I TURNED TO SEE WHOSE VOICE IT WAS

Gomorrha I Turned To See Whose Voice It Was album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy GOMORRHA Music
Studio Album, released in 1972

1. Dance On A Volcano (10:01)
2. Opening Of The Sealed Book (5:45)
3. Dead Life (3:56)
4. I Turned To See Whose Voice It Was (7:48)
5. I Try To Change This World (9:31)
6. Titish Child (6:57)

Polymedia
Brain Metronomia 1003
Reissue: Repertoire B00000B5M8

Thanks to Philippe Blache for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

GOMORRHA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GOMORRHA I Turned To See Whose Voice It Was Music

I Turned to See Whose Voice It WasI Turned to See Whose Voice It Was
Repertoire Europe/Zoom 2002
TraumaTrauma
Second Battle 2001
Gomorrha - I Turned To See Whose Voice It Was - Long Hair - LHC 133Gomorrha - I Turned To See Whose Voice It Was - Long Hair - LHC 133
Long Hair
Vinyl$45.19
Gomorrha - Trauma - Long Hair - LHC 130Gomorrha - Trauma - Long Hair - LHC 130
Long Hair
Vinyl$45.19
CDs LOT WUMPSCUT BLUTKIND BLOODCHILD DRIED BLOOD OF GOMORRHA HOCICO CURSED LAND US $19.99 [0 bids]
Gomorrha-Gomorrha Comp. 12" Half Orange/Half Clear Vinyl 2001 Hater Of God M/M US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
GOMORRHA ~ Sexual Perversity By Autopsy ~ CD Album ~ Like NEW! US $10.98 Buy It Now 3 days
GOMORRHA-I turned to see whose voice it was-'70 KRAUT-NEW CD US $22.99 Buy It Now 4 days
GOMORRHA TRAUMA RARE OOP CD US $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
GOMORRHA I TURNED TO SEE WHOSE VOICE IT WAS RARE OOP CD US $14.99 Buy It Now 5 days
GOMORRHA Trauma CD US $11.99 Buy It Now 6 days
GOMORRHA I Turned To See Whose Voice It CD US $11.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Hellchild / Gomorrha 7" Converge botch brutal truth neurosis US $10.00 Buy It Now 7 days
GOMORRHA I Turned to See Whose Voice It Was CD German Hard Rock/Prog, Repertoire US $17.99 Buy It Now 7 days
:wumpscut: - Dried Blood of Gomorrha (CD, Oct-1997, Metropolis) WUMPSCUT MET058 US $9.49 Buy It Now 7 days
GOMORRHA-I turned to see whose voice it was-70 KRAUT-LP US $41.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Wumpscut-Dried Blood of Gomorrha CD NEW US $13.30 Buy It Now 9 days
GOMORRHA - I Turned To See Whose Voice It Was (reissue) - CD US $32.65 Buy It Now 9 days
GOMORRHA - Trauma - CD US $32.65 Buy It Now 9 days
GOMORRHA - Trauma (reissue) - gatefold LP US $42.89 Buy It Now 9 days
CLASSICAL LP: HARTMANN Sodom und Gomorrha GIRARUDOUX US $24.95 Buy It Now 10 days
GOMORRHA Trauma FRANCE Rare CD Digipak 1996 Spalax Issue All NEAR MINT ! US $32.75 Buy It Now 11 days
WUMPSCUT - DRIED BLOOD OF GOMORRHA NEW CD US $17.41 Buy It Now 11 days
Dried Blood of Gomorrha by :wumpscut: (CD, Oct-1997, Metropolis) US $6.98 Buy It Now 12 days
Gomorrha Sexual Perversion By Autopsy CD US $12.99 Buy It Now 13 days
V/A - Homo Homini Lupus 7" Autoritar Gomorrha Shank Comatose S.C.D. 1998 US $4.49 Buy It Now 14 days
GOMORRHA "TRAUMA" Re US $30.00 Buy It Now 14 days
GOMORRHA "I TURNED TO SEE WHOSE VOICE IT WAS" Re US $30.00 Buy It Now 14 days
CD-Gomorrha-I Turned to See Whose Voice It Was 70's ~Kraut Rock Psych US $17.00 Buy It Now 15 days
CD-Gomorrha-Trauma~'70 progressive Psych US $17.00 Buy It Now 15 days
Hellchild/Gomorrha-split 7", new, German, Hardcore US $9.00 Buy It Now 17 days
HELLCHILD x GOMORRHA split 7" Germany 1999 US $3.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Gomorrha-I Turned to See Whose Voice German prog psych cd Long Hair remaster US $19.99 Buy It Now 21 days
Gomorrha-Trauma German prog psych cd Long Hair remaster 9 bonus tracks US $19.99 Buy It Now 21 days
@ CD Gomorrha - Body (p)art / NICE TO EAT YOU RECORDS 2006 US $9.99 Buy It Now 23 days
Dried Blood of Gomorrha, :wumpscut:, Good US $3.99 Buy It Now 25 days
:WUMPSCUT: - DRIED BLOOD OF GOMORRHA - NEW CD US $9.15 Buy It Now 25 days
Gomorrha * Sexual Perversity By Autopsy * CD * Death Metal * 2003 * US $6.99 Buy It Now 25 days
GOMORRHA ? I TURNED TO SEE ? 1972 green Brain Germany prog KRAUTROCK HOLY GRAIL US $420.00 Buy It Now 29 days
Dried Blood of Gomorrha - Wumpscut New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $15.64 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy GOMORRHA music online Buy GOMORRHA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GOMORRHA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GOMORRHA I Turned To See Whose Voice It Was ratings distribution

GOMORRHA I Turned To See Whose Voice It Was reviews

4 stars After the disappointment of their debut I wasn't expecting much here, but they surprised me big time.There are a few reasons for the improvement. On the debut these guys could only afford to use the studio from midnight to 3am, which they did over a two week period. No producer was helping them either, so they were on their own and it showed. In fact the band quickly disassociated themselves from the debut because they just weren't happy with the results. By the way there was the original German version of the debut then an English version ("Trauma") recorded the following year. On this album they were helped by legendary producer Conny Plank who was a major help, but also Brain Records saw the potential in this band and signed them to their label.This was important as well because they gave them complete artistic freedom and the studio time to create the album they wanted.

"Dance On A Volcano" rocks out pretty good early on and vocals join in at 1 1/2 minutes. Aggressive guitar a minute later. A calm 3 minutes in. Organ 4 1/2 minutes in as it stays laid back. It's building 6 1/2 minutes in then the tempo picks up as the vocals return. Some nice bass late. "Opening Of The Sealed Book" opens with guitar, tapping and vocals only.The guitar eventually takes over making some noise.Vocals are back after 2 minutes then the tempo picks up again as drums and guitar take over. "Dead Life" picks up when the vocals stop.The keyboards before 3 minutes sound great then the vocals return.

"I Turned To See Whose Voice It Was" is a quote from the book of Revelation and they are the words of John. Strummed guitar as reserved vocals join in.This is fairly uptempo too. Percussion takes over 2 minutes in then the guitar joins in as they jam. "I Try To Change This World" opens with relaxed drums and guitar. It's heavier 2 minutes in when the vocals arrive.When the vocals stop the guitar lights it up. Nice. It settles back before 7 minutes. So good. It's dark as the vocals return in a reserved manner. "Titish Child" is uptempo with drums and guitar leading.Vocals after 1 1/2 minutes.The keyboards before 2 1/2 minutes are great.The guitar sounds amazing too after 4 minutes.Vocals are back late.

This will be joining my favourite Krautrock discs. An impressive album.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#426066) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 01, 2011

Review by Sagichim
COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
3 stars Gomorrah is a heavy psych prog german band, consisting of no less than six musicians although i must say their sound is not so diverse, i heard 4 piece bands that were much more diverse sounding than them, but that's not saying anything about their music. This, their second album and also their last, released in 1972 only a year after their debut is a big improvement in every way, in song writing, production and playing. Out goes the 60's influences of their previous work, the music now is a mix of hard rock, blues and heavy progressive. The writing is not so complex although the playing is very good and you know you are facing a very capable band. The band emphasis is on the excellent guitar and the heavy rhythm created by the rhythm section. There are some very good ideas carried out like they should and some mediocare ideas where the band chose to go to a controversial direction. They also include some improvisation into their music and there is a slight feel in about half the songs that the band is jamming, more than following something written. The songs are never bad but they are also not that great, they fail to reach any great heights, that would really raise the album from mediocrity. Keys are also incorporated but they are not evident at all and doesn't add anything special to the music, although it really could use that help. Vocals are the weakest link of the chain, singer Peter Otten doesn't have a great voice and neither can he really sing, his vocals ranges from ok to not good. Although in some cases I feel like a band can do better than what they did, in this case I feel Gomorrah pretty much gave us everything they could. It seems the band is not interested or should i say couldn't write complex prog songs, but settled on writing a few ideas and giving them extended versions while improvising on them.

Highlights in the album if i must say is maybe the closing track 'Titish Child' featuring excellent guitars on top of a good rhythm and some very good drums too. 'Opening Of The Sealed Book' is another goodie featuring a cool guitar riff, but i think with a little more work they could make it a real killer song. Other songs, all contain very good moments but the overall song, as a whole suffers from mediocare vocals, boring improvisation and mediocare material. Overall it's a good addition to your collection but hardly essential, that would maybe appeal more to guitar freaks that can't get enough of that 70's guitars, like me!

Send comments to Sagichim (BETA) | Report this review (#769419) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 11, 2012

3 stars Gomorrha was a german heavy psych band who released two albums in the early seventies (actually three since the debut was recorded with german lyrics and then re- recorded with english lyrics). Was the debut mainly sixties blues mixed with psychedelics, the second album was more adventurous. No ... (read more)

Report this review (#74904) | Posted by Agemo | Friday, April 14, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of GOMORRHA "I Turned To See Whose Voice It Was"