Transatlantic - Live in Europe CD (album) cover

5 stars I've seen the DVD a couple of nights ago and yet, I feel speechless... Of course, some could say Transatlantic's music is not original. Well, I do recognize the influences here, but someway, they're represented in a new way, freshly enough to get involved with the magnificent sound and stunning performances. This guys, well... they're indeed having fun here. And that's why they deserve five stars. The music speaks by itself: all those influences (of course: The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Yes, Genesis, King Crimson, Gentle Giant, Procol Harum and many, many others) in the pen of this outstanding composer called Neal Morse, side by side with Flower Kings' Roine Stolt, the humble worker of the bass, Marillion's Pete Trewavas and the best rock drummer of our days, the well-known Mike Portnoy, became historical peaces of progressive rock really essentials (and by the way, an excellent gate to newcomers) in every collection. My favourite track is the first one I heard: All Of The Above from SMPTe (don't miss this), but wait till you see/hear these guys playing Duel With the Devil or Stranger In Your Soul from the later Bridge Across Forever (don't you dare to miss this)... Absolutely mindblowing and hardly recommended! An instant classic in prog rock!
Gabito | 5/5 |