ANGLING FEELINGS

Kaipa Angling Feelings album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy KAIPA Music
Studio Album, released in 2007

1. Angling Feelings (6:43)
2. The Glorious Silence Within (7:17)
3. The Fleeting Existence Of Time (12:37)
4. Pulsation (4:01)
5. Liquid Holes In The Sky (4:42)
6. Solitary Pathway (4:05)
7. Broken Chords (6:26)
8. Path Of Humbleness (9:29)
9. Where's The Captain? (4:23)
10. This Ship Of Life (4:40)

Search KAIPA Angling Feelings lyrics

- Jonas Reingold / electric basses
- Patrik Lundström / vocals
- Aleena Gibson / vocals

Guest musician:
- Fredrik Lindqvist / recorders & whistles (1, 2, 8-10)

CD InsideOut SPV

Thanks to Pirkka for the addition
and to Joolz for the last updates

KAIPA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy KAIPA Angling Feelings Music

Vittjar: LimitedVittjar: Limited
101 DISTRIBUTION 2012
SoloSolo
Musea Records France 2000
Transatlantic Live in Europe SEALED 2003 US 2CD Flower Kings Kaipa Dream Theater US $27.95 Buy It Now 1 day
HAGEN-Corridors Of Time Import CD-Swedish Prog Metal Like New Kaipa/ Hans Lundin US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Kaipa - Vittjar US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Kaipa - Mindrevolutions US $11.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Kaipa - In The Wake Of Evolution US $10.50 Buy It Now 1 day
KAIPA - IN THE WAKE OF EVOLUTION (IMPORT) NEW CD US $26.83 Buy It Now 2 days
Kaipa "The Decca Years 1975-1978 Limited Edition Boxset 3000 COPIES. US $200.00 Buy It Now 2 days
MOON SAFARI Lover's End CD PROG Genesis, Yes, Kaipa, Flower Kings, Glass Hammer US $11.74 [0 bids]
Vittjar - Kaipa New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $22.09 Buy It Now 4 days
KAIPA - Inget Nytt Under Solen PROG ROCK LP US $55.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Kaipa - Vittjar - 505978 US $20.11 Buy It Now 6 days
Kaipa - Angling Fillings NEW CD Sealed Russian Edition US $25.99 Buy It Now 6 days
SAN MICHAEL'S - s/t - Swedish psych-prog-rock - Kaipa - Japan mini LP SHM CD US $29.00 [0 bids]
KAIPA - VITTJAR NEW CD US $21.28 Buy It Now 7 days
Kaipa - Vittjar CD US $18.00 Buy It Now 7 days
KAIPA - VITTJAR, ORG 2012 GERMAN DIGIPAK CD, NEW - SEALED! PROGRESSIVE US $28.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Kaipa "The Decca Years 1975-1978 Limited Edition Boxset (Import) US $450.00 Buy It Now 8 days
KAIPA - ANGLING FEELINGS (IMPORT) NEW CD US $35.73 Buy It Now 8 days
Kaipa - In The Wake Of Evolution Hol CD US $22.86 Buy It Now 8 days
SAN MICHAEL'S?/??San Michael's ?JAPAN SHM-CD Mini-LP w/OBI BELLE-091611??KAIPA US $42.50 Buy It Now 9 days
Kaipa RITUAL The Hemulic Voluntary Band PROG great long track NEW SEALED US $11.41 Buy It Now 9 days
Kaipa - In The Wake Of Evolution [CD New] US $22.85 Buy It Now 11 days
KAIPA - Keyholder NEW CD SPV Flower Kings US $19.85 Buy It Now 12 days
The Flower Kings - Unfold The Future TRANSATLANTIC KAIPA TANGENT AGENTS OF MERCY US $19.57 Buy It Now 13 days
Kaipa - Angling Feelings [CD New] US $30.99 Buy It Now 13 days
RITUAL Superb Birth CD Progressive Rock Flower Kings / Kaipa BRAND NEW 2004 US $7.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Kaipa - Vittjar [CD New] US $14.16 Buy It Now 14 days
Kaipa - Vittjar (NEW CD) US $19.98 Buy It Now 17 days
KAIPA - VITTJAR - NEW CD US $14.99 Buy It Now 17 days
KAIPA - VITTJAR double LP+CD BLUE VINYL limited edition SEALED US $100.00 Buy It Now 18 days
Kaipa - Vittjar NEW CD US $16.24 Buy It Now 19 days
Kaipa Keyholder 2005 OBI Booklet RARE RUSSIAN VERSION Soyuz Music US $19.94 Buy It Now 20 days
Kaipa Notes From The Past 2003 RARE RUSSIAN EDITION SOYUZ Booklet US $29.94 Buy It Now 20 days
Kaipa In The Wake Of Evolution 2010 ULTRA RARE RUSSIAN EDITION OBI US $9.94 Buy It Now 20 days
KAIPA Inget Nytt Under Solen GER Decca LP 1976 Issue Near Mint ! Free Shipping ! US $99.95 Buy It Now 21 days
KAIPA - VITTJAR [DIGIPAK] * - NEW CD US $17.69 Buy It Now 21 days
Kaipa - Keyholder [CD New] US $30.99 Buy It Now 21 days
KAIPA - KEYHOLDER (IMPORT) NEW CD US $35.73 Buy It Now 21 days
KAIPA VITTIAR 2 X LP IMPORT MINT SEALED W/CD US $59.99 Buy It Now 22 days
KAIPA: Solo LP (Sweden, inner sleeve) rare Rock & Pop US $50.00 Buy It Now 23 days
Kaipa - Mindrevolutions [CD New] US $30.99 Buy It Now 24 days
Kaipa - Notes From The Past [CD New] US $30.99 Buy It Now 24 days
KAIPA-Vittjar-2012 2LP+CD US $25.00 Buy It Now 24 days
Swedish Prog psych KAIPA ~ SOLO lp w/ Insert FLOWER KINGS VERY Clean vinyl is NM US $60.00 Buy It Now 25 days
Kaipa - Vittjar (2012) DIGIPAK CD US $16.31 Buy It Now 25 days
KAIPA - MINDREVOLUTIONS (IMPORT) NEW CD US $35.73 Buy It Now 26 days
KAIPA - NOTES FROM THE PAST (IMPORT) NEW CD US $35.73 Buy It Now 26 days
In The Wake Of Evolution - Kaipa New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $26.47 Buy It Now 26 days
Kaipa - In The Wake Of Evolution US $13.99 Buy It Now 26 days
KAIPA: Kaipa LP (South Korea, re, gatefold) rare Rock & Pop US $50.00 Buy It Now 28 days
KAIPA: Inget Nytt Under Solen LP (South Korea, re, gatefold, insert) rare Rock US $50.00 Buy It Now 28 days
San Michael's- s/t (Shm-CD) (Mini lp sleeve) (Kaipa) US $34.99 Buy It Now 28 days
Kaipa - Vittjar (Music CD) US $24.70 Buy It Now 29 days
JAPAN MINI LP CD SHM KAIPA SOLO US $39.99 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy KAIPA music online Buy KAIPA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for KAIPA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

KAIPA Angling Feelings ratings distribution

KAIPA Angling Feelings reviews

Review by erik neuteboom
3 stars I remember Kaipa as a Seventies band featuring Roine Stolt on guitar, meanwhile he has become the musical brainchild of the acclaimed neo-prog band The Flower Kings. Listening to the new Kaipa album I have to admit that I am disappointed about the music. I don't like the vocals and I had expected better arranged and more captivating compositions, to me many tracks sound as studio jam sessions: it goes on and, often without any direction with an important role for soli on guitar and keyboards, the most interesting part of this CD. Don't get me wrong, this album is a decent effort but to me it fails to generate excitement, a matter of taste as you can read in the oterh review by Big Kansas Fan. My rating: 2,5 stars.

Send comments to erik neuteboom (BETA) | Report this review (#125727) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 14, 2007

Review by lor68
3 stars Well, by comparing such a diverse effort by Per Nilsson (in the place of R. Stolte at the electric guitars) with Kaipa, to their three first works, you have to remark a substantial difference...first of all the performance by Mr Per is just a little bit weaker, above all talking about his music ideas; then the vocals as well the lyrics inside are not convincing at all, despite of the support by Fredrik Lindqvist (regarding of the record effects within). In fact I can't think of the uneven performance by Patrik Lundstrom at the vocals (already with the band Ritual) as the main part of the whole album, even though for a moment I forget it when for instance the guest Lindqvist plays the flute inside "The Glorious Silence Within". Therefore this latter song gives the album a different touch, but it seems to be the only remarkable episode from the beginning to the end..don't get me wrong, in order to break the derivative aspects of Kaipa 70's progressive music They has just introduced a few much more modern episodes, such as those ones in the vein of Liquid Tension Experiment for example, which can be appreciated by a wider crowd of metal prog fans (I think of the Dream Theatre fans), but I don't believe it' s enough. Except on a few breaks-through within "Path of Humbleness" and also talking about the performance by Aleena Gibson at the vocals, the other tracks are too much uneven to make the present issue an essential number...so if you're not strictly a big fan of Kaipa for sure you won't buy "A.F.", otherwise it could be an important occasion to re-discover the old albums by the swedish classic prog rock ensemble.

Make your own choice!!

Send comments to lor68 (BETA) | Report this review (#132532) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 10, 2007

Review by Prog-jester
2 stars What is that?

I remember the good old KAIPA with flawless Symphonic Prog albums like “Kaipa” and “Inget Nytt Under Solen”. Here we have completely another picture. As some reviewers mentioned before, it’s very much like DREAM THEATER, and I’d say, at its worse. Loads of duel solos (Petrucci-like quirky guitar and Sherinian-like fuzzy mini-moog) on the basis of almost fusion-like rhythm section. Nothing LIQUID TENSION-related here nevertheless, despite the description above, only pointless jams which are interrupted from time to time by male and female vocals (I’ll try to abstain from terms like “nausea-causing”), both artificially “emotional” and “over-the-edged”…As well as the whole music – too pretentious, too complex, with rare melodic oases and few enjoyable folky breaks. The middle of the album has totally turned me off, with all this gospel-like breathy female singing and pompous perpetual soloing. If you’re a fan of early KAIPA, I won’t recommend you this one, even for checking. It reminds more of TANGENT and THE FLOWER KINGS laughable attempts to win over Prog Classics…but it’s even more laughable.

Send comments to Prog-jester (BETA) | Report this review (#135381) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Review by Tarcisio Moura
5 stars I really donīt understand some of the reviews I read about this album. It made me hesitate to buy it, even though I liked very much their preivous Notes From The Past and Keyholder. When I finally did get the CD when a friend told me how good it was, I was ashamed of how long it took me to have it. I canīt stop listening to it. High caliber prog music! Ok, it is different from their earlier releases but it is also bursting with inspiration and guts. Every track is a winner and the combination fo the male and female vocals reachs a new level here. Aleena Gibson voice is much more featured on Angling Feelings and she proves herself a distinctive singer: she sounds like no one else and is a very fine and versatile.

On the other hand we have a fantastic, tight band (although Roine Stolt has left the fold, being replaced by Per Nilsson)). Hans Lundinīs songwriting is in top form and the group delivers their stuff with energy, conviction and a freshness rarely seen on such a veteran bunch. Oh, how I wish the Flower Kings had those guts nowadays! Kaipa changed, yes, and for the better. Donīt worry, it is still symphonic prog. The music is complex and the musicians are skilled, masters of their instruments. But they also have the courage to do soething more than repeat themselves. And the result is a music that defies categorization: strong and intricated, yet beautiful and accessible.

Angling Feelings is an album that reeks with power and beauty. Not a single weak track in the whole CD, not a single note wasted. One of the best albums of 2007. Highlits? All the tracks. If you donīt believe, just relax and listen. A must have for any prog fan. Highly recommended.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#140290) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 24, 2007

Review by Andrea Cortese
3 stars The last year I bought this record 'cause I was very interested listening to this band and their contemporary output. Angling Feelings soon made good impression to me. I like very much the childish vocals of the female singer... she seems to be just a baby... all in all a fresh sound when mixed to the excellent symphonic performance of the musicians. Excellent the interplay between guitar and synth and the joyful flute (whistle they say) excursions. Energy for my ears.

Not an essential album but very fine and warmly recommended. The only problem is perhaps the long running time. Over 62 minutes of music. I usually get bored when things go on to much and are too much repetitive. Maybe it's the only negative remark for this record.

a solid 3.5 stars evaluation.

Send comments to Andrea Cortese (BETA) | Report this review (#173434) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I was rather suspect with this album when I noticed that Roine was not any longer with the band.

The last time he wasn't featured on a "Kaipa" album ("Nattdjurstid"), it was a total nightmare. "Angling Feelings" is not as poor as that one, but it is only a repetition of prior releases.

Vocals are not great (even Aleena has known better days IMO). Most songs have a sound of "déjā entendu" and don't bring any variety in "Kaipa" repertoire. It is the same stuff over again.

The guitar style from Roine is taken over almost exactly, the jazzy and complex textures of TFK are here, the same sort of keyboard sounds can be experienced throughout the album (which is very short, in terms of "Kaipa" output: only sixty-four minutes! They must have been short of inspiration.).

I guess that there is nothing wrong with a band who is sticking to a very similar work, but with the addition of TFK ones, this output is just too much of the same. I quite liked their first three album, as well as their coming back one ("Notes from the Past"). These should be sufficient to any symphonic prog lover to avoid such repetitive efforts as this one.

If you are deeply in love with "Kaipa", this is not their worse record. Actually, I would even judge it slightly better than its predecessor ("Mindrevolutions"). The guitar work from Per Nilsson is very good (even if he remains overshadowed by Roine in his musical style).

After a weak middle part, the album is caching up nicely again with "Path Of Humbleness" (although, I am not sure that the title is justified). It is a fine symphonic composition with Aleena at her best. My preferred song from this album (together with the more jazzy "The Feeling Existence Of Time").

Some more folk atmosphere (like in their debut) can be appreciated during "Where's The Captain?" and the closing track is just on par with the first two opening ones (which means good).

In all, this Kaipa effort is on the edge between average to good. Three stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#182917) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 20, 2008

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
4 stars Once again Roine Stolt has left the band, but this time Hans Lundin and company did not degenerate into simplistic pop music, but actually improved the sound over the previous album, Mindrevolutions. In fact, new guitarist does a fantastic job, with both rhythm & solo guitar parts.

Once again, Kaipa has created a beautiful album of symphonic prog. This one has a strong Yes influence. The song structures are slightly reminiscent of the famed group, but it's the lyrics and vocals, that bring Yes to mind mostly (and I assume dropping Yes titles and keywords into the lyrics was not an accident). I don't count that against them. There should be more bands in this world that strive to sound like Yes.

Vocalists Patrik Lundström and Aleena Gibson have learned to mesh their voices together much better, creating soaring harmonies (a talent they will perfect on the next album). And Jonas Reingold and Morgan Ågren once again provide a powerful rhythm section.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#280849) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, May 07, 2010

Review by Anthony H.
3 stars Kaipa: Angling Feelings [2007]

Rating: 6/10

Difficult to rate, this one is. Angling Feelings is Kaipa's fourth album since their reformation, and their first without Roine Stolt. Roine was a founding member of Kaipa, and his guitar work was a central component of their sound. He's an enormous musician and songwriter in his own right, so his departure is a momentous event for the band. Hans Lundin is the only original member remaining, and he is even more the star of the show now then he was before. Per Nilsson, guitarist for melodic death-metal band Scar Symmetry, takes over guitar duties. This is quite a transition, but it doesn't stop him from giving a good performance. As a result of Lundin's creative control, Kaipa's style has shifted a bit on this release. Swedish folk music has always influenced the band's sound, but this influence becomes much more prominent here. Acoustic guitar, recorders, and whistles show up, and the album as a whole is more pastoral and less symphonic. This album is difficult for me to rate because it leaves me with completely mixed impressions. It starts off enormously well; the first three tracks are some of my all-time favorite Kaipa material. However, it eventually tapers off into unmemorable and slightly commercial territory.

The groovy title track opens the album in an energetic manner. The rhythm section is the real star here, but there's some excellent synth/guitar interplay as well. "The Glorious Silence Within" features some great folky bits, and Lundstrom's vocals are in top form here. "The Feeling Existence of Time" is, surprisingly, the only track on the album that exceeds ten minutes. It is also the best. Every musician is firing on all cylinders here, and Nilsson gets a chance to demonstrate his guitar prowess. "Pulsation" is where things begin to go downhill. This is a fairly uninteresting piece of upbeat prog with generic vocal lines. "Liquid Holes in the Sky" is similar, but the excellent guitar solo saves it from mediocrity. "Solitary Pathway" is probably my least favorite 21-st-century Kaipa track. It's terribly poppy, with simplistic guitar lines and bland vocal melodies. "Broken Chords" throws some odd tribal percussion into the normal melodic-prog mix. It's an interesting experiment, but it fails to fully succeed. "Path of Humbleness" breaks the lull a bit. This is another groovy track; the syncopation between Lundin's synths and Agren's drums is quite impressive. "Where's the Captain?" features some cool whistles, but isn't too interesting otherwise. "This Ship of Life" is a fairly uninspired slow piece that ends the album.

This is a transitional album; this is quite apparent while listening to it. Lundin wanted to spice up the Kaipa sound by incorporating a more diverse range of influences, but it ends up sounding rather unnatural. It sounds like traditional Kaipa mashed up with neo-folk. Also, the focus on shorter songs results in a few weak and overly-commercial tracks. I think that Lundin's compositional style simply works better in an extended format. Some changes yield good results, however; the increased focus on the rhythm section is excellent, with Agren giving a phenomenal jazzy drum performance. There are some wonderful tracks here, especially the longer ones. Overall, however, this is an underwhelming release. Lundin seems unsure of his own musical goals here. Still, there are some great tunes to be found on the album, and even the weaker pieces are still fairly enjoyable.

Send comments to Anthony H. (BETA) | Report this review (#574584) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, November 24, 2011

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Angling feelings from 2007 is just another Kaipa album. No better then two predecesors but not bad either. Same symphonic prog that in my opinion fail to progress. Without Stolt this album in places is almost dull, ok the musicians play nicely but the ideas fail to impress me big time. Not a pieces is particulary great, just maybe The Fleeting Existence of Time, by far the best tune of the album. The symphonic prog elements are all over, but are so usual that I had hard times listning to this in one shot. All in all , while is ok most of the time, is nothing really great or inovative like old Kaipa albums. 3 stars with indulgence.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#777569) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, June 26, 2012

2 stars Disappointed. Iīve always had high hopes for Kaipa - they come from very fruitful prog music country- Sweden, there is undoubtedly high level of musicianship in the band and the Progarchives community has given this album a fairly high rating of 3.45. This purchase canīt go wrong you might thi ... (read more)

Report this review (#296454) | Posted by Oliverum | Saturday, August 28, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Angling Feelings has been one of the most pleasant surprises in my personal experience of contemporary progressive rock development. It is one of those albums you may keep returning to it without fear it will leave you with indifference and disappointment. My first contact with Kaipa was through ... (read more)

Report this review (#271124) | Posted by Bilkaim | Wednesday, March 10, 2010 | Review Permanlink

3 stars A different angle... The DREAM THEATER like title track opens the ball and I get the (angling ?) feeling that I am on a train I have never travelled on before. This mix of male and female vocals are special to say at least. The song even breaks into Swedish folk rock halfway through. This son ... (read more)

Report this review (#201478) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Monday, February 02, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I agree with several others - Angling Feelings is the best of the new Kaipa records. Notes from the Past and Keyholder have some nice songs, but the overall quality of Angling Feelings is much higher. There are moments that reminds of the 70s Kaipa, such as Path of humbleness which is influenced ... (read more)

Report this review (#170002) | Posted by yoldiasea | Tuesday, May 06, 2008 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The best of the later Kaipa albums? I think so, largely because of the new guitarist Per Nilsson whose playing is superb, with a jazzy feel sometimes reminiscent of Allan Holdsworth in smoothness of flow. There are also tracks with a folky feel by the addition of flutes and whistles. I took a lo ... (read more)

Report this review (#166626) | Posted by dmwilkie | Monday, April 14, 2008 | Review Permanlink

4 stars well my frinde who said history didnt repeat?in the 70s when kaipa was born thy made 3 albums with roine stolt befor he left and the band chenge direction .{this 3 albums are the best thy did ever and in the top 10 of prog rock albums of all time if you ask me}now in the 2000s thy made a reunion w ... (read more)

Report this review (#152524) | Posted by amir | Saturday, November 24, 2007 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I'm not really familiar with other Kaipa albums, this is the first album I have listened to in full. It starts off strongly with the title track, in fact what more could you want of a prog rock track, this one has it all: syncopated rhythms, busy drumming, folk melody played on pipes, emotional v ... (read more)

Report this review (#126986) | Posted by Salviaal | Thursday, June 28, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I have some mixed feelings about this CD its clear that there are some good songs on it unfortunately though there's some experimental moments that I didn`t think worked all that well, in fairness though the good songs must tally up to a good 40 minutes worth of listening enjoyment. The female vo ... (read more)

Report this review (#123071) | Posted by Big Kansas Fan | Tuesday, May 22, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of KAIPA "Angling Feelings"