Peter Gabriel - Secret World Live CD (album) cover

SECRET WORLD LIVE

Peter Gabriel

evenless
4 stars As I have already mentioned in the "UP" review I kind of lost track of PG after the "US" album until my brother had purchased the wonderful live DVD "Growing Up Live". This DVD made me more PG hungry sort of speak. So after buying "Growing Up Live" myself I purchased the excellent "UP" followed by this DVD: "Secret World Live".

I must admit that my personal preference goes out to "Growing Up Live". Having said that I must add that "Growing Up Live" has won by a small margin, since "Secret World Live" is also a wonderful DVD.

I agree with Zitro: all 15 tracks on this DVD are gems, but "In Your Eyes" really stands out. All instrumentation is played to perfection and once again a PG DVD is not just to enjoy the music itself. PG really uses the medium to the max by creating a great show and it seems he is really enjoying to do so. PG's DVD's are there to be watched, preferably with the sound cranked up a bit, as if you were attending the concert yourself.

4 stars once again easily deserved.

(I will save the 5 star rating for "the other live DVD" )

evenless | 4/5 |