, 2-Disc Set, Widescreen) US $14.99 Buy It Now 10h 40m
Ships from the USA Alain Delon ANY NUMBER CAN WIN (1963) NEW DVD FRENCH US $22.95 Buy It Now 10h 40m
My Two Dads - You Can Count on Me! (DVD, ASIN: B004DOTKCS) Brand New US $7.49 Buy It Now 10h 41m
Catch Me If You Can (DVD, 2003, 2-Disc Set ) Leonardo DiCaprio US $1.99 [0 bids]
I Can't Think Straight (DVD, 2010) US $12.53 Buy It Now 10h 50m
You Can't Take It with You 1938 Laser Disc NEW Lionel Barrymore - James Stewart US $10.99 Buy It Now 10h 53m
Two Can Play That Game (DVD, 2001) US $4.00 Buy It Now 10h 55m
You can't Take it with you DVD US $5.00 [0 bids]
Hilary Duff The Concert The Girl Can Rock US $5.00 Buy It Now 11h 9m
HELEN BAYLOR CAN YOU REACH MY FRIEND (ACCOMPAINMENT PERFOMANCE TRACK) US $8.00 Buy It Now 11h 12m
MARY MARY CAN'T GIVE UP NOW (ACCOMPAINMENT PERFOMANCE TRACK) US $8.00 Buy It Now 11h 14m
LEE WILLIAMS CAN'T RUN (ACCOMPAINMENT PERFOMANCE TRACK) US $8.00 Buy It Now 11h 16m
You Can't Hurry Love/Love Hurts (DVD, 2006) US $2.00 [0 bids]
VICKI REGAN-You Can Learn Ball Room Dancing-FOXTROT DVD US $18.85 Buy It Now 11h 23m
FARTHER THAN THE EYE CAN SEE EVEREST 2 -DVD SET A Film by Michael Brown, US $5.25 [0 bids]
MY TWO DADS**YOU CAN COUNT ON ME! (10 EP)**DVD US $8.46 Buy It Now 11h 37m
Catch Me If You Can (DVD, 2003, 2-Disc Set, Widescreen) "LIKE NEW" US $1.49 [0 bids]
Can Go Through Skin US $16.16 Buy It Now 11h 44m
Elvis Presley Film Can w/ 4 DVD (1993) US $69.99 [0 bids]
Metallica 12 DVD Lot Fan Can Live S&M Cunning Cliff Megadeth Slayer Anthrax US $26.00 [2 bids]
Any Which Way You Can New DVD Clint Eastwood Sondra Locke Ruth Gordon US $11.25 Buy It Now 11h 48m
Catch Me If You Can (DVD, 2003, 2-Disc Set, Widescreen) US $2.00 Buy It Now 11h 52m
All She Can DVD US $3.98 Buy It Now 11h 55m
Catch Me If You Can (Full Screen Two-Disc Special Edition) (2002) US $7.00 [0 bids]
12h
Can't Buy Me Love (DVD, 2002) US $3.50 Buy It Now 12h 3m
PARKER LEWIS **CAN'T LOSE S2: COMPLETE SEASON**4DVD US $42.46 Buy It Now 12h 12m
YOU CAN DANCE**MAMBO **DVD US $9.82 Buy It Now 12h 16m
HIROMI NAGASAKU & TORU MASUOKA**CAST ME IF YOU CAN**DVD US $14.49 Buy It Now 12h 23m
ONE EYED JACKS & ANY GUN CAN PLAY (DVD) MARLON BRANDO AND EDD BYRNES, NEW US $2.95 Buy It Now 12h 28m
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC**CAN THE GULF SURVIVE**DVD US $16.96 Buy It Now 12h 33m
LE HAVRE Brand New REGION B Blu-Ray Movie Miracles Can Happen Aki Kaurismaki US $15.00 Buy It Now 12h 37m
Your Baby Can Read! vol 2 (2009) US $1.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy CAN music online Buy CAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAN Can ratings distribution

CAN Can reviews

Review by friso
3 stars Can - Can dvd (2005)

I was very excited to watch this dvd for the first time. I had bought the first five records of the band in a time span of two weeks and I was totally hypnotized by their amazing music. Can is one of the main early seventies Krautrock bands. The band its sound can be described as cultish krautrock with a lot of psycho-beat (repetitive catchy rhythms) with a lot of psychedelic and space influences and a very experimental mind-set. Can had it's own studio in which most of the recording and song-writing took place.

The dvd shows both material from the 'classic era' (1969-1974) and footage of the members in their currents musical projects. The dvd's main feature, Can-Free-Concert 1972, is a very very trippy experience. This one hour movie shows a lot of different settings, with as a main setting the concert footage of the Cologne Sporthalle. There's also a scene with the band playing with a little boy on drums (experimental..?) and some other studio- moments. The recording of the concert is mediocre, but it does give a good impression about what a freak-show this must have been. A very psychotic playing band, a juggler and some gymnastics all in one show.

Can doesn't play recognizable material, but improvises improvises the whole show. Some moments are very good, other are a bit boring. The overall experience is however quite bizarre, the mind-set of the band is very special and it gives me a certain 'no problem'- mood. Very interesting film, but not a great concert registration. I would only recommend this to fans of the band and the genre.

The documentaries on the dvd are often to boring to watch for me. The members in their modern projects of the 21th century are interviewed in uninteresting settings and there are no good questions from the interviewers. Sometimes it looks like a home-video affair. The music of 21th century Can isn't at all like the seventies psycho-beat era and it's quality is debatable. It's surely something I can live without and the cd included in this package isn't very essential either.

Conclusion. This is a dvd for real Can-fans and Krautrock listeners. It shows some nice freak-show material of the bands classic period and it surely helps to understand the music of Can presented on their lp's. I don't think this dvd is very essential and I would love to have seen more professional interviews about more interesting topics. I know the classic period of the band is long gone, but I don't think their current projects are that interesting. Three stars, but still a recommendation for the fans. If your new to the band I would recommend to listen to some of their records first.

Send comments to friso (BETA) | Report this review (#287654) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 21, 2010

5 stars Wow!, what a fantastic DVD set it has everything a Can fan would want, three discs one mainly with a concert in 1972, the second one mainlya documentary and the third a music CD. The dvd's also have an interactive pc CDrom functions. Also their are loads of extras on each disc, a short and ve ... (read more)

Report this review (#77081) | Posted by Cheesecakemouse | Wednesday, May 03, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAN "Can"