Queensrˇche - Rage For Order  CD (album) cover

4 stars Queensryche - 'Rage for Order' 4 stars

Due to my age, I didn't know of any progressive metal bands before Dream Theater. When I eventually checked it out, I was led to Queensryche's album 'Operation Mindcrime'. Being exactly what it was made out to be, I checked out more of the recent albums and found nothing. Going backwards however, led me to much promise.

This is Chris DeGarmo's (guitarist, main arranger) essential album. I am fond of all the different ideas he came up with behind his instrument sound wise. He had some great riffs on his guitar, along with beautiful acoustic arrangements, some really dissonant pieces and even diving into some effects. His guitar work on this album is unlike any other Queensryche album, as it got a little more band oriented on subsequent albums. The song arrangements were all very good and Geoff can carry the listener through them with his now perfected vocal work. An album not to be looked over for its age, I consider this an excellent piece of music.

ProgBagel | 4/5 |