Supertramp - It Was The Best Of Times  CD (album) cover

3 stars I don't know anything else by Supertramp, and to be honest I found this in my mum's collection. It is a good collection of AOR-styled songs, with hints of prog here and there. The sound quality is very good for a live record, but there's still a live edge there. I think it's the saxophone that makes a lot of this sound very stadium rock, and it's not really up my street. I like a few of the tracks. 'It's a Hard World' stuck out to me, as did a few other's. By the end of the album the vocalist seems to be a little worn out. Overall a good album, but judging by my personal tastes I would only give it a two star rating. However I'm going to rate it from a more objective point of view and give it three stars, as I can see what people might see in it.
burtonrulez | 3/5 |