LIVE IN EUROPE

progressive rock music

Buy TRANSATLANTIC Music
Live, released in 2003

CD one: (79:01)
1. Duel With the Devil (26:00)
2. My New World (16:20)
3. We All Need Some Light (6:41)
4. Suite Charlotte Pike Medley (30:00)

CD two: (60:55)
1. Stranger In Your Soul (30:36)
2. All of the Above (30:19)

Search TRANSATLANTIC Live in Europe lyrics

Guests:
- Daniël Gildenlöw / guitar, keyboard, backing vocals

Inside Out #IOMCD 140

and to martymcfly89 for the last updates

TRANSATLANTIC MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TRANSATLANTIC Live in Europe Music

Metal Blade 2003
Live in EuropeLive in Europe
Inside Out Germany 2004
DVD$71.92

More places to buy TRANSATLANTIC music online Buy TRANSATLANTIC & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TRANSATLANTIC DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TRANSATLANTIC Live in Europe ratings distribution

TRANSATLANTIC Live in Europe reviews

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
5 stars (continuing from review of video version), to be honest, I like this one maybe even more. Without images ("how they're doing these sounds"), it's quite treat for imagination. And where I didn't like the studio versions (they sounds simply too unfriendly, too formal and there's no human touch in them), I enjoy this a lot.

Believe me or not, but even sound of Pete tuning his bass guitar in first second of Suite Charlotte Pike - Abbey Road addition, every shout that Neal Morse gives here ("all right we're gonna rock", "one-two-three-four"), or boasting irony of Mike ("wazzzaaap", or "throw money"). Even calm, wise approach of Roine, who really is to be heard only when singing and doing great thing with guitar (I like that).

5(+), well, big boys are playing. I'm sure they were enjoying this a lot. And I think that video & audio only version are inseparable ones, but suit yourself. I'm mostly listening to audio, because you can do other work while listening you know. However, there's maybe one disappointment in form of My new world, but that's just one "short" song surrounded by "fu*kin'" epics (as Portnoy proclaimed), which sounds much better in video version.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#247585) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, November 01, 2009

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
5 stars Take musicians from four of the top progressive rock bands around and there is a ready built supergroup. What makes this recording even more interesting now is because Neal not only left Spock's Beard when he decided to take a different course, he also left Transatlantic at the same time. In Morse, Mike Portnoy, Roine Stolt and Pete Trewavas there were four musicians and singers seemingly capable of turning their hands to anything they wanted and although the first live album was somewhat restricted by the band at the time not having much in the way of self-composed material, but that wasn't a problem when it came to the 2001 tour which is captured here.

There are six 'songs' on this double CD, with the extremely short "We All Need Some Light" only being six minutes long. Yep, there are three songs on this album that are over thirty minutes long! Now that is probably enough to get the progheads salivating, but how about incorporating side two of 'Abbey Road' into "Suite Charlotte Pike Medley"!? There are going to many who think that this album is self-indulgent and over-long, but the fan is just going to be happy that it has been made available. They bring together all of the things that non-progheads think are the worst examples of this style of music, complex and complicated music that is overblown and pompous with harmony vocals and intelligent structuring of lyrics and their place in the piece. But to progheads this is a joy, with each song being better than the last, each one with sections (if not the whole thing) that has the listener shaking their head in wonderment and smiling. This is prog, and it's fun! Because all of the guys had other 'main' bands this was only ever about making music that the wanted to, because they enjoyed it, and that enjoyment comes through on this album. It is also available as a double DVD or a double CD/double DVD limited edition. This is wonderful stuff.

Originally appeared in Feedback #78, April 2004

Send comments to kev rowland (BETA) | Report this review (#1021187) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, August 21, 2013

5 stars If I were to recommend an entry point for the listener curious about this fine band, it would be Live in Europe. This album marks the culmination of the energy and creativity that gave us the first two studio albums, SMPTe and Bridge Across Forever. It contains much from both of these excellen ... (read more)

Report this review (#282951) | Posted by rod65 | Friday, May 21, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Even though the studio versions of these songs are slightly crisper and tighter, it's absolutely mind-boggling that these four guys (plus Gildenlow) can actually play and remember(!) these long and intricate pieces live, almost flawlessly. This is a very worthwhile addition to the small Transa ... (read more)

Report this review (#125670) | Posted by Squire Jaco | Wednesday, June 13, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Fantastic live album, you can feel the intense energy of this four genius (well 5, because Daniel Gildenlöw appears like a special guest of the band).I'm very happy personally with this album, because they play all my favorite songs, My New World,We All Need Some Light,Stranger In Your Soul an ... (read more)

Report this review (#113119) | Posted by | Thursday, February 22, 2007 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Those looking for compositions that push the envelope of what Peter Gabriel, Yes, Gentle Giant, ELP, King Krimson, Adrian Belew, Allan Holdsworth, etc. defined will not find it here. Although technically capable with their instruments, TA has not risen above the level of a Large Garage Band. Ly ... (read more)

Report this review (#109274) | Posted by convocation | Sunday, January 28, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A much better live album and DVD. This is probably the only one they should have released. Still, with only two studio albums, and being so popular amound the prog niche fans, I can understand why they did it. Anyway, good versions of all the studio stuff, particularly Suite Charolette Pike wi ... (read more)

Report this review (#64400) | Posted by | Thursday, January 12, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars The first time I listen to the album from start to finish I said to myself:"How the hell these guys play these songs whitout a single error?"And after a few listens I've realised that I was listening to the finest players in the World!Mike Portnoy's performance live is way above from the norma ... (read more)

Report this review (#44947) | Posted by | Tuesday, August 30, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I have to say that this "Live in Europe" by Transatlantic is an essential album for lovers of prog rock. Finally Mike Portnoy plays drums in good way, in DT is only a clown with sticks. The immense Neal Morse sings and plays keyboards in divine way, as usual. Mr. Roine Stolt is one of my favou ... (read more)

Report this review (#23381) | Posted by dodaro | Thursday, June 02, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I've seen the DVD a couple of nights ago and yet, I feel speechless... Of course, some could say Transatlantic's music is not original. Well, I do recognize the influences here, but someway, they're represented in a new way, freshly enough to get involved with the magnificent sound and stunnin ... (read more)

Report this review (#23379) | Posted by Gabito | Saturday, February 12, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Another year, another live Transatlantic double cd. This time those of us who missed them this side of the pond can see and hear them. Buy the dvd/cd set, this must have been a great date to actually see, but this is an adequate second-best. Neal Morse, away from his own endeavours makes a good pitc ... (read more)

Report this review (#23368) | Posted by | Wednesday, November 05, 2003 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of TRANSATLANTIC "Live in Europe"