Dream The Electric Sleep - Heretics CD (album) cover

Dream The Electric Sleep

1 stars Oh what an interesting cover. Here we can study a female saint and many black and white photos of now dead people, only women as it seems. The name of the record is "Heretics" and the band is from the United States and is called Dream the Electric Sleep. It is the band's second studio album and it's totally new.

Well, sometimes the music reaches the heart so emergant so nothing else than five stars would be inappropriate. Your feelings in one way hide you from the more logical truth. But why shouldn't they. Music is art and art is not objective. On the other side there is also music that you find so wrong and non-appealing that you want to protest and just give the record one star. This is perhaps an example of the latest. I have listened to the record carefully twice and I don't have any interest in what I hear. I would also be so rude and say that the squeaky and smoothed vocals together with the alternative rock music just make me irritated and my ears want to cry out their need for something more traditional.

Obviously this is a record that people love and perhaps you should give it a try, especially if you like "modern" music, I'm not sure I do that, I am a prog conservative. I had hard to hear similarities with other prog bands. Neither did I hear a song which I liked on this album or did I hear anything unique. So sorry, this wasn't in my taste!

DrömmarenAdrian | 1/5 |