Between The Buried And Me - The Parallax II: Future Sequence CD (album) cover

Between The Buried And Me

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

5 stars Let me tell you that I am not a particular fan or at least follower of bands of extreme metal where the voice is growling and nothing can be understood, at least at first hearing by a non- speaker of English or the language in which the growl is delivered. My first approach to a band using this and I liked it was OPETH, and they are still a favourite to me. Then I have heard others bands but they do not convince me at all. Between the Buried and Me was one of those bands. When I heard for the first time Between the Buried and Me was in the album Colors, and the moment I heard the voice was like: STOP! Few years later, I tried again in a different kind of environment, and hell, was I wrong! Incredible! Then I missed the next album, and suddenly I knew about THE PARALLAX II: FUTURE SEQUENCE and I was like: Let's give it a try! I'm glad I did, one of the best albums I've ever heard of this kind. Separating Tommy Rogers singing, the first thing to concentrate on is the music, and wow, it is extremely well produced, arranged, powerful, fast, intelligent, logical, complex ... then add the voice, and Tommy Rogers has that combination of alternative voice with death metal, and together with music, it flows consistently. I like COLORS ... I adore THE PARALLAX II.
Memo_anathemo | 5/5 |