Genesis - Live - The Way We Walk Volume One - The Shorts CD (album) cover

LIVE - THE WAY WE WALK VOLUME ONE - THE SHORTS

Genesis

The Prognaut
1 stars Thank God there's a no star feature because this Volume One of a 2 CD set "saga" doesn't even deserve a half out of one. Most of the times, we reviewers tend to disagree about whether an album is worthy of recognition or not, giving away coherent explanations to the readers and clearing the air with impartial thoughts. But tonight, I'll have to omit the part where I use my common sense and just line up to the side where everybody thinks this is a despicable piece of work.

First of all, I don't like to repeat myself over and over again, preferably when it comes to criticize live recordings. "The Shorts" seemed everything but short to me, making my mind burst into flames every time I think if the track listing was a practical joke GENESIS played on us. The songs selection, and specially for a live album; is inexplicable yet unreasonable. I think this is some kind of "post apocalyptical Disney" crap Phil COLLINS unconsciously did in purpose due the severe brainstorming put into his songwriting.

There's nothing good about this one, "I Can't Dance" is the pseudo theme that supposedly stands up for the rest of the songs. That specific point gets to my nerves even in a rather intolerable way. Very post-pop and confusing, this is only the beginning of a 2 CD Set. Yes, you read that correctly, there's a sequel to this abomination.

The Prognaut | 1/5 |