Genesis - Live - The Way We Walk Volume One - The Shorts CD (album) cover

LIVE - THE WAY WE WALK VOLUME ONE - THE SHORTS

Genesis

Tarcisio Moura
3 stars I was quite surprised when I saw the very low rating for this one. By the time The Way We Walk was released I knew very well what to expect from Genesis: nice pop music with some prog influences. If you wanted more prog then you lost track of what this band was doing for over ten years before, or more.

And I must say this is a damn good pop-prog album. Those guys are great musicians and talented songwritiers, even if they did better than this in their earlier years. But I see Genesis in the 80īs and onwards as a new band. Maybe they should have changed the name? Well, does not matter now. if you want a good sounding live CD of their pop hits, go for it. Highlights for me are No Son Of Mine and In Too Deep. But I like the album as a whole. Not matter what detractors might say: prog or pop, those guys are great.

Yes, Genesis still sounds good. Not essential, but good.

Tarcisio Moura | 3/5 |