Marillion - Marillion and the Positive Light - Tales from the Engine Room  CD (album) cover

MARILLION AND THE POSITIVE LIGHT - TALES FROM THE ENGINE ROOM

Marillion

Tarcisio Moura
1 stars Oh, my god! I should have known better. I bought this album on a sale for less than $4, still sealed, brand new. It was just too good to be true. But since Im always a big fan of Marillion, I had to try. And I could never guessed it was an album of trance remixes of This Strange Engine. In fact, even this Strange Engine is not one of Steve Hogarth-era Marillion best CDs. And still I tried very hard to at least understand this CD, maybe even like it. But to no avail. I was never a fan of trance music and this is for the hardcore ones. This eletronic/dance frankenstein stripped the songs of everything that was orignally recorded, saving only Hogarths voice and one or two guitar parts from Steve Rothery.

There is not much more to say. Ok, it may be an interesting and valid experiment for some, who am I to judge? But let me give you a piece of advice: forget any Marillion, prog or even pop music if youre going to buy this album. If youre a fan of the three aforementioned things, avoid at all costs.

Tarcisio Moura | 1/5 |