The Who - My Generation - The Very Best of The Who CD (album) cover

The Who

4 stars This is another compilation from The Who, released in 1996, but with the inclusion of half of the tracks in remixed versions, some of them done for the "Thirty Years of Maximun R&B" Box Set released in 1994, and some of them done for the then forthcoming remixed studio albums. The sound of this C.D, is very good, and more in the remixed tracks, but I still can`t listen to the differences in comparison the old mixes of these tracks. Most of the tracks included in this C.D. were previously released as singles, and some of them, particularly the very early tracks, are released in Mono mixes. Also, many of these tracks were previously released in the "Meaty, Beaty, Big and Bouncy" double L.P. compilation in 1972. I don`t know if this 1972 compilation has been released in C.D., but I think that this 1996 C.D. compilation is a very good selection of tracks recorded by the band since their beginning until 1981. There are no tracks from their "It`s Hard" album released in 1982, and maybe the reason was that Roger Daltrey didn`t like that album, but I think that at least "Eminence Front" from that album deserved to be released in this compilation. In conclusion, this compilation is very good, particularly for the persons who are new listeners of the music of The Who.
Guillermo | 4/5 |