Queensr˙che - Rage For Order  CD (album) cover

RAGE FOR ORDER

Queensr˙che

UMUR
3 stars To call Queensryche´s second album essential to any prog collection is a bit much in my world. Sure this is where their progressive tendencies were born and sure Rage for Order is a much better album than The Warning but essential ? No I don´t think so.

The eighties sound is still very much present on Rage for Order and synth have been added since The Warning. This helped to create an album that was more diverse but not as powerful as The Warning. Geoff Tate is developing his vocal skills and sound very theatrical on some of the tracks.

It´s an album I listen to very rarely these days, as it is a bit dated. Sometimes it comes of the shelf though and I always enjoy it but as soon as the album is over it goes on the shelf again, and it can be years before I listen to it again.

A good prog metal album, but wait for the next one ( Operation Mindcrime) as it is much better.

UMUR | 3/5 |