Alan Parsons Project - Eve  CD (album) cover

EVE

Alan Parsons Project

DrömmarenAdrian
3 stars "Eve" is Alan Parsons Project's fourth studio album and it was released in 1979 and has a picture of the women with dark veils covering their faces looking at us with melancholic eyes. The musicians on this record are David Paton (bass), Stuart Elliott(drums and percussion), Ian Bairnson(guitars), Eric Woolfson and Duncan MacKay(keyboards), Alan Parsons and Eric Woolfson(miscellaneous instruments), Chris Rainbow and David Paton(backing vocals) and Christ Rainbow, Kenny Zakatek, Dave Townsend, Lesley Duncan, David Patton, Clare Torry(Lead vocals) and The Orchestra of the Munich Chamber Opera with Andrew Powell(orchestra and choir).

"Eve" is a very well produced and fine sounding album which you can listen to if you want smooth and shimmering music that not disturbs anyone. In my opinion the music is a little bit too laid back. I would have wanted more scars and disturbancies through the record. But well, why complain about beautiful music. "Eve" certainly has a lot to praise: fine vocal themes, light symphonic passages and a rich and good soundscape. But the music is too soft and easy achieved to be considered prog or get my fully interest. "If I Could Change Your Mind" is the finest song but actually every track is good. Alan Parsons Project's first record was magic in my ears, after that they have just been okay, and with "Eve" I would say the same. Three stars!

DrömmarenAdrian | 3/5 |