The Doors

The Doors 13 album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1970

1. Light My Fire (6:50)
2. People Are Strange (2:10)
3. Back Door Man (3:30)
4. Moonlight Drive (3:00)
5. The Crystal Ship (2:30)
6. Roadhouse Blues (4:04)
7. Touch Me (3:15)
8. Love Me Two Times (3:23)
9. You`re Lost, Little Girl (3:01)
10. Hello, I Love You (2:22)
11. Land Ho (4:08)
12. Wild Child (2:36)
13. The Unknown Soldier (3:10)

Search THE DOORS 13 lyrics

Search THE DOORS 13 tabs

- Jim Morrison / vocals
- Robby Krieger / guitars
- Ray Manzarek / piano & organ
- John Densmore / drums

LP: Elektra EKS-74079 (U.S.)

Thanks to Guillermo for the addition
and to Joolz for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS 13 Music

The Very Best of the Doors [US Version]The Very Best of the Doors [US Version]
Rhino 2007
Strange DaysStrange Days
Rhino 2007
RICH,CHARLIE-BEHIND CLOSED DOORS (EXP) CD NEW US $8.79 Buy It Now 30m 42s
THE DOORS - PEOPLE ARE STRANGE - PORTUGAL 45 SINGLE US $17.00 Buy It Now 33m 5s
Ibizarre ?- Homegrown Sounds From The Island THE DOORS Remix Ambient US $3.18 [0 bids]
40m 21s
The Doors Other Voices Original 1971 LP Elektra EKS-75017 Near Mint!! US $22.99 Buy It Now 45m 51s
Hard Rock Cafe Morrison Hotel - The Doors (IMPORT BRAZIL CD 1990) NO UPC US $9.99 [0 bids]
45m 56s
The Doors Morrison Hotel LP Red Label Elektra EKS-75007 2-CTH / CTH NM!! US $129.99 Buy It Now 50m 52s
ASTRAL DOORS - OF THE SON AND THE FATHER [727361687007] - NEW CD US $14.00 Buy It Now 1h 15m
THE STONED IMMACULATE THE MUSIC OF THE DOORS RARE OOP CD US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 20m
The Better Life by 3 Doors Down (CD, Feb-2000, Universal) CD ONLY, NO CASE US $1.00 [0 bids]
Doors - First album in early US "Gold record" stamped pressing US $40.00 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Medusa's Spite - Morning Doors (2005) NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $12.72 Buy It Now 1h 37m
EDIE ADAMS BEHIND THOSE SWINGIN DOORS DECCA RECORDS 34092 US $4.88 Buy It Now 1h 52m
Merle Haggard And The Strangerss SWINGING DOORS SEE 68 UK Vinyl LP Album US $14.75 Buy It Now 1h 54m
I'LL GET BY, BEHIND THOSE SWINGING DOORS, SPIKE JONES, BLUEBIRD 0821 US $4.88 Buy It Now 1h 56m
The Better Life - 3 Doors Down (CD 2000) US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 58m
The Doors - In Concert (CD, May-1991, 2 Discs, Elektra (Label) US $1.89 [1 bids]
Cover of Classic Rock Japan CD- ROM Doors Morrison CSN US $79.99 Buy It Now 2h 15m
DOORS SOFT PARADE ORIGINAL RARE EXYUGO LP US $28.69 Buy It Now 2h 17m
Roots Of The Doors 0636551006620, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H US $14.94 Buy It Now 2h 25m
The Doors Weird Scenes Gold Mine 1st 1972 Butterly Press EXC ULTRASONIC CLEAN US $50.00 Buy It Now 2h 27m
The Doors Waiting for the Sun 1972 Elektra Butterly Press EXC ULTRASONIC CLEAN US $50.00 Buy It Now 2h 27m
DOORS *VG* US ELEKTRA SELF-TITLED CASS **INITIALS CARVED INTO CASSETTE SHELL** US $9.78 Buy It Now 2h 30m
DOORS US ELEKTRA QUADROPHONIC BEST OF LP US $18.97 Buy It Now 2h 30m
Doors L.A.Woman Vinyl LP German Is Elektra 1971 A1/B1 Butterfly logo NR MINT/EX US $16.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS SAME / NM MINT- SUPERB / WITH BLUE OBI US $79.99 Buy It Now 2h 45m
EDIE ADAMS Behind Those Swingin' Doors DECCA NM/NM- US $9.26 Buy It Now 2h 46m
CHARLIE RICH - BEHIND CLOSED DOORS (EXPANDED) NEW CD US $9.87 Buy It Now 2h 47m
Moonlight Drive on Agora ex Dragonwick Ohio psych legends, Doors tribute, rare US $20.78 [0 bids]
DOORS strange days ( rock ) - elektra gold - rare inner / insert - US $34.99 Buy It Now 2h 51m
The Doors LA Women RARE 1971German Press LP Exulta 42 090 (EKS-75011) Near Mint US $49.99 Buy It Now 2h 52m
DOORS"WAITING FOR THE SUN" RUSSIA LP ATR 30255 MINT RARE US $35.00 Buy It Now 2h 57m
Nelson - Revolving Doors [ECD] (2006) NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $9.54 Buy It Now 3h 4m
3 Doors Down CD "The Better Life" US $6.60 Buy It Now 3h 7m
The Doors - The Doors Box Set Original 1997 Elektra Records 4 CD's US $12.00 [0 bids]
Morrison Hotel by Doors (The) (CD, May-1988, Elektra (Label)) US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 8m
New Nine Hours Nine Persons Nine Doors Original Soundtrack CD From Japan US $48.38 Buy It Now 3h 10m
ROBBY KRIEGER ORGANIZATION - RKO Live! CD - Doors Guitarist - Light My Fire ... US $14.95 Buy It Now 3h 13m
The Doors Best Of Longbox Long Box Empty NO CD US $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 27m
THE DOORS Hello I love you won't you tell me your name Elektra 45037 Classic 60s US $23.98 Buy It Now 3h 37m
THE DOORS - OTHER VOICES - STEREO VINYL LP - GATEFOLD COVER - NEAR MINT!! US $2.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Absolutely Live 180 GRAM VINYL 2 LP RHINO SEALED US $43.97 Buy It Now 3h 41m
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE c/w LOVE ME TWO TIMES" MONSTER 60's SOUND LISTEN! US $14.38 Buy It Now 3h 54m
Doors, Love Her Madly/Don't Go No Further, .45 rpm US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 59m
THE PHANTOM black magic white magic 45 VINYL SINGLE JIM MORRISON DOORS US $4.99 Buy It Now 4h 5m
the doors soft parade lp US $0.99 [0 bids]
the doors absolutely live US $2.99 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD - SWINGING DOORS / GIRL TURNED RIPE Capitol Star Line 6113 Mint-. US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 15m
The Doors Vinyl LP Alive She Cried 1983 Early pressing US $14.40 [0 bids]
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (2-Disc CD) "Light My Fire" *COMPLETE* US $16.08 Buy It Now 4h 20m
3 Doors Down - WHEN I'M GONE - Promo CD Single [2002] US $5.00 Buy It Now 4h 23m
LOVE.45 love 45 SEATTLE SESSIONS EP CD 3 DOORS DOWN US $7.99 Buy It Now 4h 26m
ROCK LOT [THE DOORS*AC/DC*BOB DYLAN-SHRINK*JEFFERSON STARSHIP] GREAT VALUE US $19.95 [0 bids]
The Better Life by 3 Doors Down (CD, Feb-2000, Universal Distribution) US $0.99 Buy It Now 4h 35m
THE DOORS - WEIRD SCENES INSIDE THE GOLDMINE: 2LP VINYL ALBUM SET (2014) US $35.18 Buy It Now 4h 39m
STARKEY Open The Pod Bay Doors UK heavy vinyl 12" SEALED / NEW Ninja Tune US $4.78 Buy It Now 4h 40m
"THE MUSIC OF THE DOORS" - Stoned Immaculate CD WITH STAR STUDDED BANDS US $2.89 Buy It Now 4h 44m
THE DOORS JIM MORRISON original 10x8 promo press photo photograph 1135-2 US $7.98 Buy It Now 4h 52m
THE DOORS ROBBY KRIEGER original 10x8 promo press photo photograph 1135-5 US $7.98 Buy It Now 4h 54m
THE DOORS JIM MORRISON original 10x8 promo press photo photograph 1135-6 US $7.98 Buy It Now 4h 55m
THE DOORS: LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES rare ELEKTRA 45 clean VG+ US $6.00 Buy It Now 5h
THE DOORS "Strange Days" LP 2009, Rhino Records (180 Gram Vinyl) US $29.95 Buy It Now 5h
2 ORG LPs"CHARLIE RICH"GREATEST HITS-BEHIND CLOSED DOORS-THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GIRL US $4.99 Buy It Now 5h 2m
THE DOORS JIM MORRISON original 10x8 promo press photo photograph 1135-9 US $7.98 Buy It Now 5h 9m
The Doors by The Doors (CD, May-1988, Elektra (Label)) US $3.00 Buy It Now 5h 9m
THE DOORS JIM MORRISON original 10x8 promo press photo photograph 1135-10 US $7.98 Buy It Now 5h 10m
THE DOORS JIM MORRISON original 10x8 promo press photo photograph 1135-11 US $7.98 Buy It Now 5h 10m
THE DOORS ROBBIE KRIEGER original 10x8 promo press photo photograph 1135-12 US $7.98 Buy It Now 5h 12m
Swellers,The - Light Under Closed Doors (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $25.58 Buy It Now 5h 21m
The Doors: Band Logo Ceramic Coffee / Tea Mug - New & Official In Box US $13.60 Buy It Now 5h 22m
The DOORS - Greatest Hits -1980 Elektra 5E-515 US $9.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Riders On A Storm Orig / Changeling U.S. 1971 Vinyl 7" Promo 45 EX US $20.00 Buy It Now 5h 34m
EUROPE Rock The Night 7" Unique Ps, Dutch Issue, B/W Seven Doors Hotel, Epc 650 US $7.98 Buy It Now 5h 44m
THE DOORS ABSOLUTELY LIVE DOUBLE LP UK A1/B1 1976 EX- US $31.98 Buy It Now 5h 47m
DOORS WAITING FOR THE SUN / JAPAN NM MINT- SUPERB COPY GATEFOLD COVER SJET875 US $499.99 Buy It Now 5h 47m
The Doors : The Doors CD (1990) US $3.97 Buy It Now 5h 47m
THE DOORS - Waiting For The Sun KOREA LP Diff Color Cvr US $14.99 Buy It Now 5h 48m
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (CD, Nov-2000, 2 Discs, Elektra (Label US $0.99 [0 bids]
~ THE DOORS - MORRISON HOTEL ~ MUSIC CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 5h 53m
The Best of the Doors [1985] by Doors - FACTORY CD MISSPRINT - READ DESCRIPTION US $34.99 Buy It Now 5h 54m
EX-/EX- !! Butts Band/Self Titled/1974 Blue Thumb LP/Doors US $35.20 Buy It Now 5h 59m
MUSICARDS 1991 Pro Set Music Card No 008 The DOORS US $4.72 Buy It Now 5h 59m
THE DOORS-Touch Me/Wild Child USA 7" VG+ Cond US $7.98 Buy It Now 5h 59m
Doors Elektra 45635 Hello, I Love You and Love Street US $6.30 Buy It Now 6h 2m
45RPM Doors Love Her Madly and Don't Go No Further US $8.99 Buy It Now 6h 5m
The Doors - The Original Soundtrack (A Film by Oliver Stone) (b) US $7.92 Buy It Now 6h 8m
8-Track Tape, The Doors 13, Orpheus 8 US $5.50 [0 bids]
Entire 3 Doors Down Discography + Guitar Tab Lot of 9 Excellent Condition Sealed US $50.00 Buy It Now 6h 16m
The Doors - Strange Days The Sunday Times US $1.60 [0 bids]
Russian BAYAN Rock Psych - Fedor CHISTYAKOV - the DOORS & Classics covers US $29.90 Buy It Now 6h 29m
`Noir Paranoic` THE DOORS Art Print Typography Song Lyrics Signed Wall Poster US $7.98 [0 bids]
Doors - Morrison Hotel [CD New] US $8.73 Buy It Now 6h 40m
Doors - Waiting For The Sun [CD New] US $33.64 Buy It Now 6h 47m
Doors - L.A. Woman [CD New] US $29.98 Buy It Now 6h 49m
The Doors *Strange Days* Misprint Cover~True Mono~EKL-4014~Rare Psych~VG US $19.99 [1 bids]
Doors The Soft Parade Taiwan Album US $44.99 Buy It Now 6h 54m
DOORS "RIDERS ON THE STORM c/w L.A. WOMAN" 2 MONSTER SIDES LISTEN! US $14.38 Buy It Now 6h 55m
Joan Jett The Hit List Cassette Tape 1990 Covers Of AC/DC Nazareth ZZ Top Doors US $6.99 Buy It Now 7h 4m
Doors L.A. Woman German Album US $39.99 Buy It Now 7h 4m
THE DOORS JAPAN MINI LA WOMAN PROMO CD. US $60.00 Buy It Now 7h 11m

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS 13 ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(7%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(60%)

THE DOORS 13 reviews

Review by Guillermo
4 stars Despite the band said that they didn`t like that Elektra released compilation albums from them, I consider this "13" album ( titled by the number of songs included in the album) as a very good compilation, one of the best. Even the order of the songs was chosen very well. It has several of my favourite Doors`songs ("People Are Strange", "Moonlight Drive", "The Crystal Ship", "Touch Me", "You`re Lost Little Girl", "Wild Child" and "The Unknown Soldier") plus other songs which are good. I also liked the cover design, which also included in the first editions a inner sleeve with photos of the band taken during "the Miami concert incident", including some of Morrison carrying a lamb given to him by a friend.

This album was released in late 1970, when the band still was playing together, after the release of the "Absolutely Live" album and before the recording of the "L.A. Woman" album. So, this compilation doesn`t include songs from the "L.A. Woman" album, but still it is a very good compilation.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#105708) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 05, 2007

Review by Seyo
3 stars One of the best "greatest hits" collections ever. It contains literally all of the band's hit singles prior to 1970, and it shows nicely the essence of THE DOORS popularity and fame, that at one time matched only that of THE BEATLES. Of course, longer and arguably proggier tracks are missing, but that's not the point. "13" is every teenage kid's ticket to wonderful world of THE DOORS music and psychedelic rock in general. 3,5

Send comments to Seyo (BETA) | Report this review (#106329) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 06, 2007

Review by clarke2001
4 stars

Ah, memories...well, I started to listen to The Doors with the excellent compilation "The Best of The Doors" from 1985 (see entry), but this one is sort of a prehistorical value item for my music lover "career". I was attracted by this record while I was 5, it was in my father's collection and I clearly remember the lovely butterfly printed on a vinyl - publisher's logo. But then again, I see that the record was released by Elektra, not Chrysalis; so I my memories might be somewhat mixed. I asked myself why should anyone name a record after an unlucky number 13, and why should anyone name a band after such a silly name: doors. One of my first learned English words (I asked my father). Approximately ten years later, in my teens, the circle completed itself: I (re)discovered The Doors after getting into "The Best of The Doors" compilation, I discovered another one: 13, this time borrowed, home-taped copy from my friend (my father's broken turntable and his collection were long gone by the time).

And in my tender age of 16, I knew this compilation won't fail me. It didn't. It's an excellent selection of Doors' career - even without including any tracks from "L. A. Woman"; the albums was published later. Therefore, the selection is more...delicate, in a way. There are very few low points - boring "Roadhouse Blues" and boring "Hello, I Love You", and that's about it. (hm...I was thinking of those as of a flawless masterpieces back in my teens).

Compilation contains not the greatest hits, but the best works, really. Whoever was doing the selection, he (or she) didn't had any "progressiveness" on mind, but anyway this record is very consistent and focused (which is not often the case with compilations), it's sort of a mid-paced Doors, so to speak, without getting into any musical extremes, but on the other hand, not falling into the trap of collecting the bunch of overplayed pop hits. I'm very glad that "Land Ho" (an excellent song from a weak album), "The Crystal Ship" (underrated gem) and "Moonlight Drive" had found their place among the others.

Yes, this is a neat little record. I'm still loving it (although I don't posses it).

Get this one. Enjoy some good music. Then get everything else.

Send comments to clarke2001 (BETA) | Report this review (#115369) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, March 16, 2007

Review by Chris H
4 stars The greatest collection of early recordings under one sleeve.

Once again, I am not the biggest fan of collections, especially by bands that I know and understand. Well, this was at a yard sale for $0.50 USD, and I felt like it needed a home. I took it home and it showed me truly how awesome the Doors still were from where I left off. There are a lot of song choices here that one wouldn't normally see on a present-day Doors collection, such as "The Unknown Soldier", "You're Lost, Little Girl" and "Moonlight Drive". The main reason that these songs are on here is because this greatest hits compilation was assembled while the band was still at the top. OK, so what? So that means their album "L.A. Woman" came after this. Nowadays, songs like "L.A. Woman" and "Riders on The Storm" fillt he collections, which makes this an interesting piece to hear what the general consensus of Doors songs were before their groundbreaking "L.A. Woman" album.

As close to 5 stars as a compilation might ever get, very quirky and worth your while. "13" is an awesome compilation!

Send comments to Chris H (BETA) | Report this review (#116285) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 24, 2007

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars This is the first compilation of The Doors. When you look at the tracklist you can certainly not say that their best thirteen songs are featured. But intelligently, it is not called "Best Of", only "13". Most of the songs featured are good of course.

Half of them are even great : "Light My Fire", "People Are Strange", "Touch Me", "Love Me two Times", "Hello, I Love You" and "The Unknown Soldier". But this is only a total of six great songs.

Of course, the format of this compilation (one vinyl album) does not allow the anthems like "The End" or "When The Music's Over".

I guess that at the time, it was a good introduction to the band. Nowadays, I would only recommend "The Best Of Doors" in either the single or double CD packaging. It is truely their best compilation effort (in a compact and cheap format).

This one is useless in comparison. I do not own it as such and I doubt there is a CD version for it. Nonetheless, it is of course a good collection of songs from a very influential band. Four stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#119135) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 20, 2007

Review by Chicapah
3 stars More often than not most telephone conversations with one of my bandmate friends back in the 60s would start with the phrase, "Wait till you hear this album I just bought." Discovering new music was what we lived for. The usual chain of events would be that one of us would've heard something fresh on what was at that time the burgeoning, untamed FM radio format where Top 40 was considered gauche and one was apt to find something radical or progressive, prompting the local word-of-mouth grapevine to sizzle with excitement. On this occasion it was my group's keyboard man, Rick Cramer, who informed me that his most recent discovery, "The Doors," were nothing short of phenomenal. I had learned to rely on his judgment and taste (he later turned me on to Jimi Hendrix) so I had no doubts. The passage of time has not only confirmed Rick's initial glowing assessment but has also cemented the band's place as one of the most influential American combos ever.

January, 1967. Four years had passed since Beatlemania exploded like a bomb and the long-haired, guitar-wielding armies of the British Invasion that followed them ashore had successfully routed our unarmed but bronze-tanned Beach Boy brigade, reclaiming the rebellious colonies of the Queen Mother's empire without a single shot being fired (musically speaking, of course). Four years had elapsed without we Yanks offering anything even close to a comparable counterpart. (And, no, The Monkees don't count. Davy was from Manchester.) Oh, we had the undeniably great Bob Dylan, for sure, but he was an enigmatic solo artist creating his own universe and he didn't belong to anybody, really. There were good east coast bands like The Young Rascals but they were solidly entrenched in traditional R&B sounds. The west coast had The Byrds but their obvious folk and C&W roots marginalized their impact. We had no viable answer. One big reason for this situation was a variation on the biblical adage about prophets being shunned on their own stomping grounds. Another was that, following the shady elimination of JFK, my generation had become so disgusted with the social climate in our homeland that we felt it much safer to trust in music, styles and ideas imported from distant realms, the UK in particular. One- or two-hit state-side wonders were fine and dandy as temporary diversions but we weren't willing to embrace an all-American ensemble as being worthy of unconditional adoration just yet. "Made in the USA" didn't carry much clout with us hippies. We still didn't trust anything homegrown. Not even ourselves.

The opening bang from John Densmore's snare on "Light My Fire" signaled more than just the emergence of yet another garage band with a record deal. The Doors were different. They didn't proclaim that there was a new sheriff in town. On the contrary, they announced that law and order had broken down completely and the rebels and scruffy riff-raff had boldly taken over Main Street. The Doors were non-conformist, definitely anti- establishment and exactly what we'd been waiting for. No more Mr. Nice Guy. The handsome, charismatic Jim Morrison wasn't shy in his singing brazenly about freedom from all rules, seeking uninhibited sex and living a bohemian, devil-may-care existence. To that notion we summarily cried out in our quaint vernacular, "Right on! Where do we sign up?" and the California gold rush was on again. The Doors unwittingly opened the flood gates that made it easier for bands like Jefferson Airplane, Buffalo Springfield, Grateful Dead, Sly & the Family Stone and even the strange Mothers of Invention to find more acceptance within the budding flower child movement. The curse had finally been lifted. Don't get me wrong, though. I'm not putting The Doors on the same plateau as the Fab Four or even The Who. No way. I'm just saying that in this egregious L.A.-based quartet we homies found four literate misfits that spoke our language and that aspect alone was a refreshing break-on-through for us.

Problem was, the indulgent, hedonistic mindset that attracted us to them like moths to a hot flame was so damning in nature that it figuratively beheaded the group barely four years after they came onto the scene. Densmore, Manzarek and Krieger were gifted musicians who instinctively knew where to draw the chalk lines but Morrison was the prototype bad boy who couldn't care less about his public image or the moral majority's outrage over his open indulgences in lewd behavior, drink and drugs. The upside of that stance was that we young Brandos thought it "cool." The flip side of that coin was that it systematically eroded the quality of The Doors' music to the point where, of their six studio albums, only their debut and grand finale are exceptional with the four in between containing only glimpses of brilliance. And, tragically, Jim's self-inflicted abuse slowly transformed him from a sly, grinning lizard king Adonis into what critic Lester Bangs called "Bozo Dionysus" and there lies the shame of it all. No matter the spin one applies, their story is very sad.

This LP, "13," is a representation of their first five long-play offerings. I wonder if, as the 70s dawned on western civilization, the suits at Electra could see that the group was sliding down the slippery slope of decline and the label had best try to seize the moment before their waning popularity sank their profitability into red ink oblivion. Top secret corporate news flashes about how things were progressing on album #6 (especially with word coming that their long-time producer, Paul Rothchild, had taken a hike) were not encouraging so it's hard to blame them for issuing a compilation at that juncture. To them the future was uncertain and the end was always near.

From the impressive 1st album they wisely included the full 6:50 rendition of the ground- breaking "Light My Fire," the incredibly intimidating "Back Door Man" and the hauntingly beautiful "Crystal Ship." The above average but slightly uneven "Strange Days" LP is represented well by the poignant and unique "People Are Strange," the dangerous romance of "Moonlight Drive," "You're Lost, Little Girl" with its predatory aura and the carnal plea of "Love Me Two Times." The unfocused "Waiting for the Sun" album earned spots with the banal-but-catchy "Hello, I Love You" and their excellent anti-war anthem, "The Unknown Soldier" with its abstract juxtaposition of obscene brutality and gleeful march music. The disappointing platter that is "Soft Parade" shows up in the form of the big band brashness of "Touch Me" and the hard rock of the superb "Wild Child." Many fans find something to like about "Morrison Hotel" but I'm not one of them so the silly antics of "Land Ho" and the we-can-always-do-a-blues-tune sentiment of the overplayed "Roadhouse Blues" is as suitable as anything else they could've chosen to cull from those dismal Jim's- on-another-bender sessions.

My advice to the progger who desires to own a decent collection of Doors music is to purchase the opening and the closing albums of their career with the irreplaceable icon Mr. Morrison and toss in their sophomore effort to boot because you don't want to miss having the fantastic "When the Music's Over" in your Door jam under any circumstances. Still, if you happen to come across "13" in the used vinyl bins you should probably pick it up because, despite its faults, it accurately reflects the up and down nature of the group's artistic endeavors from '67 to '70. 3.3 stars.

Send comments to Chicapah (BETA) | Report this review (#282637) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, May 19, 2010

4 stars This is the first 'best of' edition by the Doors. It was released in late 1970. I, being the ardent fan that I was, just had to have it. Never mind that I already possessed those songs on other releases, I still had to have that album. The selection is actually quite good for those who aren't t ... (read more)

Report this review (#269370) | Posted by Keetian | Wednesday, March 03, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE DOORS "13"