Led Zeppelin - Remasters CD (album) cover

Led Zeppelin

4 stars Firstly I am not an avid Led Zep fan. I find their earlier blues-influenced stuff eminently forgettable. Nor am I overenamoured of Plant's vocal style.

However once they'd discarded the purely blues-based material and moved towards more folk and even symphonic influences I began to take interest in them.

This collection therefore serves as both an excellent introduction to the band for those unfamiliar with their early material, and also manages to collect some of the best of their later material. I don't like the band enough to buy all their albums (from Led Zep IV) separately again so this will do nicely for me. I tend to listen to disc 2 more, purely as a matter of preference.

It's a well thought out collection so 4 stars from me