The Doors - 13 CD (album) cover

The Doors

Chris H
4 stars The greatest collection of early recordings under one sleeve.

Once again, I am not the biggest fan of collections, especially by bands that I know and understand. Well, this was at a yard sale for $0.50 USD, and I felt like it needed a home. I took it home and it showed me truly how awesome the Doors still were from where I left off. There are a lot of song choices here that one wouldn't normally see on a present-day Doors collection, such as "The Unknown Soldier", "You're Lost, Little Girl" and "Moonlight Drive". The main reason that these songs are on here is because this greatest hits compilation was assembled while the band was still at the top. OK, so what? So that means their album "L.A. Woman" came after this. Nowadays, songs like "L.A. Woman" and "Riders on The Storm" fillt he collections, which makes this an interesting piece to hear what the general consensus of Doors songs were before their groundbreaking "L.A. Woman" album.

As close to 5 stars as a compilation might ever get, very quirky and worth your while. "13" is an awesome compilation!

Chris H | 4/5 |