Finch - Beyond Expression CD (album) cover

Forum & Site Admin Group
5 stars Wow, what aggressive sounds!

It's so disappointing that Finch's great albums couldn't be re-released. I'm sure it's one of the most excellent progressive rock bands all over the world. The first album (Glory Of The Inner Force) has smooth but upbeat atmosphere from start to end, and this second one is more active and more aggressive. Especially, BEYOND THE BIZARRE has a very heavy and sticky face (I always say the sticky sound is like Enka, the Japanese folksong). The sticky KOBUSHI sound can drag us prog-listeners in Finch world like a drug.

But, please wait, I guess the terrific sound was born from the unstability of the group. That is, as many proggers say, the close-to-the-edge sound, isn't it?

At any rate, this album is really BEYOND EXPRESSION.

*KOBUSHI...the kind of melody in Japanese Enka