MARILLION AND THE POSITIVE LIGHT - TALES FROM THE ENGINE ROOM

Marillion

Marillion Marillion and the Positive Light - Tales from the Engine Room  album cover

Collectors/fans only

Buy MARILLION Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1998

1. Estonia (11:43)
2. The memory of water (9:36)
3. This strange engine (20:37)
4. One fine day (8:20)
5. Face 1004 (8:40)
Bonus track on Eagle release
6. Eighty days (8:46)

Search MARILLION Marillion and the Positive Light - Tales from the Engine Room lyrics

Search MARILLION Marillion and the Positive Light - Tales from the Engine Room tabs

- Steve Hogarth / vocals
- Mark Kelly / keyboards
- Ian Mosley / drums
- Steve Rothery / guitars
- Pete Trewavas / basses

CD Racket Records #Racket 7 (1998)
Budget version CD with different artwork by Membran Music Ltd./ Eagle Rock Ltd. 223166-205 (2005)

and to Mandrakeroot for the last updates

MARILLION MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MARILLION Marillion and the Positive Light - Tales from the Engine Room Music

Sounds That Can't Be MadeSounds That Can't Be Made
Imports 2014
Real to Reel / Brief EncounterReal to Reel / Brief Encounter
Remastered · Special Edition · Import
EMI Europe Generic 1997
MARILLION - FAN CLUB MAGAZINE March 2010 Vol 1 of 4 (Very Rare) US $4.99 Buy It Now 31m 11s
MARILLION-THE THIEVING MAGPIE CASSETTE US $6.93 [0 bids]
33m 47s
MARILLION - FAN CLUB MAGAZINE June 2010 Vol 2 of 4 (Very Rare) US $4.99 [1 bids]
38m 24s
Marillion - Warm Wet Circles Remix- 12" Picture Disc US $28.15 Buy It Now 39m 32s
MARILLION - FAN CLUB MAGAZINE September 2010 Vol 3 of 4 (Very Rare) US $4.99 [1 bids]
42m 45s
MARILLION - FAN CLUB MAGAZINE December 2010 Vol 4 of 4 (Very Rare) US $4.99 [0 bids]
47m 50s
MARILLION - FAN CLUB MAGAZINE March 2011 Vol 1 of 4 (Very Rare) US $4.99 [1 bids]
52m 49s
Brave by Marillion (CD, Feb-1994, I.R.S. Records (U.S.) Best Price on Ebay US $6.99 Buy It Now 53m 15s
MARILLION - FAN CLUB MAGAZINE July 2011 Vol 2 of 4 (Very Rare) US $4.99 [0 bids]
57m 30s
MARILLION - FAN CLUB MAGAZINE September 2011 Vol 3 of 4 (Very Rare) US $4.99 [0 bids]
1h
MARILLION - FAN CLUB MAGAZINE December 2011 Vol 4 of 4 (Very Rare) US $4.99 [0 bids]
MARILLION - FAN CLUB MAGAZINE March 2012 Vol 1 of 4 (Very Rare) US $4.99 [0 bids]
MARILLION - FAN CLUB MAGAZINE June 2012 Vol 2 of 4 (Very Rare) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Marillion Misplaced Childhood CD new US $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 45m
QUEEN 7" UNA VISION argentina ID# 30682 PROMO ONLY B/S MARILLION-1985 EMI 384 QU US $55.00 Buy It Now 1h 59m
MARILLION - LAVENDER - FREAKS 7/45 PORTUGAL EMI 1985 US $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 7m
Marillion(12"Vinyl)Kayleigh-UK-12MARIL 3-EMI-G/VG+ US $11.92 Buy It Now 2h 27m
Marillion - B-Sides Themselves - music cd album US $13.56 Buy It Now 2h 30m
MARILLION Cover My Eyes / How Can It Hurt / The Party 12" VINYL SINGLE + POSTER US $13.63 Buy It Now 3h 18m
MARILLION Dry Land LTD EDITION 12" PICTURE DISC VINYL SINGLE EMI RECORDS US $22.16 Buy It Now 3h 18m
MARILLION Easter/The Release/Uninvited Guest 1990 EMI RECORDS 12" VINYL SINGLE US $13.65 Buy It Now 3h 18m
MARILLION Freaks/Kayleigh/Childhoods End/White Feather live 12" VINYL SINGLE US $13.63 Buy It Now 3h 18m
MARILLION Heart of Lothian / Chelsea Monday 1985 EMI RECORDS 12" VINYL SINGLE US $12.79 Buy It Now 3h 18m
MARILLION Hooks In You / After Me 1989 EMI RECORDS 12" VINYL SINGLE 12 MARIL 10 US $12.79 Buy It Now 3h 18m
MARILLION Incommunicado / Going Under 1987 EMI RECORDS 12" VINYL SINGLE US $13.65 Buy It Now 3h 18m
MARILLION Punch and Judy/Market Square Heroes/Three Boats Down..12" VINYL SINGLE US $17.04 Buy It Now 3h 18m
Steve Hogarth Marillion former band EUROPEANS Recognition PROMO 12" single MINT US $5.56 [0 bids]
MARILLION Incommunicado EMI 1987 B:alt.mix/going under US $34.99 Buy It Now 3h 21m
Marillion - Interview Picture Disc - UK Version with Interview from 1986 US $5.99 [0 bids]
The Thieving Magpie (La Gazza Ladra) by Marillion US $34.99 Buy It Now 3h 41m
V.A.1982 A Time to Remember 20 Songs w/Kate Bush,Marillion,Blondie,America. US $5.95 [0 bids]
CLASSIC ROCK CD NO 3 - MARILLION/DIO/JUDIE TZUKE/DEEP PURPLE (REF E3) US $6.81 Buy It Now 3h 50m
MARILLION - THE THIEVING MAGPIE DOUBLE VINYL G/FOLD LP MARL1 1988 US $22.16 Buy It Now 3h 55m
KERRANG 257 MARILLION CORONER + FASTER PUSSYCAT FLEXI US $13.63 Buy It Now 3h 58m
MARILLION: He Knows You Know/Chelsea Monday 12" PROMO LP Ships from SWEDEN Fish US $35.99 Buy It Now 3h 59m
MARILLION MISPLACED CHILDHOOD LP PROMOTIONAL MADE IN BRAZIL GTFOLD 1st PRES 1985 US $49.99 Buy It Now 4h 21m
MARILLION MISPLACED CHILDHOOD LP MADE IN BRAZIL 1st PRESS 1985 WITHOUT BARCODE US $24.99 Buy It Now 4h 21m
MARILLION FUGAZI LP MADE IN BRAZIL RARE PRESSING 1985 WITHOUT BARCODE US $24.99 Buy It Now 4h 21m
MARILLION. GRENDEL. 12" SINGLE. LIMITED EDITION. RSD 2013. MINT. SEALED. RARE. US $23.86 [0 bids]
MARILLION THE THIEVING MAGPIE 2LP SET MADE IN BRAZIL 1ST PRESS 1989 NO BARCODE US $29.99 Buy It Now 5h 13m
MARILLION REAL TO REEL LP MADE IN BRAZIL 1ST PRESS 1985 US $24.99 Buy It Now 5h 13m
MARILLION GERMAN 1985 7" Single KAYLEIGH US $5.95 Buy It Now 5h 14m
MARILLION UK 19917" Single COVER MY EYES DiscNEW US $4.69 Buy It Now 5h 14m
MARILLION UK 1985 7" Single LAVENDER DiscNEW US $5.54 Buy It Now 5h 14m
MARILLION UK 1991 7" Single NO ONE CAN MARIL14 DiscNEW US $5.54 Buy It Now 5h 14m
MARILLION UK 1987 7" Single WARM WET CIRCLES US $4.69 Buy It Now 5h 14m
MARILLION UK 1992 7" Single NO ONE CAN MARIL17 DiscNEW US $6.81 Buy It Now 5h 14m
MARILLION UK 1992 7" Single SYMPATHY DiscNEW US $4.69 Buy It Now 5h 14m
MARILLION UK 1994 7" Single THE HOLLOW MAN US $4.69 Buy It Now 5h 14m
MARILLION UK 1989 7" Single HOOKS IN YOU DiscNEW US $4.69 Buy It Now 5h 14m
Marillion Heart Of Lothian 7" Single - VG US $0.85 [0 bids]
RARE! Sushi Live in Utrecht by Fish (2 Discs Dick Bros) Austria Import Marillion US $10.39 Buy It Now 5h 38m
Fish (Marillion)/Credo (2 Versions) + 1 (UK/Sealed) Leaving EBAY! US $14.99 [0 bids]
6h
MARILLION-Lot of 2 vintage adverts US $5.10 Buy It Now 6h 24m
CD Album: Marillion : Somewhere Else US $15.34 Buy It Now 6h 30m
Marillion - Brave - Polish Release US $12.00 Buy It Now 6h 37m
Marillion - Misplaced Childhood Vinyl lp NEW US $30.69 Buy It Now 6h 51m
MARILLION UK 1982 7" Single MARKET SQUARE HEROES US $3.84 Buy It Now 6h 58m
MARILLION UK 1996 CD Essential Collection CDGOLD1058 NearMINT US $5.95 Buy It Now 7h 5m
MARILLION - SOUNDS THAT CAN'T BE MADE - NEW SEALED 12" VINYL 2 LP US $34.10 [0 bids]
MARILLION UK 1990 7" Single EASTER DiscNEW US $5.10 Buy It Now 7h 27m
MARILLION B'SIDES THEMSELVES LP MADE IN BRAZIL 1ST PRESS 1988 WITHOUT BARCODE US $24.99 Buy It Now 7h 50m
DURAN DURAN MARILLION WHITESNAKE LP ONLY IN BRAZIL 1985 TINA TURNER V.A. US $19.99 Buy It Now 7h 50m
MARILLION Misplace Childhood GATEFOLD US $15.34 Buy It Now 8h 9m
MARILLION - The Thieving Magpie - 1989 Magazine Advertisment Poster US $7.68 Buy It Now 8h 27m
MARILLION lady nina PROMO 12" MINT prog US $9.99 [0 bids]
MARILLION SINGLE MADE IN PORTUGAL 45 PS 7 - INCOMMUNICADO - US $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 44m
Marillion Sympathy / Kayleigh / Dy Land UK Picture Disc 12" With Picture Sleeve US $34.99 Buy It Now 8h 58m
MARILLION ~ FREAKS (Live)/ KAYLEIGH (Live)~ 7" UK VINYL 45 ~Picture Sleeve~NM+ US $14.95 Buy It Now 9h 3m
MARILLION MISPLACED CHILDHOOD LP MADE IN BRAZIL 1ST PRESS 1985 GATEFOLD US $24.99 Buy It Now 9h 19m
CAST- Four Aces, Marillion, Genisis, private release US $9.99 [0 bids]
Marillion - Script For Jester's Tear 6-track 12" EP '83 US $12.99 [0 bids]
CAST - Landing in a serious Mind ,Rare, Private, Marillion, Pallas US $9.99 [0 bids]
Marillion Hooks In You Uk 12" US $17.99 Buy It Now 10h 11m
Marillion Kayleigh, Lady Nina Uk 12" US $15.99 Buy It Now 10h 11m
Marillion Market Square Heroes Uk 12" US $15.99 Buy It Now 10h 11m
Marillion - A Sunday Night Above The Rain 2 CD 2014 - PRE ORDER JULY 8th US $11.99 Buy It Now 10h 13m
Marillion - A Sunday Night Above The Rain DVD 2014 - PRE ORDER JULY 8th US $11.99 Buy It Now 10h 15m
MARILLION Tape Cassette REAL TO REEL 1984 Capitol Records EMI Canada US $8.33 Buy It Now 10h 47m
Marillion The Singles 89-95 Progressive Rock Music 4x CD Box Set New US $30.69 Buy It Now 11h 9m
Marillion Reel To Reel 7 Track Cassette US $11.50 Buy It Now 11h 24m
MARILLION - Assassing - Rare Original EMI UK Pressing Prog 12" US $5.98 [1 bids]
MARILLION - Garden Party - Rare Original EMI UK Pressing Prog 12" US $5.98 [1 bids]
MARILLION - He Knows You Know - Rare Original EMI UK Pressing Prog 12" US $5.98 [1 bids]
Marillion Zodiac CD Mega Rare US $79.99 Buy It Now 12h 14m
Marillion Between You And Me CD Single Rare Mint Genesis Yes Fish Pendragon US $59.99 Buy It Now 12h 14m
Marillion The Hollow Man Part 2 Single CD Rare Marbles New Fish US $13.99 Buy It Now 12h 14m
Marillion FRC 13 Live CD Brave Made Again Tour Fish Rush Yes Dream Theater US $39.99 Buy It Now 12h 14m
Wishing Tree CD Marillion Fish Genesis Carnival Of Souls Steve Rothery Original US $30.99 Buy It Now 12h 14m
Crash Course Rare CD New Marillion Fish Genesis Pendragon Pallas Porcupine Tree US $99.99 Buy It Now 12h 14m
MARILLION - Kayleigh - Rare Original EMI UK Pressing Prog 12" US $5.98 [1 bids]
MARILLION - Lavender - Rare Original EMI UK Pressing Prog PICTURE DISC US $5.98 [1 bids]
MARILLION - Market Square Heroes - Rare Original EMI UK Pressing Prog 12" US $5.98 [1 bids]
MARILLION - Punch And Judy - Rare Original EMI UK Pressing Prog PICTURE DISC US $5.98 [1 bids]
Marillion The Hollow Man Part One 1 Single CD Rare Marbles New Fish US $13.99 Buy It Now 12h 20m
Pain Of Salvation Perfect Element CD Marillion Dream Theater Transatlantic Impor US $6.99 Buy It Now 12h 20m
H Natural Selection CD Marillion Steve Hogarth FRC Transatlantic US $21.99 Buy It Now 12h 20m
Marillion Live At Walsall 1990 Rare Fish CD Transatlantic Genesis Dream Theater US $49.99 Buy It Now 12h 20m
FISH rare issue INTERNAL EXILE 1991 U.K. Import CD 9 tracks MARILLION Genesis US $19.99 Buy It Now 12h 24m
Suits by Fish (CD, Nov-1998, Roadrunner) Marillion Genesis US $24.69 Buy It Now 12h 24m

More places to buy MARILLION music online Buy MARILLION & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MARILLION DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MARILLION Marillion and the Positive Light - Tales from the Engine Room ratings distribution

MARILLION Marillion and the Positive Light - Tales from the Engine Room reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars An interesting trance-formation

In recent times, both Yes and Emerson Lake and Palmer have been the subject of remix albums, which if truth be told, were not particularly good. Some years previously however, "The Positive Light" undertook a similar treatment of tracks from Marillion's "This strange engine" album.

The original album being one of the band's more progressive albums, the choice at first seems rather odd. For me however, the results are largely successful. The main difference between this album and the Yes and ELP reworks is that here the tracks are more faithful to their original counterparts. The resulting product is more in the mould of extended versions, with perhaps a dance backing track or an accentuated bass and drum rhythm.

This album will not be everybody's cup of tea I grant you, especially many of the devotees of this website (for obvious reasons!). For those like myself however, who enjoy the occasion burst of trance, and indeed feel that some trance music has a relationship with progressive rock (and vice versa), this album makes a valid statement, and is well work seeking out.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#12459) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 02, 2004

Review by Tristan Mulders
4 stars Marillion and the positive Light - Tales from the Engine Room

As a first note I think I should state that this is better of being classified as electronic music. The album is a collection of 5 (or 6, depending on which version you obtain) ambient dance remixes of songs that were originally release one year earlier by Marillion on their "This Strange Engine" album.

This remix album has been worked on in agreement with the band and they stated that they liked the results. I bought it even before I owned the original versions of the songs, without knowing that this was a remix album, I just thought it was a discount version of "This strange Engine", but it was not ;-)

I hope that the word 'remix' or 'dance' does not scare you off. If there's one thing that someone who likes progressive music should be, it would be open-minded. You do not have to expect typical electronic music as available in any country's basic music charts. Here it is mainly "ambient dance" music. The point of this musical experiment was to recreate the songs, while maintaining their original vibe and mood. Perhaps the fact that the people behind the artist name The positive Light are fans of Marillion themselves might take away some of your doubts about the quality of songs, regarding the typical moody song writing that Marillion is famous for.

And believe me, I still like this remix album even more than the original "This strange Engine" album!

Send comments to Tristan Mulders (BETA) | Report this review (#12464) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 14, 2005

Review by Cygnus X-2
2 stars Marillion's album of electronica oriented tracks from This Strange Engine. In a word, not something that a casual listener should purchase. Why? Because this album has really no purpose, unless it is to show that Marillion were always trying to be creative and go down avenues that they had not gone down at the time. The result for this album is successful, but the original feeling that the band had obtained in the original versions of the songs on this album is lost in a sea of droning dance beats and accentuated drum notes, often resulting in extended versions of the songs from This Strange Engine. Most tracks also sound very very similar, but that doesn't really affect my rating of it.

Expect the versions on this album to remain somewhat faithful to their This Strange Engine counterparts, because for the most part, they do not stray away from the original structure of the song, minus the obvious addition of dance beats and more electronic tendencies. The only song that I think is truly improved on this album is Estonia, mainly because I absolutely love the drumming on this track, and the bass is also superb, and help make the chorus (which is among my favorite choruses of the band) so much better than the original album's (which is already incredibly strong). The rest of the songs, though, aren't really improved, and they aren't really brought down either. They just have a different feeling to them, in fact, a totally different feel from the original versions.

Overall, this album is really only recommended by me to fans of the group and people who like music that can be danced to. If you also like remix albums, this may be something to check out. But for me, I'm left with a feeling of why, mainly because I'm not exactly sure why this album really had to be made. Kudos, though, to Marillion for trying something new. I like the album, but I really question it's worth. 2.5/5.

Send comments to Cygnus X-2 (BETA) | Report this review (#76512) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 27, 2006

Review by WaywardSon
1 stars I remember buying this album on sale. I had never heard of it before, but seeing the name "Marillion" I thought this could be something worthwhile getting. Well, what a big mistake! This is a disco/trance album! After listening to it once I thought I would give it another try because it´s Marillion after all. Well I listened to it again and then gave it away for free. This is definitely the worst album I have ever heard! Avoid at all cost!

Send comments to WaywardSon (BETA) | Report this review (#84612) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, July 23, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
1 stars Two considerations to introduce this review :

1. "This Strange Engine" was one of the record that I could live with from the Mark II Marillion. Not a great one (there won't be any to my standards) but good.

2. I have never been keen on remixes.

Therefore, I had lots of apprehension before listening to this record. The six songs featured here, are quite extended versions of the original tracks available on "This Strange Engine".

"Estonia" has gained almost 50% in lenght and although the aerial mood is not bad, I quite prefer the original song. Still, this adaptation is pleasant and is by no means boring. but that's probably because I like this song pretty much. Hogarth's voice is almost a prefect match with the music here. I deliberately say so because I really do not like his type of singing, so when I feel that I like him, I just say so.

"The Memory Of Water" starts almost as spacey as "Estonia" here, but what I was fearing was bound to happen. This remix is a dance, disco one. Needless to say that it is rather awful. I just hate it, nicely.

"This Strange Engine" was probably the most elaborate Marillion Mark II song. A fifteen minutes piece of music full of originality. This version starts like the other first two of this album : keyboard-oriented and fully space-rock for about two minutes. And then the same kind of poor beat sets the stage. Tchak, boum, tchak, boum. Almost as worse as the previous number although less aggressive. Still, to be able to enjoy these twenty minutes is completely beyond my reach.

I never could stand this style of music (almost house). Even less those remixes of nice songs. An extremely poor interpretation, indeed. The last four minutes are good, only because they are more faithful to the original.

I'm afraid that this album won't please any Marillion fan. I guess that not too many of the genuine band ones have gotten here and the Mark II ones will probably remain sceptical.

"One Fine Day" was a very nice and melodic song on the original album. Fortunately, this version is more respectful. The re- arrangement is more in the style of "Estonia"; which is a kind of relief, really. It is the second average song featured here. The "bonus" track "Eighty Days" is also acceptable. Keyboards again add a special touch.

My global feeling is that this is a rather crappy album. I honestly believe that one star is the maximum rating I can use for this "effort". Do stick with the original album of course.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#131429) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 02, 2007

Review by Gatot
1 stars This is an impulsive review, not planned at all. I just read two reviews from Mandrakeroot and Elizabeth about this album. I agree with both reviews. In fact this was my GREATEST DISSATISFACTION in any CD purchase that I have made in my life. It cost me USD 12 to purchase and I got a totally boring music and even worse ... I could not believe that this is an album by Marillion! How could it be? I have been a fan of the band (indeed a "die hard fan" during Fish era) and it is now being destroyed by Mr h? I am sure people who read this site would not favor this kind of music because it's basically a trance music with no clear direction at all. And I have to be honest to give only one star for this. AN album that must be avoided by whoever who loves prog music. And I hope you still keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#133031) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Review by Tarcisio Moura
1 stars Oh, my god! I should have known better. I bought this album on a sale for less than $4, still sealed, brand new. It was just too good to be true. But since I´m always a big fan of Marillion, I had to try. And I could never guessed it was an album of trance remixes of This Strange Engine. In fact, even this Strange Engine is not one of Steve Hogarth-era Marillion best CDs. And still I tried very hard to at least understand this CD, maybe even like it. But to no avail. I was never a fan of trance music and this is for the hardcore ones. This eletronic/dance frankenstein stripped the songs of everything that was orignally recorded, saving only Hogarth´s voice and one or two guitar parts from Steve Rothery.

There is not much more to say. Ok, it may be an interesting and valid experiment for some, who am I to judge? But let me give you a piece of advice: forget any Marillion, prog or even pop music if you´re going to buy this album. If you´re a fan of the three aforementioned things, avoid at all costs.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#184495) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, October 02, 2008

Review by Warthur
3 stars This is an experiment on the part of Marillion and trance music duo The Positive Light, remixing material from This Strange Engine to create a trance reinterpretation of the album. On the whole, I'd say it's an intriguing idea; The Positive Light don't restrict themselves to using sounds solely from that particular album, mining a few other recent Marillion works to add the odd accent here and there (listen carefully and you might hear the French-speaking Cannibal Surf Babe say a line or two), and they generally tackle the material with sensitivity to the general emotional and conceptual direction of the pieces in question.

Once things really get underway, you have an interesting situation where sometimes the music will drift closer to the original, whereas sometimes the Positive Light will zoom off in their own entirely trance-based direction. The end result is a unique musical trip which I personally enjoy, but which I will readily admit is not for everyone. The big thing here is that it's first and foremost a trance album, so if you really have no enjoyment of that style of music at all you're not going to enjoy this one, even if you're a big Marillion fan.

But if you are a fan of Marillion and you like a bit of trance now and then, you might find that the two flavours go better together than expected. I wouldn't call this a particularly essential Marillion release, or even a highly recommended one, but it is an experiment which was worth doing and may entertain you if you have especially broad tastes.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#632918) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 12, 2012

3 stars The "Remix" Let me start this review with a loud laugh, please... LOL ! Thank you, I feel quite better now. If you haven't stopped reading you may ask yourself why on earth did I do this. The reason is not that hard to explain. I have just laughed about that album listed under "Marillion". T ... (read more)

Report this review (#617297) | Posted by rupert | Monday, January 23, 2012 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Not as bad as the ProgArchive rating ! I purchased this album thinking it was a Marillion release rather than a remix album and before having heard the orignal This Strange Engine. The overall result is listenable. Essentially, the vocal lines have been kept which avoids some of the repetition of ... (read more)

Report this review (#358965) | Posted by KeepItDark | Monday, December 20, 2010 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Like someone before me, I too saw this album and bought it on the spur of the moment. Labelled up £3 it was and I thought 'what a bargain!' Hmmm, driving home with it in the CD player I began to think otherwise. Gad! Dance music! Now I'm someone who has picture disc's of Market Square Hero's a ... (read more)

Report this review (#112358) | Posted by Dieselhead | Friday, February 16, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Hold your indignation here, this is not a Marillion album, it's a remix of some of the tracks from the This Strange Engine album, made by a project called The Positive Light. Tales from the Engine is indeed an "album" for the Marillion completionists. Estonia is very enjoyable and honours t ... (read more)

Report this review (#86493) | Posted by Cristi | Thursday, August 10, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Tales from TSE came to me a little surprising, I got this CD for less money, so I took it. TSE was one of the best H-era albums and I wonder, if it could be even made better. It wasn`t better at all, but this versions of the TSE songs are interesting, some of them really great, i.e. The Memory ... (read more)

Report this review (#12463) | Posted by Abominog | Wednesday, January 26, 2005 | Review Permanlink

1 stars This is the worst album for many years. If we know that the worst age of Marillion is whit Hogarth, and plus that album is like a DISCO MUSIC. Maybe Donna Summer in the vocals will be much better.Really, my friends, don´t accepted this "thing" . Marillion died when Fish left the Band, because with ... (read more)

Report this review (#12461) | Posted by | Thursday, October 07, 2004 | Review Permanlink

3 stars to mix or not to mix, that is the question... and in prog music it is deffinetly a bad choice. Let's start with the fact that if you are a Marillion fan, go and buy it (considering myself a Marillion fan), if not... well is not an album to fight for, or even consider it as a "nice buy", why, b ... (read more)

Report this review (#12460) | Posted by | Sunday, May 23, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MARILLION "Marillion and the Positive Light - Tales from the Engine Room "