Vanden Plas - Chronicles Of The Immortals - Netherworld II CD (album) cover

CHRONICLES OF THE IMMORTALS - NETHERWORLD II

Vanden Plas

javajeff
4 stars Perfection Path 2. I really loved the first one, so I expected more of the same and a complete continuation from the first. There will likely be a 2 CD set at some point with both of them together as one album, but I bought them separately. Let me start by saying that anyone that enjoys Progressive Metal should get the entire Vanden Plas catalog. So now that I established that I am a fan of this group and genre, you can expect this review to be very positive. Netherworld II has everything that you want in a Progressive Metal release. Lots of powerful moments, mixed with soft lush moments, and mixed in with stellar musicianship and excellent vocals. Andy Kuntz delivers another strong vocal performance, and I love the way they are mixing in female vocals to add contrast to some of the songs. The band has really hit it's stride outputting a signature sound, and I love what I hear from them. Anyone that enjoys concept albums are in for a treat, and should pick up this gem right away.
javajeff | 4/5 |