THE UNION TOUR LIVE

Yes The Union Tour Live album cover

Buy YES Music
DVD/Video, released in 1991

1. Intro: Firebird Suite
2. Yours Is No Disgrace (15:06)
3. Rhythm of Love (5:04)
4. Heart of the Sunrise (10:16)
5. Clap (6:26)
6. Owner of a Lonely Heart (6:24)
7. I've Seen All Good People (7:26)
8. Solly's Beard (6:25)
9. Saving My Heart (4:55)
10. The Fish / Amazing Grace (10:05)
11. Rick Wakeman Solo (4:21)
12. Awaken (19:01)

- Rick Wakeman / keyboards
- Tony Kaye / keyboards

Recorded live in Mountain View, California, August 8, 1991
VHS - EFC Services, Inc., 1991
DVD - Vap Video, 2000, VPBR-11034 (Japan only)

Thanks to NotAProghead for the addition
and to fernandoff for the last updates

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES The Union Tour Live Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Heaven & EarthHeaven & Earth
The Studio Albums 1969-1987The Studio Albums 1969-1987
Atlantic Catalog Group 2013
9012590125
Elektra / Wea 2004
Songs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary ConcertSongs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary Concert
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2014
Fly From HereFly From Here
Deluxe Edition
Frontiers Records 2011
Going for the OneGoing for the One
Atlantic 2003
"Yes Sir, Jack Nicklaus And The Historic 1986 Masters Victory DVD" US $11.68 Buy It Now 1h 27m
BOB THE BUILDER / - YES WE CAN: BACK TO SCHOOL / NEW DVD US $12.76 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Yes Man Jim Carrey Used Blu-ray Disc Not Dvd US $2.99 [0 bids]
Yes - Symphonic Live (2002) - Used - Digital Video Disc US $5.98 Buy It Now 2h 22m
YES - LIVE AT MONTREUX 2003 / NEW DVD US $16.58 Buy It Now 2h 29m
Yes Virginia (2010) - Used - Dvd US $2.84 Buy It Now 2h 41m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009, Special Edition) Jim Carrey US $0.01 [0 bids]
BOB THE BUILDER "YES WE CAN" DVD~PLUS BONUS ADVENTURES~46 MINUTES,NEW IN PACKAGE US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 34m
Yes Man DVD Full Screen Widescreen Dc Copy Available On Line US $9.72 Buy It Now 3h 42m
Yes Rock Of The 70S DVD US $28.27 Buy It Now 3h 43m
Yes Acoustic DVD CONCERT ONE US $18.04 Buy It Now 3h 43m
Yes And You & I: A Musical Documentary DVD US $17.65 Buy It Now 3h 43m
Joel Osteen Yes is in Your Future US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 22m
Yes - Live in Amsterdam (Blu-ray Disc, 2011) US $15.99 [0 bids]
Yes or No 2010 DVD Sealed Thai Film Yaak Rak Gaw Rak Loey Aom Sucharat Manaying US $22.39 Buy It Now 5h 57m
Burn After Reading [Fantastic Movie - Incredibly Funny & Entertaining, YES!!] US $0.99 [0 bids]
Bob the Builder Dvd's- Yes We Can AND Dig! Lift! Haul! US $4.00 [0 bids]
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) US $7.80 Buy It Now 7h 15m
Yes - Live at Montreux 2003 (DVD, 2007) GREAT SHAPE US $8.36 Buy It Now 7h 19m
YES MAN DVD JIM CARREY Funny Movie US $2.99 Buy It Now 7h 35m
2 DVD SET YES 35TH ANNIVERSARY CONCERT SONGS FROM TSONGAS SEALED NEW LIVE US $7.11 Buy It Now 8h 14m
Steve Hackett - Spectral Mornings DVD (Yes) US $16.95 Buy It Now 8h 36m
The House of Yes (VHS Movie) US $2.99 Buy It Now 8h 40m
Say Yes (VHS Movie) US $2.99 Buy It Now 8h 40m
The Three Stooges - Yes We Have No Bonanza (VHS Movie) US $2.99 Buy It Now 8h 40m
Yes Virginia There is a Santa Claus (VHS Movie) US $2.99 Buy It Now 8h 40m
Yes Man (Ws) (Ff)-DVD- US $4.99 Buy It Now 8h 55m
DVD Movie THE YES MEN Sarah Price Chris Smith 2005 US $9.00 Buy It Now 8h 58m
Bob The Builder 4 DVDs Yes We Can Dizzys Adventures Dig Lift Haul Digging Treasu US $21.99 Buy It Now 9h 3m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $8.00 Buy It Now 9h 4m
Yes - Live at Montreux 2003 (DVD, 2007) US $9.99 Buy It Now 9h 22m
Jon Anderson Tour of the Universe (DVD, 2005) Yes US $9.99 Buy It Now 9h 22m
Yes Symphonic Live 2 Concert dvd set US $2.99 [0 bids]
YES New Sealed 2014 Previously Unreleased LIVE CONCERT IN BULGARIA DVD US $19.99 Buy It Now 10h 7m
YES SIR JACK NICKLAUS & HISTORIC 1986 MASTERS NEW DVD US $24.22 Buy It Now 11h 7m
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) New Sealed US $10.99 Buy It Now 11h 15m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009, new) US $5.79 Buy It Now 11h 24m
Yes: Symphonic Live (VHS, 2002) NEW US $1.99 [0 bids]
TROY SNEED MY HEART SAYS YES (ACCOMPANIMENT PERFOMANCE TRACK) US $8.00 Buy It Now 12h 43m
Yes - Yesacoustic (DVD, 2004) Guaranteed No Hiss US $5.99 Buy It Now 12h 45m
Yes Boss - Shahrukh Khan, Juhi Chawla - Bollywood Romantic Comedy Movie DVD US $3.99 Buy It Now 13h 8m
YES MAN (WS) NEW DVD US $10.07 Buy It Now 13h 58m
A Greater Yes: The Story of Amy Newhouse by Anne Underwood, Bradley Dorsey, Mik US $0.99 Buy It Now 14h 13m
Yes Man DVD Comedy and PG-13 ? US $8.50 Buy It Now 14h 25m
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) blu-ray disc only US $5.75 Buy It Now 14h 41m
Yes - Symphonic Live NEW DVD US $21.25 Buy It Now 14h 54m
Mathematic, YES! Grades 6-8 (DVD) McGraw Hill Glencoe US $6.39 Buy It Now 15h 4m
A Greater Yes (DVD, 2010, ASIN: B00308BAXK, Widescreen) Brand New US $7.82 Buy It Now 15h 5m
RICK WAKEMAN of YES New Sealed 2014 LIVE CONCERT & COMEDY PICTURE SHOW DVD US $17.99 Buy It Now 15h 9m
The Yes Men DVD NEW Sealed US $3.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $5.00 [0 bids]
The Yes Men (DVD, 2005) US $2.95 Buy It Now 15h 34m
Bob the Builder - Yes We Can! (DVD, 2005)*SAVE*CLEARANCE*SAVE NOW! US $2.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) US $6.95 Buy It Now 15h 52m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $1.00 [0 bids]
e221 Japan Laserdisc Yes GREATEST VIDEO HITS HOLD ON MADRIGAL LEAVE IT ? US $32.70 Buy It Now 16h 6m
Yes Man and Don't Mess with the Zohan "USED DVD's" Great Price Free Shipping US $11.99 [0 bids]
Yes - Yessongs (DVD, 1998) US $17.95 Buy It Now 16h 22m
Lot of 2 LEGENDS OF ROCK ~ Yes ~ Yesyears ~ Laser Discs US $9.99 [0 bids]
6 Yes Minister Yes Prime Minister VHS 3 New FS Bishop's Gambit Official Secrets US $18.99 Buy It Now 17h 13m
Ray, the Notebook, Yes Man, the Break-up US $5.00 [0 bids]
Bob the Builder - Yes We Can! (DVD, 2010, Brand New) US $6.25 Buy It Now 17h 29m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) JIM CARREY 2008 WIDESCREEN US $0.99 Buy It Now 17h 54m
Miracle Adventure Country of 5 Mirror Movie Yes! Pretty Cure! Tracking F/S Japan US $69.99 Buy It Now 17h 56m
Yes (DVD, 2005) WS US $1.52 Buy It Now 17h 57m
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) US $3.50 Buy It Now 18h
UFC 88 DVD........2 DISK SET.......CHUCK!.........YES!.........GREAT PRICE... US $8.88 Buy It Now 19h 12m
LAUREL N HARDY......PREMIUM COLLECTORS EDITION......LIKE NEW....YES!.... US $22.22 Buy It Now 19h 13m
Yes virginia there is a Santa claus dvd US $5.99 [0 bids]
YES Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe An Evening of Yes Music Plus VHS rare MINT US $69.99 Buy It Now 21h 16m
Yes Man (DVD, 2012) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $5.95 Buy It Now 23h 33m
Yes Prime Minister Complete Collection DVD 2 Disc US $46.46 Buy It Now 1 day
YES MAN*****BLU-RAY*****REGION B*****NEW & SEALED US $18.60 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man DVD *NEW* US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The New Gospels Rick & Adam Wakeman VHS Video Former Yes Prog Rock Keyboardist US $14.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman Simply Acoustic VHS Video Keyboardist of Progressive Rock Band YES US $8.48 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes You Can Microwave VHS Video & Book Set Cooking Cuisine Gourmet BRAND NEW US $3.96 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man US $5.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Joel Osteen Yes Is In Your Future DVD (S-7) Small tear US $5.21 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes, Minister - The Complete Collection (DVD, 2003, 4-Disc Set) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (Single-Disc Edition) US $2.50 Buy It Now 1 day
LOT OF 2 MELISSA ETHERIDGE MUSIC CDs BRAVE AND CRAZY & YES I AM US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Bob the Builder - Yes We Can! (DVD, 2005) US $0.99 [0 bids]
A Greater Yes, DVD US $13.29 Buy It Now 1 day
BOB THE BUILDER - YES WE CAN! [CANADIAN; BILINGUAL] - NEW DVD US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BOB THE BUILDER - YES WE CAN! - NEW DVD US $5.47 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Virginia (with Spanish Audio) - DVD-STANDARD Region 1 Brand New Free Shippin US $11.80 Buy It Now 1 day
5 Yes Prime Minister VHS Bishop's Gambit Official Secrets, Power 2 People US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
5 Jim Carrey DVD Lot: Liar Liar Ace Ventura The Number 23 Yes Man Lemony Snicket US $8.95 Buy It Now 1 day
'THE YES MEN' ANDY BICHLBAUM MIKE BONANNO DVD NEW US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The BOURNE SUPREMACY,Matt Damon,Karl Urban,Joan Allen,Julia Stiles,Brian Cox,YES US $1.49 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $3.25 Buy It Now 1 day
Tha Alphabet Killer,Eliza Dushku,Carl Elwes,Timothy Hutton,R,Blu-ray,True,YES,$$ US $5.29 [0 bids]
IQ - Live From London (DVD, 2005) Neo Progressive Rock Genesis Yes US $10.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES The Union Tour Live ratings distribution

YES The Union Tour Live reviews

Review by memowakeman
3 stars Union Tour!

You might probably believe that this DVD consists in a performance of the majority of the songs included in their "Union" album, and when you see that title you will probably think that this DVD is a waste of time and itīs not worth it, let me tell you that i thought the same, when i saw the title i expected something poppier and 90125/Generator/Union oriented DVD.

Luckily,i was wrong (i said luckily because i donīt really like that Union album) and this DVD features a nice performance of 13 good songs taken from their 70īs and 80īs, the title of Union i think itīs regarding to a Re - Union of the 8 members, so many members on stage, two keyboard players, two drummers, two guitarists it is a delight to see such an awesome musicinas like them, Anderson, Bruford, White, Squire, Wakeman, Kaye, Howe and Rabin playing together, (thing which is not always good, sometimes uneccessary) but nonetheless enjoyable.

My favorite moments here are the performances of "Heart of the Sunrise", "Yours is no Disgrace" the solo part of Squire playing "The Fish" and the best moment of this DVD is "Awaken" definitely, last time i watched this video i repeated that song twice. Anyway there are some weak moments, such as the interpretation of "Rythm of Love", "Saving my Heart" and even the solo moment of "Wakeman" he could have done anything much better.

13 songs, 2 hours of Yes music, i suggest this only if you have watched at least 2 or 3 other concerts of them, this is not bad at all, but believe me they have recorded much better DVD than this, my final grade will be 3 stars, good but non-essential.

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#114580) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 08, 2007

Review by Guillermo
4 stars In 1991, one of my brothers was living and working in Germany. One day I received a letter from him telling me, among other things, that he was going to see YES in concert in Frankfurt`s Festhalle, with a line-up consisting of Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman, Howe, Squire, White, Kaye and Rabin. He also sent me an ad which showed this concert announced in a German magazine. At that time, like many people in the world, we didn`t use the Internet yet, so I didn`t now yet that YES had an eight musicians line- up then and that they released the "Union" album in the same year. Some months later, my brother came briefly to our city to visit us, his family, and also to see several things related to his job, and for my surprise he bought two cassettes that one of his German friends copied from DAT tapes he recorded the Festhalle concert. The recordings, while being made from the audience, were in fact very good, and it had all the songs that YES played at that concert. My brother also bought the Official Tour Book which he gave me as a gift. I also copied his cassettes, and I had my own copies. For my surprise, at the end of 1991 two FM radio staions of my city broadcasted highlights from the concert they played in Wembley. I recorded the two broadcasts on cassettes, none of which broadcasted all the songs played in that concert. So, I wasn`t unaware of which songs YES played in that tour. The only difference is that in the Festhalle concert they played "Hold On". Of course, I don`t like unofficial recordings to be sold, so I never sold or traded copies of my tapes. The same happened with my brother, who received his copies as gifts.

In 1999 I went to see YES playing in my city during the "The Ladder Tour". Of course, outside of the arena there were a lot of people selling unofficial things: DVDs, cassettes, CDs, VHSs, shirts, etc. I remember that then I saw there a DVD copy of the "YES Union Tour Live", which I was tempted to buy, but already knowing how bad some unofficial recordings are and because I still didn`t have a DVD player and on that day I only carried enough money for transportation and to drink some beers during the concert, I didn`t buy that DVD.

Well, recently I had the opportunity to finally see a DVD copy of this video, which a friend bought in the "black market". It has a different cover. He told me that this copy obviously has some quality problems (the quality of unofficial materials is often bad, of course), but being the only chance to see this video it still was good.

This concert was recorded at the Shoreline Amphittheatre, the same venue on which the video from ABWH was recorded It is good, but being the final concert of their 1991 tour, it obviously shows that every member of the band is very tired and ready to go home to rest. I don`t know why bands like YES and Genesis chose to record on videos some of their concerts at the end of long tours, when they are obviously very tired? Anderson is the member of the band who looks more tired. But they look like having some fun, even doing and tellling some jokes among them. Most songs are played by all the members of the band together.

"Yours is no Disgrace" has a guitar solo from Howe with Bruford on drums, and later Rabin also plays a guitar solo with White on drums. I could see that this concert wasn`t played "on the round" in a round stage, being played in a conventional stage. And I also could see a subtle "division": in the left side of the stage (from the viewers point of view), there were the members of YES-West (Kaye, Rabin, Squire and White), and in the right side there were the members of ABWH (Anderson, Bruford, Howe and Wakeman). Both guitar solos are amazing, but they make clear the differences in guitar styles between Howe and Rabin. Rabin`s is more like Heavy Metal with guitar effects. Howe`s style is more like plaing without much guitar distortion and sometimes playing fine guitar parts influenced by Jazz.

"Rhythm of Love" has a very good keyboard solo by Wakeman at the end. The same happens at the end of "Owner of a Lonely Heart". In this last song, Howe is absent from the stage.

"Heart of the Sunrise"is maybe the best performance of a song in this DVD, with Bruford on drums and White only playing a bit on cymbals during this song.It also makes clear the differences of style between both drummers: Bruford is more "clear" in technique, while White`s, while also being a very good drummer, tends more to powerful Rock beats.

During his acoustic guitar solo, Howe played "Clap", including another very good musical piece in the middle of "Clap". Why Howe insists to mostly play "Clap" and "Mood for a Day" in concerts while he has other very good acoustic guitar pieces to play?

"I`ve Seen All Good People": wiht Howe on acoustic guitar instead of a vachalia. Before this song, Anderson says to the audience that "this is the last concert of this tour". It was their last for 1991, but they also played 5 or 6 dates in Japan in early 1992.

"Solly`s Beard": with Anderson, Rabin and Squire doing a "comical" routine before the song is performed. Rabin is only accompanied by Kaye.

"Saving My Heart": from the "Union" album, played a bit like a Reggae song, and with another humorous introduction by Anderson. Rabin plays an acoustic guitar during the first part of the song, and later he has to change to an electric guitar for the song`s solo, a thing that he did only to find that he can`t be heard because there were some problems with the guitar connections! A roadie is seen on stage fixing these problems, while Howe assists Rabin playing a brief lead guitar part. Rabin finally could play his guitar solo, briefly, and without enough power in comparison to the studio version. He looked a bit angry due to this. This song is particularly played somewhat differently in comparsion to the studio version, because the studio version sounds like being recorded using a programmed drum machine. White`s playing on stage is notoriously different, and it makes me wonder if he really played real drums in the studio version (or that he even programmed the dum machine or didn`t record or programmed anything at all).

"The Fish" is played without "Long Distance Runaround" being played before it. This song, really called "White Fish" because it doesn`t only include parts of "The Fish" but it also includes parts from "Tempus Fugit" and other YES `s songs, is really very well played, with Squire being accompanied by Kaye, Rabin and White in some parts. Squire also does some humorous gestures during this song.

"Rick Wakeman`s Solo": an amazing keyboards solo, with him being accompanied at the end by White and Rabin.

"Awaken": a very good performance of this song, with Wakeman shinning on keyboards, and with Brufoid, Rabin and Kaye playing good parts during this song. Wakeman looks a bit tired during this song, improvising a lot and doing some mistakes during the harp / keyboards / percussion / bass part. The performances of this song during the "Union" tour could be considered by myself as the best YES has done from this song. Bruford contributed power with very good drums and electronic percussion parts. Rabin also played some fine guitar parts and also some powerful lead guitar parts at the end while Howe plays a steel guitar. Kaye plays some "choral" parts in his keyboards during the harp / keyboards part.

"Roundabout" is played heavier than in previous tours.

In conclusion, this video is very good. I think that it was originally a TV broadcast, but I`m not sure. It is a shame that this video was only released in Japan. Why the band never released it officially in all parts of the world? I think that they are losing a lot of money, because the "black markets" have the opportunity to sell it as an unofficial video many times. I know tha other concerts from this tour were filmed (with some scenes being shown in the "Yesyears" video). Maybe some problems with the rights of this video (like in the case of the "Q.R.P" video from 1975) prevent Yes to release official DVDs from this tour.

A last commentary: this video doesn`t include all the songs played during the concert. I really missed "Lift Me Up", which was played live during that tour with a lot of power by all members of the band, particularly by Rabin with very good guitar solos, and with White on dums while Bruford played electronic percussion. They also played "And You and I", "Changes", a drum duet by Bruford and White and "Shock to the System"with lead guitar parts by Howe and Rabin and powerful drums by Bruford and White. If you want to know about the complete set lists played during this concert and others from the same "Union Tour", visit the "Forgotten Yesterdays" website.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#198814) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 13, 2009

4 stars This being such an enticing DVD, it's unfortunate that it hasn't really had a proper North American release. A few websites sell it, but they are mostly russian/asian produced bootlegs. The original Japanese release on either laserdisc or DVD is quite rare and hard to find. Here we have eight, ... (read more)

Report this review (#109857) | Posted by OGTL | Wednesday, January 31, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "The Union Tour Live"