IT WAS THE BEST OF TIMES

- Lee R. Thornburg / trumpet, trombone, background vocals
- Carl Verheyen / guitars
- Jesse Siebenberg / percussion

and to Bj-1 for the last updates

SUPERTRAMP MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SUPERTRAMP It Was The Best Of Times Music

Supertramp - It Was The Best Of Times - EMI - 7243 4 99390 2 8Supertramp - It Was The Best Of Times - EMI - 7243 4 99390 2 8
EMI
It Was the Best of TimesIt Was the Best of Times

More places to buy SUPERTRAMP music online Buy SUPERTRAMP & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SUPERTRAMP DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SUPERTRAMP It Was The Best Of Times ratings distribution

SUPERTRAMP It Was The Best Of Times reviews

Review by Guillermo
3 stars Yes. The double CD version of this album was very expensive when in late 1999 I wanted to buy it (and maybe it is still very expensive now). But I found a one CD version which has these songs:"You win I lose", "Listen to me please", "Sooner or later", "Free as a Bird", "Cannonball", "From now on", "Breakfast in America", "And the light", "Take the long way home", "Bloody well right", "The logical song", "Goodbye Stranger" and "School". The day I bought this CD, I wrote an e-mail message to Supertramp.com. which said:¿Why releasing for a third time live versions of songs previously released in "Paris" and "Live `88"? As I also wrote to them, it could have been better if they only had released the live versions of songs not previously released on other live albums in a one CD version. I only received a message that said "This server has received this e-mail message...". Despite having songs previously released in other live albums, this line-up of Supertramp played them very good. Mark Hart sang some old songs originally sung by Roger Hodgson, doing a good job, but I think that Supertramp could live without playing these songs.Roger Hodgson said in interviews that he doesn`t like that Supertramp play his songs in concert, that he had a verbal agreement with Rick Davies about it when he left the band, but Davies said in othe interviews that it wasn`t true. Mark Hart also sang songs (two in the double CD version, one in the one CD version) that he composed with Davies, and I prefer to hear Mark Hart singing his own songs instead of being a singer of Hodgson`s songs on tour with Supertramp. The main reason I bought this CD was the inclusion of "Goodbye Stranger" and other songs that were not released in other live albums. Maybe one day I`m going to buy the 2 CD version of this album.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#6876) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Review by Bj-1
4 stars Very promising live album from Supertramp. Recorded in 1997 on their "Some Things Never Change" tour. This one features tracks from that album plus many from their earlier works. They're performed with excellence, though the absence of Roger Hodgson gives this album a emptier feeling to it than the "Paris" live album released in 1980. The production is clear and extremely good, and the overall musical performance is great throughout. Mark Hart sings Hodgson's songs good, though it's not quite the same.

If you are a fan, this one is not to be missed! Highly recommended. 4/5, minimum!

Send comments to Bj-1 (BETA) | Report this review (#6877) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 14, 2005

4 stars Was hard to find the double CD but finally I have it, and it is a great production. Along the years I was enjoying more and more the Davies side of Supertramp and this album is for me a good proof of that. The album has a great sound and a shows a very polished performance of the band. One of ... (read more)

Report this review (#1086128) | Posted by genbanks | Thursday, December 05, 2013 | Review Permanlink

2 stars I have very mixed emotions about this one. In many ways, it's perfect, but in too many other ways, it's a big, pretentious deception, starting with the title. 3 members of the classic "Crime"-Line up and the approach of giving the audience a "best of Supertramp-revue" in best possible sound quali ... (read more)

Report this review (#610389) | Posted by rupert | Sunday, January 15, 2012 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I don't know anything else by Supertramp, and to be honest I found this in my mum's collection. It is a good collection of AOR-styled songs, with hints of prog here and there. The sound quality is very good for a live record, but there's still a live edge there. I think it's the saxophone that m ... (read more)

Report this review (#165194) | Posted by burtonrulez | Thursday, March 27, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SUPERTRAMP "It Was The Best Of Times "