Amplifier - Trippin' With Dr. Faustus CD (album) cover

TRIPPIN' WITH DR. FAUSTUS

Amplifier

Psychedelic/Space Rock

javajeff
4 stars This is another solid album by Amplifier. I think the songwriting is just superb, and some of the lyrics will stick in your head. I have let this one marinate for a while before writing this review as I wanted to see how it stacked up to some other releases this year. It is not Amplifier's most progressive release, but anyone looking for a well written collection of songs with excellent musicianship will love this album. While it is not the Octopus, it contains very memorable melodies like Freakzone, Kosmos, and Anubis. They have such an addictive quality to their music, that I usually get drawn in. Trippin' With Dr. Faustus is definitely trippy, from the cool yellow cover, to the hard-hitting psychedelic jams. it is an excellent album for those looking for something fun with a wall of sound full of ear candy galore.
javajeff | 4/5 |