The Doors

The Doors 13 album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1970

1. Light My Fire (6:50)
2. People Are Strange (2:10)
3. Back Door Man (3:30)
4. Moonlight Drive (3:00)
5. The Crystal Ship (2:30)
6. Roadhouse Blues (4:04)
7. Touch Me (3:15)
8. Love Me Two Times (3:23)
9. You`re Lost, Little Girl (3:01)
10. Hello, I Love You (2:22)
11. Land Ho (4:08)
12. Wild Child (2:36)
13. The Unknown Soldier (3:10)

Search THE DOORS 13 lyrics

Search THE DOORS 13 tabs

- Jim Morrison / vocals
- Robby Krieger / guitars
- Ray Manzarek / piano & organ
- John Densmore / drums

LP: Elektra EKS-74079 (U.S.)

Thanks to Guillermo for the addition
and to Joolz for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS 13 Music

Doors 13 Exc.Con!Record LP Album Very Clean! (566) Very Clean! In Orig. Wrap! USD $22.99 Buy It Now
THE DOORS 13 ORIG. 1970 ELEKTRA EKS 74079 NM USD $19.00 Buy It Now 34m 30s
THE DOORS 13 DOORS ELEKTRA BUTTERFLY RARE LP record vinyl INDIA INDIAN 256 VG- USD $310.96 Buy It Now 7h 9m
RS#182P29 BACK DOOR ANOTHER FINE MESS ALBUM & TOUR DATES ADVERT 13X10 USD $15.78 Buy It Now 10h 45m
TIM DENNEHY Blue Green Door CD 13 Track (Srcd003) European Sceilig USD $6.56 Buy It Now 13h 49m
THE DOORS "THE TV COLLECTION" JIM MORRISON 13 SONGS NEW CD!! USD $15.00 Buy It Now 15h
The Doors 13 Orig LP In Shrink w RARE Hype Sticker & Inner Sleeve USD $9.99 [0 bids]
USD $29.99 Buy It Now
DOORS 13 LP VINYL 13 Track Butterfly Label Design Sticker Tear On The Sleeve USD $15.83 Buy It Now 18h 29m
SH85-13/3p55 ROMAN HOLIDAY : ONE FOOT BACK IN YOUR DOOR SINGLE ADVERT 5X8" USD $6.58 Buy It Now 20h 7m
BOB DYLAN " Knockin' On Heaven's Door / A Fool Such As I " Vinyl 45 RPM 13-33259 USD $9.79 Buy It Now 1 day
3 Doors Down: Seventeen Days 2005 Audio CD Music Digital Remastering MU13 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors - 13 LP UK VG+/EX- Compilation # Classic Rock / Psych USD $21.04 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors '13' Lp 1st Press DJ White Label Promo w/Orig. Inner Stunning Copy NM! USD $96.78 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS 4 LP Vinyl Records Absolutely Live 13 Waiting For The Sun USD $15.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS 13 ELEKTRA RECORDS BUTTERFLY LABEL W/ORIG INNER SLEEVE USD $2.25 [2 bids]
THE DOORS 13 LP STILL IN SHRINK ELEKTRA RED LABEL USD $225.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS 13 EKS-74079 VINYL LP 1970 RE '80 COMP GREAT CONDITION! VG+/VG+!!A USD $18.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS 13 Psychedelic Rock RECORD LP VG USD $16.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors ?- 13 SEALED 1st Press 1970 USA LP Jim Morrison Spirit Love USD $83.95 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS VINYL 13 LP Vg+Vg+ hits 1970 ELEKTRA butterfly Early Copy LIGHT MY FIRE USD $22.99 Buy It Now 2 days
VG+ ROCK LP - THE DOORS - 13 - ELEKTRA EKS 74079 USD $11.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors Reel to Reel Tape "13 " 3 3/4 IPS USD $8.50 [2 bids]
The DOORS 13 LP Classic Rock RARE 1970 Elektra 70s Stoner Hits Jim Morrison USD $0.99 [1 bids]
Doors "13" LP (Elektra EKS-74079)(NM) USD $25.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS - 13 Vinyl LP (EKS-74079) - '70 / THE BYRDS Greats HITS '72 vinyl Lp USD $11.85 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS 13 LP. ORIGINAL 1970 PRESSING. EX-NM WAX. EX COVER. "TOUCH ME" USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS 13 PSYCH ROCK ELEKTRA RED LABEL USD $7.99 [0 bids]
USD $10.50 Buy It Now
THE DOORS "13" Greatest Hits 3 ips Reel to Reel Tape -Leadered/Foiled- *VG* USD $79.95 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS - 13, EKS-74079 ELEKTRA USD $16.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS 13 LP * 1970 Elektra Records 'Butterfly Label' Light My Fire, Touch Me USD $22.95 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS 13 OG UK STEREO ELEKTRA RECORDS LP K42062 EKS74079/EKS74079 USD $6.56 [1 bids]
The DOORS 13 LP 1970 ELECTRA EKS-74079 Record NM USD $21.95 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS - 13 LP ISRAELI USD $24.99 Buy It Now 5 days
1970 The DOORS 13 ISRAELI PRESSING LP HEBREW WRITTEN ELEKTRA BAN 42062 USD $69.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Doors 13 Reel To Reel Tape USD $29.99 [0 bids]
DOORS 13 8 Track Tape Elektra S 123248 ET 84079 USD $12.88 Buy It Now 6 days
Sliding Doors - Original Soundtrack (CD) 13 Tracks - Ex Condition - Fast Postage USD $4.98 Buy It Now 6 days
Lot Of (13) 45 Records/ 60s-70s/Elektra Doors Light My Fire/Elvis/Beatles/others USD $9.99 [0 bids]
The DOORS Vinyl LP 13 (Incl Light My Fire, People Are Strange) USD $15.77 Buy It Now 6 days
doors 13 LP USD $10.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Domingo : Behind The Doors Of The 13th Floor CD (1999) USD $3.95 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS 13 (Greatest Hits) [Vinyl LP] Elektra EKS-74079 EX USD $14.95 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS - 13 (Elektra 1970) - UNKNOWN SOLDIER / Light My Fire / BACK DOOR MAN USD $5.47 Buy It Now 7 days
LP- DOORS " 13 " ON ELEKTRA REC. USD $15.00 Buy It Now 7 days
1970 Nov THE DOORS - 13 LP EX/VG Elektra ?- EKS-74079 15 Columbus Circle Label USD $15.25 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors 3 LP Record Lot - The Best Of + 13 Greatest Hits + Star Collection II USD $11.50 [3 bids]
THE DOORS 13 M- Elektra EKS-74079 Green Label Jim Morrison Manzarek Krieger USD $19.97 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS 13 GERMAN STEREO LP ELEKTRA BUTTERFLY ELK 42062 jim morrislon EX/EX USD $21.03 Buy It Now 8 days
3 DOORS DOWN_Kryptonite_used cd-s_ships from AUS!__L13 USD $9.16 Buy It Now 8 days
MELODY MAKER 1976 MAR 13 DOORS DAVID BOWIE EAGLES USD $19.71 Buy It Now 8 days
DOMINGO - Presents: Behind The Doors Of 13th... CD ** BRAND NEW/STILL SEALED ** USD $13.00 Buy It Now 8 days
DOMINGO - Presents: Behind The Doors Of 13th... CD ** Excellent Condition ** USD $9.25 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS 13 LP VG+ EKS 74079 USA Stereo Butterfly Label 1A/1A 1970 Record USD $34.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS 13 RECORD ALBUM LP EKS-74079 STEREO USD $14.99 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS 13 Bootleg 8 Track Tape USD $9.88 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS 13 hits VINYL LP record 1st Ed.1970 album VG+Elektra EKS-74079 best of USD $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
VINYL LP Doors - 13 / Elektra / RCA EKS 74079 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 8 days
VINYL LP Doors - 13 / Elektra EKS 74079 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS 13 (1974) Vinyl, LP Elektra EKS 74079 Classic Rock Shrink wrap USD $15.00 Buy It Now 8 days
### 1970 The Doors - 13 LP Record Album ### USD $9.50 Buy It Now 8 days
Domingo Presents Behind The Doors Of The 13th Floor 12" Vinyl Sampler 1999 USD $1.99 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS 13 1970 U.S PRESSING ELEKTRA BUTTERFLY VG+ PSYCH JIM MORRISON USD $11.99 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS - 13 LP USD $17.08 Buy It Now 10 days
The Doors 13 Record Album Lp EKS-74079 VG USD $14.99 Buy It Now 10 days
The Doors 13 1970 Elektra Vinyl Lp EKS 74079-B USD $15.97 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS 13 MEXICAN LP STILL IN SHRINK WRAP BLUE LABEL TITLES IN SPANISH ON CVR USD $9.99 Buy It Now 10 days
The Doors - Alive She Cried | "13" Vinyl LPs Used USD $18.95 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS 13 Record LP USD $10.50 Buy It Now 10 days
1974 THE DOORS - 13 LP Repress EX/VG+ Elektra ?- EKS 74079 USD $16.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Jim Morrison ? typography quote poster art limited edition print The Doors #46 USD $18.34 Buy It Now 11 days
Jim Morrison ? typography quote poster art limited edition print The Doors #55 USD $18.34 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS JIM MORRISON 2 PAGES 15 X 11" ORIGINAL ADVERT POSTER SIZE 13 APR 1991 USD $15.77 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS 13 LP VG+ Promo EKS-74079 Elektra 1970 USA WLP w/Lamb Inner USD $135.00 Buy It Now 11 days
Ray Manzarek (DOORS) Nite City album 1977 US Poster size Press ADVERT 13x10" USD $8.48 Buy It Now 12 days
THE DOORS - 13 LP, Vinyl, Record. Jim Morrison USD $19.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Jim Morrison ? The Doors typography quote poster art limited edition print # 01 USD $18.34 Buy It Now 12 days
Jim Morrison ? typography quote poster art limited edition print The Doors #2 USD $18.34 Buy It Now 12 days
THE DOORS 13 LP Elektra Rec EKS-74079 US 1970 VG++ IN SHRINK w/STICKER 5C USD $74.98 Buy It Now 12 days
THE DOORS LOT OF 2 VERY RARE YUGOSLAVIAN CASSETTE TAPES MORRISON HOTEL 13 USD $10.00 Buy It Now 13 days
The Doors ?- 13 Vintage Vinyl LP Record 1970 + Inner Sleeve EKS-74079 CTH Press. USD $8.99 Buy It Now 13 days
THE DOORS. 13. vinyl album USD $15.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Jim Morrison ? typography quote poster art limited edition print The Doors # 03 USD $18.34 Buy It Now 13 days
Jim Morrison ? typography quote poster art limited edition print The Doors # 04 USD $18.34 Buy It Now 13 days
THE DOORS - 13 - LP VINYL RECORD - SEALED FIRST PRESSSING! 1970 EKS 74079 USA USD $299.99 Buy It Now 13 days
The Doors 13 Elektra Records EKS 74079 (1970) USD $100.00 Buy It Now 13 days
DOORS: Hello,I Love You 2:13-Love Street 2:50-Italy 7" Vedette Records 34087 PSL USD $68.98 Buy It Now 13 days
Jim Morrison ? typography quote poster art limited edition print The Doors #18 USD $18.34 Buy It Now 13 days
Jim Morrison ? typography quote poster art limited edition print The Doors #26 USD $18.34 Buy It Now 13 days
Jim Morrison ? typography quote poster art limited edition print The Doors #14 USD $18.34 Buy It Now 13 days
Jim Morrison ? typography quote poster art limited edition print - The Doors #9 USD $18.34 Buy It Now 13 days
Jim Morrison ? typography quote poster art limited edition print The Doors #12 USD $18.34 Buy It Now 13 days
Jim Morrison ? typography quote poster art limited edition print The Doors #54 USD $18.34 Buy It Now 13 days
DOORS:Hello,I Love You,Won't YouTell Me Your Name?2:13-Love Street 2:50-SpainPSL USD $68.98 Buy It Now 13 days
EP 7" THE DOORS "13" Mexican Vinyl Edition Gamma BLUE LABEL Jukebox 45rpm USD $20.00 Buy It Now 13 days
DOORS/13 K42062 NEX/NM ELEKTRA LP USD $19.73 Buy It Now 14 days
Jim Morrison ? typography quote poster art limited edition print The Doors #16 USD $18.34 Buy It Now 14 days
Jim Morrison ? typography quote poster art limited edition print The Doors #20 USD $18.34 Buy It Now 14 days
Jim Morrison ? typography quote poster art limited edition print The Doors #23 USD $18.34 Buy It Now 14 days
Jim Morrison ? typography quote poster art limited edition print The Doors #27 USD $18.34 Buy It Now 14 days
Jim Morrison ? typography quote poster art limited edition print The Doors #30 USD $18.34 Buy It Now 14 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS 13 ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(7%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(60%)

THE DOORS 13 reviews

Review by Guillermo
4 stars Despite the band said that they didn`t like that Elektra released compilation albums from them, I consider this "13" album ( titled by the number of songs included in the album) as a very good compilation, one of the best. Even the order of the songs was chosen very well. It has several of my favourite Doors`songs ("People Are Strange", "Moonlight Drive", "The Crystal Ship", "Touch Me", "You`re Lost Little Girl", "Wild Child" and "The Unknown Soldier") plus other songs which are good. I also liked the cover design, which also included in the first editions a inner sleeve with photos of the band taken during "the Miami concert incident", including some of Morrison carrying a lamb given to him by a friend.

This album was released in late 1970, when the band still was playing together, after the release of the "Absolutely Live" album and before the recording of the "L.A. Woman" album. So, this compilation doesn`t include songs from the "L.A. Woman" album, but still it is a very good compilation.

Review by Seyo
3 stars One of the best "greatest hits" collections ever. It contains literally all of the band's hit singles prior to 1970, and it shows nicely the essence of THE DOORS popularity and fame, that at one time matched only that of THE BEATLES. Of course, longer and arguably proggier tracks are missing, but that's not the point. "13" is every teenage kid's ticket to wonderful world of THE DOORS music and psychedelic rock in general. 3,5
Review by clarke2001
4 stars

Ah, memories...well, I started to listen to The Doors with the excellent compilation "The Best of The Doors" from 1985 (see entry), but this one is sort of a prehistorical value item for my music lover "career". I was attracted by this record while I was 5, it was in my father's collection and I clearly remember the lovely butterfly printed on a vinyl - publisher's logo. But then again, I see that the record was released by Elektra, not Chrysalis; so I my memories might be somewhat mixed. I asked myself why should anyone name a record after an unlucky number 13, and why should anyone name a band after such a silly name: doors. One of my first learned English words (I asked my father). Approximately ten years later, in my teens, the circle completed itself: I (re)discovered The Doors after getting into "The Best of The Doors" compilation, I discovered another one: 13, this time borrowed, home-taped copy from my friend (my father's broken turntable and his collection were long gone by the time).

And in my tender age of 16, I knew this compilation won't fail me. It didn't. It's an excellent selection of Doors' career - even without including any tracks from "L. A. Woman"; the albums was published later. Therefore, the selection is more...delicate, in a way. There are very few low points - boring "Roadhouse Blues" and boring "Hello, I Love You", and that's about it. (hm...I was thinking of those as of a flawless masterpieces back in my teens).

Compilation contains not the greatest hits, but the best works, really. Whoever was doing the selection, he (or she) didn't had any "progressiveness" on mind, but anyway this record is very consistent and focused (which is not often the case with compilations), it's sort of a mid-paced Doors, so to speak, without getting into any musical extremes, but on the other hand, not falling into the trap of collecting the bunch of overplayed pop hits. I'm very glad that "Land Ho" (an excellent song from a weak album), "The Crystal Ship" (underrated gem) and "Moonlight Drive" had found their place among the others.

Yes, this is a neat little record. I'm still loving it (although I don't posses it).

Get this one. Enjoy some good music. Then get everything else.

Review by Chris H
4 stars The greatest collection of early recordings under one sleeve.

Once again, I am not the biggest fan of collections, especially by bands that I know and understand. Well, this was at a yard sale for $0.50 USD, and I felt like it needed a home. I took it home and it showed me truly how awesome the Doors still were from where I left off. There are a lot of song choices here that one wouldn't normally see on a present-day Doors collection, such as "The Unknown Soldier", "You're Lost, Little Girl" and "Moonlight Drive". The main reason that these songs are on here is because this greatest hits compilation was assembled while the band was still at the top. OK, so what? So that means their album "L.A. Woman" came after this. Nowadays, songs like "L.A. Woman" and "Riders on The Storm" fillt he collections, which makes this an interesting piece to hear what the general consensus of Doors songs were before their groundbreaking "L.A. Woman" album.

As close to 5 stars as a compilation might ever get, very quirky and worth your while. "13" is an awesome compilation!

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars This is the first compilation of The Doors. When you look at the tracklist you can certainly not say that their best thirteen songs are featured. But intelligently, it is not called "Best Of", only "13". Most of the songs featured are good of course.

Half of them are even great : "Light My Fire", "People Are Strange", "Touch Me", "Love Me two Times", "Hello, I Love You" and "The Unknown Soldier". But this is only a total of six great songs.

Of course, the format of this compilation (one vinyl album) does not allow the anthems like "The End" or "When The Music's Over".

I guess that at the time, it was a good introduction to the band. Nowadays, I would only recommend "The Best Of Doors" in either the single or double CD packaging. It is truely their best compilation effort (in a compact and cheap format).

This one is useless in comparison. I do not own it as such and I doubt there is a CD version for it. Nonetheless, it is of course a good collection of songs from a very influential band. Four stars.

Review by Chicapah
3 stars More often than not most telephone conversations with one of my bandmate friends back in the 60s would start with the phrase, "Wait till you hear this album I just bought." Discovering new music was what we lived for. The usual chain of events would be that one of us would've heard something fresh on what was at that time the burgeoning, untamed FM radio format where Top 40 was considered gauche and one was apt to find something radical or progressive, prompting the local word-of-mouth grapevine to sizzle with excitement. On this occasion it was my group's keyboard man, Rick Cramer, who informed me that his most recent discovery, "The Doors," were nothing short of phenomenal. I had learned to rely on his judgment and taste (he later turned me on to Jimi Hendrix) so I had no doubts. The passage of time has not only confirmed Rick's initial glowing assessment but has also cemented the band's place as one of the most influential American combos ever.

January, 1967. Four years had passed since Beatlemania exploded like a bomb and the long-haired, guitar-wielding armies of the British Invasion that followed them ashore had successfully routed our unarmed but bronze-tanned Beach Boy brigade, reclaiming the rebellious colonies of the Queen Mother's empire without a single shot being fired (musically speaking, of course). Four years had elapsed without we Yanks offering anything even close to a comparable counterpart. (And, no, The Monkees don't count. Davy was from Manchester.) Oh, we had the undeniably great Bob Dylan, for sure, but he was an enigmatic solo artist creating his own universe and he didn't belong to anybody, really. There were good east coast bands like The Young Rascals but they were solidly entrenched in traditional R&B sounds. The west coast had The Byrds but their obvious folk and C&W roots marginalized their impact. We had no viable answer. One big reason for this situation was a variation on the biblical adage about prophets being shunned on their own stomping grounds. Another was that, following the shady elimination of JFK, my generation had become so disgusted with the social climate in our homeland that we felt it much safer to trust in music, styles and ideas imported from distant realms, the UK in particular. One- or two-hit state-side wonders were fine and dandy as temporary diversions but we weren't willing to embrace an all-American ensemble as being worthy of unconditional adoration just yet. "Made in the USA" didn't carry much clout with us hippies. We still didn't trust anything homegrown. Not even ourselves.

The opening bang from John Densmore's snare on "Light My Fire" signaled more than just the emergence of yet another garage band with a record deal. The Doors were different. They didn't proclaim that there was a new sheriff in town. On the contrary, they announced that law and order had broken down completely and the rebels and scruffy riff-raff had boldly taken over Main Street. The Doors were non-conformist, definitely anti- establishment and exactly what we'd been waiting for. No more Mr. Nice Guy. The handsome, charismatic Jim Morrison wasn't shy in his singing brazenly about freedom from all rules, seeking uninhibited sex and living a bohemian, devil-may-care existence. To that notion we summarily cried out in our quaint vernacular, "Right on! Where do we sign up?" and the California gold rush was on again. The Doors unwittingly opened the flood gates that made it easier for bands like Jefferson Airplane, Buffalo Springfield, Grateful Dead, Sly & the Family Stone and even the strange Mothers of Invention to find more acceptance within the budding flower child movement. The curse had finally been lifted. Don't get me wrong, though. I'm not putting The Doors on the same plateau as the Fab Four or even The Who. No way. I'm just saying that in this egregious L.A.-based quartet we homies found four literate misfits that spoke our language and that aspect alone was a refreshing break-on-through for us.

Problem was, the indulgent, hedonistic mindset that attracted us to them like moths to a hot flame was so damning in nature that it figuratively beheaded the group barely four years after they came onto the scene. Densmore, Manzarek and Krieger were gifted musicians who instinctively knew where to draw the chalk lines but Morrison was the prototype bad boy who couldn't care less about his public image or the moral majority's outrage over his open indulgences in lewd behavior, drink and drugs. The upside of that stance was that we young Brandos thought it "cool." The flip side of that coin was that it systematically eroded the quality of The Doors' music to the point where, of their six studio albums, only their debut and grand finale are exceptional with the four in between containing only glimpses of brilliance. And, tragically, Jim's self-inflicted abuse slowly transformed him from a sly, grinning lizard king Adonis into what critic Lester Bangs called "Bozo Dionysus" and there lies the shame of it all. No matter the spin one applies, their story is very sad.

This LP, "13," is a representation of their first five long-play offerings. I wonder if, as the 70s dawned on western civilization, the suits at Electra could see that the group was sliding down the slippery slope of decline and the label had best try to seize the moment before their waning popularity sank their profitability into red ink oblivion. Top secret corporate news flashes about how things were progressing on album #6 (especially with word coming that their long-time producer, Paul Rothchild, had taken a hike) were not encouraging so it's hard to blame them for issuing a compilation at that juncture. To them the future was uncertain and the end was always near.

From the impressive 1st album they wisely included the full 6:50 rendition of the ground- breaking "Light My Fire," the incredibly intimidating "Back Door Man" and the hauntingly beautiful "Crystal Ship." The above average but slightly uneven "Strange Days" LP is represented well by the poignant and unique "People Are Strange," the dangerous romance of "Moonlight Drive," "You're Lost, Little Girl" with its predatory aura and the carnal plea of "Love Me Two Times." The unfocused "Waiting for the Sun" album earned spots with the banal-but-catchy "Hello, I Love You" and their excellent anti-war anthem, "The Unknown Soldier" with its abstract juxtaposition of obscene brutality and gleeful march music. The disappointing platter that is "Soft Parade" shows up in the form of the big band brashness of "Touch Me" and the hard rock of the superb "Wild Child." Many fans find something to like about "Morrison Hotel" but I'm not one of them so the silly antics of "Land Ho" and the we-can-always-do-a-blues-tune sentiment of the overplayed "Roadhouse Blues" is as suitable as anything else they could've chosen to cull from those dismal Jim's- on-another-bender sessions.

My advice to the progger who desires to own a decent collection of Doors music is to purchase the opening and the closing albums of their career with the irreplaceable icon Mr. Morrison and toss in their sophomore effort to boot because you don't want to miss having the fantastic "When the Music's Over" in your Door jam under any circumstances. Still, if you happen to come across "13" in the used vinyl bins you should probably pick it up because, despite its faults, it accurately reflects the up and down nature of the group's artistic endeavors from '67 to '70. 3.3 stars.

4 stars This is the first 'best of' edition by the Doors. It was released in late 1970. I, being the ardent fan that I was, just had to have it. Never mind that I already possessed those songs on other releases, I still had to have that album. The selection is actually quite good for those who aren't t ... (read more)

Report this review (#269370) | Posted by Keetian | Wednesday, March 3, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE DOORS "13"