MARILLION AND THE POSITIVE LIGHT - TALES FROM THE ENGINE ROOM

Marillion

Marillion Marillion and the Positive Light - Tales from the Engine Room  album cover

Collectors/fans only

Buy MARILLION Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1998

1. Estonia (11:43)
2. The memory of water (9:36)
3. This strange engine (20:37)
4. One fine day (8:20)
5. Face 1004 (8:40)
Bonus track on Eagle release
6. Eighty days (8:46)

Search MARILLION Marillion and the Positive Light - Tales from the Engine Room lyrics

Search MARILLION Marillion and the Positive Light - Tales from the Engine Room tabs

- Steve Hogarth / vocals
- Mark Kelly / keyboards
- Ian Mosley / drums
- Steve Rothery / guitars
- Pete Trewavas / basses

CD Racket Records #Racket 7 (1998)
Budget version CD with different artwork by Membran Music Ltd./ Eagle Rock Ltd. 223166-205 (2005)

and to Mandrakeroot for the last updates

MARILLION MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MARILLION Marillion and the Positive Light - Tales from the Engine Room Music

A Sunday Night Above The RainA Sunday Night Above The Rain
Import · Remastered · Special Edition
Caroline 1998
MARILLION Holidays In Eden Japan CD OBI '91 TOCP-6784 US $42.00 [12 bids]
34m 19s
MARILLION This Strange Engine Japan CD OBI '97 bonus tracks PCCY-01098 US $15.80 [4 bids]
36m 3s
MARILLION FUGAZI, VENEZUELA US $45.00 [0 bids]
37m
PENDRAGON The Masquerade Overture Japan CD OBI '96 bonus tracks Marillion US $9.99 [1 bids]
51m 47s
Marillion "Clutching At Straws" 2 CD version set 24 bit digital remaster US $9.99 [0 bids]
Marillion - Easter/The Release - UK Version 7" Picture Disc Single US $4.99 [0 bids]
MARILLION Singles Box Volume 2 '89-'95 12-DISC CD SET NEW SEALED Rare Prog US $83.95 Buy It Now 3h 13m
MARILLION - Keyboard Landscape rare 2 LP set from germany Mint US $55.00 [0 bids]
MARILLION / ATRAID OF SUNLIGHT JAPAN CD OOP W/OBI US $19.99 Buy It Now 4h 49m
Six of One, Half-Dozen of the Other by Marillion MINT LIKE NEW FISH PROG US $8.88 Buy It Now 5h 9m
MARILLION ~ Real To Reel ~ VINYL LP US $9.77 Buy It Now 7h 2m
'Fast' Eddie Clarke on Kerrang No: 37 Cover 1983 The Sweet Marillion Manowar US $16.31 Buy It Now 7h 12m
A-Ha on Magazine Cover 4 January 1986 Paul Young Fish of Marillion King US $24.47 Buy It Now 7h 15m
A-Ha on Smash Hits Cover 1985 Marillion Paul Young Cliff Richard Prefab Sprout US $16.31 Buy It Now 7h 15m
[LP] Marillion,Real To Reel (EMI) {EX} 1 St Ger US $14.39 Buy It Now 7h 23m
Alex Lifeson of Rush on Kerrang No: 158 Cover 1987 Deep Purple Marillion US $12.23 Buy It Now 7h 29m
Angus Young of AC/DC on Kerrang No: 111 Cover 1985 Fish of Marillion ZZ Top US $12.23 Buy It Now 7h 38m
Marillion * Clutching At Straws * (CD 1987) * Original Capitol Records recording US $18.95 Buy It Now 7h 50m
Bad News on Kerrang Magazine Cover 1987 McAuley Schenker Group Marillion US $12.23 Buy It Now 7h 53m
[12'' MAXI] Marillion,Kayleigh (EMI) {EX} US $7.19 Buy It Now 7h 56m
[LP] Marillion,Clutching At Straws (EMI) 1 St Ger US $8.63 Buy It Now 8h 6m
[LP] Marillion,Fugazi (EMI) 1 St Ger 1984 US $10.07 Buy It Now 8h 7m
[LP] Marillion,Misplaced Childhood (EMI) {EX+} 1 St Ger US $14.39 Buy It Now 8h 7m
Billy Idol on RAW Cover 1990 Soundgarden Megadeth Alice Cooper Marillion US $16.29 Buy It Now 8h 8m
[LP] Marillion,Clutching At Straws (EMI) {EX} 1 St UK US $14.39 Buy It Now 8h 29m
MARILLION ~ Lavender Blue ~ 12" Single PICTURE DISC US $18.25 Buy It Now 8h 38m
[12'' MAXI] Marillion,Assassing (EMI) {NM} US $15.59 Buy It Now 8h 55m
[12'' MAXI] Marillion,Heart Of Lothian (EMI) {NM} US $11.99 Buy It Now 8h 55m
[12'' MAXI] Marillion,Kayleigh (EMI) {NM} US $9.59 Buy It Now 8h 55m
[12'' MAXI] Marillion,Market Square Heroes (EMI) UK US $19.19 Buy It Now 8h 55m
[12'' MAXI] Marillion,Welcome To The Garden Party (EMI) {NM} US $35.99 Buy It Now 8h 55m
Blue Jeans Magazine 26 October 1985 No. 458 Go West Nick Heyward Marillion US $24.47 Buy It Now 9h 5m
[LP] Marillion,Brief Encounter (Capitol) {NM} USA US $14.39 Buy It Now 9h 8m
[LP] Marillion,Brief Encounter (Capitol) USA US $8.63 Buy It Now 9h 8m
[LP] Marillion,Brief Encounter (Capitol) {NM} USA 1986 US $17.27 Buy It Now 9h 8m
[LP] Marillion,Script For A Jester's Tear (EMI) {NM} US $21.59 Buy It Now 9h 8m
[LP] Marillion,Seasons End (EMI) {EX+} 1 St Ger 1989 US $17.27 Buy It Now 9h 8m
[LP] Marillion,Selling Fisch By The Pound (Jester) UK Only 500 Copies !!! US $286.56 Buy It Now 9h 8m
MARILLION - Seasons End. Cassette. US $3.25 Buy It Now 9h 27m
MARILLION - SEASONS END NEW CD US $16.64 Buy It Now 9h 39m
[LP] Marillion,Clutching At Straws (EMI) 1 St Ger US $6.90 Buy It Now 9h 47m
[LP] Marillion,Fugazi (EMI) {EX+} 1 St Ger 1984 US $14.39 Buy It Now 9h 48m
[LP] Marillion,Fugazi (EMI) {EX} 1 St Ger US $11.51 Buy It Now 9h 48m
Bruce Dickinson on Kerrang No: 52 Cover 1983 Marillion Genesis Twisted Sister US $24.47 Buy It Now 9h 56m
China Crisis on Smash Hits Magazine Cover 1985 Duran Duran Fish of Marillion US $16.31 Buy It Now 10h 12m
MARILLION kayleigh (Alternative) / Extended / Lady Nina (Extended) VG (SGLE 12") US $11.40 Buy It Now 10h 30m
David Lee Roth on Kerrang Cover 1991 Marillion ZZ Top Faith No More Cinderella US $12.23 Buy It Now 10h 37m
The Singles, Vol. 2: '89-'95 by Marillion (CD, Apr-2013, 4 Discs, EMI) US $19.99 [0 bids]
Marillion - Kayleigh, 45rpm 12" single in excellent++ condition. US $22.84 Buy It Now 10h 55m
Marillion - He Knows You Know 45rpm 12" single in near mint condition. US $22.84 Buy It Now 10h 55m
Marillion - Assassing, 45rpm 12" single in excellent++ condition. US $22.84 Buy It Now 10h 55m
MARILLION - FRIDGE MAGNET US $3.25 Buy It Now 10h 57m
Marillion - Market Square Heroes, 45rpm 12" single in excellent++ condition. US $22.84 Buy It Now 10h 57m
Marillion - Garden Party, 45rpm 12" single in excellent++ condition. US $22.84 Buy It Now 10h 57m
Marillion - Lavender, 45rpm 12" single in excellent++ condition. US $22.84 Buy It Now 10h 57m
MARILLION FUGAZI 180g NEW VINYL LP REMASTERED US $26.10 [0 bids]
Whitesnake/Marillion/UFO etc,Reading Rock '82, Reading Festival line up,2 x LP US $10.59 Buy It Now 11h 11m
Slip Quinn: Marillion : Clocks Already Ticking : 3 CDs & 2 DVDs NTSC US $61.15 Buy It Now 11h 23m
Slip Single: Marillion : Don't Hurt Yourself EP US $13.72 Buy It Now 11h 23m
MARILLION SEASONS END LP MADE IN BRAZIL 1ST PRESS 1989 GATEFOLD WITHOUT BARCODE US $24.99 Buy It Now 11h 37m
Marillion-magazine advert US $8.14 Buy It Now 12h 3m
MARILLION - RECITAL OF THE SCRIPT NEW CD US $30.91 Buy It Now 12h 8m
[LP] Marillion,Script For A Jester's Tear (EMI) 1 St Ger 1983 US $14.39 Buy It Now 12h 10m
(ship worldwide) MARILLION - A SUNDAY NIGHT ABOVE THE RAIN DVD 2014 (brand new) US $27.99 Buy It Now 12h 15m
(ship worldwide) MARILLION - A SUNDAY NIGHT ABOVE THE RAIN BLU-RAY 2014 NEW US $29.99 Buy It Now 12h 20m
MARILLION - MISPLACED CHILDHOOD/SCRIPT FOR A JESTER'S TEAR - NEW CD BOXSET US $7.17 Buy It Now 12h 50m
MARILLION - Sugar mice - 7" single US $3.74 Buy It Now 13h 3m
High Voltage Festival: Recorded Live, 25th July 2010 [Digipak] by Marillion... US $24.20 Buy It Now 13h 32m
Marillion Incommunicado , Going Under Uk 12" US $15.99 Buy It Now 13h 58m
Marillion Lavender Blue,Freaks ,Lavender Uk 12" US $16.99 Buy It Now 13h 58m
Marillion Sympathy PICTURE DISC Uk 12" US $24.99 Buy It Now 13h 58m
MARILLION~SEASONS END~12"VINYL LP~1989~EMI~1ST UK PRESS~GATEFOLD~A1-1-1~RARE~ US $24.45 Buy It Now 14h 54m
Marillion - Lavander 7" Vinyl P/S Single US $4.08 [0 bids]
Fish of Marillion on Kerrang No: 123 Cover 1986 US $12.23 Buy It Now 15h 28m
Fish of Marillion on Kerrang No: 138 Cover 1987 Slayer Victory US $12.23 Buy It Now 15h 29m
Fish of Marillion on Kerrang No: 95 Cover 1985 Lee Aaron Randy California US $16.31 Buy It Now 15h 29m
Marillion Misplaced Childhood CD new US $11.99 Buy It Now 15h 37m
Girl Magazine 14 September 1985 Marillion David Bowie Bob Geldof US $24.47 Buy It Now 16h
MARILLION Rare UK 2001 CD Single BETWEEN YOU AND ME Map Of The World DiscMINT US $32.61 Buy It Now 16h
Girl Magazine 21 December 1985 Marillion Nigel Pivaro US $24.47 Buy It Now 16h 9m
Marillion - B-Sides Themselves - music cd album US $12.97 Buy It Now 16h 22m
FISH of MARILLION UK 1990 CD Single A GENTLEMAN'S EXCUSE ME MINT US $11.40 Buy It Now 16h 41m
MARILLION Cover My Eyes / How Can It Hurt / The Party 12" VINYL SINGLE + POSTER US $13.03 Buy It Now 17h 10m
MARILLION Dry Land LTD EDITION 12" PICTURE DISC VINYL SINGLE EMI RECORDS US $21.19 Buy It Now 17h 10m
MARILLION Heart of Lothian / Chelsea Monday 1985 EMI RECORDS 12" VINYL SINGLE US $12.23 Buy It Now 17h 10m
MARILLION Hooks In You / After Me 1989 EMI RECORDS 12" VINYL SINGLE 12 MARIL 10 US $12.23 Buy It Now 17h 10m
MARILLION Incommunicado / Going Under 1987 EMI RECORDS 12" VINYL SINGLE US $13.05 Buy It Now 17h 10m
MARILLION Punch and Judy/Market Square Heroes/Three Boats Down..12" VINYL SINGLE US $16.29 Buy It Now 17h 11m
MARILLION FUGAZI 28 PAGE BOOKLET 2 CD JEWEL CASE US $11.69 Buy It Now 17h 13m
MARILLION ROXETTE RAMONES LP MADE IN BRAZIL 1990 BRAZILIAN RADIO COMPILATION US $29.66 Buy It Now 17h 16m
MARILLION A SINGLES COLLECTION LP MADE IN BRAZIL 1st PRESS 1992 WITHOUT BARCODE US $29.99 Buy It Now 17h 16m
Marillion - Sugar Mice - Album Version 7" PS US $1.61 [0 bids]
CLASSIC ROCK CD NO 3 - MARILLION/DIO/JUDIE TZUKE/DEEP PURPLE (REF E3) US $6.51 Buy It Now 17h 43m
MARILLION - THE THIEVING MAGPIE DOUBLE VINYL G/FOLD LP MARL1 1988 US $21.19 Buy It Now 17h 47m
KERRANG 257 MARILLION CORONER + FASTER PUSSYCAT FLEXI US $13.03 Buy It Now 17h 50m
Marillion - Incommunicado 7" Vinyl P/S Single US $4.08 [0 bids]
FISH of MARILLION UK 1990 12" Single A GENTLEMAN'S EXCUSE ME US $8.14 Buy It Now 18h 8m
FISH of MARILLION UK 1992 12" Single SOMETHING IN THE AIR Live track DiscNEW US $8.14 Buy It Now 18h 8m
Jack Russell of Great White on Kerrang No: 161 Cover 1987 Marillion Venom US $12.23 Buy It Now 18h 41m
MARILLION 1987 7" SINGLE "INCOMMUNICADO/GOING UNDER" EMI CAT. NO. MARIL 5 US $1.63 [0 bids]

More places to buy MARILLION music online Buy MARILLION & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MARILLION DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MARILLION Marillion and the Positive Light - Tales from the Engine Room ratings distribution

MARILLION Marillion and the Positive Light - Tales from the Engine Room reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars An interesting trance-formation

In recent times, both Yes and Emerson Lake and Palmer have been the subject of remix albums, which if truth be told, were not particularly good. Some years previously however, "The Positive Light" undertook a similar treatment of tracks from Marillion's "This strange engine" album.

The original album being one of the band's more progressive albums, the choice at first seems rather odd. For me however, the results are largely successful. The main difference between this album and the Yes and ELP reworks is that here the tracks are more faithful to their original counterparts. The resulting product is more in the mould of extended versions, with perhaps a dance backing track or an accentuated bass and drum rhythm.

This album will not be everybody's cup of tea I grant you, especially many of the devotees of this website (for obvious reasons!). For those like myself however, who enjoy the occasion burst of trance, and indeed feel that some trance music has a relationship with progressive rock (and vice versa), this album makes a valid statement, and is well work seeking out.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#12459) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 02, 2004

Review by Tristan Mulders
4 stars Marillion and the positive Light - Tales from the Engine Room

As a first note I think I should state that this is better of being classified as electronic music. The album is a collection of 5 (or 6, depending on which version you obtain) ambient dance remixes of songs that were originally release one year earlier by Marillion on their "This Strange Engine" album.

This remix album has been worked on in agreement with the band and they stated that they liked the results. I bought it even before I owned the original versions of the songs, without knowing that this was a remix album, I just thought it was a discount version of "This strange Engine", but it was not ;-)

I hope that the word 'remix' or 'dance' does not scare you off. If there's one thing that someone who likes progressive music should be, it would be open-minded. You do not have to expect typical electronic music as available in any country's basic music charts. Here it is mainly "ambient dance" music. The point of this musical experiment was to recreate the songs, while maintaining their original vibe and mood. Perhaps the fact that the people behind the artist name The positive Light are fans of Marillion themselves might take away some of your doubts about the quality of songs, regarding the typical moody song writing that Marillion is famous for.

And believe me, I still like this remix album even more than the original "This strange Engine" album!

Send comments to Tristan Mulders (BETA) | Report this review (#12464) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 14, 2005

Review by Cygnus X-2
2 stars Marillion's album of electronica oriented tracks from This Strange Engine. In a word, not something that a casual listener should purchase. Why? Because this album has really no purpose, unless it is to show that Marillion were always trying to be creative and go down avenues that they had not gone down at the time. The result for this album is successful, but the original feeling that the band had obtained in the original versions of the songs on this album is lost in a sea of droning dance beats and accentuated drum notes, often resulting in extended versions of the songs from This Strange Engine. Most tracks also sound very very similar, but that doesn't really affect my rating of it.

Expect the versions on this album to remain somewhat faithful to their This Strange Engine counterparts, because for the most part, they do not stray away from the original structure of the song, minus the obvious addition of dance beats and more electronic tendencies. The only song that I think is truly improved on this album is Estonia, mainly because I absolutely love the drumming on this track, and the bass is also superb, and help make the chorus (which is among my favorite choruses of the band) so much better than the original album's (which is already incredibly strong). The rest of the songs, though, aren't really improved, and they aren't really brought down either. They just have a different feeling to them, in fact, a totally different feel from the original versions.

Overall, this album is really only recommended by me to fans of the group and people who like music that can be danced to. If you also like remix albums, this may be something to check out. But for me, I'm left with a feeling of why, mainly because I'm not exactly sure why this album really had to be made. Kudos, though, to Marillion for trying something new. I like the album, but I really question it's worth. 2.5/5.

Send comments to Cygnus X-2 (BETA) | Report this review (#76512) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 27, 2006

Review by WaywardSon
1 stars I remember buying this album on sale. I had never heard of it before, but seeing the name "Marillion" I thought this could be something worthwhile getting. Well, what a big mistake! This is a disco/trance album! After listening to it once I thought I would give it another try because it´s Marillion after all. Well I listened to it again and then gave it away for free. This is definitely the worst album I have ever heard! Avoid at all cost!

Send comments to WaywardSon (BETA) | Report this review (#84612) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, July 23, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
1 stars Two considerations to introduce this review :

1. "This Strange Engine" was one of the record that I could live with from the Mark II Marillion. Not a great one (there won't be any to my standards) but good.

2. I have never been keen on remixes.

Therefore, I had lots of apprehension before listening to this record. The six songs featured here, are quite extended versions of the original tracks available on "This Strange Engine".

"Estonia" has gained almost 50% in lenght and although the aerial mood is not bad, I quite prefer the original song. Still, this adaptation is pleasant and is by no means boring. but that's probably because I like this song pretty much. Hogarth's voice is almost a prefect match with the music here. I deliberately say so because I really do not like his type of singing, so when I feel that I like him, I just say so.

"The Memory Of Water" starts almost as spacey as "Estonia" here, but what I was fearing was bound to happen. This remix is a dance, disco one. Needless to say that it is rather awful. I just hate it, nicely.

"This Strange Engine" was probably the most elaborate Marillion Mark II song. A fifteen minutes piece of music full of originality. This version starts like the other first two of this album : keyboard-oriented and fully space-rock for about two minutes. And then the same kind of poor beat sets the stage. Tchak, boum, tchak, boum. Almost as worse as the previous number although less aggressive. Still, to be able to enjoy these twenty minutes is completely beyond my reach.

I never could stand this style of music (almost house). Even less those remixes of nice songs. An extremely poor interpretation, indeed. The last four minutes are good, only because they are more faithful to the original.

I'm afraid that this album won't please any Marillion fan. I guess that not too many of the genuine band ones have gotten here and the Mark II ones will probably remain sceptical.

"One Fine Day" was a very nice and melodic song on the original album. Fortunately, this version is more respectful. The re- arrangement is more in the style of "Estonia"; which is a kind of relief, really. It is the second average song featured here. The "bonus" track "Eighty Days" is also acceptable. Keyboards again add a special touch.

My global feeling is that this is a rather crappy album. I honestly believe that one star is the maximum rating I can use for this "effort". Do stick with the original album of course.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#131429) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 02, 2007

Review by Gatot
1 stars This is an impulsive review, not planned at all. I just read two reviews from Mandrakeroot and Elizabeth about this album. I agree with both reviews. In fact this was my GREATEST DISSATISFACTION in any CD purchase that I have made in my life. It cost me USD 12 to purchase and I got a totally boring music and even worse ... I could not believe that this is an album by Marillion! How could it be? I have been a fan of the band (indeed a "die hard fan" during Fish era) and it is now being destroyed by Mr h? I am sure people who read this site would not favor this kind of music because it's basically a trance music with no clear direction at all. And I have to be honest to give only one star for this. AN album that must be avoided by whoever who loves prog music. And I hope you still keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#133031) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Review by Tarcisio Moura
1 stars Oh, my god! I should have known better. I bought this album on a sale for less than $4, still sealed, brand new. It was just too good to be true. But since I´m always a big fan of Marillion, I had to try. And I could never guessed it was an album of trance remixes of This Strange Engine. In fact, even this Strange Engine is not one of Steve Hogarth-era Marillion best CDs. And still I tried very hard to at least understand this CD, maybe even like it. But to no avail. I was never a fan of trance music and this is for the hardcore ones. This eletronic/dance frankenstein stripped the songs of everything that was orignally recorded, saving only Hogarth´s voice and one or two guitar parts from Steve Rothery.

There is not much more to say. Ok, it may be an interesting and valid experiment for some, who am I to judge? But let me give you a piece of advice: forget any Marillion, prog or even pop music if you´re going to buy this album. If you´re a fan of the three aforementioned things, avoid at all costs.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#184495) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, October 02, 2008

Review by Warthur
3 stars This is an experiment on the part of Marillion and trance music duo The Positive Light, remixing material from This Strange Engine to create a trance reinterpretation of the album. On the whole, I'd say it's an intriguing idea; The Positive Light don't restrict themselves to using sounds solely from that particular album, mining a few other recent Marillion works to add the odd accent here and there (listen carefully and you might hear the French-speaking Cannibal Surf Babe say a line or two), and they generally tackle the material with sensitivity to the general emotional and conceptual direction of the pieces in question.

Once things really get underway, you have an interesting situation where sometimes the music will drift closer to the original, whereas sometimes the Positive Light will zoom off in their own entirely trance-based direction. The end result is a unique musical trip which I personally enjoy, but which I will readily admit is not for everyone. The big thing here is that it's first and foremost a trance album, so if you really have no enjoyment of that style of music at all you're not going to enjoy this one, even if you're a big Marillion fan.

But if you are a fan of Marillion and you like a bit of trance now and then, you might find that the two flavours go better together than expected. I wouldn't call this a particularly essential Marillion release, or even a highly recommended one, but it is an experiment which was worth doing and may entertain you if you have especially broad tastes.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#632918) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 12, 2012

3 stars The "Remix" Let me start this review with a loud laugh, please... LOL ! Thank you, I feel quite better now. If you haven't stopped reading you may ask yourself why on earth did I do this. The reason is not that hard to explain. I have just laughed about that album listed under "Marillion". T ... (read more)

Report this review (#617297) | Posted by rupert | Monday, January 23, 2012 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Not as bad as the ProgArchive rating ! I purchased this album thinking it was a Marillion release rather than a remix album and before having heard the orignal This Strange Engine. The overall result is listenable. Essentially, the vocal lines have been kept which avoids some of the repetition of ... (read more)

Report this review (#358965) | Posted by KeepItDark | Monday, December 20, 2010 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Like someone before me, I too saw this album and bought it on the spur of the moment. Labelled up £3 it was and I thought 'what a bargain!' Hmmm, driving home with it in the CD player I began to think otherwise. Gad! Dance music! Now I'm someone who has picture disc's of Market Square Hero's a ... (read more)

Report this review (#112358) | Posted by Dieselhead | Friday, February 16, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Hold your indignation here, this is not a Marillion album, it's a remix of some of the tracks from the This Strange Engine album, made by a project called The Positive Light. Tales from the Engine is indeed an "album" for the Marillion completionists. Estonia is very enjoyable and honours t ... (read more)

Report this review (#86493) | Posted by Cristi | Thursday, August 10, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Tales from TSE came to me a little surprising, I got this CD for less money, so I took it. TSE was one of the best H-era albums and I wonder, if it could be even made better. It wasn`t better at all, but this versions of the TSE songs are interesting, some of them really great, i.e. The Memory ... (read more)

Report this review (#12463) | Posted by Abominog | Wednesday, January 26, 2005 | Review Permanlink

1 stars This is the worst album for many years. If we know that the worst age of Marillion is whit Hogarth, and plus that album is like a DISCO MUSIC. Maybe Donna Summer in the vocals will be much better.Really, my friends, don´t accepted this "thing" . Marillion died when Fish left the Band, because with ... (read more)

Report this review (#12461) | Posted by | Thursday, October 07, 2004 | Review Permanlink

3 stars to mix or not to mix, that is the question... and in prog music it is deffinetly a bad choice. Let's start with the fact that if you are a Marillion fan, go and buy it (considering myself a Marillion fan), if not... well is not an album to fight for, or even consider it as a "nice buy", why, b ... (read more)

Report this review (#12460) | Posted by | Sunday, May 23, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MARILLION "Marillion and the Positive Light - Tales from the Engine Room "