The Doors

The Doors 13 album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1970

1. Light My Fire (6:50)
2. People Are Strange (2:10)
3. Back Door Man (3:30)
4. Moonlight Drive (3:00)
5. The Crystal Ship (2:30)
6. Roadhouse Blues (4:04)
7. Touch Me (3:15)
8. Love Me Two Times (3:23)
9. You`re Lost, Little Girl (3:01)
10. Hello, I Love You (2:22)
11. Land Ho (4:08)
12. Wild Child (2:36)
13. The Unknown Soldier (3:10)

Search THE DOORS 13 lyrics

Search THE DOORS 13 tabs

- Jim Morrison / vocals
- Robby Krieger / guitars
- Ray Manzarek / piano & organ
- John Densmore / drums

LP: Elektra EKS-74079 (U.S.)

Thanks to Guillermo for the addition
and to Joolz for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS 13 Music

The Very Best of the Doors [US Version]The Very Best of the Doors [US Version]
Strange DaysStrange Days
Waiting for the SunWaiting for the Sun
The Doors Alive she cried US $14.00 [0 bids]
30m
STEPHEN BISHOP; BARTOK MIKROKOSMOS VOL 6, OUT OF DOORS VOL1 & 2; PHILIPS STEREO US $5.00 [0 bids]
30m 59s
Fred Ones ?- Phobia Of Doors (12" Vinyl) BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED US $3.00 Buy It Now 44m 8s
DAVE PIKE - DOORS OF PERCEPTION NEW CD US $15.21 Buy It Now 48m 43s
The Doors?4CDs?THE DOORS BOX SET??Box??us/japan?Brand New?!! US $69.99 Buy It Now 53m 23s
The Very Best of the Doors [US Version], New Music US $24.25 Buy It Now 55m 4s
The DOORS Morrison Hotel Record EKS 75007 US $12.00 Buy It Now 57m 35s
CD 3 DOORS DOWN THE BETTER LIFE ~MINT!! US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h
THE DOORS THE SOFT PARADE RED AND BLACK LABELS NEAR MINT SHAPE! EKS75005 ELEKTRA US $24.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS "Alive She Cried" LP 1983 Elektra White Label US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 20m
VINYL LP Doors - 13 / Elektra EKS 74079 US $9.99 [0 bids]
The Doors 2 LP "The Best Of The Doors" ELEKTRA GERMAN psych rock M-/EX US $12.00 [2 bids]
The Doors Laptop Car Truck Vinyl Decal Skin Sticker US $7.95 Buy It Now 2h 4m
Jim Morrison The Doors Laptop Car Decal Skin Sticker US $10.95 Buy It Now 2h 4m
Jim Morrison The Doors Laptop Car Decal Skin Sticker US $10.95 Buy It Now 2h 4m
7" 45 rpm - JO STAFFORD - DIAMONDS ARE A GIRL'S BEST FRIEND/OPEN DOORS-OPEN ARMS US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 21m
DOORS/greatest hits/1980 sealed cassette US $15.99 Buy It Now 2h 39m
the doors limited edition cd US $84.99 Buy It Now 2h 41m
Doors Weird Scenes Inside The Gold Mine vinyl records US $8.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS**STRANGE DAYS (REMASTERED/BONUS TRACKS)**CD US $6.50 Buy It Now 2h 48m
DOORS - 1971 - "The Soft Parade" US $9.79 [1 bids]
THE DOORS, Greatest Hits LP, Japan wax with obi. NM to MINT condition. US $42.94 [0 bids]
The Best of the Doors US $0.99 [0 bids]
(DOORS-Touch Me/Wild Child)-60s most influential & controversial band-H3-7 US $9.98 Buy It Now 3h 50m
MORILLO break down the doors 12" Mint- SUB 124R Vinyl 2004 Record US $10.00 Buy It Now 4h
BABY GOES THE DOORS HEBREW COVER ISRAELI ISRAEL CD US $30.00 Buy It Now 4h 36m
EMPIRE This Is My Word / Behind Closed Doors UK IMPORT COPY PICT SLEEVE 45 MINT US $6.99 Buy It Now 4h 49m
The Doors "L.A. Woman" West German Target CD! OOP! Smooth Edge CD Case! US $40.00 Buy It Now 5h
THE DOORS MINT Lover Her Madly STORE COPY 45 JUKEBOX TITLE CARD Original Sleeve US $6.99 Buy It Now 5h 6m
THE DOORS . THE BEST OF THE DOORS . 2CD . US $3.53 [0 bids]
DOORS Live At The Hollywood Bowl LP nMINT GER 1987 Elektra Records US $28.84 Buy It Now 5h 9m
The Doors - When You're Strange OST [CD Album] US $9.22 [0 bids]
Open Doors To The World Music CD 2003 Computers For The World C4W Seattle WA US $3.00 Buy It Now 5h 38m
Europe - Rock The Night / Seven Doors Hotel, Epic EUR-1 Ex Condition A1/B1 Press US $6.40 Buy It Now 5h 38m
Doors L.A.Woman Vinyl LP German Is Elektra 1971 A1/B1 Butterfly logo NR MINT/EX US $16.03 [0 bids]
the doors greatest hits cassette 1980 elektra/asylum records US $10.95 Buy It Now 5h 51m
THE DOORS The Piano Bird WLP PROMO DJ COPY 45 Stereo And Mono NM US $6.99 Buy It Now 5h 52m
DOORS Waiting For The Sun JAPAN Mini CD Near Mint ! Free Signed-for Shipping !! US $27.75 Buy It Now 5h 59m
THE DOORS POSTER "JIM MORRISON" LICENSED "BRAND NEW" US $10.47 Buy It Now 6h 2m
3 Doors Down CD ISLAND REC US $14.98 Buy It Now 6h 4m
3 Doors Down - Away From The Sun CD UNI/ISLAND US $16.90 Buy It Now 6h 5m
RAKIM oleander GODSMACK canibus EIFFEL 65 nelly 3 DOORS DOWN sonique TONIC 2xCD US $8.99 Buy It Now 6h 10m
The Doors Best of NM 2 CD Light My Fire Crystal Ship L.A. Woman Riders on Storm US $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 10m
Lot of 2: The Doors : Best of (2CDs)/The Beatles The Greatest Best Of US $4.50 [1 bids]
THE DOORS You Make Me Real / Roadhouse Blues WLP PROMO DJ COPY 45 US $6.99 Buy It Now 6h 12m
FOO FIGHTERS filter GODSMACK kittie STONE TEMPLE PILOTS incubus 3 DOORS DOWN CD US $8.99 Buy It Now 6h 15m
THE DOORS 13 LP EX- elektra EKS 74079 butterfly SHRINK jim morrison NO BAR CODE US $8.99 Buy It Now 6h 15m
Doors Greatest Hits CD The End Hello I Love You Break On Through Light My Fire US $3.99 Buy It Now 6h 18m
BEHIND CLOSED DOORS by CHARLIE RICH 8 Track Tape US $3.99 [0 bids]
THE CRANBERRIES lot 3x CD faithful departed NO NEED TO ARGUE doors and windows US $8.99 Buy It Now 6h 31m
THE DOORS Audio Music Cassette US $4.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS People Are Strange / Not To Touch The Earth STORE COPY 45 STEREO NM US $6.99 Buy It Now 6h 36m
THUNDER Behind Closed Doors Music Cassette EMI Label (R1) US $8.85 Buy It Now 6h 42m
THUNDER Behind Closed Doors Music Cassette EMI Label (R2) US $5.45 Buy It Now 6h 44m
THUNDER Behind Closed Doors Music Cassette EMI Label (R3) US $5.45 Buy It Now 6h 46m
THE DOORS L.A. Woman CD Australian Pressing - Digitally Remastered US $4.29 Buy It Now 6h 53m
CREED stone temple pilots 3 DOORS DOWN incubus MORPHINE snapcase PROMO CD zevon US $8.99 Buy It Now 7h 4m
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (CD, Nov-2000, 2 Discs, Elektra (Label US $5.00 [0 bids]
DAVE PIKE - THE DOORS OF PERCEPTION - NEW CD US $10.09 Buy It Now 7h 10m
CHARLIE RICH / BEHIND CLOSED DOORS / ORIGINAL VINTAGE LP ALBUM US $5.41 [0 bids]
3 DOORS DOWN - THE BETTER LIFE CD ~ KRYPTONITE +++ 90's POP ROCK ~ THREE *NEW* US $14.75 Buy It Now 7h 25m
The Doors Concerto US $24.93 Buy It Now 7h 30m
The Very Best Of The Doors US $27.16 Buy It Now 7h 30m
J.O.B. ORQUESTRA-OPEN THE DOORS TO YOUR HEART-JAPAN MINI LP CD F56 US $27.50 Buy It Now 7h 33m
THE DOORS SOUNDTRACK CD MADE IN BRAZIL FIRST PRESS 1991 WITHOUT BARCODE US $49.99 Buy It Now 7h 34m
MC5 / THE DOORS / LOVE off ii hallucinations LP Mint- W/poster 1969 KMLP 310 US $56.25 Buy It Now 7h 40m
DOORS - SOFT PARADE D/Rem CD ~ JIM MORRISON 60's *NEW* US $14.68 Buy It Now 7h 42m
L.A. Woman by The Doors (CD, May-1988, Elektra (Label)) US $16.00 Buy It Now 7h 53m
THE RED CHORD - FUSED TOGETHER IN REVOLVING DOORS [REISSUE] - NEW CD US $9.14 Buy It Now 7h 54m
JIM MORRISON & THE DOORS-AN AMERICAN PRAYER-YUGO MC '82 US $10.00 Buy It Now 7h 56m
An American Prayer Jim Morrison The Doors Ray Manzarek WL promo US $140.00 Buy It Now 7h 57m
1967 THE DOORS strange days LP VG+ EKL-4014 Record Mispress Mono US $315.00 Buy It Now 8h
Doors, Other Voices US $5.99 Buy It Now 8h 6m
The Doors?- Vinyl Box 7 Vinyl LP Boxset Free Postage Rare 2008 US $612.57 Buy It Now 8h 8m
Hard Rock Cafe Morrison Hotel - The Doors (IMPORT BRAZIL CD 1990) NO UPC US $9.99 [0 bids]
LARRY BOONE - Swingin' Doors Sawdust Floors - Ex Con LP Record Mercury 836 710-1 US $9.60 Buy It Now 8h 15m
The Doors - The Soft Parade (LP) Gatefold Cover US $8.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - GREATEST HITS - VINYL LP ALBUM - JIM MORRISON 5E-515 Nice US $7.99 [0 bids]
ALISA - Pulse Of Labyrinth's Doors Keeper - RUSSIAN ROCK CD - ????? Kinchev US $9.00 Buy It Now 8h 27m
TAPE DOORS Alive She Cried CASSETTE CANADA US $5.00 Buy It Now 8h 29m
The Doors HMV Classic Collections Box Set US $75.00 Buy It Now 8h 31m
THE DOORS Other Voices LP US $5.00 Buy It Now 8h 32m
The Doors .LA Woman: 7" Singles Box Record Store Day US $45.00 Buy It Now 8h 33m
The Doors LA Woman Live Japan SeeThrough Window Crucifix Cover Vinyl Record GUC US $14.88 [0 bids]
The Better Life by 3 Doors Down (CD, Feb-2000, Universal) CD ONLY, NO CASE US $1.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS CD L.A. Woman - Germany Eighties NO BARCODE US $10.95 Buy It Now 9h
THE DOORS - Jim Morrison --- Huge Jacket Backpatch Back Patch US $15.00 Buy It Now 9h 3m
Doors An American Prayer Us Lp US $34.99 Buy It Now 9h 6m
Doors Other Voices Us Lp US $24.99 Buy It Now 9h 6m
Doors The Soft Parade Us Lp US $24.99 Buy It Now 9h 6m
Doors Weird Scenes Inside The Gold Mine Us Lp US $24.99 Buy It Now 9h 6m
SOUNDGARDEN: Before the Doors Live On I-5 EP 10 Inch Ltd Ed Color wax New Sealed US $19.95 Buy It Now 9h 11m
3 Doors Down - 3 Doors Down - 1777609 US $11.24 Buy It Now 9h 12m
CD #2 ONLY: DOORS "IN CONCERT" LIGHT MY FIRE, THE END, UNKNOWN SOLDIER GLORIA+ US $3.99 Buy It Now 9h 19m
RAY MANZAREK THE DOORS 'MYTH AND REALITY' THE SPOKEN WORD HISTORY - 2CD - NEW US $22.43 [0 bids]
Soundgarden record Before the Doors LIVE on 1-5 10" RSD 2011 US $15.00 Buy It Now 9h 26m
The Doors - In Concert (CD, May-1991, 2 Discs, Elektra (Label) US $1.89 [0 bids]
THE DOORS WAITING FOR THE SUN DCC 24KT GOLD CD NEW SEALED OOP HOFFMAN MASTERED US $99.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS L.A. WOMAN DCC 24 KT GOLD CD JIM MORRISON HOFFMAN MASTERED NEW SEALED US $99.99 [0 bids]
Blue Farm Light My Fire Doors Cover Dance Techno CD Maxi Single NEW US $4.41 Buy It Now 9h 57m

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS 13 ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(7%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(60%)

THE DOORS 13 reviews

Review by Guillermo
4 stars Despite the band said that they didn`t like that Elektra released compilation albums from them, I consider this "13" album ( titled by the number of songs included in the album) as a very good compilation, one of the best. Even the order of the songs was chosen very well. It has several of my favourite Doors`songs ("People Are Strange", "Moonlight Drive", "The Crystal Ship", "Touch Me", "You`re Lost Little Girl", "Wild Child" and "The Unknown Soldier") plus other songs which are good. I also liked the cover design, which also included in the first editions a inner sleeve with photos of the band taken during "the Miami concert incident", including some of Morrison carrying a lamb given to him by a friend.

This album was released in late 1970, when the band still was playing together, after the release of the "Absolutely Live" album and before the recording of the "L.A. Woman" album. So, this compilation doesn`t include songs from the "L.A. Woman" album, but still it is a very good compilation.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#105708) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 05, 2007

Review by Seyo
3 stars One of the best "greatest hits" collections ever. It contains literally all of the band's hit singles prior to 1970, and it shows nicely the essence of THE DOORS popularity and fame, that at one time matched only that of THE BEATLES. Of course, longer and arguably proggier tracks are missing, but that's not the point. "13" is every teenage kid's ticket to wonderful world of THE DOORS music and psychedelic rock in general. 3,5

Send comments to Seyo (BETA) | Report this review (#106329) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 06, 2007

Review by clarke2001
4 stars

Ah, memories...well, I started to listen to The Doors with the excellent compilation "The Best of The Doors" from 1985 (see entry), but this one is sort of a prehistorical value item for my music lover "career". I was attracted by this record while I was 5, it was in my father's collection and I clearly remember the lovely butterfly printed on a vinyl - publisher's logo. But then again, I see that the record was released by Elektra, not Chrysalis; so I my memories might be somewhat mixed. I asked myself why should anyone name a record after an unlucky number 13, and why should anyone name a band after such a silly name: doors. One of my first learned English words (I asked my father). Approximately ten years later, in my teens, the circle completed itself: I (re)discovered The Doors after getting into "The Best of The Doors" compilation, I discovered another one: 13, this time borrowed, home-taped copy from my friend (my father's broken turntable and his collection were long gone by the time).

And in my tender age of 16, I knew this compilation won't fail me. It didn't. It's an excellent selection of Doors' career - even without including any tracks from "L. A. Woman"; the albums was published later. Therefore, the selection is more...delicate, in a way. There are very few low points - boring "Roadhouse Blues" and boring "Hello, I Love You", and that's about it. (hm...I was thinking of those as of a flawless masterpieces back in my teens).

Compilation contains not the greatest hits, but the best works, really. Whoever was doing the selection, he (or she) didn't had any "progressiveness" on mind, but anyway this record is very consistent and focused (which is not often the case with compilations), it's sort of a mid-paced Doors, so to speak, without getting into any musical extremes, but on the other hand, not falling into the trap of collecting the bunch of overplayed pop hits. I'm very glad that "Land Ho" (an excellent song from a weak album), "The Crystal Ship" (underrated gem) and "Moonlight Drive" had found their place among the others.

Yes, this is a neat little record. I'm still loving it (although I don't posses it).

Get this one. Enjoy some good music. Then get everything else.

Send comments to clarke2001 (BETA) | Report this review (#115369) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, March 16, 2007

Review by Chris H
4 stars The greatest collection of early recordings under one sleeve.

Once again, I am not the biggest fan of collections, especially by bands that I know and understand. Well, this was at a yard sale for $0.50 USD, and I felt like it needed a home. I took it home and it showed me truly how awesome the Doors still were from where I left off. There are a lot of song choices here that one wouldn't normally see on a present-day Doors collection, such as "The Unknown Soldier", "You're Lost, Little Girl" and "Moonlight Drive". The main reason that these songs are on here is because this greatest hits compilation was assembled while the band was still at the top. OK, so what? So that means their album "L.A. Woman" came after this. Nowadays, songs like "L.A. Woman" and "Riders on The Storm" fillt he collections, which makes this an interesting piece to hear what the general consensus of Doors songs were before their groundbreaking "L.A. Woman" album.

As close to 5 stars as a compilation might ever get, very quirky and worth your while. "13" is an awesome compilation!

Send comments to Chris H (BETA) | Report this review (#116285) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 24, 2007

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars This is the first compilation of The Doors. When you look at the tracklist you can certainly not say that their best thirteen songs are featured. But intelligently, it is not called "Best Of", only "13". Most of the songs featured are good of course.

Half of them are even great : "Light My Fire", "People Are Strange", "Touch Me", "Love Me two Times", "Hello, I Love You" and "The Unknown Soldier". But this is only a total of six great songs.

Of course, the format of this compilation (one vinyl album) does not allow the anthems like "The End" or "When The Music's Over".

I guess that at the time, it was a good introduction to the band. Nowadays, I would only recommend "The Best Of Doors" in either the single or double CD packaging. It is truely their best compilation effort (in a compact and cheap format).

This one is useless in comparison. I do not own it as such and I doubt there is a CD version for it. Nonetheless, it is of course a good collection of songs from a very influential band. Four stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#119135) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 20, 2007

Review by Chicapah
3 stars More often than not most telephone conversations with one of my bandmate friends back in the 60s would start with the phrase, "Wait till you hear this album I just bought." Discovering new music was what we lived for. The usual chain of events would be that one of us would've heard something fresh on what was at that time the burgeoning, untamed FM radio format where Top 40 was considered gauche and one was apt to find something radical or progressive, prompting the local word-of-mouth grapevine to sizzle with excitement. On this occasion it was my group's keyboard man, Rick Cramer, who informed me that his most recent discovery, "The Doors," were nothing short of phenomenal. I had learned to rely on his judgment and taste (he later turned me on to Jimi Hendrix) so I had no doubts. The passage of time has not only confirmed Rick's initial glowing assessment but has also cemented the band's place as one of the most influential American combos ever.

January, 1967. Four years had passed since Beatlemania exploded like a bomb and the long-haired, guitar-wielding armies of the British Invasion that followed them ashore had successfully routed our unarmed but bronze-tanned Beach Boy brigade, reclaiming the rebellious colonies of the Queen Mother's empire without a single shot being fired (musically speaking, of course). Four years had elapsed without we Yanks offering anything even close to a comparable counterpart. (And, no, The Monkees don't count. Davy was from Manchester.) Oh, we had the undeniably great Bob Dylan, for sure, but he was an enigmatic solo artist creating his own universe and he didn't belong to anybody, really. There were good east coast bands like The Young Rascals but they were solidly entrenched in traditional R&B sounds. The west coast had The Byrds but their obvious folk and C&W roots marginalized their impact. We had no viable answer. One big reason for this situation was a variation on the biblical adage about prophets being shunned on their own stomping grounds. Another was that, following the shady elimination of JFK, my generation had become so disgusted with the social climate in our homeland that we felt it much safer to trust in music, styles and ideas imported from distant realms, the UK in particular. One- or two-hit state-side wonders were fine and dandy as temporary diversions but we weren't willing to embrace an all-American ensemble as being worthy of unconditional adoration just yet. "Made in the USA" didn't carry much clout with us hippies. We still didn't trust anything homegrown. Not even ourselves.

The opening bang from John Densmore's snare on "Light My Fire" signaled more than just the emergence of yet another garage band with a record deal. The Doors were different. They didn't proclaim that there was a new sheriff in town. On the contrary, they announced that law and order had broken down completely and the rebels and scruffy riff-raff had boldly taken over Main Street. The Doors were non-conformist, definitely anti- establishment and exactly what we'd been waiting for. No more Mr. Nice Guy. The handsome, charismatic Jim Morrison wasn't shy in his singing brazenly about freedom from all rules, seeking uninhibited sex and living a bohemian, devil-may-care existence. To that notion we summarily cried out in our quaint vernacular, "Right on! Where do we sign up?" and the California gold rush was on again. The Doors unwittingly opened the flood gates that made it easier for bands like Jefferson Airplane, Buffalo Springfield, Grateful Dead, Sly & the Family Stone and even the strange Mothers of Invention to find more acceptance within the budding flower child movement. The curse had finally been lifted. Don't get me wrong, though. I'm not putting The Doors on the same plateau as the Fab Four or even The Who. No way. I'm just saying that in this egregious L.A.-based quartet we homies found four literate misfits that spoke our language and that aspect alone was a refreshing break-on-through for us.

Problem was, the indulgent, hedonistic mindset that attracted us to them like moths to a hot flame was so damning in nature that it figuratively beheaded the group barely four years after they came onto the scene. Densmore, Manzarek and Krieger were gifted musicians who instinctively knew where to draw the chalk lines but Morrison was the prototype bad boy who couldn't care less about his public image or the moral majority's outrage over his open indulgences in lewd behavior, drink and drugs. The upside of that stance was that we young Brandos thought it "cool." The flip side of that coin was that it systematically eroded the quality of The Doors' music to the point where, of their six studio albums, only their debut and grand finale are exceptional with the four in between containing only glimpses of brilliance. And, tragically, Jim's self-inflicted abuse slowly transformed him from a sly, grinning lizard king Adonis into what critic Lester Bangs called "Bozo Dionysus" and there lies the shame of it all. No matter the spin one applies, their story is very sad.

This LP, "13," is a representation of their first five long-play offerings. I wonder if, as the 70s dawned on western civilization, the suits at Electra could see that the group was sliding down the slippery slope of decline and the label had best try to seize the moment before their waning popularity sank their profitability into red ink oblivion. Top secret corporate news flashes about how things were progressing on album #6 (especially with word coming that their long-time producer, Paul Rothchild, had taken a hike) were not encouraging so it's hard to blame them for issuing a compilation at that juncture. To them the future was uncertain and the end was always near.

From the impressive 1st album they wisely included the full 6:50 rendition of the ground- breaking "Light My Fire," the incredibly intimidating "Back Door Man" and the hauntingly beautiful "Crystal Ship." The above average but slightly uneven "Strange Days" LP is represented well by the poignant and unique "People Are Strange," the dangerous romance of "Moonlight Drive," "You're Lost, Little Girl" with its predatory aura and the carnal plea of "Love Me Two Times." The unfocused "Waiting for the Sun" album earned spots with the banal-but-catchy "Hello, I Love You" and their excellent anti-war anthem, "The Unknown Soldier" with its abstract juxtaposition of obscene brutality and gleeful march music. The disappointing platter that is "Soft Parade" shows up in the form of the big band brashness of "Touch Me" and the hard rock of the superb "Wild Child." Many fans find something to like about "Morrison Hotel" but I'm not one of them so the silly antics of "Land Ho" and the we-can-always-do-a-blues-tune sentiment of the overplayed "Roadhouse Blues" is as suitable as anything else they could've chosen to cull from those dismal Jim's- on-another-bender sessions.

My advice to the progger who desires to own a decent collection of Doors music is to purchase the opening and the closing albums of their career with the irreplaceable icon Mr. Morrison and toss in their sophomore effort to boot because you don't want to miss having the fantastic "When the Music's Over" in your Door jam under any circumstances. Still, if you happen to come across "13" in the used vinyl bins you should probably pick it up because, despite its faults, it accurately reflects the up and down nature of the group's artistic endeavors from '67 to '70. 3.3 stars.

Send comments to Chicapah (BETA) | Report this review (#282637) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, May 19, 2010

4 stars This is the first 'best of' edition by the Doors. It was released in late 1970. I, being the ardent fan that I was, just had to have it. Never mind that I already possessed those songs on other releases, I still had to have that album. The selection is actually quite good for those who aren't t ... (read more)

Report this review (#269370) | Posted by Keetian | Wednesday, March 03, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE DOORS "13"