Kaipa - Angling Feelings CD (album) cover

Andrea Cortese
3 stars The last year I bought this record 'cause I was very interested listening to this band and their contemporary output. Angling Feelings soon made good impression to me. I like very much the childish vocals of the female singer... she seems to be just a baby... all in all a fresh sound when mixed to the excellent symphonic performance of the musicians. Excellent the interplay between guitar and synth and the joyful flute (whistle they say) excursions. Energy for my ears.

Not an essential album but very fine and warmly recommended. The only problem is perhaps the long running time. Over 62 minutes of music. I usually get bored when things go on to much and are too much repetitive. Maybe it's the only negative remark for this record.

a solid 3.5 stars evaluation.

Andrea Cortese | 3/5 |