EVE

Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Music
Studio Album, released in 1979

side 1
1. Lucifer (5:09)
2. You Lie Down With Dogs (3:42)
3. I'd Rather Be A Man (3:52)
4. You Won't Be There (3:37)
5. Winding Me Up (4:00)
Side 2
6. Damned If I Do (4:50)
7. Don't Hold Back (3:36)
8. Secret Garden (4:40)
9. If I Could Change Your Mind (5:49)

Search ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Eve lyrics

Search ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Eve tabs

- David Paton / bass
- Stuart Elliott / drums & percussion
- Ian Bairnson / guitars
- Eric Woolfson, Duncan MacKay / keyboards
- Alan Parsons, Eric Woolfson / miscellaneous instruments
- Chris Rainbow, David Paton / backing vocals
- Chris Rainbow, Lenny Zakatek, Dave Townsend, Lesley Duncan, David Patton, Clare Torry - Lead vocals
- The Orchestra of the Munich Chamber Opera arranged and conducted by Andrew Powell / orchestra & choir

and to Tarcisio Moura for the last updates

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Eve Music

I Robot (Legacy Edition)I Robot (Legacy Edition)
Legacy 2013
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Turn Of A Friendly Card 180G Vinyl LP Music On Vinyl SEALED US $33.94 Buy It Now 34m 6s
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Pyramid CD 1978 Album Arista 8225 DIDX 169 US $3.50 Buy It Now 1h 25m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT 'Prime Time' 1984 German 7"/45 rpm vinyl single US $6.46 Buy It Now 1h 43m
The Alan Parsons Project "Tales Of Mystery And Imagination" CD 1987 Mercury US $1.50 [1 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project PLATINUM & GOLD COLLECTION CD ~ Exc. USED Cond. US $8.00 Buy It Now 2h 33m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT, VULTURE CULTURE, AL8-8263 SB, LP; MINT/NEAR MINT,LYRIC US $2.99 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project / Don't Answer Me / Don't Let It Show 45 rpm Record US $5.00 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project Tales of Mystery and Imagination Rock LP Vinyl VG+  US $9.99 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project, I Robot. 200 Gram 33rpm Sealed Vinyl LP "Classic Records" US $119.99 Buy It Now 3h 20m
The Alan Parsons Project GAUDI ISRAELI PRESS LP LYRIC US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 22m
The Alan Parsons Project I Robot Album US $2.50 Buy It Now 3h 23m
The Alan Parsons Project The Turn Of A Friendly Card Album US $2.50 Buy It Now 3h 32m
Alan Parsons Project - Best of - Compilation Cassette US $6.40 Buy It Now 3h 42m
LP ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - TURN OF A FRIENDLY CARD (MUSIC ON VINYL) MINT ISSUE US $20.98 [0 bids]
LP ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - EVE (MUSIC ON VINYL) SEALED 180GM AUDIOPHILE PRESSI US $20.98 [0 bids]
LP ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - EYE IN THE SKY (MUSIC ON VINYL) SEALED 180GM AUDIOPHIL US $20.98 [0 bids]
LP ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - PYRAMID (MUSIC ON VINYL) SEALED 180GM AUDIOPHILE PR US $20.98 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - GAUDI GERMAN LP W/SLEEVE INNER PINK FLOYD US $8.08 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project Arista 45 Record #0696 VG+ 1982 Eye In The Sky / Gemini US $4.00 Buy It Now 4h 14m
Alan Parsons Project Arista 45 Record #0454 NM 1979 Damned If I Do / If I Could US $5.00 Buy It Now 4h 16m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT LP-AMMONIA AVENUE/ARISTA REC. 1984 ALS-8204 VG++ GLOSSY US $7.98 Buy It Now 4h 29m
Vulture Culture by The Alan Parsons Project (1 CD With Bonus Tracks) US $2.00 [0 bids]
Pyramid by The Alan Parsons Project (1 CD With Bonus Tracks) US $2.00 [0 bids]
Eve by The Alan Parsons Project (1 CD With Bonus Tracks) US $2.00 [0 bids]
Stereotomy by The Alan Parsons Project (1 CD With Bonus Tracks) US $2.00 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project -Ammonia Avenue with inner -free uk post US $18.79 Buy It Now 6h 10m
Alan Parsons Project -Tales of Mystery & Imagination -gatefold -free uk post US $18.79 Buy It Now 6h 10m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT -(LP)- I ROBOT - FEATURING "BREAKDOWN" - ARISTA - 1977 US $11.99 Buy It Now 6h 54m
The Essential Alan Parsons Project 3 CD Set Sealed Best US $12.84 Buy It Now 6h 57m
italo CUBE concert boy / Alan parsons project you don't US $27.99 Buy It Now 7h 15m
THE BEST OF THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT ARISTA GATEFOLD LP / RECORD US $7.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT ULTRA RARE NZ CASSETTE TAPE! US $13.93 Buy It Now 7h 29m
Gaudi by The Alan Parsons Project US $3.74 Buy It Now 7h 30m
Alan Parsons Project: Eve ~ Very Good CD (1984, Arista (USA) ARCD 8062) US $6.47 Buy It Now 7h 42m
Alan Parsons Project RARE Japan 7 PROMO single Damned VINYL synth prog Floyd US $13.99 Buy It Now 7h 47m
5 Lp HEART ERIC CLAPTON STEVE MILLER BAND FLEETWOOD MAC ALAN PARSONS PROJECT US $6.95 Buy It Now 8h 9m
Alan Parsons Project - I Robot LP VG++ b US $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 15m
CASSETTE TAPE THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT AMMONIA AVENUE 1984 ARISTA RECORDS OOP !! US $4.99 Buy It Now 8h 18m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT i robot 1977 al7002 arista record album vinyl lp 12" US $0.69 [1 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT EVE RECORD ALBUM VG COVER VG 1030 US $0.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT : EYE IN THE SKY , ( ARISTA , CANADA ) US $4.25 Buy It Now 8h 39m
Alan Parsons Project - The Turn Of A Friendly Card 1980 Cassette Rock US $3.00 Buy It Now 8h 43m
The Alan Parsons Project - I Robot, LP, GATE, 1977 US $6.99 Buy It Now 9h 25m
The Alan Parsons Project - Amonia Avenue Cassette - Factory Sealed! US $0.99 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project Vulture culture cassette Arista US $4.50 Buy It Now 9h 30m
The Alan Parsons Project Eve 8 Track Tape TESTED US $8.00 Buy It Now 9h 31m
Alan Parsons Project - Stereotomy, LP 1985 US $3.25 Buy It Now 9h 43m
Alan Parsons Project - The Best Of (CD, 1983, Arista Records) US $1.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT LOT OF 2 RECORDS US $7.99 [0 bids]
Eye in the Sky by The Alan Parsons Project (CD, Oct-1990, Arista) US $3.99 [0 bids]
10h
UHQR - Alan Parsons Project - I Robot - 12" vinyl - Mobile Fidelity 1-084 SEALED US $399.99 [0 bids]
Eye in the Sky by The Alan Parsons Project (CD, Oct-1990, Arista) US $5.00 [0 bids]
Eye in the Sky: Encore Collection by The Alan Parsons Project (CD, Aug-1999,... US $4.99 [0 bids]
The Best Of The Alan Parsons Project - LP Record - AL8-8193 US $5.99 Buy It Now 11h 45m
20 ROCK VINYL RECORD LPS Simon And Garfunkel, Alan Parsons Project, Jethro Tull US $39.90 Buy It Now 11h 54m
The Best of the Alan Parsons Project, Vol. 2 by The Alan Parsons Project (CD,... US $2.00 [0 bids]
I ROBOT ALAN PARSONS PROJECT LP ARISTA RECORDS SPARTY1012 IMPORT MADE IN GB 1977 US $6.88 Buy It Now 12h 42m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Vulture Culture AL8-8263 1984 VINYL RECORD 12" LP ALBUM US $7.49 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS Project 1985 STEREOTOMY LP with Custom Colored Outer Sleeve US $15.00 Buy It Now 14h
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - STEREOTOMY - U.S. PROMO 12" US $4.98 Buy It Now 14h 5m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - The Turn Of A Friendly Card ~ VINYL LP US $18.13 Buy It Now 14h 59m
PSYCHOBABBLE alan parsons project 45 US $1.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT TIME JAPAN 7" P/S white promo US $24.99 Buy It Now 15h 15m
Disconet - Volume 5 Program 8 - Alan Parsons Project/Richard Woods - 12" Single US $3.25 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT LET'S TALK ABOUT ME JAPAN 7" P/S US $10.99 Buy It Now 15h 20m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT DAYS ARE NUMBERS ( THE TRAVELLER ) JAPAN 7" P/S US $24.99 Buy It Now 15h 23m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT TALES OF MYSTERY AND IMAGINATION NEW ZEALAND 1976 VINYL LP US $34.78 Buy It Now 15h 39m
The Alan Parsons Project Rare Authentic Hand Signed Vinyl Lp Record I Robot 1977 US $124.99 Buy It Now 15h 56m
The Turn of a Friendly Card by The Alan Parsons Project (CD, Arista) US $3.05 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT I ROBOT VINYL RECORD 1976 AMERICAN WOOLFSONGS US $7.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT 45 " CHILDREN OF THE MOON " 1980s Rock US $3.92 Buy It Now 17h 32m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT closer to heaven 7" promo b/w money talks (108826) pic slv US $8.54 Buy It Now 17h 58m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT don't answer me 7" b/w you don't believe (arist553) pic slv US $8.08 Buy It Now 17h 58m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT damned if i do 7" b/w you lie down with the dogs (101771) p US $8.08 Buy It Now 17h 58m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT let's talk about me 7" (as19282) pic slv us arista 1985 US $8.08 Buy It Now 17h 58m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT let's talk about me 7" (arist588) pic slv uk arista 1985 US $8.08 Buy It Now 17h 58m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT lucifer 7" b/w i'd rather be a man (101243) black/pink pic US $8.08 Buy It Now 17h 58m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT pyramania 7" b/w in the lap of the gods (arist195) uk arist US $8.08 Buy It Now 17h 58m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT prime time 7" (arist572) pic slv uk arista 1984 US $8.08 Buy It Now 17h 58m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT time 7" b/w the gold bug (as0598) us arista 1980 US $8.08 Buy It Now 17h 58m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Turn Of A Friendly Card 200g VINYL LP NEW/SEALED OOP US $49.99 Buy It Now 18h 9m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT: BEST OF ARISTA AL8-8193 US $3.99 Buy It Now 18h 23m
Alan Parsons Project - Tales Of Mystery (NEW CD) US $10.92 Buy It Now 20h 7m
The Alan Parsons Project I Robot & Air Supply Now and Forever Vinyl LP Record 33 US $8.88 Buy It Now 20h 39m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT*Tales Of Edgar Allan Poe(The Raven)MINT-45 rpm Spain 7" US $12.00 Buy It Now 21h 53m
The Best of the Alan Parsons Project by Alan Project Parsons (CD, 1990, Arista) US $5.00 [0 bids]
LP*ALAN PARSONS PROJECT*Tales of Mystery*RARE Pressing US $195.99 Buy It Now 22h 34m
ALAN PARSONS Project A Valid Path 5.1 DUALDISC CD / DVD DAVID GILMOUR Pink Floyd US $60.99 Buy It Now 23h
THE COMPLETE AUDIO GUIDE TO THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT 8 LP BOX PINK FLOYD BEATLES US $25.00 Buy It Now 23h 37m
Alan Parsons Project Ammonia Avenue ORIG +LYRIC SLEEVE US $8.00 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project I Robot ORIG GATEFOLD NM US $8.00 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project "Eye In The Sky" Vinyl US $6.00 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project Eye In The Sky Gemini AS0696 G-VG (45-9782) US $6.49 Buy It Now 1 day
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Turn Of A Friendly Card LP OOP prog-rock Iain Bairson US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - EVE + VULTURE CULTURE US $4.50 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Best Of LP 1983 Arista Records Canada Vinyl Album VG+ US $6.95 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Tales of Mystery and Imagination LP 1976 COLORED VINYL US $11.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Alan Parsons Project "Pyramid" 12" LP with insert (Arista, 1978) US $0.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT(LOT Of 4) LPS US $39.98 Buy It Now 1 day
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - EYE IN THE SKY - BRAZIL (4pics) US $35.00 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT music online Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ALAN PARSONS PROJECT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Eve ratings distribution

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Eve reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
1 stars Although this has moments , stick with the first three( or start with them and see for yourself), but one has the feeling that with each new album the APP made , the less inspiration was present and the more the general public started liking this and somehow ...... doesn't that reflect the 80's so well?

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#5593) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Review by greenback
4 stars Like on "Turn of A Friendly Card", there are orchestral arrangements here. I'd rather be a man is excellent, with this usual discrete fast keyboards notes like on "Pyramid"'s HYPER-GAMMA-SPEEDS. You have the chance to hear the wonderful voice of Clare Torry (PINK FLOYD's Great gig in the sky) on don't hold back. My favorite one is probably "Secret Garden", where amazing loud bass, orchestral and vocal arrangements are played through fast and discrete keyboards. "If I Could Change The World" is a James Bond-esque main song, with beautiful female lead vocals. Most of the rest is very pop, accessible, rather addictive and well made: when ALAN PARSONS makes a pop song, he rarely misses his shot.

Send comments to greenback (BETA) | Report this review (#5594) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 05, 2004

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars Not a fig leaf in sight

"Eve " is a pretty good outing for the prolific Alan Parsons Project, with one notably strong track, a good selection of guests, and some nice instrumental work.

The usual melodic pop prog Is here, with strong melodies and fine performances. The Moody Blues, Barclay James Harvest, and later Renaissance all offer indications of the type of music to expect. The prog influences, which were at their strongest on the first album ("Tales of Mystery and Imagination") have all but dried up with the tracks all being shorter, individual pieces.

It tends to be when they do ballads that APP really shine, and in this case, "If I could change your mind" is the standout track. Vastly underrated singer Lesley Duncan (try to hear her lovely version of Elton John's "Love song" sometime) takes the lead vocals on this track. This makes for a beautiful contrast with the normally male dominated vocals.

The other tracks are pretty standard APP tracks, pleasant enough, but not particularly memorable. "Damned if I do" for example" is one of Parson's ubiquitous mid-paced, easy listening numbers, interchangeable with any one of the similar tracks on many of their other albums. It's not quite strong enough to make a single, and not quite interesting enough for a decent album track. "You won't be there" is a rare example of a Parsons ballad which fails to hit the mark. It is just a bit toowet and self pitying to warrant repeated listening. All the tracks are of course performed impeccably.

Looking for prog here would be a pretty fruitless exercise, but as a relaxing alternative, the album would make for an acceptable choice.

One of the better APP offerings.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#5591) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, May 28, 2004

Review by Chris S
3 stars Eve was not all bad and has some good moments about it like the instrumentals ' Lucifer' and ' Secret garden'. Other interesting songs were ' Damned if I do' and ' You lie down with dogs'. At a time when prog was definitely on the way out Eve was still a welcome relief from some of the other junk out at the time. Conceptually a good theme too and the first album by APP to introduce female vocals ( well it sounds like it ) on ' If I could change your mind'

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#5600) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Review by Proghead
3 stars Often referred to as the ALAN PARSONS PROJECT's worst album of the 1970s. To me, I think the album is a mixed bag, and doesn't quite live up to the greatness of their previous three albums. Certainly there's songs on here every bit as good as those on "I Robot", but there are some ballads that don't quite work. "Lucifer" is a truly wonderful instrumental, dominated by orchestrations and John Leach's dulcimer and zither (they are actually a cimbalom and kantele, respectively). "Damned if I Do" was the minor hit on the album, a rocking number with orchestration with vocals from Lenny Zakatek. "I'd Rather Be a Man" and "You Lie Down with Dogs" are more rocking numbers, but there are some ballads too, like "You Won't Be There", and "If I Could Change Your Mind". The biggest criticisms of this album, aside from the lyrics, was the presence of female vocals on two cuts (Claire Torrey and Leslie Duncan). I guess I have less a problem with the vocals, and more a problem with the quality of material they were singing on ("Don't Hold Back" and "If I Could Change Your Mind"). The ballads on "Pyramid", "I Robot", and "Tales..." (like "The Eagle Will Rise Again", "Day After Day (The Show Must Go On)", and "To One in Paradise", for example) were well done without being overly mushy or shlocky, but the ones on "Eve" often get a little to close to Muzak. And then the other instrumental, "Secret Garden", dominated by piano, is rather unremarkable in light of "Lucifer". The album has its good material, but has some rather obvious low points too.

My rating: 3 1/2 stars

Send comments to Proghead (BETA) | Report this review (#5602) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 29, 2004

Review by Guillermo
3 stars This album is a combination of Pop Rock songs with orchestral arrangements and some Prog Rock arrangements. It is enjoyable and "light". As always, Parsons and Woolfson have very good musicians and singers to record their songs, and Parsons produced an album with songs "very clearly" recorded and mixed. "Lucifer" is a very good instrumental song. The other instrumental song, "Secret Garden", is one of my favourites, with good orchestral arrangements, and some very good vocals sung without lyrics. From the rest of the songs, my favourites are: "Don`t Hold Back" (sung by Clare Torry), "Damned if I Do" (sung by Lenny Zakatek), "Winding Me Up" (sung by Chris Rainbow, it also has a very good orchestral arrangement with "classical music influences"), and the best song of this album IMO, a Pop Rock ballad called "If I Could Change Your Mind" (sung by Lesley Duncan). This last song has very good orchestral arrangements and very good lead vocals. It could have been a hit single, but I don`t know if this song was released as a single. In general, this is a good album, but more oriented to Pop Rock than Prog Rock.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#39383) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Review by Gatot
3 stars Typical with previous albums, this one starts off with an atmospheric and ambient music in the form of instrumental exploring keyboard sounds combined with choirs and orchestration by Andrew Powell through "Lucifer". This track was once very popular as the band's track in the seventies. The next tracks "You Lie Down With Dogs" and "I'd Rather Be A Man" are pop outfit with good vocals. "You Won't Be There" slows down the music into a mellow style with a bit boring vocal line - it's probably the composition is not that tight. "Winding Me Up" closes Side 1 of the LP with another pop song with easy to predict beats. Until this point I get bored with the music.

"Damned If I Do", "Don't Hold Back", and "Secret Garden" share the same style in pop and it's enough to make me getting "bored" with the album. Fortunately the concluding track "If I Could Change Your Mind" has different style with previous tracks and it's mellower with better melody and good orchestration.

"Eve" is not as strong as "Pyramid" but it's still a good album. If you have limited budget to spend for CD, do not invest with this one, get other stuffs with proggier touch! Keep on proggin'.!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#75715) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 21, 2006

Review by ClemofNazareth
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk Researcher
2 stars I borrowed this album just for the purposes of this review, and I’m glad I did instead of buying it, because it’s not really very good.

I had a copy of this album on 8-track years ago just because at the time I was buying just about anything with Alan Parsons’ name on it. But even then it wasn’t something that got played all that often, since besides “Lucifer” and maybe “Damned if I Do”, there wasn’t much on it that interested me at the time. Listening to it again now after almost twenty years, my opinion hasn’t changed much.

The Parsons trademark opening instrumental is “Lucifer” for this album, and like most Project instrumentals it has some creative keyboard work (especially the bell-like organ), but the rhythm is pretty repetitive and doesn’t really vary enough to make it interesting. Even the backing choral chants seem a bit flat and cursory. The theme of this album is women (hence the title), and the interrelationships of men with the fairer sex, so the title of this song is probably referring to the Biblical temptation scene in the garden of Eden, I suppose.

“You Lie Down With Dogs” is a pretty biting tune (no pun intended) with Lenny Zakatek verbally dressing down his woman and apparently accusing her of tramping around. This sounds like something (musically and lyrically) that wouldn’t have sounded out of place on Foreigner’s ‘Head Games’ album. Maybe either Parsons or Woolfson was coming out of a bad relationship around the time this song was written, who knows.

Long-time Project collaborator David Paton sings on “I’d Rather be a Man”, yet another pop/rock tune with pretty basic rhythm and not much interesting in the instrumentation. This is really poor ‘women are evil’ theme and is pretty forgettable as a whole.

Some guy named David Townshend sings on “You Won’t be There”, a mellow love-and- leave tune in the vein of so many seventies pop singers. There are some decent orchestral arrangements here, but the lyrics are rather awkward and as a whole this is just pure pop drivel. Not at all worthy of the Parsons name.

Chris Rainbow aka Chris Harley serves up his own pop single with “Winding Me Up”, another seventies-inspired tune that could have been a one-hit-wonder for someone like Paper Lace or Orleans.

The other hit single from this album (“Lucifer” was the first) was “Damned If I Do”, with a keyboard/guitar cadence that sounds very much like most of the front side of ‘Turn of a Friendly Card’, with bouncy keyboards, basic tempo, and almost invisible guitars. There’s a little string orchestration on this one, but the stilting organ dominates in between the poppish lyrics except for a brief and uninspired guitar solo near the end. This was a catchy tune in its time, but again is nothing more than radio-targeted pop.

Since this album is about women, it makes sense that one or two of them would appear on the album, and Parsons doesn’t disappoint. He taps into his previous Pink Floyd association once again and delivers Claire Torry on “Don’t Hold Back”. Torry actually has an interesting voice when she’s actually singing lyrics as opposed to her other- worldly scat from ‘Dark Side of the Moon’, although here again the sound is very dated, and the date is 1979. Musically this track has nothing interesting to offer.

The other instrumental is “Secret Garden”, and as usual it is heavy on keyboards and light on variation. This has some nice strings but they almost sound like a combination of the real thing and some synthesizer magic, which wouldn’t be too surprising considering the time in which this album was produced.

Lesley Duncan (another ‘Dark Side of the Moon’ connection) is the other female vocalist on the album, closing it out with “If I Could Change Your Mind”. This would have sounded just about the same if Olivia Newton-John or Kiki Dee had recorded it instead. Move along citizens, nothing to see here.

So in all this is a pretty mediocre album. I can’t believe you are still reading this actually – I would have given up long ago were I not the one who wrote it. The production is technically proficient of course - this is Alan Parsons we’re taking about, after all. But the arrangements are uninspired, the lyrics bitter without any pretense of being clever or multi-faceted, and the overall word that comes to mind is – bland.

Two stars as a pop album, and don’t look for anything resembling progressive music here.

peace

Send comments to ClemofNazareth (BETA) | Report this review (#94003) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Review by Chicapah
1 stars By 1979 the world-wide plague known as disco had done its dirty work and sucked all the soul out of modern pop music and this album is a true reflection of that sad situation. I don't have a problem with this studio group being included on this site but finding anything even approaching the realm of prog on this record is harder than finding the Ark of the Lost Covenant and not nearly as exciting.

Parsons & Co. start things off with an instrumental named "Lucifer," that is only mildly interesting and becomes downright comical if you envision in your mind the Prince of Darkness doing his best John Travolta to this tune on a disco dance floor. "You Lie Down With Dogs" is an example of the "funky" disco sound that was popular at that time. Lyric-wise I think it would do rather well as the theme song for an anti-STD public service program. If there is a track that comes within a mile of being considered prog related it's the next cut, "I'd Rather be a Man." It has the unmistakable Alan Parsons Project atmosphere and it should be on the all-time top ten list of put-down tunes. It's hard to come up with a line more degrading than "I'd rather be a man 'cause a man don't crawl like you do." Ouch.

"You Won't Be There" is just a sappy torch song that brings to mind Air Supply. 'Nuff said. This is followed by "Winding Me Up," a lame wimp-rock song that begins with a requisite crank-up-the-toy sound effect. So clever. Alan tries to pull off an ELO imitation here but he fails miserably because the tune is so inferior. "Damned If I Do" starts with an ambience similar to some of his work on his excellent "Tales of Mystery and Imagination - Edgar Allan Poe" debut but it doesn't last long because before you know it the number turns into yet another funky disco dirge. Yark. "Don't Hold Back" is another wimp rock ditty that could have been inspired by Olivia Newton-John. You get the picture.

"Secret Garden" is an instrumental that sounds great but ultimately goes nowhere. There's not even a decent melody. It does have some nice Beach Boys kind of harmonies in the middle section but, other than that, it would fit right in as background music on the Weather Channel during the "Local on the 8's" breaks. Last but not least you get exposed to "If I Could Change Your Mind," a Carly Simon-styled torch ballad that does nothing for me at all. I get more stimulus from watching. well, the Weather Channel.

It seems to me that Alan Parsons and his partner Eric Woolfson had stopped being trendsetters and had started trying to create hit songs by mimicking what was being played on the radio. While that makes a certain kind of logical sense business-wise, it rarely works even though the record executives of that era vehemently crusaded and defended that mindset. In the case of "Eve" it only resulted in the creation of an album of incredibly mediocre quality. Skip this one altogether. 1.4 stars.

Send comments to Chicapah (BETA) | Report this review (#127810) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, July 07, 2007

Review by ghost_of_morphy
4 stars Ok, I've got some extra time today and I've been looking for an album to review. You know, an album where you end up saying more than "Ditto" to umpteen million reviews.

And I think I've found one. Eve, by The Alan Parsons Project is going to get 4 stars from me as an excellent addition to any prog collection.

Now let me start justifying that opinion, because I'm obviously not in the mainstream on this.

First of all, this is one of the few albums where Alan manages to get a concept across. Yeah, I know every APP album is a concept album, but in most of them you have to strain really hard to find the concept. Not in this one, though. The concept is in your face from Lucifer to If I Could Change Your Mind.

The second reason for liking this album is the instrumentals. We've got two of the best featured here. Secret Garden is a nice one, and Lucifer may be the best instrumental they ever released. APP instrumentals are some of the best reasons for liking this band, and here we get a high quality double helping. Cool.

Thirdly, we've got some really good (albeit misogynistic) songs here. You Lie Down With Dogs, I'd Rather Be A Man, and Damned If I Do are all top notch, and that's half of the songs on the album (I'll admit that Winding Me Up and You Won't Be There are not of the same high quality, but that's the reason I'm giving out 4 stars instead of 5,) The masterpiece here is the last track, If I Could Change Your Mind. Lush instrumentation and a kick-ass guest female vocalist makes this a high point of the album.

Eve is probably my favorite APP album (although it faces some stiff competition from The Turn of a Friendly Card) and is fully deserving of 4 stars and a lot of respect for what was created.

Send comments to ghost_of_morphy (BETA) | Report this review (#149598) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, November 08, 2007

Review by progaardvark
2 stars The Alan Parsons Project's fourth studio album dealt with the concept of women and is suitably called "Eve." This would be the only APP album to feature lead vocals by women (although only two tracks). One of the singers is Clare Torry, of Pink Floyd fame. The other was Lesley Duncan, who never really achieved any commercial success. Again, like on previous albums, a host of guests make their presence here. However, there aren't really any standouts worth mentioning. The album still features Parsons' trademark production and engineering, but somehow even this is not enough to save this album from being one of the worst releases of the entire APP discography.

The album is chiefly pop rock, including a number of danceable numbers and a few ballads. The only track worth listening to is the powerful instrumental called "Lucifer." Although repetitive in nature, the soundscapes on this song are quite powerful sensing a strong feeling of evil. After that first track, it's mostly a "skipfest" for your CD player. Definitely a two-star album. For collectors and die-hard fans only. Even many APP fans are not too fond of this album.

Send comments to progaardvark (BETA) | Report this review (#153941) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 03, 2007

Review by progrules
3 stars I can't believe this was at one point my all time favourite band. You can imagine my prog collection was very poor then and I hadn't even discovered the great prog bands of the seventies like Genesis, Yes and Pink Floyd. In fact this was one of the first (near) progressive encounters for me, I was still in my teenages so please forgive me.

But why is it that I can't believe I loved it so much ? Because I'm more of a rock fan so in fact this is far too soft for me. But I must have been in a period that I wanted to discover real smooth beautiful music and then you're in the right place with APP.

This was my third or fourth purchase of an APP album and I was really into it I can remember. This wasn't a bad album at all and I still quite like it but now it really depends on my mood and my APP mood doesn't really occur too much last few decades. I mainly loved the APP instrumentals like Lucifer and Secret Garden in this case. The others are no more than nice to me now.

If you like smooth, mellow high quality and melodic music you could easily take an APP album and this would be a good choise. 3 stars for old times sake.

Send comments to progrules (BETA) | Report this review (#155280) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, December 13, 2007

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars Alan Parsons Projet's last album of the 70's showed a kind of turning point for the band. It is still proggy, but also more radio friendly than any of the three previous effords. It has some great tunes on it and it is probably one of his most interesting 'crossover' moments: there are enough progressive moments here to warrant more than a passing interest on a prog lover and still the record is filled with great pop tunes that could have made the top ten list of pop hits of the time (1979 was a very transitional year). As it happend only the mid-paced rocker Damned If I Do was a hit (and a minor one)

Eve was always an album I liked very much since most of my favorite bands were not exactly releasing their best stuff at the time. The album has two of APP's best instrumentals (Lucifer and Secret Garden), plus a good selection of rockers (You Lie Down With Dogs, I'd Rather Be a Man), ballads (Don't Hold Back, If I Could Change Your Mind) and the perfect prog influenced pop song that should have been a great hit on Winding Me Up (great vocal lines, fantastic arrangement, especially the orchestrated middle part). The main novelty may be the presence of female singers Claire Tory (of The Dark Side Of The Moon fame) and Leslie Duncan. Unfortunalty the tunes they sing are simply not as strong as the singers they chose for them.

Overall I really like this album. It has many fine moments, although the prog influences were starting to wane rapidly. As usual the production and engineering are absolute fabulous, the musicians are outstanding and the singers very well chosen. If you like tasteful pop songs with strong prog influences, this may be a CD to choose. However, if you're new to APP, I suggest you get their first 3 albums before tackling this one (in chronological order). As it is, I enjoy this album after all these years, but it is not their best. 3,5 stars for me.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#194586) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 21, 2008

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
1 stars Lucifer is a woman?

Alan Parsons fourth album is a very weak one with only one good track, the opening instrumental Lucifer. The rest of the songs are so lacklustre, generic and middle-of-the-road that I find it difficult to find words to describe them in detail. The worst songs from the previous Pyramid album give you a very good idea of what the majority of the songs here sound like. Some are Disco-ish Pop tunes, others are Rock 'N' Roll numbers and yet others are mildly symphonic ballads. But nothing here comes even remotely close to Prog.

The concept this time - as we all know there is always a concept behind the Project's albums - is women, or rather perhaps the relation between men and women. 'Eve' obviously refers to that famous character in The Bible which according to that particular story was the very first woman ever. I'm not really sure whether this album is a bit sexist or not? Anyway, if Parsons and Woolfson wanted to make the point that women are evil, then they really succeeded to make an album that is from hell! I would say that Eve is the low-point of the entire career of the Alan Parsons Project.

Thankfully, the Project would go on to make a much better album with their next one, Turn Of The Cards. Eve is for completionists only.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#210765) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Review by kenethlevine
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog-Folk Team
3 stars Women's Liberation and the International Year of Women notwithstanding, this gal is, at least on the surface, a remarkably mysogynist album, given its subject matter and songs like "Lucifer", "You Lie Down with Dogs", and "I'd Rather be a Man". I understand the likelihood of some irony here, but poorly handled in this way, you can set back rights movements for every minority a half decade or so. Were it not for the fact that "Eve" shows a marked musical improvement over "Pyramid", it would be in my circular file under "Incorrect", and not just politically.

Luckily, tracks like the aforementioned "Lucifer" and the dreamlike "Secret Garden" are probably among the best 5 instrumentals ever conveyed by APP, while "I'd Rather be a Man" is a TGV of a diatribe, culling some of the flippancy of "I Wouldn't Want to be Like You" and even borrowing its main lyric. "You Won't be there" portrays the sensitive new age guy who doesn't get that he's a chauvinist pig, but does it with charm and a bit of humility, and "Winding me Up" is simply Chris Rainbow at his quality pop best. Then there is the standout "Damned if I Do", which presaged "Games People Play" and gave APP a shot in the arm when they most needed it; without it, the project might have died right here. True, their best work was already behind them, but the future held a few gems, and in the 80s we couldn't be too picky.

Dock a half star for sinful behaviour and pick up this apple for its quality pop with prog blossoms.

Send comments to kenethlevine (BETA) | Report this review (#212428) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 25, 2009

Review by Sinusoid
1 stars I'm on the outside looking in here; I have never considered the Alan Parsons Project to be that special of a group, and I fail to understand what it is that makes APP a prog rock band. EVE does not sound anything like a prog record to me; it has 80's pop music written all over it. Some of the dullest sounds I've ever heard on any album come from here. Not a single song stands out other than ''Damned If I Do'', and that song is just another slick pop hit. I would avoid this record if you enjoy lots and lots of prog rock.

Send comments to Sinusoid (BETA) | Report this review (#219097) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 31, 2009

Review by ZowieZiggy
1 stars I can't be called a die-hard APP fan. I moderately appreciated their first two albums and it is almost logical that I am not praising this one.

Electro-pop-disco music, superbly produced and played for sure, but it still remains what it is. Easy listening stuff with little to no flavour. If you believe that the opener is a mistake, you are wrong. It is a good indication of what's coming next (although it is the best track from this album).

I wish the eve would never show up while listening to this album. Unless you appreciated ''Saturday Night Fever'', there is no reason to like a track like ''You Lie''. But actually, there is no reason to like this album. Period.

Most songs are on the weak side, and I can't find any prog in here. Synths maybe? But when coupled with these unbearable electro beats, I just feel nausea. The same ''Bee Gees'' feel can be ''experienced'' during the weak and syrupy ballad ''You Won't Be There''. Definitely, I won't?

It is a useless exercise to find any other good track in this album. It is a huge ''press next'' effort. The best has been heard with the opening number and the rest is mostly poor music. Some sort of second rate ELO from the eighties: do you see what I mean?

If ever you are into disco music, you might find this album intersting. I don't. And for me it isn't worth a ? cent. Since I can't go lower than one star, this is the verdict (''Secret Garden'' is OK though).

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#222940) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Review by Andrea Cortese
2 stars Despite its ugly cover, bad reputation and subdued drums, this album still has its moments.

Devoted to woman, it opens with "Lucifer", a (provoking and misogynous) catchy instrumental number in the vein of "Hyper Gamma Spaces" (from the Pyramid album) and it is by no means the weakest records of APP as some reviewers have pointed out.

Ok, there are some polished and pure pop oriented numbers as "You Won't Be There", "If I could Change Your Mind" (female vocals), "You Lie Down with the Dogs" but, on the other side there are still interesting tracks as "Secret Garden" (very pleasant instrumental with elegant vocalisings), "I'd Rather Be a Man" (similar to "Lucifer"), "Damned If I Do" (amazingly bitter with powerful orchestra), the decadent loop (in my humble opinion) of "Winding Me Up".

Send comments to Andrea Cortese (BETA) | Report this review (#640326) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 24, 2012

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars 'Eve' is the followup to 'Pyramid' and after the first 3 albums that were dynamic and full of inventive ideas, 'Eve' did not deliver the same innovation and has no prog. There are some great tracks and the odd instrumental such as Lucifer, though it is not a shadow of the greatness of other APP instrumentals such as I, Robot, or Hyper Gamma Spaces. Coming from 1979, the album suffers the same fate as many early 80s albums that date quickly and have hyper treble production and tinny sounds, and the dreaded disco sound. The poppy You Lie Down With Dogs has a familiar funky keyboard sound like other APP singles but it wears its welcome out by the time it gets to the end. The album is very pop oriented and doesn't take the same type of experimental risks as previous albums, so it is rather disappointing, right down to the dull coverart. I'd Rather Be A Man has a nice rocking sound sounding too similar to material on 'Pyramid', though I always liked those reverberating guitar sounds. The melody is infectious and I like the synth screams in the chorus section. The keyboard instrumental is excellent too and this is one of the better tracks on the album.

You Won't Be There is another ballad sounding uncomfortably like The Bee Gees in vocal style. I am not a fan of this soft ballad material from APP. Winding Me Up opens with a clock winding, a musical box melody, violins and then the trademark keyboard funk. It unfortunately settles into soft melodic pop and the mediocrity of the album begins to reveal itself in horrible contrast to previous albums. Hopefully it will get better, I was thinking at this point.

Damned If I Do is one of the album singles so one would expect it would be a decent song. It opens with synthesizer loops and an intriguing synth horn sound. The tempo goes into 4/4 and the commercial radio opens wide its arms to embrace this type of pop so little wonder it became a single. Finally a nice synth instrumental enters and some gorgeous violin strings, before a well executed lead break.

Next up is Don't Hold Back and it is just more of the pop radio sounds that I have already tired of. The vocals are okay coming from the wonderful Clare Torry, but this song is very dull after a minute or so. It is still nice to hear Clare Torry again, having made such a huge splash on Pink Floyd's Great Gig in the Sky.

Next is more instrumental work on Secret Garden. The keys sound like Hyper Gamma Spaces but it is not enough to save this track from being just another filler. It locks into a slow beat after a while which I kind of liked but it is ruined by all the 'oo be do be do be do be wah's that are simply frustrating rather than adding anything to this.

Last is another single with If I Could Change Your Mind, with Leslie Duncan's vocals that are very welcome at this point, but this is simply another slow ballad. The vocals make this one of the best tracks on the album but it is not up to the standard of excellence from previous APP albums.

Overall 'Eve' is disappointing, and very frustrating, as the band are capable of great progressive innovation but it is all thrown out the window to make way for the 80s synth pop sound that permeated the radiowaves but simply is outdated. There is not enough material on this worthy of salvage for a 3 star rating and it barely scrapes 2 stars only because of Lucifer and I'd Rather Be A Man, as well as Clare Torry. The rest is filler or will only appeal to the pop AOR fanbase, rather than a progressive listening audience.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#895506) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 19, 2013

3 stars "Eve" is Alan Parsons Project's fourth studio album and it was released in 1979 and has a picture of the women with dark veils covering their faces looking at us with melancholic eyes. The musicians on this record are David Paton (bass), Stuart Elliott(drums and percussion), Ian Bairnson(guita ... (read more)

Report this review (#1173360) | Posted by DrömmarenAdrian | Saturday, May 10, 2014 | Review Permanlink

1 stars In 1979 they all went "disco" somehow - as if there had been any need to follow the Bee Gees ! I remember I felt devastated at the time, what f.e. had happened to ELO ? Even BJH had started their first Album without Woolly with an attempt at filling dancefloors ( "Love on the Line" )... and The Al ... (read more)

Report this review (#613102) | Posted by rupert | Wednesday, January 18, 2012 | Review Permanlink

3 stars A very mysterious album. By the time their fourth was released, it was pretty much expected that an Alan Parsons Project album was going to begin with a dark electronic intrumental, and while "Lucifer" is OK, it also could have been the first song on I Robot or Pyramid. The rest of Side One ... (read more)

Report this review (#546017) | Posted by 7headedchicken | Saturday, October 08, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I'm torn between a 3 star and a 4. I'm giving it the four, because this is a generally underrated album. What I didn't know before listening to this is it's pop. Eve is a concept album that focuses on womens' effect on men. The first track (Lucifer) is a fine listen. It was all instrumenta ... (read more)

Report this review (#220042) | Posted by eddz | Saturday, June 06, 2009 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Secret Garden and the instrumental opening Lucifer are the highlights of an unequal album. Eve is among the least interesting APP albums. To be listened to one or two times, but you'll probably find this really deceiving. Anyway, Lucifer is really a great track. But You Lie Down With Dogs, You W ... (read more)

Report this review (#164154) | Posted by Zardoz | Monday, March 17, 2008 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Before i went to become a big prog fan, i was a Alan Parsons Project freak!!!! I was listening to at least 30 hours of Alan Parsons every week !!!!! Now, it's about 4 hours every years but, every time i listen to their music i still like it a lot :) Eve was i o.k. album when i discovered it b ... (read more)

Report this review (#83373) | Posted by Fido73 | Monday, July 10, 2006 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Let's point out something: The lyrics and the intention of the of the concept are quite well produced, the performance and the music are not so...If we compared the album with the previous ones. Lucifer and Secret Garden are the highlights along with I'd rather be a man and If I Could Change Y ... (read more)

Report this review (#5599) | Posted by Carlos | Thursday, August 26, 2004 | Review Permanlink

4 stars In short, this is their best album IMHO (i have them all - one way or another). The songs lean towards the pop; even, dare i say it, disco end of prog, but i reckon that is APP's strength. Almost all the songs are memorable quality. Standout for me is closing track "If I could..." with a sup ... (read more)

Report this review (#5597) | Posted by | Thursday, June 03, 2004 | Review Permanlink

5 stars "..The Raven was the very first song from APP that I listened to, since then I started acquiring their recordings, I was never disapointed. This is probably their only work that includes songs performed by a lady in lead vocals, now I don't remember where but I read that the Lady that sings is Dusty ... (read more)

Report this review (#5592) | Posted by | Thursday, December 18, 2003 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "Eve "