The Alan Parsons Project - Eve CD (album) cover

The Alan Parsons Project

3 stars Typical with previous albums, this one starts off with an atmospheric and ambient music in the form of instrumental exploring keyboard sounds combined with choirs and orchestration by Andrew Powell through "Lucifer". This track was once very popular as the band's track in the seventies. The next tracks "You Lie Down With Dogs" and "I'd Rather Be A Man" are pop outfit with good vocals. "You Won't Be There" slows down the music into a mellow style with a bit boring vocal line - it's probably the composition is not that tight. "Winding Me Up" closes Side 1 of the LP with another pop song with easy to predict beats. Until this point I get bored with the music.

"Damned If I Do", "Don't Hold Back", and "Secret Garden" share the same style in pop and it's enough to make me getting "bored" with the album. Fortunately the concluding track "If I Could Change Your Mind" has different style with previous tracks and it's mellower with better melody and good orchestration.

"Eve" is not as strong as "Pyramid" but it's still a good album. If you have limited budget to spend for CD, do not invest with this one, get other stuffs with proggier touch! Keep on proggin'.!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW