Wishbone Ash - Their Greatest Hits CD (album) cover

Wishbone Ash

2 stars

I bought 'Their Greatest Hits' because it was less than ?3 on an internet auction - my WISHBONE ASH discography is far from complete, so I thought this may be a nice opportunity to get a compilation. To my surprise, it turned out it's a live compilation. Great, I said.

But it's not so great. There's not much info on inlay card, so I can't say much about the live perfromances themselves - but all you have to know is - they're weak. The musicianship is on a level we expect from a band of WISHBONE ASH'es caliber, but the sound is dreadful, and arrangements are..well let's just say the songs are a bit simplified - so we're missing those details present on studio recordings, and the band didn't made it up with an excellent perfromance or so--I can't stand those digital distortion, overall cheap sound, and that friggin' tendency of almost every old rock band performing in 90's/00's: doing cheap licks, and changing vocal melodies to be more bluesy. Uh, no thank you!

The highlights of this disc are so minuscule I won't mention them here. Let's just add an extra star for that.

Newbies, avoid this one. Fans, avoid it too. This is for collection-freaks.

clarke2001 | 2/5 |