Brian Eno - Thursday Afternoon CD (album) cover

THURSDAY AFTERNOON

Brian Eno

Progressive Electronic

Slartibartfast
4 stars I must say, this was one of the easiest titles to add. When it come up in rotation, I always like to listen to the CD of Thursday Afternoon when I'm at work on a Thursday afternoon. This video is something else. So far it has only been released on VHS. Eno designed the video to be watched with your TV turned on it's side and it instructs you to do so on the back cover. When I first got it I did had a TV that was small enough to do so. I guess nowadays I could always use headphones and lay down on the couch.

Those familiar with the CD know that musically this is one continuous piece of ambient music. It's excellent as background music. It's not really something you'd sit and listen to attentively. With the video, you'd be more likely to. The album cover art is fairly representative of what the video contains. It's shots of a topless woman, a friend of Eno's, lounging about. Heyyy.

This one ranks higher for me than the CD version because it's really best in video format.

Slartibartfast | 4/5 |