Sleepwalker Sun - Stranger In The Mirror CD (album) cover

Sleepwalker Sun

3 stars 3.5 stars

Brazilian prog rock/metal scene for almost 4 decadesis a busy scene, there are lots of bands from this country, some of them mediocre , some ok, but are some really excellent. From later category is Sleepwalker Sun. A prog rock band with some prog metal influences here and there with two albums in their pockets so far. Stranger in the mirror is the second offer from 2010 and I must confess I've like a lot what I've heared here. Female vocals, long complicated instrumental arrangements, the title track is a little monster of a piece clocking around 20 min in lengh with any ingredients must have a prog band these days to really make something intresting, a total winner for my ears. Very unnoticed album, there are plenty of memorable passages and qyuite fantastic musicinship most of the time, nice vocal parts aswell. What I like very much is that they toying with an amazing ease diffrent genres, I mean they do sound like a metalized symphonic prog band, very much similar with mexican prog band Toccata for example. This band to me is quite unnoticed, both albums are well worth invistigated, nothing close to masterpice but more then ok to most pretencious listenrs. 3 stars rounded to 3.5 for sure.

b_olariu | 3/5 |