Between The Buried And Me - Coma Ecliptic CD (album) cover

COMA ECLIPTIC

Between The Buried And Me

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

javajeff
5 stars I am in the process of collecting their catalog, and I love everything I have heard so far. If you enjoy your music complex and varied, then Between The Buried and Me is the perfect band for you. The musicianship is top notch as usual, with lots of variety to keep you guessing. I think the way they mix in many genres from Jazz to Metalcore to Progressive Rock is just brilliant. Coma Ecliptic is more of the same, which is not a bad thing when the bar is set so high. I don't want to say it is better than their other masterpieces Colors or The Parallax II: Future Sequence, because that would be difficult to do. However, if you are looking for a continuation of quality set by those previous albums, you will not be disappointed. Any fan of Progressive Metal or Progressive Rock should pick up their latest and move backwards through their catalog. While the music can be brutal at times, there are those soft progressive elements that just balance it out and reward the listener.
javajeff | 5/5 |