STRANGER IN THE MIRROR

Sleepwalker Sun

Sleepwalker Sun Stranger In The Mirror album cover

Buy SLEEPWALKER SUN Music
Studio Album, released in 2010

1. Stranger In The Mirror (20:28)
2. Revealing Web (7:41)
3. Play Of Light (4:03)
4. The Waste Land (7:35)
5. An Obvious Guest (8:37)
6. A Lonely Land (Without A Trace) (12:16)
7. Into The Twilight (4:26)

Search SLEEPWALKER SUN Stranger In The Mirror lyrics

- Rodrigo Martinho / drums
- Ricardo Marins - guitars

Guest Musicians:
- Marcos Eichler / lyrics
- Jorge Mathias / bass, e-bow and voice (4)

Masque Records
Digipack

Thanks to progshine for the addition
and to Snow Dog for the last updates

SLEEPWALKER SUN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SLEEPWALKER SUN Stranger In The Mirror Music

Sleepwalker SunSleepwalker Sun
Sonhos & Sons Brasil 2006
Stranger In The MirrorStranger In The Mirror
Masque Records

More places to buy SLEEPWALKER SUN music online Buy SLEEPWALKER SUN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SLEEPWALKER SUN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SLEEPWALKER SUN Stranger In The Mirror ratings distribution

SLEEPWALKER SUN Stranger In The Mirror reviews

Review by seventhsojourn
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RPI
4 stars I was none too fussed with the first Sleepwalker Sun album and in fact my disappointment was such that I shelved my copy of ''Stranger In The Mirror'' until finally listening to it today. In comparison with the slightly dull experience of their debut, ''Stranger In The Mirror'' is a major step forward for this Brazilian prog-metal band. The main issue I had with their first release was the rather nasal intonation of Giana Ara˙jo's vocals, although that problem seems less evident on this disc; her voice doesn't grate on me here the way it did on the debut. They've also cranked the song writing up a notch or two with the megalithic title-track being an obvious highlight.

The band's strength remains its musicianship though; all tracks are full of motion and activity, with Luiz Alvim's shimmering Mellotron seemingly radiating from every track. This release should have strong appeal for fans of symphonic prog, especially those who like it on the heavy side. I don't know whether I'm simply a blockhead or if I need a bite of a reality sandwich, but I don't think there's a great deal of metal on offer here. No matter how Sleepwalker Sun are categorised I'm surprised to see that ''Stranger In The Mirror'' has only garnered one review so far. Anyway, it's the business and it doesn't deserve to be banished to obscurity so hopefully some readers will at least visit the band's website to check out their mp3 samples.

Send comments to seventhsojourn (BETA) | Report this review (#383055) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, January 19, 2011

4 stars I have to admit it has taken me a long time to decode both Sleepwalker Sun albums. The reason is that this both their albums is strictly not progressive metal albums. Yes, there are some Dream Theater esque music here. But there is also a lot of other stuff here. A lot ! Gosh. Where do I star ... (read more)

Report this review (#281903) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Friday, May 14, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SLEEPWALKER SUN "Stranger In The Mirror"