Finch - Beyond Expression CD (album) cover

BEYOND EXPRESSION

Finch

apps79
Neo Prog Team
3 stars Considered as one of the top progressive rock bands ever,FINCH released their second effort in 1976...Undoubtfully tha talent of the band in all sections is obvious...Long fully instrumental compositions with tons of changing moods,nice interplays and great composition skills...They sound like an instrumental version of their native fellows FOCUS,especially in the guitar work and the more symphonic moments of the album...At times they rock dangerous blending jazz/blues/rock and symphonic in a very intense way,then is when the argentinian band CRUCIS comes to mind...The more melodic passages remind me also of CAMEL...But...

I dont know but something doesnt work very well for me to consider this disc a masterpiece or a must have...Really dont know exactly what,maybe its the comparison with the above mentioned bands which I consider a level up from FINCH...Listening to the first track I catch myself a little bored along the way...Maybe its the absence of the vocals and sometimes the good vocals make a song even better and more expressive...As for the best track I think ''Beyond the bizarre'' is the best by far...very FOCUS oriented,a little complex,a little melodic,a little jazzy,a little symphonic,it just has it all,I love it...

I'll rate this second album by FINCH with 3.5 stars and I agree with all you that this is qualitive progressive rock...Almost essential...

apps79 | 3/5 |